Start by marking “Thanksgiving Prayer: Thanksgiving Prayer\A Handful of Heaven” as Want to Read:
Thanksgiving Prayer: Thanksgiving Prayer\A Handful of Heaven

Thanksgiving Prayer: Thanksgiving Prayer\A Handful of Heaven

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  261 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Before Claudia Masters even meets Seth Lessinger, she leaves him a message from the Psalms: "May the Lord give you the desire of your heart." She knows there's something different about this man. Something special. And meeting him only confirms it.

For his part, Seth, who is a new Christian, immediately recognizes that Claudia is the woman for him&am
Published September 25th 2012 by Harlequin (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Thanksgiving Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thanksgiving Prayer

Deborah Vespo
I gave this a three, even though the first by Debbie Macomber would have been a 1. I really didn't like the main character Seth, he had very little substance to him and I found myself annoyed with him when he was angry with Claudia over not wanting to move to Alaska after knowing him for only 6 days. She was going to medical school and had dreams of being a really good doctor and he wanted her to move to Alaska because of what? - He was handsome and a good kisser? He needed to have a little more ...more
Linda
Stories by Debbie Macomber are always good, heartwarming stories. This one is about a young women who is attending med school in Seattle who meets and falls in love with a man who has a business and lives in Alaska. He can't live in big cities and she wants to finish med school. Compromises have to be made.

This book also includes A Handful of Heaven by Jillian Hart. This was a good story of two divorced people who had been hurt by their marriage and were afraid to trust love again.
Donna
Good book to read during Thanksgiving season. It was very inciteful.
Judie Dooley
I decided to read this book because Thanksgiving is so close. This book was actually 2 books in 1.

Thanksgiving Prayer By Debbie Macomber and also A Handful of Heaven by Jillian Hart

I enjoyed both stories. Good clean love stories with twists and turns. Believable characters and settings. They both show that that love comes in mysterious way.Never give up trying to find the one who is meant for you.

enjoy reading.
Marissa Joyce
Wow... Seth is one scary dude. Controlling, impatient, unwilling to compromise on anything... WHY are we supposed to be pulling for him? Run! Run away Claudia! Gods will is NOT for you to be bossed around by an emotionally abusive man for the rest of your life!
Sherrill Watson
Seth comes to Washington from Nome, Alaska, meets Claudia, proposes, then is angry when she won't marry him within a week. But he's PRAYED about it! She's to give up her studies as a doctor and move to a town of a few thousand just to be with him.

Please.

P.S. She goes.

P.P.S. I gave it a poor rating because I just couldn't stomach it.
Nadine Keels
Review of Thanksgiving Prayer

I loved all the Seattle (my hometown) references: the Space Needle, the University of Washington, Pike Place Market, the Pacific Science Center, and even a Seahawks game! It has to be an old Hawks team, since the football game takes place at the Kingdome, which doesn't exist anymore. (The Dome was torn down in 2000--one part to update that was missed when this story, originally written in the 80s, was updated for its 2012 publishing.)

Seth takes this light Thanksgiv
Bonnie
Thanksgiving Prayer was a pretty good book. I stayed up to finish it, couldn't wait until the morning. But......Seth was unreasonable when he expected Claudia, after only six days of knowing her, to leave college when she wants to be a doctor, to move to Nome, Alaska to marry him because his job is there. He won't leave his job for her but wants her to leave her dream to be with him. At first I really liked this BIG, bearded guy, from Alaska. Plus the connecting they felt for each other right fr ...more
Marina
Thanksgiving Prayer by Debbie Macomber was too religious for me. Thus I give it 3 stars. I just felt uncomfortable reading the story when usually I love her writing. A Handful of Heaven by Jillian Hart I give 4 stars. It was religious as well but the story and characters kept me interested.=0)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
Note to Self: Seattle and Alaska
Thanksgiving Prayer by Debbie Macomber
Claudia Masters(Christian,wa
Elizabeth
Don
Now that the holidays are near, it's time to explore those seasonal books I've intentionally avoided all year long.

