Start by marking “Fortune Hunter (Brook Street, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fortune Hunter (Brook Street, #2)

Fortune Hunter (Brook Street #2)

London, 1822

Impoverished Julian Parker returns to London with one goal: marry an heiress. He'll do whatever it takes, even if it means denying his desire for men. After all, with a fortune comes happiness and social acceptance--which have eluded Julian his entire life.

The only things a vast fortune has brought Oscar Woodhaven are greedy relatives and loneliness. At twenty-
Published April 9th 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Fortune Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortune Hunter

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Ava March is just a master at historical romance. Even though I thought that I was going to 2 or 3 star this up until 50% of the way through the book, Ava March turned things around and made me love this one.

First of all, props to Charlie Belmont, who narrated this book LIKE A BOSS. I really adored his narration, and I'll be looking for more audiobooks from him in the future.

This book started out difficult for me because Julian was such a user-McUser-face. I wanted to bitch slap him, like for
Ingela
Written January 27, 2015

3.7 Stars - Sweet and charming - I couldn't but once again LIKE these lovely historicals

Book #2

Fortune Hunter is the second novella in this M/M historical three part series Brook Street. Quite steamy regency historicals with new love-couples in each book. Thief, the first part, was charming sweet. Four stars from me (my review) for a shorter four hours audiobook.

...and yet again another "four'er"

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

***********************************************************

Book #2 is Julian
Audrey
Mar 23, 2012 Audrey rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, man-love
4+ stars. Second story in Ava March's Brook Street m/m historical romance trilogy. I really enjoyed this story, and, unlike the first book in this trilogy (which was also good), I thought the HEA ending here was perfect and exactly what the story and characters needed.

The story, in brief.
Julian Parker, the titular fortune hunter, has returned to England from America to seek his fortune...in the form of an advantageous marriage. He may prefer men, but he also prefers to be a man of leisure with f
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
May 29, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Quick review:

Cover: Hot!
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Burn baby Burn
Overall: OMG! I loved it.
Characters: Really good.
Plot: Big hearted lessons to be learned.
Page Turner: Yes.
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Julian (though choice)

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
Each of the three in the trilogy have different inner workings and it’s hard to chose a favorite. But this one, pulled on my heart stings the most I think. Oscar is just the absolute best and deserved it too. Histor
Ami

Urgh, I didn't like this as much as book #1. I thought that Oscar Woodhaven was sweet and I sympathized for him -- his loneliness and how people just used him and befriended him for money. But I had more issues than my sympathy over Oscar.

My issues were four-fold:

1) I didn't particularly enjoy gold-digger stories

2) I wasn't charmed by Julian, I was pissed off on how he broke Oscar's heart, and he wasn't particularly admirable for his attitude (he thought working in trade as something "
MishyJo
Dec 18, 2013 MishyJo rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
Julian's family left England when he was a teen due to his father's fall from grace in the Ton. Now, as a young adult, Julian has returned to England hoping to rejoin society. Although he, in his words, "prefers men," he hopes to marry well for the sake of financial security. He is so certain that this plan is his only hope, he fails to see that he is not only being lazy, but that he would be unfairly committing a woman to what would be, unbeknownst to her, a loveless marriage. At the same time, ...more
DaisyGirl
4.5 Stars

Ah hem, okay, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say ...

*whispers*

I liked this better than Thief.

Stop gaping at me! It was close! I loved Thief and I adored Fortune Hunter. This is especially surprising in the case of the latter because Julian was so very unappealing, shallow gold-digging bastard that he was for most of the book. Until the end that is. Oh, the end.

