The King's Sword

The King's Sword

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Ronan Culley is just a blacksmith, or so he keeps telling himself. After being charged to make the King's Sword, he finds he must keep it from the dark forces of Sleagan and deliver it to the newly named King. Along with his apprentice and a healer who is more than what she seems, he embarks on a great journey that tests his determination and will, and makes him take a lon...more
Published January 21st 2012 by Sable Grey (first published January 1st 2006)

Sharon Michael
I found this very entertaining. A predictable plot, with the collection of unlikely heroes on a 'quest' to deliver the King's sword but the characterization was very good. The non-humans were reasonably unique and definitely individuals and while I suspect this may end up being a series, this particular storyline was nicely wrapped up at the end.

I reserve my 5-star ratings for books I feel sure I will be keeping to re-read and this is one of them. I will also definitely be looking at more by thi...more
Gunnar
This full-length epic fantasy novel is a pretty good read. Believable characters with clear motivations, nicely differentiated, a strong plotline, and some good writing carried me happily along, even though I figured out most of the surprises by the halfway point. The well-planned wrap-up leaves room for a sequel or more books within the author's universe, and I'll be happy to read them. Four solid stars.
Scot Kinnaman
Entertaining read over a couple of snowy days. Attractive characters are well drawn. Predictable plot that has the good guy winning. Dabbles in questions of morality and making choices in hard situations.
Ashley
This was a well written book with likable characters and a great twist at the end. Can't wait for more!
Teena
Enjoyed the story and characters. Would read more of this adventure if there is another out there
Alley
Alley marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Janice Meyn
Janice Meyn marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Jeri
Jeri marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Chris Quinn
Chris Quinn marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Tammy Brown
Tammy Brown marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
ShadowGirl818
ShadowGirl818 marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Lucie
Lucie marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Gwen Douglas
Gwen Douglas marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013