Start by marking “Mr. Right, Next Door!” as Want to Read:
Mr. Right, Next Door!

Mr. Right, Next Door!

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  14 reviews
When financial executive Sophie Messina's weekend is disrupted by a DIY-loving neighbor, she's fuming and marches upstairs to complain. But her reaction to gorgeous Grant Templeton shocks her. The man is pure temptation!
The pretty workaholic throws ex-architect Grant off balance just as much--he doesn't know where Sophie's burning ambition comes from, but he knows exactly
Published September 4th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Right, Next Door!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Right, Next Door!

Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Reviewd by: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

Mr. Right, Next Door! Is right up my 5 star rating alley!

Gasp! It is an older woman, younger guy Romance… Yes! it’s a harlequin :) shocking I know! But it totally worked with this story.

Ladies let me warn you that DIY contractor Grant is just de-li-cious!

Sophie and Grant are two wonderfully written characters…polar opposites yet exactly what the other needs but not necessarily what they think they want….but fate and love sure gets in their way to HEA.

I
Susan
Okay book. Sophie is a driven, career focused woman. She is also a workaholic who even works at home on the weekends. Her weekends lately have been disrupted by her neighbor's renovation work and she's finally had enough. When she goes upstairs to complain she is stunned by the gorgeous guy that he is. He is also very laid back and ten years younger than she is. Grant was once as driven as she is, but a tragedy forced him to reevaluate his life. Now he makes sure to have balance in his life and ...more
Donna Alward
I love Barb's books and I loved this one too, reading it in nearly one sitting. Her hero, Grant, is delicious, and I could totally see scenes in my head (especially the one on the stairs near the end). It was great to escape to New York and the charm of the brownstone where Sophie and Grant lived, too.

Sophie's had a rough go with her past and Grant's reason for changing his life broke my heart, making them both wary of falling in love. It's a sweet, charming read!

A heads up for bonus materials
Harlequin Books
Category: Classic Romance

"Sophie learns a lesson in not focusing so much on work and success from her younger neighbor, Grant. In the process, the reader will laugh and have their heart touched by her struggles of over-coming an emotionally crippling past. Grant had his own issues to work through. He suffered from extreme guilt and it took a lot of soul searching to open up to risk again. Overall, I found it to be a very entertaining and compelling read. ~ Kim"
Julie sundstrom
I found that the writing flow was easy which made it easy to read and to enjoy. I'm not a normal romance reader but i will be keeping my eyes out for more books by Barbara Wallace. This book is sweet and funny.
Lindy
This would be good for anyone who likes 'sweet' romances. I read to the part where it should have gotten interesting...and it didn't. DNF.
Julia Broadbooks
Really loved the ending of this one.
Amy Rachiele
Light and fun with a twist of sensibility. The central characters are in a contemporary role reversal. Grant and Sophie are setting themselves apart from each as polar opposites. The older woman is the workaholic and the younger man is expelling himself from the main stream daily grind. Can they find a happy medium?
There is a good level of angst and denial between the characters in the novel and this manifests into the premise and plot. The characters are believable and likable. Virtues and valu
Jess
Closed door romance, with definite references to sex, which must be the romance line's thing. I didn't love this, but I liked it. Older heroine, younger hero, and a book about life/work balance. I did think it might have come together sort of fast, but eh. Maybe I am becoming numb to that.
Diane
It was okay. For a 40 year-old woman to be that obsessed with her age (she's already in reading glasses--pretty unusual for 40), is a little crazy. That part annoyed me. But as writers go, I liked her more than most.
Marijayne Stegman
Pleasurable story with intense relationship that comes alive. Heroine could be somewhat unlikable at first when is so wrapped up in her work and there are a couple of associated stretches
léamh
Lectura fácil y entretenida; aunque trata de la relación entre un hombre más joven que la dama y hubo alusiones sexuales a todo lo largo del relato, fue muy rosa.
Rachel

I won this book from a goodreads drawing. It's a light fresh easy read. Loved the characters
Netty
Nice little flufffest!
Krissi
Krissi marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Tr
Tr marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Belladonna
Belladonna marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Nancy Elizabeth
Nancy Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Presley
Presley marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Kristin W
Kristin W marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Nanny for the Millionaire's Twins
  • New York's Finest Rebel
  • Not Just the Greek's Wife
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Cracking the Dating Code (The Wests, #2)
  • The Navy SEAL's Bride
  • Wedded in Sin (Bridal Favors, #2)
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • Unexpected Family
  • Behind Palace Doors (Hollywood #3)
  • Defying the Prince
  • The Man Behind the Scars
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • Must Like Kids
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • Bringing Home the Bachelor
  • Christmas with Her Boss
  • Sleigh Ride with the Rancher
Barbara Wallace has been a life-long romantic and daydreamer so it's not surprising she decided to become a writer at age eight. However, it wasn't until a co-worker handed her a romance novel that she knew where her stories belonged. For years she limited her dreams to nights, weekends and commuter train trips while working as a communications specialist, PR freelancer and full-time mom. At the u ...more
More about Barbara Wallace...
Weekend Agreement The Cinderella Bride Beauty and the Brooding Boss The Man Behind the Mask The Billionaire's Matchmaker: An Indulgence Anthology