Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)

Easy (Contours of the Heart #1)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  110,855 ratings  ·  8,600 reviews
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life...more
Published May 25th 2012

Easy by Tammara WebberBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireSlammed by Colleen HooverThoughtless by S.C. StephensWhere She Went by Gayle Forman
New Adult Literature
1st out of 802 books — 1,672 voters
Slammed by Colleen HooverGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardEasy by Tammara WebberVampire Academy by Richelle MeadLosing It by Cora Carmack
Student-Teacher Affair Novels
3rd out of 157 books — 974 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristin (KC)

I. Love. Goodreads!

If it were not for this amazing social, book-reading-way-better-than-facebook network, I would have never even heard of these incredible books that I've been reading! And "Easy" is a prime example...

I absolutely adored this book! It was sweet, funny, sensual-- with a touch of angst in all the right places. I loved the characters and was able to build a close connection with them immediately. The writing was AMAZING, and the story flowed like a catchy song.There was a cute and...more
Tammara
Jan 12, 2014 Tammara marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm the author of this YA-M/New Adult novel. :)
Steph Sinclair

Okay, let's get right down to business: Easy is one of the best books I've ever read. I finished it almost two weeks ago and I still think about the characters because I was on such an emotional roller coaster, fully immersed, while reading. It says something about a book that can do that do you.

Easy surprised me right from the start with a very troubling scene of Jacqueline being attacked, making my heart jump into my stomach. And I'll admit to being worried about how Webber would handle such a...more
Lisa
Well this awkward. Not one single friend rated this book less than three stars and I couldn't manage to rate it more than one. I feel like I read a completely different book from everyone else. The only positive thing I can say about this novel is that it emphasizes the message that rape is never a woman's fault, which is an important message. But having a good message does not excuse awful characterization, unrealistic plot points, or poor writing.

Warning: Incredibly long review that attempts t...more
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image <br />Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wonderful! Amazing <3
I'm sorry everyone, but this review will be full of gushing and little hearts and me being all crazy about a book I absolutely loved

Image <br />Hosted by ImageShack.us

So, there are like a million reviews for this one, and I don't really feel like writing an extensive one, because honestly, YOU SHOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK BEFORE YOU START IT!!!!

That's how it was for me, I went into this totally blind, I had absolutely no idea what the book was about, I think I read the blurb but it still gave me
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
Huge 5 stars

I really loved this story but not for the reasons I expected. What I expected was an angst filled, all consuming, volatile romance between the hero and heroine. What the author gave me, however, was far from that and much better.

Overall this book is more about the heroine's journey to self-awareness than about her romance with the hero. Typically, I prefer romance centered plots to storylines involving the heroine's relationships with multiple characters. However, this book not only...more
♡Karlyn P♡

4.5! Wow, really enjoyed it. A kind of deja vu of 'Beautiful Disaster', but improved on all levels and without all the WTFery. Better writing, more likable H/h, smarter story line, a hero who uses his fighting skills for good, and a far more fitting ending, IMHO.

Lucas

Easy was such an emotionally deep story, realistic in nature, and had a wonderful steamy romance between a tortured hero who is obsessed/possessive over Jacqueline, and a heroine who must now come to terms with the choices she made....more
Kat Kennedy
So some­body told me this book was like Beau­ti­ful Dis­as­ter but not com­pletely hor­ri­ble, woman hat­ing and non­sen­si­cal. I snorted, thanked them for the rec and went on my merry way.

So let me express this in the most calm and rea­son­able way I can. Easy by Tamara Web­ber is fan­tas­tic and won­der­ful and that per­son was 100% right.

I have to admit, the book and I didn’t get off to a great start. It begins with Jacque­line at col­lege, bummed from get­ting dumped by her longterm boyfrie...more
Ariana
.. So easy to like, so easy to get lost into the story, so easy to get to the last page and wish for more...

4.5 stars.
Sometimes you don't really think if a book is good or not, it just works for you. You simply start reading it and the action feels so natural that you don't stop until you reach the last page. This is one of those stories.
It's hard to think of the reasons why i liked it so much, and I'm not even sure if it matters because usually what i like about a book is not what others migh...more
Samadrita
Jan 09, 2014 Samadrita rated it 1 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Fans of weak female protagonists
Recommended to Samadrita by: GR
EDIT 21/05/2013:-
I am putting up this teeny little paragraph up here since lately I've been getting a few semi-irate to mildly disapproving comments expressing opposition to my thoughts regarding this book.

