Start by marking “Twined” as Want to Read:
Twined

Twined

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  90 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Avalin Marsh saw something on her eleventh birthday that no little girl should ever see. A day that was supposed to be special now haunts her constantly. Tormented by visions and voices, Avalin is befriended by an intriguing, handsome young man named Albert. Albert however isn't who or what Avalin thinks he is. Now questioning her own sanity, Avalin must rely on Albert to ...more
Paperback, First, 258 pages
Published March 25th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Twined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twined

Watermelon Daisy
Jul 21, 2012 Watermelon Daisy rated it did not like it

From the minute I started reading Twined, I knew I wasn’t the intended audience.

And when I finished it, I was proven right. It really wasn’t my type of book. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the creative plot which stunned me, I’d give this a 1-or-2 star as a personal rating.

Reasons I didn’t like it: the story seemed to be told from the beginning, commas were ignored, love-triangle was included and grammar was average but not to the very best.

However, I gave this book to one of my best friends and th
Rose Cimarron
Jun 05, 2012 Rose Cimarron rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adult
This has the honour of being the first kindle book I paid money to get. I quite enjoyed the book, with a couple of irritations:
"Exhume" means to dig up a previously interred body...I think the author meant "exuded" whenever "exhumed" was used...I never heard of an object exhuming energy...;-)
And what on earth is a tonsil stone????

I thought the story ended rather abruptly, but with a perfect set-up for the next book.

I enjoyed this book - it's got a good premise. There are quite a few points where
Martha
May 29, 2012 Martha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Review will be posted on May 30th so keep a look out at: http://theshortone08.blogspot.com/

Sneak peek of my review:
:O
Yep that's all I'm giving you for now!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright here is the review:

Avalin's mother killed a woman in her own home and now years later Avalin thinks she's going crazy too seeing faces, hearing voices, but along come Albert who tells her she's not going crazy and that's where all the fun begins.

Romance, Intrigue,
Elaine Huntington
Apr 04, 2012 Elaine Huntington rated it it was amazing
Very,very good! I loved it! This author just keeps turning out winning books!
Jasmine Royal
Apr 07, 2012 Jasmine Royal rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I read Scarlett's and absolutely LOVED it! I didn't think that A.L.Collins could top that and I was so, so wrong! Twined is FANTASTIC! This book had me so pulled in that I have dreamed about it for two nights now! I have never heard of this author but WOW! You will be hearing of him soon,Everywhere! I Now can officially say that I have a NEW FAVORITE AUTHOR and it's A.L. Collins!!! I can't wait till his next book comes out! Hurry! Please!
Nicolette
Aug 16, 2014 Nicolette rated it really liked it
Antonia
Sep 07, 2012 Antonia rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own
A book with oozes of action from its first page to its last.

I didn't really like the writing of the author (it seemed to me like a high school student with an average grade in writing wrote this book) and the fact that the dialogues were so simple. No rare words, no challenging meanings. Apart from this, though, the plot was original. The idea of the Twined creatures that live among humans and need them for survival is fascinating. So, the story and how it unfolded really lived up to my expecta
Gea Harovansi
Jul 07, 2012 Gea Harovansi rated it really liked it
What if yourmother diagnoze with schizoprenia and for some action you began to see and hear something that you believe they were not? Scare, paranoid,or you trust that you’r insane too…And it’s all happened to Avalin.

The nighmare stared when Avalin was celebrating her elevent birtday. She show hermother kill a woman in their kitchen. After the murdered, life was too hard for Avalin. Her mother diagnoze with Schizoprenia and herfather has lived in trouble. By thats reality, Avalin growth as a str
Danielle Smiley
Genre: YA Urban Fantasy
Publisher Type: Indie

I was excited by the premise of this novel. I was immediately intrigued and wanted to know more about Avalin's situation. I gave this book 3 stars because portions were 5 stars all the way and portions were 1 & 2 stars.

As we begin, Avalin talks of her 11 year old self. This was a point of great concern for me because the girl described was at best 5. And I'm pretty much expert to all things little girl, my daughters being 7 and 11. I even had my 11
KayleighReads
Oct 18, 2014 KayleighReads rated it it was amazing
I am sad at the moment because I can not purchase this book anywhere . I was really looking forward to this . :(

*UPDATE*
I was sent this book and well lets just say I loved it ! And I cant wait for the next part ! :D

<6.1.14>I never really did a proper review I had done just never posted which I dont understand why that is.Anyway here it is and my apologies to the author that was kind enough to send me this book.

Summary;

Avalin Marsh saw something on her eleventh birthday that no little girl
Megan (The Book Babe)
Other reviews like this at thebookbabesreads.blogspot.com

I enjoyed this book, but there were a few things that I would've changed. For one, I would have changed the bits in the sentences where the author should have added commas. Because a lot of the sentences seemed a little bit run on and, well, comma less. But if you make pause at the appropriate places, it isn't so bad.

When I first started this book, I was kind of expecting a different kind of story than I got. It drew me in immediately, and
Hanna
Jun 04, 2012 Hanna rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who like YA, people who like strong female characters
Thanks to goodreads and A.L. Collins for providing a copy!

