Start by marking “Aliens, Smith and Jones” as Want to Read:
Aliens, Smith and Jones

Aliens, Smith and Jones

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  108 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Connor Smith works for Primrose, an organization tasked with monitoring and tracking aliens and alien technology. It's a job that doesn't know the meaning of "nine-to-five". It also doesn't leave much room for a social life, a complication that Connor hasn't minded, until now. At the prodding of his best friend, Connor reluctantly puts himself back in the dating pool, even ...more
Published July 20th 2012 by Storm Moon Press (first published July 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Aliens, Smith and Jones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aliens, Smith and Jones

My Fair Captain by J.L. LangleyDark Space by Lisa HenryThe Englor Affair by J.L. LangleyGravitational Attraction by Angel MartinezEvenfall by Santino Hassell
Best Gay Science Fiction Romance
109th out of 318 books — 548 voters
Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
359th out of 617 books — 1,449 voters

More lists with this book...

julio
Jul 07, 2014 julio rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
annoyances started piling up, and then it was just a matter of time before i grew too irritated to continue.

it's a pity. some good elements here, but i have a vile temper and zero tolerance for books who posit that a hundred year old men-in-black style agency would employ a man dumb enough to suspect that an alien disguised as a bookseller and living peacefully on our planet since the 17th century was the vanguard of a super-crafty invasion.

because, you know, after nearly four hundred years, e.t
Mandapanda
Jul 22, 2012 Mandapanda rated it liked it
Shelves: various-romance
Interesting Scifi novel about an organisation that monitors alien life on Earth. The story follows Connor, an operative of the organisation, who has been suffering blackouts possibly caused by an alien attack. Connor's superiors stop at nothing to find the cause of his attacks. When they bring in the perpetrator, Noah, a strange tale emerges of Noah's history and his connection with Connor.

Some things didn't really gel for me in this story. Firstly describing Noah's true state as being like 'fl
Eepa *mm loving bookworm*
What a great book! Very well paced story with good action scenes and then more sedate, life-will-go-on episodes where we get to see the MCs in their everyday lives. Makes the story line that much more believable, when there is actually time where investigation takes place so that we have a reason for the next action scene. It all unfolds without a hurry and even has some setbacks so not everything is given on a golden plate. I do appreciate it when the MCs' have to actually do something in order ...more
SueM
I really enjoyed this story of Connor, an agent working for Primrose (an intelligence agency created to investigate and control all things alien) and Noah, a long-stranded alien whose life energy connects unwittingly to Connor's. While this is only the second book I have read from this author, it is obvious that her writing has matured with time. The story is evenly paced and the characters are, for the most part well-rounded. While it was glaringly obvious who one of the "bad guys" was - and I ...more
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

Connor is an agent of Primrose and the PA of a well-known lieutenant within the organization. He's worked hard at his job, doing detective work in the office and field finding aliens and alien artifacts, and the fact that he was handpicked for his job and works well with his very picky boss shows how well regarded he is by his colleagues. He works strange hours, just like regular detectives, which leaves little time for a love life. His best friend
Lamar54
Sep 24, 2012 Lamar54 rated it it was ok
Not very original, predictable, and some what loosely written. With that said, I would have given the story three stars, except for the science Noah used when he completed his transformation to human.

First, dermis is a term first use in the 19th century, which is several hundred years later than when Noah did his transformation. Next, Van Leeuwenhoek did not publish his work with the microscope until 1673(c). At that time merely discussing the size & shape of the body's cells was a big deal.
Jenre
Aug 23, 2012 Jenre rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance, sci-fi
I've read an enjoyed a couple of short stories by this author and was keen to see how she wrote over a longer book. It seems like ages since I've read a science fiction story too, so I was looking forward to this one.