*swoons*

I'm in love. Was it too abrupt? Maybe. Should Julian have groveled more? Perhaps. But it worked for me nonethele
Sandra
ARC received from Carina Press on NetGalley

3.5 stars I enjoyed this a lot, although admittedly I liked the first book Thief a little bit better. Likely because it had more ups and downs and therefore a slightly more emotional reaction, yet I was glad with the way things went a little more smoothly for Oscar and Julian. I'm glad this story featured Ben's cousin, because I wanted to check in on our previous pair and was hoping it would be one of Ben's earlier mentioned friends that got hooked up t
Chris
Mar 24, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Very good historical m/m romance about a man who returns to England planning to marry an heiress so he won't have to work; he's not going to let anything, even friendship, stand in his way. This one really got to me. *blots eyes*
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

Ava March is like a big chewy brownie, the book version of pure comfort food. I liked this story, although not as much as the first. Julian was a selfish prick, but he just barely redeemed himself. Half star off for the very abrupt ending.
Sammy Goode
Mar 01, 2013 Sammy Goode rated it it was amazing
I need to begin this review by saying that I do not normally care for historical fiction--ok, let me be perfectly clear--I do not like --well I avoid historical fiction with everything I am---unless it is written by Ava March. Then...well I practically run to get the new release. So, it is no surprise to me that once again, I was thoroughly enthralled by Fortune Hunter and have bought both the other books in this trilogy.

At its heart, this was a growing up story for both the main characters. Jul
Mar 28, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, just-ok

This is the story of Julian, the poor man looking for a rich wife, and Oscar, the wealthy but lonely bachelor. When they meet at a ball, it's lust at first site and for Oscar that lust turns quickly to love. Julian, not realizing how special what they have is, continues his search for a wealthy wife and almost loses the best thing to ever happen to him.

Overall, the story was just ok for me. I think I just wasn't in the mood for a historical.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Jul 17, 2015 Katrina Passick Lumsden rated it really liked it
I'm so glad I listened to a few of my fellow Goodreaders and picked up Ava March's work. Seriously good historical romance without the inconvenience of having to put up with any horribly crafted heroines. Hot historic dudes sexin' each other up. Good plots, good writing, likable characters, great dialogue, good romance. Win.
Justin
Mar 16, 2014 Justin rated it really liked it
Recommended to Justin by: Nico Jaye
Book 2 in the Brook Street Trilogy was not quite as good as the first one to me. I didn't care for Julian in the beginning and even once I started warming to him, he still wasn't the caliber of underdog that I usually enjoy rooting for. The ending was a little abrupt and felt rushed but still a very enjoyable read.
Lucy
May 11, 2012 Lucy rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiodick
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

This is the second in the Brook Street series, this one featuring Julian Parker, a man who will do almost anything for the social acceptance and money, and Oscar, a rich man who just wants someone to love him for himself, not his money. Julian is a relative of Benjamin (from Thief, book one of this series) and he uses Benjamin as entry to the ton he so desperately wants to be part of. To make his greediness worse, Julian is attracted to men, yet he comes to Lon
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

*happy sigh*

Oh Ava March, you have captured my heart with this series. FORTUNE HUNTER is the second book of the Brook Street series and I have to say that if you are a fan of historical M/M erotica, then Ava March is a must-read!

I was very impressed with how March was able to make the smooth transition from Benjamin and Cavin book to Julian and Oscar. It was seamless and it gave readers who have read the first book in the series a chance to remember how well Benjamin
TheFountainPenDiva
The second book in Ava March's Brook Street trilogy. Julian Parker arrives in England with one thing on his mind--marry a wealthy heiress at all costs. Unfortunately for him, he loves men, and one man in particular, comes to mean far more than any titled miss. Oscar Woodhaven isn't an heiress, but he is fabulously wealthy and surrounded by greedy relatives who want nothing more than his fortune. A shy, self-effacing sort, all he wants is someone who wants true friendship that isn't based upon hi ...more
Ryoma Gartre
Beck
Sep 07, 2012 Beck rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, mm, historical
Julian & Oscar ... a m/m twist on a common regency theme. Impoverished, dashingly handsome rake scours the season for a wealthy wife. The twist in this tale is that Oscar becomes the debutante to Julian's cynical quest for the easy buck. Julian's character is redeemed by his efforts to prove himself worthy of Oscar's love. This is another top-notch Ava March regency novel. Her characters are vivid & engaging her plot is flawlessly delivered. Well worth reading.
☆♥☆Kotyonok★♡★~•Attack Planet 3.0•~
Same complaint as last time- wish it were longer. I really loved this one because of the character development in this- Julian's broke my heart. But Oscar's treatment by others I could relate to on an epic level. Honestly.
Beautiful story.
I love this pair so much.
Ery
Aug 18, 2012 Ery rated it liked it
Shelves: audio
An audiobook I didn't hate! Must be good...
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Julian--

