The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information: An Official Useless Information Society Publication

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Did you know that snails can sleep for three years without eating? Or that the average four-year-old asks over 400 questions a day? The Useless Information Society was formed by some of Britain's best-loved journalists, who meet regularly to swap new nuggets of trivia. This is the third collection of their incredible, fascinating, and utterly trivial findings. Each page is...more
Published August 1st 2004 by John Blake

Todd Martin
The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information is basically a list of disjointed trivia spanning a wide variety of topics. The book seems designed for folks that read on the toilet (60% of the population does this according to the book) since you can pick it up and put it down without losing continuity (since there is no continuity to lose).

Some of this useless information is fascinating, some of it is surprising and a surprising amount of it is completely wrong. Unfortunately, the fact check...more
Sarah-Anne
From the creators of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Book of Useless Information-a collection of even greater insignificance.

More useless than ever before! Impress know-it-all friends with this all-new hodgepodge of frivolous facts and silly statistics that no one really needs to know. But honestly, how cool is it to find out that...

? There is a place in Maryland called Monkey's Eyebrow
? Giving yellow flowers is a sign of bad luck in Russia
? One brow wrinkle is the result of 200,000 frowns
?...more
Angel
Finished this. Not marked higher because, as the label says, "I liked it" and that's it. This book, part of a series, is basically a collection of facts and trivia organized by topic. It makes for good reading when you just want to pick something up quick, drop it, then pick it up later. Yes, it also makes very good bathroom reading. And it does feature some interesting little facts. If you are into trivia, you need to give these books a look.
Jonathon
I've always enjoyed knowing useless information. Is it a bad thing that I'd say I knew at LEAST half of the stuff in this book before reading it? Now will have to find the rest of the books in this collection to read.
Juan Baez
It is hard to review/rate this book (just look at the title!). But for fun easy reading is just fine. Since I was a kid I just liked this kind of reading. I bought at the airport for some time killing.
Einar Nielsen
This is a book you pick up and read just a few facts and the put back down. This would never be a good read from start to end buts as, for example, a toilet book it does do its job well.
Katie
This is a great trivia book with a lot of interesting and unusual facts. I brought this with me on vacation and everyone loved it!
Jeannie
A quick, fun read but still the identical "useless information" that you can read in 101 other similar books.
Jess
I love books like this. The tales are often amusing and completely useless information. :)
Ryan
I enjoyed the fact that he has about 20 of these. Thats a great deal of useless info
Brian Morin
all of these are terrific!
Rj
Rj marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Bethany Nelson
Bethany Nelson marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Marielle P.
Marielle P. marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Jerry
Jerry marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Zatika
Zatika added it
Apr 20, 2014
Sandro
Sandro marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Kayla
Kayla added it
Mar 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
The Book of Useless Information The Ultimate Book of Useless Information: A Few Thousand More Things You Might Need to Know (But Probably Don't) The Best Book of Useless Information Ever The Amazing Book of Useless Information: More Things You Didn't Need to Know But Are About to Find Out The Murder of Princess Diana