The story follows Connor who works as an agent for 'Primrose' an agency who monitors and polices alien activity. He's has a couple of funny 'episodes' where he feels a strange tingling sensation and almost blacks out, but puts it down to stress at work. Through a friend and work col
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
Jul 22, 2012 Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action, mystery, aliens
4 1/2 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Conner works for a company that secretly investigates anything alien, making sure alien artifacts don’t fall into the wrong hands. But, just recently somebody is getting to the artifacts before they can. On top of that worry, Conner seems to have gained a stalker who he has a very strange connection with, is it friend or foe? Noah has managed to stay under Primrose’s radar since the company came into being
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
3.5 Stars

Connor is an agent with Primrose. A secret agency in charge of all things aliens. He’s currently trying to find out who keeps stealing alien artifacts. Those things in the wrong hands are incredibly scary. His job doesn’t allow for time for any real relationships to develop. So his best friend tricks him into a meeting guy named Jason. Jason is gorgeous and funny. Connor is a little surprised someone like Jason is so interested in him. Especially after all the cancellations he has to ma
Matthew
Jun 23, 2013 Matthew rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I can't say I didn't like this book. I read it in a day and it went along quickly, but I never connected with it that much. The sex scenes, relatively infrequent, were pretty good, but not great. The plot line was well developed with interesting characters, although I found the ending a little overly sad given the light tone of the book. The idea of the aliens and Primrose was interesting, but not really original or well-developed... it wasn't a world that caught my attention. I found Connor Smi ...more
Riina Y.T.
Feb 11, 2015 Riina Y.T. rated it really liked it
Shelves: charming, aliens
This was actually pretty fun! Engaging. Lovely cast! I'd totally read more about Smith & Jones :)
Elisa Rolle
Oct 26, 2015 Elisa Rolle rated it it was amazing
2012 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Nanny Ogg
Doctor Who references everywhere!
Kadee
I had a hard time getting through this one. It was just slow and at times it felt like pulling teeth to get to the next chapter. Dense, I guess is a good word. The narrative felt really dense.

Some of my rating is as a result (view spoiler)
Alex
Dec 07, 2012 Alex rated it really liked it
Overall
An enjoyable romance/mystery with a bit of sci-fi thrown in. Some fun and interesting characters, some twists I wasn’t expecting, but some of the mystery in the mystery plot was not too mysterious.

Review
Noah and Connor are good leading men. They are decent guys who aren't perfect, they have a good chemistry (alien biology aside!), and you want them to have a happy ending. They are also surrounded by various other types of characters, which keeps interactions fresh and lets Arden show diff
Victoria Zagar
Mar 12, 2013 Victoria Zagar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

Noah is an alien who became trapped on Earth in the 1600s. Feeling a connection to a human for the first time in hundreds of years, he seeks out the man, only to find Connor is an agent for Primrose, an alien-tracking agency. Worse than that, Connor is already happy with a boyfriend at his side. But the link is something not easily broken. Will fate pull them together or will their special link fall by the wayside?

I'm a huge fan of the X-Files and had a time in my life where I was prac
Holly
Mar 18, 2013 Holly rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars but I had enough fun with it to round it up to 4.

OK. I have *no* idea why this is on the Lesser Known list, because it's; a pretty good book! The characters are likable, the plot is engrossing, there's suspense and action and a very sweet relationship at the core. It really needs to be more widely read! I've read books that were no where NEAR as good yet have tons of ratings. So read this! Get it better known! :)

Anyway. The book. It's a bit like a sprinkle of Torchwood, another sprink
A
Nov 16, 2012 A rated it really liked it
Connor Smith is just an ordinary guy with an uninteresting life and a boring job. At least this is what it would seem to the outside observer. In truth, he works as an agent for a top-secret company called Primrose, and his job is anything but boring. He monitors and tracks aliens and alien technology, and he’s good at it. Lately, he’s been spending his days searching for missing aliens and trying to track down missing artifacts that continue to elude them. His job is crazy, a little bit dangero ...more
ReviewerLarissa
Mar 15, 2013 ReviewerLarissa rated it really liked it
**Review for Rarely Dusty Books**

It’s no secret that I enjoy books by this author and I couldn’t wait to pick this one up. My only regret is that the review is very very late. *hangs head in shame*

Aliens, Smith & Jones is a step away from the fantasy that we’re used to from this author, but it’s certainly not less than any of her previous books. Aliens, Smith & Jones is a thrilling read with exquisite attention to detail and a well developed plot.

It would be a shame to give away
Kukko
If I had to be an alien, I would want to be like Noah - he is truly immortal, able to travel the universe, visiting planets and taking on any shape or form he desires, and he has the ability to record all his experiences.

