Start by marking “Crimson Ecliptic, The (The Black, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crimson Ecliptic, The (The Black, #1)

Crimson Ecliptic, The (The Black #1)

The Crimson Ecliptic is the first novel in The Black Series by Ben Coran. A lightning bolt shot across the sky making him appear at her side as if he were borne from the darkness. Ares has the kind of life most people long for. However, he hasn't yet fulfilled his one desire in life: to become an untraceable serial killer. When he begins committing murders, he suddenly unl ...more
Paperback, First, 372 pages
Published April 10th 2012 by Tate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Crimson Ecliptic, The, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crimson Ecliptic, The

Anne Cox
Mar 26, 2012 Anne Cox rated it it was amazing
A colleague of mine recommended this book to me. I love to read and especially love the mystery genre. I have read a lot of books and was pleasantly surprised to find a book that truly made me want to keep reading, I couldn't put it down. It caught my interest from the first page. There were so many things that kept me guessing until the very end. The author made you feel like you were right there, like you were part of this journey that the killer was on. You love and hate the characters in the ...more
Trisha
Mar 28, 2012 Trisha rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love murder mystery's & this one is most definately on the top of my list! As I was reading, I just couldn't help but think of all the research, time & effort that went into this. There is so much detail! It's a book that keeps you on your toes & after finishing one chapter, wanting just one more, then one more, etc...until you've been up all night reading! Can't wait for the next one. Ben definately nailed this!
Nicole
Mar 22, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading the Crimson Ecliptic – I loved it! Great thrill ride that takes you through the mind of a serial killer. Ben kept me interested from beginning to end and even better – kept me guessing! This book is a must read! I look forward to reading more from Ben Coran
Meg Orton
Apr 05, 2012 Meg Orton rated it it was amazing
This book was a very fascinating read. I loved the fact that you could have a serial killer thriller that is graphic, yet not over the top, with no swearing for filler words. This book is very intriguing in the event that you are not only living and seeing the crimes the killers mind, but you are also trying to see the crime through the FBI's eyes too. As the book goes on, the murders become more passionate, thrilling and intense. The violence and controlled madness in Ares slowly devolve into h ...more
James
Apr 10, 2012 James rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
This is the best murder mystery novel I have ever read. The accuracy and attention to detail is amazing. I love how the author pays such attention to details most authors would just make up. I actually had fun googling parts of this book to check for accuracy and was shocked that such a great read would also be so accurate! The book read very fast and I immediately began reading again to catch more details that I missed.
I love that the author told the story without unnecessary language and kept
Michelle Khzouz
May 24, 2012 Michelle Khzouz rated it it was amazing
Thank you Goodreads for the First Reads copy! Incredible thrilling page turner!!! Several pages in and I was hooked wondering how this story would end. I can't wait for the next book. Enjoy:)
Maria Mitchell
I won this book on Goodreads First Reads and I still have not received my copy in the mail.
Maxine Owen
Jun 04, 2012 Maxine Owen rated it it was amazing
Ben Coran takes the reader on a journey that is both exciting and a bit frightening. There are moments in The Crimson Ecliptic that the reader is holding his/her breath.
Anyone who loves the show Criminal Minds will love this book as well. There is never a dull moment. The energy extends throughout the entire book.
You will find yourself entering the mind of a serial killer. This brings you closer to the action than you ever thought possible.
I found this book to be completely fascinating and di
Cat
Jul 10, 2013 Cat rated it liked it
I enjoyed the pace of the story and some of the main character building. For whatever reason I didn't LOVE this book but especially towards the end it had me eager to turn the next page. I especially enjoyed both the pace and the unfolding of the story towards the end.
Ben Coran
Mar 17, 2012 Ben Coran rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Chuck
Chuck rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2012
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
May 15, 2012
Eb
Eb rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2012
Kara Prestridge
Kara Prestridge rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it it was ok
Sydney
Sydney rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2013
Sonja
Sonja rated it did not like it
Aug 15, 2013
Nola
Nola rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2012
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Melissa ownsbey
Melissa ownsbey marked it as to-read
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jennifer beck
Jennifer beck marked it as to-read
Sylvie
Sylvie marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Lorian Jones
Lorian Jones marked it as to-read
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Heather Bridson
Heather Bridson marked it as to-read
Debora Webb
Debora Webb marked it as to-read
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Oriana
Oriana marked it as to-read
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Irene Menge
Irene Menge marked it as to-read
Dominique
Dominique marked it as to-read
Shahrun
Shahrun marked it as to-read
Kazimiera pendrey
Kazimiera pendrey marked it as to-read
Jenny Franklin
Jenny Franklin marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Mersadies
Mersadies marked it as to-read
Rose Cimarron
Rose Cimarron marked it as to-read
Charlotte Phillips
Charlotte Phillips marked it as to-read
Brei-ayn
Brei-ayn marked it as to-read
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2012
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2012
  • The Satyr's Curse (The Satyr's Curse #1)
  • Guardian (Guardian, #1)
  • 31 Days to Life
  • Beast Within (Beasty, #1)
  • A Familiar Shore
  • Sedition (Sedition, #1)
  • Last Will
  • Witches Enchantment
  • Fatal Philosophy
  • I Am Not a Psychic!: A Novel
  • Dark Tidings (Ancient magic meets the Internet #1)
  • Complication
  • No Remorse
  • The Prize in the Game (Tir Tanagiri #3)
  • Queen of Wolves (Queen of Wolves, #1)
  • Lucky Bastard
  • The Middle Eye (Penny Larkin, #1)
  • The Elder Effect
Ben Coran is a writer and journalist and has been published in numerous newspapers and magazines. Ben has a degree in Psychology and has researched serial crime both academically and through interviews with real convicted killers and the incredible men and women in law enforcement who catch them.

Having never considered writing, it was a complete surprise when the main character in the first nove
More about Ben Coran...