Start by marking “Here Comes The Bride” as Want to Read:
Here Comes The Bride

Here Comes The Bride (Brides & Grooms #1)

Kimberly Turner vowed never to let her twin sister Marci get her in trouble again…but when Marci offers her a deal to play phony fiancé to a friend in need, she can’t resist the money. After all, it’s going to help underprivileged children. And it’s just a weekend…what will it hurt?

Except the handsome architect Austin McDane is nothing like the men Marci usually tangles wi
Kindle Edition, Special Author's Cut Edition, 146 pages
Published 2011 by Beachside Reads (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Here Comes The Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here Comes The Bride

Black Butterfly
May 12, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: comedy-romance
ONE THING THIS BOOK PROVES, "DON'T TELL LIES". ONE SMALL LIE LEADS TO ANOTHER AND ANOTHER AND ANOTHER, GET THE PICTURE? LIES ARE LIKE AN AVALANCHE, LOOK OUT BELOW. THANK GOODNESS THIS IS A ROMANCE COMEDY, EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE BY THE TIME THE BOOK ENDS. YES! I LOVED THIS BOOK IT WAS SO CUTE JUST WHAT I NEEDED. PERFECT! SWEET, SEXY, FUNNY, THE DIALOG HAD ME CRACKING UP. LOOKING FOR A HAPPY ROMANTIC BOOK, THIS IS IT.
Kimberly
Jan 27, 2017 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
A quick, easy read. There were some editing issues and the story was a little unbelievable at times, but it did have some funny moments. And, had a good ending.
Elaine
I don't care if it was predictable at times! I LOVED this story, and might even read it again!

I was completely sucked into this twin-switch, fake-fiancé story. Yeah, 2 tried and true tropes, all in one. But it was sweet. And funny. And touching. It brought out the true romantic in me.

Austin frequents the same restaurant and when he has to attend the wedding of his best friend and former fiancé, pays his favorite waitress, Marci to act as his fiancé for the weekend as she is flamboyant and flirt
Laine
Mar 20, 2012 Laine rated it it was amazing
the story is amazing and im in love with it. twins switching, fake fiancee but a real marriage what else could make a story gets complicated. austin and kimberly have this passion and chemistry they have for each other. it's like destiny has brought them together as one.
Alie
Dec 12, 2012 Alie rated it it was ok
It was an ok book. Story line was kinda corny, relationship moved way to fast, from never having met, to madly, deeply in love in 2 days???
Bette Jacobson
Feb 24, 2017 Bette Jacobson rated it liked it
Romantic comedy occasioned by switching twins and a fake engagement. Totally predictable but cute.
Silverana
Dec 13, 2012 Silverana rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-kindle
Nice romance with an ending that I really liked. There were a few things that kept coming to mind though. I love this type of plot where there is a twin switch and the more conservative twin ends up falling for the guy, however the male perspective is beginning to irritate me a little. Not just with this particular story but I think in general.

Austin pays Marci to be his fiancé knowing she’s the flirting type, free in her dress style and the way she hangs out with guys. Knowing this, he still c
Katerina
Austin has to attend his best friends wedding, who is going to marry Austins former date Marilyn...
He does not want to show up all alone, so he asks Marci, a sexy waitress at the restaurant he visits frequently.
In exchange for two thousand dollars, Marci will pretend being Austins fiancé for a weekend.
As the weekend approaches Marci thinks to herself " Ain't nobody got time for that!"
And so with a little persuasion, she manages to send her twin sister Kimberly instead.
Austin and Kimberly meet...
Diana Hockley
Dec 22, 2012 Diana Hockley rated it it was amazing
This book is everything it purports to be - a frothy, fun romance! I could say it stretches the bounds of believability - which of course it does - but the characterisation is excellent and the writing flows smoothly, making it an overnight read. The pace is just right and it has been well edited. The inevitable misunderstanding is well handled without being "over the top" as is the case in many novels of this genre. The heroine is relatively sensible within the bounds of the plot and of course, ...more
Leslie
Nov 09, 2014 Leslie rated it it was ok
Shelves: romantic
Kimberly and Marci are identical twins with opposite personalities. When a guy hires Marci to play his fiancee for a weekend she decides to go Vegas and gets her twin to take her place.

And then the lies begin. (view spoiler) And they pile up like leaves in the fall.

