Together in Paradise

Together in Paradise

4.88 of 5 stars 4.88  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In this thought provoking follow up to Slone's first allegorical masterpiece, The Great Mystery, we are once again reminded to slow down, and be inspired by Life.

As part of his ongoing effort to shift our focus to a more interdependent reality, Slone uses this story to remind us of the world's most powerful, and universal law: "The Golden Rule."

Through both tragedy and tri...more
Paperback, 1st, 162 pages
Published March 2012 by One World Publishing

Deb
Nov 24, 2012 Deb rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Deb by: Author
This was a fascinating read! I didn't find it preachy at all, just a really smooth, lovely lesson that we could all benefit from. It was not based on any religion, and was interesting. I am very thankful to have won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway!
Karen
I won this book in a Goodreads.com Giveaway and I'm glad I did.

"Together is Paradise" is a well written book of one of my Father's sayings when we were kids, "Treat people better or like you want to be treated." We hear similar phrases from sources all the way back to the Bible.

Travis puts this in perspective in his book. Well written, fast read with a great reminder of the values that we grew up with.
Jessica Franklin
Amazing Book! Can't wait for the next one by Slone. Loved The Great Mystery as well.
Yz
May 16, 2012 Yz is currently reading it
Shelves: first-reads
Will read and review.
Lisa Miller Chandler
I received this book free from Goodreads (first reads). I enjoyed the book until the ending p, and it had a good lesson to learn. I believe in the message being passed. Do good to others, and the story that portrayed the message was both uplifting and moving as you follow the characters through their time of growth. The actions in the story were essential when it came time for the ending to be dealt with.

I did find it a little hard to believe or to come to terms with the ending and how it all w...more
Brandon Jennings
A spiritual adventure that any reader, of any age will enjoy. Quick read, but really a profound message: live by the Golden Rule. This book really made me consider the "after-life" concept as well... Some deep stuff for a short book, but the ploy kept it interesting. A real page-turner
Frank Salamander
Found this on my kindle, and loved it. Easy read, but well worth the time.
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Mailo
Mailo marked it as to-read
Amber Dickens
Amber Dickens marked it as to-read
David
David marked it as to-read
Jacquie Talento
Jacquie Talento marked it as to-read
Sarah Lynn
Sarah Lynn marked it as to-read
Renee Williams
Renee Williams marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
John Watson
John Watson marked it as to-read
May 13, 2012
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
May 13, 2012
Stacy Robinson
Stacy Robinson marked it as to-read
May 12, 2012
Anna Wadlow
Anna Wadlow marked it as to-read
May 12, 2012
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
May 11, 2012
Jennifer Metz
Jennifer Metz marked it as to-read
May 09, 2012
Sharon Cramer
Sharon Cramer marked it as to-read
May 09, 2012
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
May 07, 2012
Jeff Lane
Jeff Lane marked it as to-read
May 07, 2012
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
May 01, 2012
Travis Slone is the author of three books: The Great Mystery; Together in Paradise; and By Example: Twelve Personal Missions That Will Maximize Your Human Potential.

He is also a behavioral science officer in the U.S. Army, a husband, father of three daughters, and a licensed master of social work. He enjoys hiking, biking, and running as hobbies, and aims to help others through both his work, and...more
More about Travis Slone...
The Great Mystery By Example: Twelve Personal Missions That Will Maximize Your Human Potential By Example