EDIT 01/08/12: changed it from 4 to 3 stars after comparing it with a lot of other 4 star books I've read this year

I was quite surprised by this book, since I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. It was very fast-paced from the get-go and as a reader you never really stop being interested in the story. The main characters were also very engaging. I especially like the tomboyish you-see-what-you-get-smartass female protagon
Donna
Jun 12, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Avalin Marsh is all ready for her 11th birthday party. She had sent out invitations to everyone in her class. She got dressed and made sure everything was made ready. The weather was cold and rainy, with the rain coming down harder each moment. Then, it happened. No one showed up. Not one single friend. She was alone. Her father tried to smooth things with the promise of a day at the beach. They went to the kitchen to tell her mother and found her in disarray after killing someone. A person was ...more
Tânia
Jun 25, 2012 Tânia rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I had no expectations when I started reading this book, and sometimes it’s the best thing to do, just jump head on and face whatever comes your way, or more to the case, stare hell in the face like ours truly, Avalin Marsh. I do know that I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did so this story was a very nice and refreshing surprise. It’s an easy, quick and enjoyable read that caught my attention from the beginning and kept me interested till the very end.

There were a few things that bothe
Melanie
Jun 05, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing

A.L. Collins first brought us into a fantasy world in Bastion - Prequel to War and then he made us smile in his motivational and feel-good YA debut, Scarlett's. What does he have in store for us now with Twined? A supernatural novel for young adults. But don't be mistaken, this is not a vampire or werewolf story. Oh no! A.L. Collins has created a unique new world where supernatural beings seek a human in order to survive past their teens. I won't tell you more about it. I'll let you guys discove
Monica
Sep 25, 2012 Monica rated it really liked it
I downloaded Twined when it was being offered for free on amazon. I've done this before and usually, the books turn out to be awful. But as soon as I read the first chapter, I knew this book was different. There's a lot of paranormal books out there, and many aren't very good. There's a few inconsistencies in Twined, but nothing too distracting. Overall, the voice of the main character is very realistic. She's snarky and improper and lazy about school and her emotions are up and down. She swears ...more
Raye Wood
Sep 30, 2012 Raye Wood rated it it was amazing
I didn't know of I would like this book because of its YA nature (although I read a ton of YA literature being a teacher) but I really enjoyed it. Avalin is realistic and her character stays true throughout. There wasn't as much explanation as I would have liked regarding the TWINED but I AM looking forward to the next one so 5 stars it is :)
Chelsea (Books for Thought)
Jul 10, 2012 Chelsea (Books for Thought) rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Overall I really enjoyed this book and really hope a sequel comes out. I loved the idea of the world they're in and I can't wait to find out more about it. Avalin was a great character and it was really easy to connect with her. All the drama kinda happened a little fast and there;s still lots I'd like to know but it was a good read.
Lori
Jun 15, 2012 Lori marked it as to-read
I can't wait to start this one. I found out about Twined from a bookstore in the town I grew up in, advertising this new local author. So glad it's available to read on my iPad!
Violet
Jun 04, 2012 Violet marked it as to-read
seems interesting.
like a blend of reality and fantasy...
A.L. Collins 'round 22?
have n't read a book by a young author in along time.
not that it really matters.
Jamie
Rating: 4.5 stars

I took away half a star because it was so short, but besides that, I loved everything about it. (:
ann
May 08, 2012 ann marked it as to-read
Love the premise. <3
Zimt
Aug 12, 2012 Zimt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twined is just like everyone says: "It is amazing!". A beautiful-told Story with surprises at every turn.

Avalin's world changed drastically on her eleventh birthday. Now, seven years later, it continues to change even more after Albert comes into the picture. Everything she thought was true is actually a lie and Avalin is going to find out the truth behind the events from her birthday. Together with Albert, she needs to become stronger in order to survive until tomorrow. What will Avalin find ou
Sandy Emerson
Apr 19, 2014 Sandy Emerson rated it did not like it
Meh.
Maialen
Oct 27, 2012 Maialen rated it liked it
Shelves: english
It was something that makes you keep reading but I don't know... I keep reading it like meh
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Darnise Chilo
Darnise Chilo rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Marco
Marco marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
  • Exiled (The Never Chronicles, #1)
  • The Otherworld Trilogy: Faelorehn / Dolmarehn / Luathara (The Otherworld Trilogy #1-3)
  • The Whisper Jar
  • The Eyes of a Stranger (Nan's Heritage #4)
  • Neverdark
  • Nine Lives
  • Slippery Souls (Sunray Bay, #1)
  • Strange Trouble (Rune Alexander #3)
  • Between Worlds (Trix-ology #1)
  • Muse
  • Four in the Morning
  • Broken Silence
  • Rapture (Rapture Trilogy, #1)
  • Familiar Ties
  • The Unicorn Girl
  • Riven (Illumine, #3)
  • Demon Vampire: Anthology (The Redgold Series, #1,#2, #3)
  • Demon Lore (Demon Huntress, #1)
I'm a character enthusiest and lover of storytelling. I've spent most of my life listening to the tales that people tell and studying what makes a book or characters alive and interesting. Writing is my love and the details the flavor. I hope that people enjoy what I can create.
More about A.L. Collins...

“I just wanted things to be simple. I didn't understand why things had to be so complicated for all the grown ups. And I decided that if growing up meant things got confusing, then I would stay little forever. I would stay simple. But unfortunately everything around me did its best not to be. The world liked to be complex. It liked to twist, to distort. To bleed you dry of whatever feeling you could muster while still letting you hold on to your sanity so that you could experience heartache at its prime. I didn't know how cold the world could be when I was eleven. If I would have known...maybe I would have packed a sweater.” 4 likes