When a drunken Austin agrees to a double ma
Carol Ward
Jul 09, 2015 Carol Ward rated it it was amazing
Though they're identical twins, Kimberly and Marci are totally different in every other respect. So when Marci coerces Kimberly to do a 'twin switch' with her to pose as a hunky architect's fiancée and go home with him for a friend's wedding, Kimberly's not sure she can pull it off. I enjoyed the interaction with Austin's family, and the attraction between Austin and Kimberly, and the way he had to keep reminding himself that they were only pretending. This was another book that was hard to put ...more
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Mar 09, 2013 Sassy Beta Reading & Review rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It is the first of two from what I can tell. Rita has a great way with words. She has the ability to suck you in making you feel as if you are part of the story. I love when a write can do that. She had me laughing, crying, heart aching...it was perfect! Thank you Rita for another great read! You can not go wrong with this author. I have read 5 or more of her books and not 1 has disappointed me yet.
Britta
Mar 20, 2013 Britta rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, fiction, 2013
Kimberly Turner is straight laced and practical. Always one to help out her flighty twin when she’s in a pinch, Kimberly steps in when ...

Read the rest of my review at my blog.
Jenn
May 23, 2013 Jenn rated it liked it
I enjoyed the story, but the whole falling-in- love-in-a-couple-days-without-knowing-anything-about-each-other thing was annoying and unrealistic. Would have been much better if the courtship had been stretched out and they'd fallen in love over time.
Brittany
Jul 29, 2014 Brittany rated it really liked it
I actually loved this story. I have been reading a ton of modern marriages of convenience books lately so it takes a lot for it to pull me in and make it a good story. I really loved this and will probably read the next one. Enjoy!!
Charmaine Walker
Dec 03, 2014 Charmaine Walker rated it it was amazing
Oh what a sweet hot romantic story. Just loved it. Austin is so hot and hot and hot :-)
Twin swap!! well poor Kim drawn into things by her twin Marci. so glad Kim and Austin met. so good together. They were so unknowingly smitten with each other. Loved it
Dora Okeyo
Sep 12, 2012 Dora Okeyo rated it it was ok
After reading Marry Me Maddie- I was hoping for some fun and humor reading Here Comes the Bride.
The plot, like most romance novels, is predictable. The characters however make up a lively dialogue and you can't help but follow through on what is going on.
The book is quite a page turner.
Liza
Nov 06, 2014 Liza rated it really liked it
Sweet read!!
Sheri Salatin
Mar 19, 2012 Sheri Salatin rated it it was ok
Recommended to Sheri by: find books by title / author / isbn
A set of twins switch places as a date for guy wanting one of them to pose as his fiancee for the weekend.

It was okay.
Dee
Jun 27, 2013 Dee rated it it was ok
Two-haiku review:

He pays her big bucks
Pretends to be fiancee
Because he got dumped

Then it got stupid
Skimmed over middle and end
Unbelievable
Sandhya
Jul 08, 2013 Sandhya rated it liked it
Rita Herron writes so simple, easy reads...i just love reading her books!!
Here comes the bride is also similar to her previous books...a short novel...just a fun-filled book with sweet romance!!
Elizabeth
Dec 12, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
This story was cute and pretty funny. I always find the twin switches hysterical especially when they almost get away with it.
Leah
Aug 21, 2012 Leah rated it it was ok
Predictable, but it kept me busy over the weekend. Cute book, and I intent to read There Goes the Groom, the follow up.
Rhonda
Jun 11, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it
These two come together in a slapstick way and you never expect it to work. Boy do they eventually prove you wrong. Even if there are several bumps along the way!
Amanda
Yet another book that has the h/h meet and fall in love without having an actual conversation. Ugh.
Rebecca
Feb 24, 2013 Rebecca rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was a particularly good book for reading on the bus and before bed.
Misfit
Mar 18, 2012 Misfit marked it as no-thank-you
OK Harlequin sleuths. This is a freebie today and I saw one review that indicated this is a reissue of one of her older books. Can we figure it out and match them up?
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2013
Ashley Eugene
Ashley Eugene rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2016
  • Virtually Yours
  • Shelter from the Storm
  • Mending Fences
  • Avenging Angel
  • Feisty Firefighters Bundle: Aftershock / The Firefighter's Baby / Facing the Fire
  • Flaunt It (Paolo’s Playhouse, #1)
  • Heat Rises
  • Wild Passion (Wild, #3)
  • The Vicarage Bench Anthology
  • Heart's Desire
  • Maneater (Special Investigations Agency, #12)
  • Kayla's Birthday Present
  • Historical Romance Boxed Set: Of Noble Birth / Honor Bound
  • Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)
USA Today Bestselling and award-winning author Rita Herron fell in love with books at the ripe age of eight when she read her first Trixie Belden mystery. Although she wanted to be a writer then and actually scrawled her first novel at age twelve, she didn’t think real people grew up to be writers, so she became a kindergarten teacher instead. Ten years ago, she traded her classroom storytelling a ...more
More about Rita Herron...

Brides & Grooms (2 books)
  • There Goes the Groom