Start by marking “Titanic Affair” as Want to Read:
Titanic Affair

Titanic Affair

Emilia Cavendish is given a first class ticket on board Titanic and sets out to start a new life with her godmother. The first few days aboard the world-famous 'unsinkable' liner are everything she hoped for as she enjoys the unaccustomed luxuries of the fabulous ship. She makes new friends amongst her fellow passengers - not least the darkly handsome, if somewhat overbear ...more
Published March 7th 2012 (first published August 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Titanic Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Titanic Affair

Misfit
Emilia Cavendish is desperate to escape the henchman trying to kidnap her for the evil baddie who wants to keep her for his very own love toy. She just happens to have a ticket for the one of the most elegant staterooms on board the Titanic and she can travel in luxury and safety to her godmother in Ireland. Things don't go very smoothly because:

1) Of course the evil henchman finds his way on board so he can continue stalking Emilia.

2) The ever-so-drop-dead-gorgeous-self-made millionaire Carl La
Jun 10, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book while wandering aimlessly through the library. I don't normally read fiction, especially modern fiction and I am definitely not a romance novel person. But I was bored sitting at home after having surgery, I liked the cover art (made the book look decently respectable), and I skimmed the ending at the library to make sure it was happy (not in the mood for heavy thought content after surgery). Reading this book is like eating strawberries and cream--a little nutrition (the h ...more
Lisa Stanbridge
Jul 15, 2014 Lisa Stanbridge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love anything to do with the titanic so I was excited to read this. It was a fast paced story with a lot of action. The characters were well developed and likeable or unlikeable depending on who they were.

Carl came across as a brood at first but I grew an instant attraction to him. His mother was great. It's amazing how a couple of nice words can cure someone who's been blue. Some reviews mocked this but the thing is, if you're told you're I'll but no one knows what the problem is, it is going
Elaine
Jun 12, 2014 Elaine rated it really liked it
Shelves: emotional-drama
I have always shied away from Titanic based fiction because, let's face it, no matter how you dress up the story, you know how it is going to end = the ship is going to sink, and nothing will change that. So I was pleased when I found I really enjoyed this story. The main theme running through the book is the romance between ordinary girl Emilia and super rich Carl, and this made really good reading. At first I did wonder if I was reading a sequel, because there is a "story before the story star ...more
 Gigi Ann
Apr 07, 2014 Gigi Ann rated it really liked it

My Thoughts...
Each April I try to read something about the 'Titanic' since it is the anniversary of its ill-fated voyage. What a nice surprise when this year I found this novel by Amanda Grange, one of my favorite authors. I was not disappointed with her story.

Stories about the Titanic always fascinate me, I enjoyed this story it was a fast moving story, and a fast read. I found it quite enjoyable. I realize many feel it followed the movie Titanic, however, only seeing the movie once many years
Therese
When I picked up this book, I didn't realize it was a romance, but I probably would have gotten it anyway since I have a fascination for Titanic, both the ship and the movie.

Emilia Cavendish has managed to secure a first-class ticket on the maiden voyage of Titanic and is eager to escape Southhampton and a man who will not take no for an answer. She is scheduled to get off in Ireland, but no sooner had she boarded the ship, than she meets a man who is determined to buy her stateroom for his aili
Chloe
Mar 27, 2014 Chloe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This feels like a Titanic classic. It has a bit of everything - murder, mystery, romance and deception all woven into an easy-to-read story. I loved the attention to detail with the history of the Titanic and loved that most of the story takes place on the ship itself.

(view spoiler)
Kimberly
Jul 24, 2012 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: free-pixel
I've been on a Titanic kick lately and found this on Pixel of Ink as a free read. I'm reading another Titanic book right now so this book might have gotten a good bump because the other was so terrible, but I don't think that's the case.

