Start by marking “Lament: A Restraint Novel (Restraint Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Lament: A Restraint Novel (Restraint Trilogy #2)

Lament: A Restraint Novel (Restraint Trilogy #2)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Stranded in a foreign land, two sisters, Linda and Laura are on a quest to regain their fortune and rebuild their once normal life. However, the past they fought so hard to flee has caught up with them and each must face the consequences of their actions. For Linda, the price may be too high. Something seeks her demise. (YA Fiction Novel, intended for ages 16 and up).

Aft
Published January 31st 2012 by Sandra Madera

To ask other readers questions about Lament, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lament

Nicole/Books Complete Me
Wow!! This book is better than the first! The first book, we saw everything through Laura's eyes. This time, we see through Linda's eyes. And boy, I was harsh on her in the first book!! Both sisters seem to be thinking the same things about themselves, but not realizing the other one is on that same track.

There's plenty of action and twists in Lament. Those who have read Restraint, will find that very little has happened between the books, since Lament starts where Restraint left off. I love th
Marta
I love this author! I read this book in one day. I couldn't stop! This book starts up where Restraint leaves off, but it is told from Linda's point of view. Reading the first one, I hated Linda. She was too superficial, but in this one, she is struggling with her identity and sanity. I loved the depth of character and the twists and turns of the plot. Recommend to anyone who likes Victorian era vampire novels.
Desi
Loved it! This one had more action, and it took off where the first one ended. I loved to see a different side of Linda's character. I love Phillip as the villain. He is cruel and toys with her which adds to the drama. I could feel her torment and was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Really great book.
Kristi Olson
Well, it wasn't horrible and it wasn't great. The writing wasn't smooth and the characters a little flat. I liked the covers in this series but I don't think I'll go after the third installment.
Josie
If you like the Victorian era, and classic vampires(Dracula), you may enjoy the Restraint Novels, Restraint and Lament. I loved reading them and look forward to her third one Malcontent.
Jodi McFarlane
Jodi McFarlane marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
JAMI KISER
JAMI KISER marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Sofia
Sofia is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2014
Traci Robinson
Traci Robinson marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Marie Robinson
Marie Robinson marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Chelsea Cason
Chelsea Cason marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2013
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2012
Ayaness
Ayaness marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2012
Susan Barden
Susan Barden marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2012
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
May 23, 2012
Tam Cooke
Tam Cooke marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2012
Sandra Madera currently resides in New York and is a recent college grad, obtaining her bachelor's degree in science. However, her true passion has always been reading and writing. She has been writing short stories since she was a child. She recently published her first full-length YA novel entitled Restraint. For free YA short story downloads and for information on upcoming novels visit www.sand ...more
More about Sandra Madera...
Weeping Willow - Part One (Weeping Willow Stories #1) Weeping Willow - Part Two (Weeping Willow Stories #2) Sangre Falls Overboard Restraint: A Novel (Restraint Trilogy #1)