Start by marking “The King's Sword” as Want to Read:
The King's Sword

The King's Sword

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Republished as same title by author A.J. Searle in January, 2012/Sable Grey in 2006

Ronan Culley is just a blacksmith, or so he keeps telling himself. After being charged to make the King's Sword, he finds he must keep it from the dark forces of Sleagan and deliver it to the newly named King. Along with his apprentice and a healer who is more than what she seems, he embarks
Published January 21st 2012 by Sable Grey (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The King's Sword, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King's Sword

Sharon Michael
May 04, 2013 Sharon Michael rated it it was amazing
I found this very entertaining. A predictable plot, with the collection of unlikely heroes on a 'quest' to deliver the King's sword but the characterization was very good. The non-humans were reasonably unique and definitely individuals and while I suspect this may end up being a series, this particular storyline was nicely wrapped up at the end.

I reserve my 5-star ratings for books I feel sure I will be keeping to re-read and this is one of them. I will also definitely be looking at more by thi
books are love
Feb 28, 2015 books are love rated it really liked it
This was great. I love Ronan. He is a simple man just wanting to live a quiet life when he is thrust into an adventure and comes out a different man. Not personality wise but he is now more confident, caring, understanding and sees how he has isolated himself and that his dad isn’t the only one who hated people who were different.

Ronan is a strong and diverse character. He has a secret that he is shameful of because of his dad. He feels guilt over his mom but he is a very kind and compassionate
Heather Langston
Nov 14, 2014 Heather Langston rated it really liked it
This was a light, easy read that kept me interested until the end. Only thing I didn't like was that the end left me hanging just a tiny bit. Didn't quite answer a couple of questions but perhaps there will be another? Wouldn't mind another trip with Ronan and his crew!! Will be on the lookout for more from this author!

**Note** This review was originally posted on Amazon on 12/20/12 and the author did respond saying that a second book was in the works at that time. :)
Gunnar
Nov 13, 2013 Gunnar rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, kindle-lendable
This full-length epic fantasy novel is a pretty good read. Believable characters with clear motivations, nicely differentiated, a strong plotline, and some good writing carried me happily along, even though I figured out most of the surprises by the halfway point. The well-planned wrap-up leaves room for a sequel or more books within the author's universe, and I'll be happy to read them. Four solid stars.
Scot Kinnaman
Jan 07, 2014 Scot Kinnaman rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, e-book
Entertaining read over a couple of snowy days. Attractive characters are well drawn. Predictable plot that has the good guy winning. Dabbles in questions of morality and making choices in hard situations.
Daniel Ace
Nov 07, 2014 Daniel Ace rated it really liked it
This was a great fantasy. Very well-written story. No sign of a sequel but hoping for one.
Ashley
Mar 13, 2013 Ashley rated it it was amazing
This was a well written book with likable characters and a great twist at the end. Can't wait for more!
Teena
Nov 07, 2013 Teena rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the story and characters. Would read more of this adventure if there is another out there
Tricia Lenhart
Tricia Lenhart marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Puja
Puja marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Acop
Acop rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Elisabeth
Elisabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Anthony
Anthony rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Rachel Aunspaugh
Rachel Aunspaugh marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Naseer Alkhouri
Naseer Alkhouri marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Sean L
Sean L rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Lacy
Lacy marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Holly
Holly added it
Feb 11, 2016
MelMel
MelMel marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Stephanie Clarke
Stephanie Clarke marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Lobug
Lobug rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Renetta DeBoer
Renetta DeBoer marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 05, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
elvid
elvid marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • L'Envol du Dragon Rouge (Les Gardiens de Légendes, #1)
  • Brimstone (Earth, Air, Fire and Water , #1)
  • Amulet (DragonBlade #1)
  • Treespeaker (Treespeaker #1)
  • The Riddler's Gift (Tales of the Lifesong, #1)
  • The Last Goddess (The Shattered Messiah #1)
  • The Sable City (Norothian Cycle, #1)
  • After the Fire (After the Fire, #1)
  • Walker
  • Altdorf (The Forest Knights, #1)
  • Just Another Day
  • Kick (Jenkins Cycle, #1)
  • Draykon (Draykon, #1)
  • From Such Small Things
  • A Touch of Magic
  • From Embers (A Dragonswarm Short Story, #1)
  • Oracle's Legacy: Children of Sun (Book 1)
  • The Storm Glass
Sable Grey resides in the deep south of the United States with her wonderful husband, very spoiled dog, and three crazy cats. She spends her time researching her genealogy, designing cover art, watching movies, and reading.

With favorite authors like Stephen King, Piers Anthony, and Iris Johansen, it's no mystery where the inspiration to write tales of love, adventure, and mystery come from. An avi
More about Sable Grey...