Start by marking “Threads of Betrayal” as Want to Read:

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Reagan Burnsfield has no interest in finding himself a wife. But that's exactly what he must do when a lumber contract falls through and threatens the family business. Marrying the beautiful debutante Amanda Bruester for her dowry will solve his short term need as well as give him the wife of his dreams.

His courtship is hindered until they are arrested after stumbling upon
Published (first published March 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Threads of Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Threads of Betrayal

Literary  Chanteuse
Jan 30, 2016 Literary Chanteuse rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom-historical
This is a fantastic story! I loved this book! It's a romance with so many twists and turns. Deceit, love and betrayal is the recipe for many of the characters who win your affection as well as some who win your disgust. Quite a combination. I would recommend this for any romance and historical fiction fans.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Reagan Burnsfield wanted to prove himself to his father as lumberman and devises a scheme to marry Amanda Bruester. Little did Reagan know how much his life would change through marriage. Amanda forced to marry Reagan to protect her reputation from further damage. Amanda's dreams of married life pale in comparison to the truth. Amanda learns to true reason Reagan married her the shock of betrayal runs deep. Amanda isn't sure she can forgive Reagan for his deception yet she slowly sees things fro ...more
Abi (dragonbookreviews.weebly.com)
I received this book in return for an honest review and I am so glad that I did! I loved everything about this book; the plot, the characters, the amazing wiring style and most definitely the setting! I can definitely see this book becoming a future classic. it is positively the best historical fiction (with the intent of being historical, not just a really old book :D) that I have read in a long, long time and it deserves all five of the stars I have given it. even now the story still lingers i ...more
Olanrewaju Olarinde
Mar 28, 2014 Olanrewaju Olarinde rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.
This book is extremely amazing. Set around the time of the civil war, it is about a marriage of convinience between two lovable characters. Though the nature of convinience was slightly different for the heroine. There are twists and turns, love, deceit, betrayal, criminal investigation and even a redeemable french rake.
Reagan is too logical for his own good though. Instead of apologising straight off, he saw his actions as log
Samantha Adams
May 16, 2012 Samantha Adams rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rnr
Threads of betrayal is the intricate and engaging story of Reagan and Amanda set in America just before the civil war began.

Reagan and Amanda have a strong attraction from the start which only increases throughout the novel, but as always, they are plagued by lies, obstacles, betrayal and of course...a scandal!

There are an array of wonderful, warm and thoroughly delightful characters that you cant help but fall in love with and of course the scoundrels and villains that you love to hate!

I loved
Dinique Brooks
Apr 17, 2012 Dinique Brooks rated it liked it
I rather enjoyed this book. I don't often read historical fiction but I'm glad I chose this one.

The book was longer than I expected. And the pace was average. Perhaps it was a bit too slow at times. But that could be because of all the really short chapters. Counting the epilogue is 105, I believe.

But it was an entertaining story. No intrigue as far was wondering what would happen yet but nevertheless, it made you wish to continue. And for me, the important part was that I got a basic emotional
NayNay
Apr 24, 2012 NayNay rated it really liked it
Monica Miller's writing style flowed easily and pulled the reader along. The book was a bit long...but you never notice, you are so involved with the story and characters. The plot is filled with love and betrayal with alot of twist and turns. The characters are delightful and deceitful, but they are so likable.
THREADS OF BETRAYAL is filled with rich beauty and grace, which I will conclude, this is a must read. Every fan of romance and historical fiction will love this book.

I recieved THREADS OF
Nick Rossi
Aug 23, 2015 Nick Rossi rated it really liked it
Ok, I have to be real for a second. Historical Romance is not really my thing. I mean, I LOVED Gone with the Wind and I like Outlander well enough, but I sometimes find the genre a bit trite and heavily formulaic. However, reading Monica Miller's Threads of Betrayal has caused a semi-shift in my thinking towards the popular genre. Avoiding the jargon that comprises so much the Outlanders of the world, Miller presents a refreshing take on love, happenstance, and survival.

The novel finds Reagan Bu
SavageGrace
All I gotta say is: "Karma, Elizabeth, Karma..." I love Amanda and Reagan as a couple and felt only pity for Elizabeth - until she took advantage of his drunken state. Believing his marriage was falling or not, she GREATLY crossed the line, not simply for that but doing so to a married man. I feel evil for hoping even more misfortune comes her way - I'm only rooting for Amanda and Reagan!
Barb Henderson
May 14, 2012 Barb Henderson rated it liked it
Threads of Betrayal
This story being set in a previous time is filled with traditions and workings of this period.
The very detailed and intricate plot allows the reader to be swept up in the story.
Lori
Apr 01, 2012 Lori rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure....the author is a friend. I loved it! The ending had me wanting more!
Autumn Birt
Mar 20, 2013 Autumn Birt rated it liked it
From what I read of the description for this novel and its reviews, I was excited to start reading it. What was there not to be hopeful about? An historic romance set in the early days of the Civil War complete with a dashing and successful businessman, a beautiful and wealthy debutant, her parents that dislike the young man, and the promise of a myriad of problems inhibiting to their romance. It sounded like Pride and Prejudice meets Gone with the Wind. I was prepared to be riveted.

But I wasn’t
Pamela Beckford
Dec 27, 2015 Pamela Beckford rated it liked it
I was disappointed in this book. I was expecting historical fiction with romance - I felt like I read a romance just set in a different time. The historical piece was weak in my opinion and this book was entirely too long. I read many glowing reviews, I just don't agree and will not read any others.
Cheri
Jun 03, 2013 Cheri rated it did not like it
Add this to my "did not finish" pile. I got it as a freebie, and the reviews sounded good (c'mon, one reviewer called it Gone with the Wind crossed with Pride and Prejudice...I would have loved that!) unfortunately, nothing...and I mean nothing...happens in this book. For example, one entire early chapter is devoted to describing a character getting dressed. There is no tension, no intrigue, no mystery--no plot.
Judith Post
Jun 28, 2013 Judith Post rated it really liked it
Shelves:
I enjoy a book with a lot of twists and turns. This book had that and more--set at the beginning of the Civil War, slave traders menaced people, a villain deceived and blackmailed for ill-gotten gains, a romance bumped from one misadventure to the next, and a lumberman struggled with his conscience and lots of lust. This book had a little bit of everything--sometimes a tad too much--but it all made for a fun read!
Rosa
Oct 19, 2014 Rosa rated it liked it
A lot of mixed feelings. The story was too long, it had too many twists and turns. Reagan seemed so selfish and spoiled. He did seem to grow up towards the end.
Peggy Geiger
Peggy Geiger marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Shanda Kerschner
Shanda Kerschner rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Kim Otis
Kim Otis marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Baker Kindle
Baker Kindle marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Trisha
Trisha added it
Jan 24, 2016
Kays
Kays marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Isabelle
Isabelle marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Marcie Ann Brown
Marcie Ann Brown rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

“I believe in Individualism. Find out what makes you unique and develop it. Don't run with the herd. Set yourself apart so you can stand out.” 1 likes