I dub thee fuckwit.
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 22, 2012 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, novella
I liked this one, just not as much as the first in this series. I had a harder time connecting to Julian and the ending felt rushed. I loved Oscar. :) Full review to come
Catherine
This Ava March person... She sure knows how to end a book. She just shredded my heart and then put it back together again in about 10 pages.
Andrea
Mar 29, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
Full review can be seen at Seductive Musings.

Julian is devious, snobbish and lazy yet very likeable in spite of that. I think what keeps him so likeable is that he isn’t malicious at all. He’s doing the best he can with what he has, a few connections and a handsome face. The strange part is that it actually took me a while to catch on to his bad qualities because he was so likeable. They were front and center right from the beginning but I overlooked them, not something I normally do.

Oscar is pr
Katie Michaels
Mar 28, 2012 Katie Michaels rated it really liked it
Ava March continues her sexy m/m historical trilogy with this second installment, featuring the fortune-hunting Julian Parker. Julian knows he prefers his lovers to be men, but he also knows that a rich wife will be his only chance at the kind of life he wants.

Julian grew up as one of the poor relations in his family. His dad gambled and whored the family's money away, forcing them to leave London for America years ago. Now he wants to restore his family name in London and his is counting on his
Shannon
Jun 29, 2012 Shannon rated it it was amazing

*Happy sigh* On the strength of these two books, I will read anything Ava March puts out. Hell, if she collaborated with Bill Bryson on the history of tapeworms, complete with adorably angst boys kissing each other, that would be perfect. (OK, maybe not, but… man, I'm in new author love. Don't judge me.)

Again, she brings me two men I want to snuggle and provide cookies. Both Julian (my favorite romance novel name right there… happy sigh) and Oscar (who is totally not a grouch) tugged at my heart
Trix
Jun 30, 2012 Trix rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-novels, angst, regency
I very much enjoyed the story between Oscar and Julian.

(view spoiler)
Christy B
Book #2 in the Brook Street series. Admittingly, I didn't enjoy it as much as the first book Thief, but I still enjoyed Fortune Hunter, nonetheless. I gobbled it up in only a few hours.

Julian Parker, cousin of the Benjamin Parker from the first book, has arrived back in London after living in America for the last 10 years. His father's and grandfather's scandalous reputations have ruined his side of the family. Julian arrives in London hoping to secure himself a rich wife, but what he ends up fi
Monique
Dec 14, 2013 Monique rated it really liked it
Oscar is the kind of character that just squeezes your heart so hard in your chest. He's so lonely and such a generous person, that I just want to hug him and tell him how wonderful he is. He yearns to be loved, to be put first. I completely related to him as a character. I understand what it's like to have friends but they are the kind of friends that would put someone else above you and would choose someone else over you.

It hurt to read about the way Julian treated him, accepted Oscar's gifts
  • Seducing Stephen
  • The Lion and the Crow
  • Bless Us With Content
  • Beguiled (Enlightenment)
  • Secret Light
  • Lessons in Desire (Cambridge Fellows, #2)
  • The Desire for Dearborne
  • Ransom (Royal Navy, #1)
  • Well Traveled (Gideon and Jedediah, #1)
  • The Gladiator's Master
  • An Improper Holiday
  • Mere Mortals
  • Bonds of Earth
1978003
Ava March is a bestselling author of sexy, emotionally intense M/M historical erotic romances. She loves writing in the Regency time period, where proper decorum is of the utmost importance, but where anything can happen behind closed doors. With over fifteen works to her credit, her books have been finalists in the Rainbow Awards and More Than Magic contest, and deemed ‘must-haves’ for Historical ...more
More about Ava March...

Brook Street (3 books)
  • Thief (Brook Street, #1)
  • Rogues (Brook Street, #3)