Start by marking “The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9)

The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  14,573 ratings  ·  976 reviews
Possessed by the demon of Promiscuity, immortal warrior Paris is irresistibly seductive—but his potent allure comes at a terrible price. Every night he must bed someone new, or weaken and die. And the woman he craves above all others is the one woman he'd thought was forever beyond his reach…until now.

Newly possessed by the demon of Wrath, Sienna Blackstone is racked by a...more
ebook, pdb, 1982 pages
Published February 28th 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkest Seduction

Ren
More than 5 stars and Top Read 2012.

Another must read for Lords of The Underworld fans. And for you who dying to read Paris's story. Wonder if he finally find his ladylove that manage to make his hard twice, but then die and Cronus ressurect and make her Keeper of Wrath, Sienna Blackstone. And being faithful. Commitment and Paris. Two words that against each other.

Gena put S to SUPERB and this book is epic. With capital E. Once again she prove the reasons why she will always be my favorite autho...more
Exina
Sept 29, 2014

Third re-read, still epic!

May 27, 2012
As for me, “The Darkest Seduction” is one of the best books of 2012.

The Darkest Seduction is filled with emotions, surprises and hope.

Paris and Sienna’s love is so heartwarming, the chemistry and intimacy between them is overwhelming. Sienna deserves Paris’ adoration and respect; and Sienna’s tolerance and devotion for him is a balm for Paris’ tortured soul. They are perfect for each other.

I was thrilled about the twists and turns. Stunning f...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Let me start out by saying that I am a huge, huge fan of the Lords of the Underworld series. And like everyone else, I have been anxiously awaiting the story that would give poor Paris his HEA. This book gave me all the things I wanted –and even worked in some amazing surprises—but it didn’t quite live up to its potential for me.

The biggest problem is simply that the book is bloated. It's too long and stuffed with too much stuff. I was excited when I first saw how thick it was, but it was actual...more
valee
While I really liked it, I wasn't crazy about it. It had mayor pros and cons against the previous installments.

Pros:
-The plot was better built. Everything finally came to an end. No more suspense, no more inclusiveness, for once everything ended just as it had to end. You just feel like every word you're reading will take you somewhere important eventually. Nothing was left in the loose with this read.. Which I'm glad because with some of the previous installments I felt like the author took so...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Dinjolina
If Sienna is not his chosen one I am going to scream my head off.
Not because I really care or don't care about her-I only care about the fact that this author made me go trough 7 books worth of Paris related angst.
If the author plops in a new heroine just for him it will mostly prove her to not be a very good writer. She can call it 'visions while writing the book that change EVERYTHING' but I call it lame.
Mimi Smith

this book had a slow start for me, but it picked up on the way. Paris and Sienna's story started a while ago, so my expectations were high, and I liked it a lot. I even liked the slew of other stories and much is resolved here. If you want to see the major parts of the story, read on...

Mimi's DS shopping list

1. Paris and Sienna I had a problem with them at first, with their constant yearning for each other, after a few days' worth of quality time, most of it spent hating/lusting/trying...more
Melanie

Paris and Sienna's story has been a long time coming and while I've always been rather ambivalent towards the Keeper of Promiscuity, I was still interested in how Showalter would pull off a HEA for the Lord who needs one-night stands in order to survive. Now that I've read 'The Darkest Seduction' I can say that while I did (for the most part) like it, it wasn't (IMO at least) Showalter's best work.

What I liked:
1. I really like how Showalter gave us updates and insights into what's goin...more
Katie(babs)
Gena brought her "A" game to this one. It's the best one in this series. I adored Paris and how he treats Sienna. Also one big storyline that has been current throughout is tied up.

I may have missed this but I don't understand why Paris can stay faithful to Sienna. His demon makes his body respond to other women because she needs sex, but why is Sienna so special? She also came into her own here and kicks some major demon booty.

And the loves scenes between Paris and Sienna are smoking hot to the...more
Nicole
This was really a great addition to the Lords of the underworld series. To be honest, I wasn't all that excited about Paris's story. Maybe it was dragged out a bit to much, but it turned out to be really enjoyable. Sexy as always!

I couldn't decide who made a better Paris so let me know which one should make it to theDeliciously Sexy Book Boyfriends page.

To see the pictures and Vote on Paris go to
Cas
Paris and Sienna's story as been the most awaited for all LOTU fans. Not for me. Paris never really interested me. *shrugs* That being said, I still needed to read this book cause, I'm a huge LOTU fan!