If you have been a victim of acquaintance rape or been sexually harassed/assaulted by someone you were familiar with and this book helped you heal in any way whatsoever or you could relate to Jackie's actions, then those are your personal feelings. And it is perfectly okay to have your own...more
S.C. Stephens
I am so stinking in love with this book! It had everything I love—romance, heartache, friendship, a mysterious, compelling, sexy as hell leading man (I may be completely head over heels in love with Lucas now. No, I definitely am.) It also touched on a very serious subject in a realistic way that drew you into the minds and hearts of the characters. I could see myself reacting in the same way, having the exact same thoughts. It really spoke to me, and Tammara’s notes on the end…I’ll be honest, I...more
♥Rachel♥
Jun 04, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Read-along with Jenn
Shelves: favorites, cover-love

After reading this story, I had to ask myself, why have I never read a Tammara Webber story before?!! This story was UNPUTDOWNABLE!

Jacqueline Wallace followed her boyfriend of three years, Kennedy, to college and then unexpectedly, he dumps her to sow his wild oats. Jacqueline is devastated and for two-weeks she can't bring herself to face him in the economics class they share. She finally realizes that no guy is worth failing a class and trashing her GPA. So Jacqueline goes to the teacher and...more
Abbi Glines
I loved Tammara's Between the Lines series. I've read all three books in the series more than once. So, when I found out she was writing a book with college aged characters, I was thrilled. Easy did not let me down. From the moment I began reading it I couldn't walk away from it. I cried, I laughed, I yelled and I cheered. It's an emotional journey that I wasn't expecting. I suggest you READ IT. This is one that will keep you up reading all night long.
Stacia (out of inspiration)
Love is not the absence of logic but logic examined and recalculated - heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart

This might be my favorite book of Webber's to date. There's something about the stories she writes which makes me throw out my preset ideas of what I wouldn't like in a book. She rearranges my reservations and makes me want to know more about her flawed characters.
"When I registered for econ, I had no idea that I'd be in for this level of reality-show drama. It's l
Karla
5 HUGE STARS!! When I picked up this book I was hoping to get an angst-filled young adult romance, with a swoon-worthy dreamy boy, that would propel me back to my youth…make me feel young… and give me that floating on a cloud feeling. I got all that and SO MUCH MORE!!

I’m not going to delve in the plot, because there is much to be said about the element of surprise and the impact it holds. So much is better just left unsaid. However, I will say that this is a book about choices, the nasty and t...more
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Okay, this was such a great book. Sweet but not cheesy or immature... mature but not too adult... the perfect cross-over book. I'll definitely be looking for more by this very talented author!

I might write more of a review if I can think of some way to do this story justice. For now, this must suffice.

Wendy Darling
Wow, what a huge surprise this was! Unexpected layers, a heroine who develops over the course of the book, and a seriously, seriously crush-worthy guy.

Aestas Book Blog
Le sigh.... I wanted to love this book. I really did. But the characters frustrated me to no end. I did however, love Lucas and Jacqueline - the parts of the book where they were actually interacting were by far the highlights of the story for me.

The hero and heroine just did not make what I'd call smart relationship decisions. I was really rooting for them and they WERE utterly adorable together, but they just didn't seem to be very functional for a vast majority of the book.

I felt like they ke...more
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Where the magic happens http://toughcriticbookreviews.blogspo...

Ever since I read Tammara Weber's Between the Lines series I have been obsessively counting down the days, the hours, the minutes, the teeny tiny nanoseconds until her next release. I was beyond intrigued with her writing style in Between the Lines and even though I was a little indifferent (the story just wasn't for me, but her writing was absolutely phenom--wait for it...enal) I wanted more, I craved more and reading between the l...more
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
Spoiler Free Review
5 STAR Read
Genre: Mature YA-Romance

" Ooh, J, he's got ink, too. Just when i didn't think he could get any hotter..." Erin in Easy

3 WORDS- "Future Professional Standing"...
1 Phrase- "As a heart attack"...
And a horny boyfriend change Jacqueline's life as she knows it

Jacqueline has just started her sophomore year in college when she finds her self being dumped by Kennedy her boyfriend of three years. Kennedy decides that this is the time of his life where he should take advantage...more
Rose
Pre-read thoughts: I was in a lengthy debate with myself over the measure of whether I wanted to read it or not, but I've decided to just give it a go. I'll admit I'm critical because many NA titles have left me burned as a result and I can't say I've had many to speak fondly of considering some of the issues they have and how they've approached them. I'm going to approach this with an open mind and see if it surprises me, though.

Post-read thoughts: I'm just going to copy verbatim what I said in...more
Ian
This book totally blew me away. It deals with the very difficult issue of sexual assault, the lack of support victims receive, and the way victims are often made to feel at fault.
It's a book about the resilience of one young woman and a very small group of friends who support her.