This is a clever, but at times frustrating, MM romance between Noah (the alien) and Connor, a personal assistant and field operative for an agency that manages alien activity on earth.

At the beginning of the book, several significant events took place and because these Events w
Ayanna
Sep 10, 2015 Ayanna rated it really liked it
This was quite weird. I still don't quite understand the transformation thing and I'm not entirely certain if it's because it really was that esoteric or that I just didn't real carefully enough.

I didn't like that some of the things implied earlier on seemed to have been ignored so the author could declare it an HEA. There was also a point where it started to seem like it was dragging on and on (and on and on).

Yeah. I liked it, I think.

It really was MIB, though. The whole "Primrose" thing. Some
Alison
Having read some of Blaine D. Arden's other tales, this one seemed a much more dry read than they were. I was a little disappointed by this story. It had a great deal of possibility, an interesting plot and storyline, and an original character in the way of Noah. I found Noah to be well written in that his experience were believable, even down to why he chose "Noah" for a name.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into the story. The start was intriguing, and the way Connor and Noah first meet is v
Tamela
I loved Noah and felt so bad for him, stranded and so alone. Connor was a lucky chance though it was a rough road getting together.

The fact that the bad guy turns out to be someone Connor is seeing is one of my nightmare scenario's. How awful to put your trust in someone and be so betrayed.

Luckily Connor is strong enough to enable the connect between himself and Noah have it become something special and useful... not just painful or awkward.

I enjoyed the likeness to Men in Black, even if it didn
Megan
Apr 04, 2014 Megan added it
Ravon Silvius
Aug 22, 2012 Ravon Silvius rated it really liked it
I liked this a lot. The set up was interesting, and all of the characters were well fleshed out. I absolutely loved Noah especially-there's something about a lonely, stoic character that really gets to me.

The ending, though, kept this from being five stars. I would have liked to see more of how Noah and Connor's relationship developed, which felt rather cursory for a romance novel. I was expecting more at the end, but their relationship felt a bit understated. Also, I really didn't see a need f
Claudia Luis
May 02, 2015 Claudia Luis rated it it was ok
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
So this was a different sci-fi book. For once the "alien" isn't thought of as an automatic science project. I did love that factor in the book. I enjoyed seeing the descriptions of the different aliens. The characters were interesting and overall the story was well written. I did have a few niggles with the science history accuracy. I thought the bad guy was a bit too obvious. Even given this it was an enjoyable read.
Patricia Lynne
May 03, 2013 Patricia Lynne rated it it was amazing
The beginning was slow and steady, but about 1/3 the story really picked up and couldn't put it down. I would have liked to learned a little more about Primrose. They were a secret agency, but there were a few times it didn't seem like humanity was unaware of aliens like I thought. The suspense was great and I found myself on the edge of my seat even during non-action sequences. Overall, a great, sci-fi read.
Lily
This was an enjoyable story although I did have a couple of problems with it. (view spoiler)
Susinok
Feb 20, 2016 Susinok rated it really liked it
Good science fiction story with a bit of everything. An alien abduction (a few in fact) but not what you think, a psychic connection with said alien, and alien artifact heists. I had fun reading this book. It was an interesting world.
  • Changing Worlds (Worlds, #2)
  • All Wrapped Up
  • Sub Zero (An ESTO Universe Novel)
  • Fragile Bond
  • Incursion
  • Circuit Theory
  • The Ronin and the Fox
  • Santuario (Santuario, #1)
  • When I Fall (An Uncommon Whore, #2)
  • Knight Errant (Knight Errant, #1)
  • Making Ends Meet
  • Finding King (The Breaker, #1)
  • The Experiment  (Saving Caeorleia, #1)
  • Kidnapped (The Infinitum Government, #1)
  • 18% Gray (Task Force Iota, #1)
  • The Trust
  • Line and Orbit (Root Code, #1)
  • Freedom
Blaine D. Arden is a purple-haired, forty-something author of queer romance mixed with fantasy, mystery, and magic who sings her way through life in platform boots.

Born and raised in Zutphen, the Netherlands, Blaine spent many hours of her sheltered youth reading, day dreaming, making up stories and acting them out with her Barbies. After seeing the film “An Early Frost” as a teen in the mid-eight
More about Blaine D. Arden...