And I have to say, the book was great but, Paris/Sienna's part weren't that amazing. Least favorite HEA story in the series for me. During the whole read, I was more interested on what was going on AROUND them and not them in general.

Things I Didn't Like
1. Paris was a damn wimp and cry baby. His d...more
Christina
Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
Best Book Ever !!!!

We have all waited so much for Paris's story and finally here it is.The ninth book of The Lords Of The Underworld is finally out and waiting.
The Keeper of Promiscuity may have messed around for thousands of years but now has come the time to settle down.Literally.Paris finds Sienna and together they escape from the castle Cronus held her.Apparenty Sienna is a key to win the war between Galen,Cronus and the gorgeous Lords.He who has her is the winner.Guess who might that be??...more
Anita
It took me awhile, but I managed to finish reading this book. First off, I lost interest in Paris and Sienna a long time ago and I spot read many of their scenes/dialogue. I began to wonder if the LOTU would sustain through the end, but after reading Sabin's story, I was skeptical. Then came along Gideon, Amun and Strider's stories. Very disappointing, but I had my answer.

I do love the Lords, but for me, this series has gotten too juvenile. These Lords are supposed to be THE BAD ASSES of the wo...more
Neyra ♦
I just recently finished reading the book! ^_^ I'm so happy with the end results. And seriously... what is everyone's problem with Sienna? If you could accept Haidee who had KILLED Baden and done more damage to the Lords... Why the hell not Sienna?? She'd done NOTHING!!

Anyway.... The book's mostly about Paris & Sienna finding their HEA, and the Lord of Sex DOESN'T DISAPPOINT! The sex scenes were awesome. Everything he went through to find her, and to find out he'd birthed evil inside him, d...more
Ronda  Tutt
Brilliant, Creative, and Mind Blowing!

Absolutely Fantastic! I mean just WOW! I know I can't say enough to tell everyone what a great series Gena Showalter has woven. Paris story is astounding in the fact that this lord of sex who gives nothing but shattering pleasure to everyone he pleases finally finds his one true mate Sienna. It is kind of sad he will no longer be our sexy playboy but sweet that he found that special person to calm and sate his demon.

So many things happen in this story, sure...more
Monica
WOWZA. What a great book!!!

Ladies, meet your Paris:

Yup, COLLECTIVE SIGH.

I think that just by saying that he was the keeper of SEX says it all right?

Paris was...

I don't really have words to describe this man's hotness, awesomeness and everything else.

Moving on, there's Sienna. She was ok, I guess. It's not like I hate her, but she's definetly not one of my most favorite characters EVER written by Gena Showalter.

Anyway,one thing you can be sure about is the "hot loving",if you know what I mean....more
Lissa D'Angelo
Zeek
One of the story arches in this series I was (and am- hello Torin!) most looking forward too, I have to say, I wasn’t disappointed! Paris, the Keeper of the Demon of Sex’s torturous search for the woman who became his obsession, finally comes to an end and the lady in question, Sienna, surprisingly turns into a solid female lead. (Was never quite sure if she was strong enough to handle the anxty love story the author set up for these two, but thankfully all the build up before their book allowed...more
Esra
Gena yine bekleneni vermiş ve harika birkitap ortaya çıkarmış.İnanılmaz olaylar yaşanıyor.Ayrıca gena bir sonraki kitabı bağlamakta o kadar usta ki bundan sonra gelecek olan kane'in kitabını şimdiden içim kıpır kıpır bekliyorum :D
Paris sex'in lordunu barındıran savaşçımız. elbette oldukça fazla haşna fişne bekleyebilirsiniz ama beni şaşırtan o ki paris sadece sienna'sıyla birlikte olmaya karar verdiğinden o kadarda çok sahne (hatta farklı diyeyim :D ben paristen değişik şeyler beklerdim :P ) yo...more
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
Finally Paris' book...the one we've all been waiting for ~ the one I've been waiting for what seems like forever! And if you didn't know what's going on with Paris, he has been pining after Sienna, former Hunter now dead person inhabited by the demon Wrath and held hostage by Cronus.

Poor Paris has been such a mess trying to fight his feelings by not having sex and instead getting drunk off ambrosia and then killing everything in sight. I'm just going to come out and say that I'm disappointed....more
Crista
This is the one I've been waiting not-so-patiently for. I've gotten behind on these books, but couldn't wait to read Paris's book. This was probably a mistake, as there were parts of this story where I was completely lost.

