3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Reagan Burnsfield has no interest in finding himself a wife. But that's exactly what he must do when a lumber contract falls through and threatens the family business. Marrying the beautiful debutante Amanda Bruester for her dowry will solve his short term need as well as give him the wife of his dreams.

His courtship is hindered until they are arrested after stumbling upon...more
Published (first published March 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Threads of Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Threads of Betrayal

Literary  Chanteuse
This is a fantastic story! I loved this book! It's a romance with so many twists and turns. Deceit, love and betrayal is the recipe for many of the characters who win your affection as well as some who win your disgust. Quite a combination. I would recommend this for any romance and historical fiction fans.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Reagan Burnsfield wanted to prove himself to his father as lumberman and devises a scheme to marry Amanda Bruester. Little did Reagan know how much his life would change through marriage. Amanda forced to marry Reagan to protect her reputation from further damage. Amanda's dreams of married life pale in comparison to the truth. Amanda learns to true reason Reagan married her the shock of betrayal runs deep. Amanda isn't sure she can forgive Reagan for his deception yet she slowly sees things fro...more
Abi (dragonbookreviews.weebly.com)
I received this book in return for an honest review and I am so glad that I did! I loved everything about this book; the plot, the characters, the amazing wiring style and most definitely the setting! I can definitely see this book becoming a future classic. it is positively the best historical fiction (with the intent of being historical, not just a really old book :D) that I have read in a long, long time and it deserves all five of the stars I have given it. even now the story still lingers i...more
Larryjc
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.
This book is extremely amazing. Set around the time of the civil war, it is about a marriage of convinience between two lovable characters. Though the nature of convinience was slightly different for the heroine. There are twists and turns, love, deceit, betrayal, criminal investigation and even a redeemable french rake.
Reagan is too logical for his own good though. Instead of apologising straight off, he saw his actions as log...more
Samantha Adams
Threads of betrayal is the intricate and engaging story of Reagan and Amanda set in America just before the civil war began.

Reagan and Amanda have a strong attraction from the start which only increases throughout the novel, but as always, they are plagued by lies, obstacles, betrayal and of course...a scandal!

There are an array of wonderful, warm and thoroughly delightful characters that you cant help but fall in love with and of course the scoundrels and villains that you love to hate!

I loved...more
Dinique Brooks
I rather enjoyed this book. I don't often read historical fiction but I'm glad I chose this one.

The book was longer than I expected. And the pace was average. Perhaps it was a bit too slow at times. But that could be because of all the really short chapters. Counting the epilogue is 105, I believe.

But it was an entertaining story. No intrigue as far was wondering what would happen yet but nevertheless, it made you wish to continue. And for me, the important part was that I got a basic emotional...more
William Axtell
This was a terrific read! Set against a backdrop of the American Civil War, this is a really good novel about love and politics. The characters are very varied and believable and the plot is a treat, very carefully put together and full of twists and turns. It's a good length too, so the characters can really bed in and develope. I can't really say much more without giving the plot away but suffice it to say that if you like historical fiction or romance, this is a book for you as it manages bot...more
Nay Nay
Monica Miller's writing style flowed easily and pulled the reader along. The book was a bit long...but you never notice, you are so involved with the story and characters. The plot is filled with love and betrayal with alot of twist and turns. The characters are delightful and deceitful, but they are so likable.
THREADS OF BETRAYAL is filled with rich beauty and grace, which I will conclude, this is a must read. Every fan of romance and historical fiction will love this book.

I recieved THREADS OF...more
SavageGrace
All I gotta say is: "Karma, Elizabeth, Karma..." I love Amanda and Reagan as a couple and felt only pity for Elizabeth - until she took advantage of his drunken state. Believing his marriage was falling or not, she GREATLY crossed the line, not simply for that but doing so to a married man. I feel evil for hoping even more misfortune comes her way - I'm only rooting for Amanda and Reagan!
Barb Henderson
Threads of Betrayal
This story being set in a previous time is filled with traditions and workings of this period.
The very detailed and intricate plot allows the reader to be swept up in the story.
Lori
Full disclosure....the author is a friend. I loved it! The ending had me wanting more!
Autumn Birt
From what I read of the description for this novel and its reviews, I was excited to start reading it. What was there not to be hopeful about? An historic romance set in the early days of the Civil War complete with a dashing and successful businessman, a beautiful and wealthy debutant, her parents that dislike the young man, and the promise of a myriad of problems inhibiting to their romance. It sounded like Pride and Prejudice meets Gone with the Wind. I was prepared to be riveted.

But I wasn’t...more
Cheri
Add this to my "did not finish" pile. I got it as a freebie, and the reviews sounded good (c'mon, one reviewer called it Gone with the Wind crossed with Pride and Prejudice...I would have loved that!) unfortunately, nothing...and I mean nothing...happens in this book. For example, one entire early chapter is devoted to describing a character getting dressed. There is no tension, no intrigue, no mystery--no plot.
Judith Post
I enjoy a book with a lot of twists and turns. This book had that and more--set at the beginning of the Civil War, slave traders menaced people, a villain deceived and blackmailed for ill-gotten gains, a romance bumped from one misadventure to the next, and a lumberman struggled with his conscience and lots of lust. This book had a little bit of everything--sometimes a tad too much--but it all made for a fun read!
Amanda Brown
Amanda Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Tracey Champion
Tracey Champion marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Trampas Jones
Trampas Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Mellody Delorenze
Mellody Delorenze marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Billie
Billie marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Chalaina
Chalaina marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

“I believe in Individualism. Find out what makes you unique and develop it. Don't run with the herd. Set yourself apart so you can stand out.” 1 likes