I was happy to find that a Thanksgiving book had been added to the BARD collection and so I decided to start with that. Surprisingly, I ignored all of the warning signals which should have kept me away from this one. It consists of two stories, the first of which was written by Debbie Macomber who wrote the worst book I read during the 2012 holiday season. In addition, this is a Har
Nancy Anderson
Claudia is a medical student in Seattle. Seth lives in Nome,Alaska. 4 star rom
Despite too much angst & some gross editing errors I (surprise 2 me) give this 5 stars! Evan & Paige. A wonderful 2nd chance story. Soppy & satisfying :)!! Montana..diner owner..parenting..empty nest.
Michele Tanton
Debbie Macomber's Thanksgiving Prayer was a real page turner. A Handful of Heaven was good too, however it kept repeating itself over and over again, so it was rather drawn out. I would have preferred less repetitive reflection to the past and more of the here and now.
Melissa Brasil
As a devout fan of Debbie Macomber, this was a huge disappointment. It did not have that feeling of a traditional Macomber book. I was left feeling, "eh" when I really wanted to try and embrace this book and the characters.
Linda Shook
Cute story. I have to say I was a little concerned about the obsessive behavior of Seth. But I guess he was a man on a mission and that was to find love and a wife. I loved the setting of Nome, Alaska. Such a difficult life for all who live there.
Lauren
Debbie Macomber is good for a light read, which this was for the most part. The second novel was actually better, I think. Both were good, though.
Cj
did not finish ... do not enjoy religious books
Liked the bonus book better.
Cheryl Crigger
It was a good book, but I have read better of Debbie Macomber's.
Margaret Fraleigh
I am a fan of Debbie Macomber and I haven't read any of her books that I do not like.

Thanksgiving Pryer is a wonderful story. Thoroughly enjoyed it, couldn't but the book down.

I also enjoyed the bonus book by Jillian Hart A Handful of Heaven. She too is an excellent
author.

Highly recommend this book.
Sandra
The first story by Macomber was unpleasant to read. I didn't care for the hero, who was demanding and rude. If I'd have met that guy in real life I would assume he was abusive.

The second story was much better though it ultimately failed to hold my attention.
Jack
Disregarding subject matter, which itself is as contrived as it is disingenuous, these two novels barely qualify as English. A syphilitic chimp at a typewriter could do far better; perhaps that's what's next for Harlequin.
Lori
This is a two in one - and I have to say I don't think I'll ever read another Jillian Hart(1 star if that), yawn, yawn. Macomber(3 star) is a predictable fluff read after a very intellectually stimulating read.
Rachel
Really liked Thanksgiving Prayer by Debbie Macomber bit I did not like the second story A Handful of Heaven by Jillian Hart. I stopped reading this story after couple of chapters.
Jodie
This book was okay. You could tell of course it was one of her earlier books. I guess reading her books now I expect a lot from her. So I was a little disappointed.
Sandy Forman-Johnson
too religious for me, both stories in this double book. very disappointed especially in Debbie Macomber, this was definately not her best work or even close to it.
Angela9600
I wouldn't say the first story was my fav of DM- but it was intense to read in terms of emotion. The second story I was less emotionally intense and more fun.
Sheila
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Lauren
I just love these types of books! I love romance, but things seemed to move unrealistically fast. Other than that, I really loved these two books!
Skye
You can tell this was one of Debbie macomber's earlier novels and with keeping that in mind I still enjoyed it very much.
  • A Family for Thanksgiving
  • Only Forever \ Thunderbolt over Texas
  • A Handful of Heaven (The McKaslin Clan: Series 2, #4)
  • A Day Away: One Summer / Temptation
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • To Love and Protect
  • No More Mr. Nice
  • The Wedding Promise
  • Let It Snow
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Angel Mine
  • Holiday Hideout
  • More Than Words, Volume 6 (Includes: Virgin River, #11.1)
  • The Mistress / Wanted: Mistress and Mother
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Eyes of Eagles (Eagles, #1)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)