Overall, I couldn't have asked for more out of Paris and Sienna's story. As this book begins, both are obsessed with one another and regret how things left off between them. After Paris finds Sienna, the pages that follow are some of the hottest that I've read. I should've expe...more
Carla Soares
Embora os últimos dois livros desta série já me tivessem convencido de que era altura de parar de lê-la, há algum tempo que o livro sobre Paris vinha sendo "prometido" e tinha de facto vontade de lê-lo. Para mais, havia tanto a decorrer, com os Hunters, Cronus e Galen, que quis saber que caminho tomava isto. Infelizmente, servu apenas para confirmar que já chega. Foi o primeiro da série em que saltei páginas para chegar mais depressa ao fim.
A história central divide demasiado o seu espaço com a...more
Hanife
Jan 09, 2013 Hanife marked it as considering-to-read  ·  review of another edition
HEA'yı garantilemek için kızı öldürdün değil mi Gena? Yalnız utanmadan birde oğlanı yedi kitap daha süründürmüşsün. Ayıptır, ayıp.
Hbeebti
Absolutely loved it! Cant wait for Kane's book.
Lynsey A
After an eternity of waiting we finally get to read Paris and Sienna's story and boy does it deliver! You know how sometimes, that one story you have been waiting for just falls flat? This one does not do that. I enjoyed every word of this story. It ended in a great way and ended in quite a surprise actually. I was very well pleased with the ending.

Oh, how do I love William? Let me count the ways. There is no end to the delight he brings to me as a reader. His interaction with the Lords of the U...more
Filipa
3,5 stars

I've been waiting for Paris' story a long time and when I finally have the opportunity to read it I guess I expected much more than this. The expectations were very high and the overall feeling is that something in this book is definitely missing.
Don't get me wrong - I'm happy because I finally got the chance to see Paris and Sienna together with their HEA but as I was reading the book I didn't feel any kind of intensity and I certainly don't think the book deserved its five hundred pa...more
Guilty Pleasures
This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Recommended Read

The long awaited story of Paris is finally here and it does not disappoint. Kane is still missing, William is some how saved, Ashlyn and Maddox are still expecting and of course Paris is still on the hunt for Sienna. When Paris learns that Sienna had tried to reach him but he was unable to see her, he becomes determined to find a way to get to her. It is through an encounter with a minor goddess named Viola, that he discovers the secret to se...more
Jessica Weissenburger
** Warning: Contains Spoilers **

There were many things that I liked about this story, but at the same time it's just taken such a huge step away from the first few books in the series that I kind of feel like it's just a never ending pile of drama.

My biggest issue with this book was the ending. Sienna kills Cronos and becomes Queen of the Titans. Total WTF moment for a few reasons: (1) Galen was originally supposed to kill Cronos and (2) Scarlet was also fated to kill Cronos and become Queen of...more
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
I don't even know where to start..I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER for the next Lords book and of course Paris (it also gets me one step closer to William's book which is the one I CANNOT wait for!!) Also, just to say that this series should be read in order to avoid spoilers!

Anyway back to this one. I don't do spoilers, hate them myself so here we go....

I LOVED The Darkest Seduction for many reasons. It was about Paris (yum), it had all the "brothers" in it (again YUM), it made me laugh (...more
What did you think of Paris's LONG-AWAITED story? 24 148 Nov 12, 2013 05:11PM
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Seduction (LOTU #9) 83 115 Sep 28, 2013 06:36PM
The Darkest Seduction!!! Cant believe its not until March 8 50 Oct 30, 2012 10:04AM
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12)
  • Enraptured (Eternal Guardians, #4)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)
  • Lord of the Abyss (Royal House of Shadows, #4)
  • The Guardian (Dream-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #6)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl...more
More about Gena Showalter...
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3) The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)

“Dangerous as a lightning strike, as lethal as a pair of crisscrossing short swords, William whispered, “You’re about to find out how your liver tastes, my friend.”

“I have tasted it already,” Zacharel said, his voice its usual monotone. The snowflakes began to fall in earnest, tiny at first, but growing in diameter. An arctic wind blustered around him. “It was a bit salty.”

How the hell was a guy supposed to respond to that?

Apparently William didn’t know, either, because he gaped at the angel. Then, “Maybe if you added a little pepper?”

O-kay. It was official. William had an answer for everything.”
91 likes
“By the way, only a real man can accept his feminine side."
"I don't know who fed you that line of garbage, but I can promise she's laughing at you right now.”
71 likes