It's a nice light read that gets the facts straight (that's the bump), but there are quite a few typos. All the words meant what the author thought they meant so bonus! The typos were easily overlooked to get to the good story underneath. There were a few moments
Sophie
Dec 30, 2012 Sophie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Yay!! A happy ending! Much more satisfying than the film!
This was, yet again, a wonderful book! Knowing the story of the Titanic I was dubious about reading this but I am glad I did. The detail about the Titanic was really interesting and informative and the characters were great as always. There was a particularly great back story to the hero and the heroine in this one. A cute plot, with some interesting turns, right to the very end!
Iris Windmeijer
I love books about the titanic, and I really loved this one. At first, Carl Latimer seems a bit like mr Darcy - full of himself and his pride. But when he meets Emilia, he changes and they fall in love, until the ship starts to sink.. Luckily, Emilia is put into one of the lifeboats in time, but she is unsure if her lover Carl has made it.
(view spoiler)
Rhonda
Jan 01, 2013 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Anyone who enjoys Amanda's books, Titanic related stories or even James Cameron's Titanic story will love this book! I felt like it was similar (in some little ways) to Jack and Rose. I couldn't put it down and finished in less than a day. The attention to details of the ship's history, the interesting tale of the characters were great. I only wish I could know more of Carl and Emilla
Sally Knotwell
Jun 27, 2012 Sally Knotwell rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
What a delightful little book! Although I knew what was going to happen, (Titanic does hit the iceberg and it does sink and there are people who die and people who survive) the story still kept me enthralled. I learned so much about the customs and fashions of those times. Thanks, Amanda Grange, for a wonderful retelling of the Titanic disaster.
Denise Keef
Aug 31, 2012 Denise Keef rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading stories pertaining to the Titanic and really enjoyed this one. There is love, kidnapping, deception and survival. The writer took you through it all from setting sail to the sinking of the great ship to the rescue of the passengers. I have recommended this to my friends who have also enjoyed it.
Alyssa White
May 18, 2013 Alyssa White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read. I could not put it down from the moment I picked it up!
A young girl has lived a very filled life only to find love where she least expected it. This author paints a beautiful image and takes you into the story. I bawled my eyes out twice while reading this book. It really is a great read.
Olya
I didn't expect much from this book, but I really wanted to read a short book, and this is what I found. Overall, it was better than I expected. It wasn't well written, but I liked the story, and the information about the Titanic was interesting. It was not memorable but good for a quick read.
Madison
Jul 15, 2013 Madison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and clean romantic story. It was an easy read that I really enjoyed. Not going to lie, I was somewhat tense about this one because you know the story of the Titanic.. I will definitely read more of Grange's books, even if they are cheesy. I love how clean her books are!
Anne
Apr 14, 2014 Anne rated it liked it
This was a Kindle deal, and I was attracted to the time frame and setting. The author, who writes a lot of Jane Austen retellings, did a good job of researching details about the Titanic and its ill-fated voyage. A fun, quick read and good spring-time diversion.
Elizabeth
It was a quick read, and pretty predictable story. I'm on a Titanic kick so I will read just about any book about it. This would be a good book to have on an airplane, or at the beach. There's not much depth but still enjoyable.
Missy
May 08, 2013 Missy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I'm a sucker for Titanic stories anyway but this was a nice change of pace. The characters were easy to love and feel their emotions. My only complaint is that the ending shouldn't have been so rushed.
HR readsNstuff
It needs an epilogue! I need to know what happened after the happy reunion...

there's a little bit too much "i want to prove that i've done my research" dialogue and descriptions but over all a sweet story.
Dinah
Apr 26, 2012 Dinah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is better then the movie Titanic in my opinion, as far as romance goes. The climax was not very climatic, but a good story over all. It was a very quick read too and was well written.
Kathryn
Apr 05, 2012 Kathryn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-loan
I enjoyed this book by Amanda Grange about the Titanic. Her story brought the Titanic to life for me. I enjoy Grange's books and as an even bigger bonus, this was a Kindle Freebie.
Andrea Buschman
I felt like I was reading a watered down novel adaptation of the movie. It was entertaining for an afternoon. The descriptions seemed more important than the plot somehow.
Heather
May 02, 2012 Heather rated it liked it
I wish she would have developed the reunion at the end of the book more. I was happy, but felt like it needed more.
Saturday's Child
I read this one because the Titanic was the main part of the plot, it was an easy and enjoyable read.
Tori
Apr 03, 2016 Tori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: titanic
Daughter loves all Titanic theme books and movies. We read this for HomeSchool.
Jamie
I liked it. It was a short, cute read. I was a little underwhelmed with the ending.
Amy
Sweet romance story. I really like Amanda Grange's writing style. Fun read!
Carrie Garner
A quick and fun read. Not much depth but okay for general purposes.
Lisa Bergin
Apr 17, 2012 Lisa Bergin rated it liked it
An ok read. Not badly written but not quite my thing.
  • Hearts That Survive: A Novel of the Titanic
  • Cold April
  • The Texan's Bride
  • Allegra's Song (The Drewe Sisters)
  • Trapped On The Titanic
  • Shipbuilder (The Time Travel Journals, #1)
  • Ship of Dreams
  • Love Me Always
  • Echoes of Pemberley
  • Something's Alive on the Titanic
  • Susanna and the Spy (Susanna and the Spy, #1)
  • Innocent Deceptions
  • The Last Honest Seamstress
  • The Macgregor's Daughter
  • Edge of Time (Langston Brothers #1)
  • The English Heiress
  • Arrow to the Heart
  • China Rose
Amanda Grange was born in Yorkshire and spent her teenage years reading Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer whilst also finding time to study music at Nottingham University. She has had twenty-five novels published including six Jane Austen retellings, which look at events from the heroes' points of view. She has also had two books published under different names: Murder at Whitegates Manor (as Eleano ...more
More about Amanda Grange...