Start by marking “Basket of Hope” as Want to Read:
Basket of Hope

Basket of Hope

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Kara harbors a secret love for Machias, but he must choose someone other than a scullery maid as a wife.

All Hallows Eve looms near, and encroaching evil shall have its way if a marriage filled with true love and pure magic does not take place. Machias must choose a witch, something Kara never hopes to be.

Machias's father will do anything to ensure his son chooses wisely—li
ebook
Published July 22nd 2011 by Breathless Press Publishing (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Basket of Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Basket of Hope

C.E. Hart
This was a fabulous read! I was easily caught up in this paranormal historical romance. Each page drew me closer and closer to Kara and Machias, and held me captivated to the end.

Although I’ve read other romances containing a distressed girl pining for a man she can’t have, Basket of Hope isn’t your run-of-the-mill story. It is loaded with interesting twists, and fabulous imagery that draws you in and keeps you invested. A story that can do that is truly unique. (Unique is what paranormal is sup
Habrewer
Basket of Hope by JM Powers
* I received a copy of this book from Breathless Press in exchange for an honest review*

When Kara’s mother is a Hag and hated by most of the townspeople. When the Hag tried to trade Kara to the local tavern owner for a fortnight’s worth of ale, she ran away. She was found outside the castle gates by Machias, who snuck her some food and begged his mother to find her something to do at the castle.

Growing up at the castle, Kara has waited for Machias to come home from hi
The Pen & Muse
Light historical romance with a fantasy twist. The heroine is sweetly clueless, the hero is typically hot and the story filled with naughty encounters. The author has an easy style of writing that makes for seamless reading. No raspberries here!
Maggie Worth
Shades of Ever After with a little extra sizzle. Quick, easy read with some funny, funny lines! Disclaimer: this author is now one of my blog partners, though she wasn't when I read the book.
J.M. Powers
Jul 28, 2012 J.M. Powers added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I loved writing this sweet romance.
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Ishabelle Torry
Ishabelle Torry marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Liz Davis
Liz Davis marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2012
J.M. Powers
May 22, 2012 J.M. Powers added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
J.M.Powers (Jeannie) lives on an island in upstate New York where she tolerates the harsh winters and relishes rare sunny days. As a mother of five, she’s proficient at gluten-free cooking, embarrassing antics, and juggling time between work, play and writing. Though days can be hectic, and her schedule is full, Jeannie’s family is her everything—and life is good.

*This author has no affiliation wi
More about J.M. Powers...
Jewel of Ramstone (Ramstone Series Book One) Timeless Valentine (Magic Stone #2) Stolen Time (Magic Stone, #3) For All Time (Magic Stone #1) Jewel Of Ramstone