Start by marking “Crimson Ecliptic, The (The Black, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crimson Ecliptic, The (The Black, #1)

Crimson Ecliptic, The (The Black #1)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The Crimson Ecliptic is the first novel in The Black Series by Ben Coran. A lightning bolt shot across the sky making him appear at her side as if he were borne from the darkness. Ares has the kind of life most people long for. However, he hasn't yet fulfilled his one desire in life: to become an untraceable serial killer. When he begins committing murders, he suddenly unl ...more
Paperback, First, 372 pages
Published April 10th 2012 by Tate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Crimson Ecliptic, The, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crimson Ecliptic, The

Anne Cox
A colleague of mine recommended this book to me. I love to read and especially love the mystery genre. I have read a lot of books and was pleasantly surprised to find a book that truly made me want to keep reading, I couldn't put it down. It caught my interest from the first page. There were so many things that kept me guessing until the very end. The author made you feel like you were right there, like you were part of this journey that the killer was on. You love and hate the characters in the ...more
Trisha
I love, love, love murder mystery's & this one is most definately on the top of my list! As I was reading, I just couldn't help but think of all the research, time & effort that went into this. There is so much detail! It's a book that keeps you on your toes & after finishing one chapter, wanting just one more, then one more, etc...until you've been up all night reading! Can't wait for the next one. Ben definately nailed this!
Nicole
Just finished reading the Crimson Ecliptic – I loved it! Great thrill ride that takes you through the mind of a serial killer. Ben kept me interested from beginning to end and even better – kept me guessing! This book is a must read! I look forward to reading more from Ben Coran
Meg Orton
This book was a very fascinating read. I loved the fact that you could have a serial killer thriller that is graphic, yet not over the top, with no swearing for filler words. This book is very intriguing in the event that you are not only living and seeing the crimes the killers mind, but you are also trying to see the crime through the FBI's eyes too. As the book goes on, the murders become more passionate, thrilling and intense. The violence and controlled madness in Ares slowly devolve into h ...more
James
Apr 10, 2012 James rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
This is the best murder mystery novel I have ever read. The accuracy and attention to detail is amazing. I love how the author pays such attention to details most authors would just make up. I actually had fun googling parts of this book to check for accuracy and was shocked that such a great read would also be so accurate! The book read very fast and I immediately began reading again to catch more details that I missed.
I love that the author told the story without unnecessary language and kept
Tami
Jan 17, 2014 Tami marked it as to-read
Haven't received my copy yet, just received notice I had won. 8/15/13
Still haven't received my copy. Hopefully it has just been delayed. 12/3/13
Still no book but I sent the giver a message. 1/17/14
Michelle Khzouz
Thank you Goodreads for the First Reads copy! Incredible thrilling page turner!!! Several pages in and I was hooked wondering how this story would end. I can't wait for the next book. Enjoy:)
Maria Mitchell
I won this book on Goodreads First Reads and I still have not received my copy in the mail.
Maxine Owen
Ben Coran takes the reader on a journey that is both exciting and a bit frightening. There are moments in The Crimson Ecliptic that the reader is holding his/her breath.
Anyone who loves the show Criminal Minds will love this book as well. There is never a dull moment. The energy extends throughout the entire book.
You will find yourself entering the mind of a serial killer. This brings you closer to the action than you ever thought possible.
I found this book to be completely fascinating and di
Cat
I enjoyed the pace of the story and some of the main character building. For whatever reason I didn't LOVE this book but especially towards the end it had me eager to turn the next page. I especially enjoyed both the pace and the unfolding of the story towards the end.
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Kyleta
Kyleta marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Kalin Barnes
Kalin Barnes marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Stormy Reading Books
Stormy Reading Books marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Luisa Gonzalez
Luisa Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Aurora Dimitre
Aurora Dimitre marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Deb Yancey
Deb Yancey marked it as to-read
Ian
Ian marked it as to-read
Venus Smurf
Venus Smurf marked it as to-read
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Francesca
Francesca marked it as to-read
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Leigh
Leigh marked it as to-read
Maddie
Maddie marked it as to-read
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Beast Within (Beasty, #1)
  • The Satyr's Curse (The Satyr's Curse #1)
  • Guardian (Guardian, #1)
  • The Dark Fae (The World of Fae, #1)
  • 31 Days to Life
  • A Familiar Shore
  • Dark Tidings (Ancient magic meets the Internet #1)
  • Eirelan
  • Girl in the Middle
  • Sedition (Sedition, #1)
  • Complication
  • Rose Painted Waters
  • The Prize in the Game (Tir Tanagiri #3)
  • Witches Enchantment
  • The Mammoth Book of Unsolved Crime: The Biggest and Best Collection of Unsolved Murder and Mystery Cases
  • The Complete Philadelphia Series: Books 1-3 (Philadelphia, #1-3)
  • Fireshaper's Doom (David Sullivan, #2)
  • Hope
Ben Coran is a writer and journalist and has been published in numerous newspapers and magazines. Ben has a degree in Psychology and has researched serial crime both academically and through interviews with real convicted killers and the incredible men and women in law enforcement who catch them.

Having never considered writing, it was a complete surprise when the main character in the first nove
More about Ben Coran...