I can't fault this book. It's well written and well researched with characters you like from the very beginning (and some characters you want to beat six ways to Sunday).
Saly
I bow to the power of GR, I mean personally I wouldn't have picked up this book if not for the glowing reviews of my friends and that would have been my loss, since this book was awesome. People have written awesome reviews about this so I won't, just jot down my dis-jointed thoughts.

This book felt so real, the depiction of Jackie as a girl who followed her boyfriend of three years to a college of his choice instead of her own dreams felt real, her confusion after he broke up with her felt real...more
Melissa
Oh man I need days to write a review for a book that took me hours to read.
Jae
I read a YA story? Voluntarily? And I liked it?

Shockingly, this book was great. Cannot deny the writing style, the plot or the characters. All were engaging and kept me hooked from the start. And yes, I said great .

Lucas and Jacqueline

"I'm ambitious, but I can succeed almost anywhere. What I can't do anywhere is be with you. Choosing to be with you isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline. It's easy. Incredibly easy."

I still need a moment to absorb this YA thing.
Joana

"Love is not the absence of logic but logic examined and recalculated heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart"

This is the story of Jacqueline and Lucas...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Lucas and Jacqueline met in a very extreme circumstance , in which Lucas saves her.
When before she never noticed him, now she sees him everywhere. The attraction and chemistry between the two of them is undeniable.
However, there are secrets and unsolved issues that may keep them apart from each other.

I got to say that i comp...more
Samantha Young
Wow. Just wow. I'm actually pretty blown away by 'Easy'. This wasn't your average 'boy meets girl' story at all. Unbelievably well-written, 'Easy' kicks ass for so many reasons. Dealing with subject matter that is raw and stark, Tammara Webber effortlessly balances gritty reality with touching sensitivity. The dialogue is perfect (it makes me go all fangirl) and every moment between Lucas and Jacqueline is so authentic I defy anyone not to feel some kind of attachment to these two characters. Th...more
Anne OK
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED

“Easy” does it! Combines a powerful message confronting real life issues including violence/rape on college campuses with a well-written story of young love between two beautiful characters. I was captivated and mesmerized from the explosive beginning. An unforgettable journey follows and the memory will linger long after you reach “The End.”

I struggled with writing this review – I wanted to do justice to the “awesomeness” of this story. But, alas, I surrender. I’m not a wr...more
Marie
5 HUGE STARS!
I seem to be giving a lot of 5 star ratings out lately!!
WOW I cannot believe I waited so long to read this!!
If you haven't read this yet READ IT-NOW!!
For one thing if you haven't read this you have not met LUCAS
And HE is worth meeting- TRUST ME ;)
Giselle
An amazing story involving first loves and true loves, Easy by Tammara Webber is highly emotional as it involves the topic of rape and a dark past, but in the end it remains a very heartwarming love story.

In a story like this the characters--their development and likeable qualities--are the most important, and this is where Tammara excels. As much as Jacqueline is created with tons of layers and a personality you can't help but adore, Lucas' character, with his tattoos, his Harley, and an extrem...more
Easy 5 66 Apr 21, 2014 11:51AM
Jacqueline's Appearnce 3 90 Apr 17, 2014 05:47PM
Easy 1 18 Apr 07, 2014 05:27PM
I Love You 11 140 Apr 04, 2014 10:40PM
Addicted to YA: Easy 22 318 Apr 02, 2014 09:33AM
Would You Consider... 3 98 Feb 21, 2014 08:34PM
Reactions 10 131 Feb 18, 2014 04:35PM
  • Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)
  • The Sea of Tranquility
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Slammed (Slammed, #1)
  • Slow Twitch (Brenna Blixen, #3)
  • Flat-Out Love (Flat-Out Love, #1)
  • Clash (Crash, #2)
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
  • Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken, #1)
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding, #2)
  • Ruin (Ruin, #1)
  • Vain (The Seven Deadly, #1)
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
  • Effortless (Thoughtless, #2)
  • Unteachable
  • Going Under
  • Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)
Author of Breakable, Easy, and the Between the Lines series.

I'm a former undergraduate academic advisor, married to my high school sweetheart, mother to three adult children and four very immature cats.

Please check my blog for book updates. If you have questions, I have an FAQ tab there, with a public email address listed for anything not covered. :)
More about Tammara Webber...
Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) Where You Are (Between the Lines, #2) Good For You (Between the Lines, #3) Here Without You (Between the Lines, #4) Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2)

20 trivia questions
5 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Love is not the absence of logic
but logic examined and recalculated
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart”
1433 likes
“Choosing to be with you, isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline...It's easy. Incredibly easy.” 710 likes