Start by marking “The Highlander's Stolen Touch (The MacLerie Clan #5)” as Want to Read:
The Highlander's Stolen Touch (The MacLerie Clan #5)

The Highlander's Stolen Touch (The MacLerie Clan #5)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  215 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Ciara Robertson has loved formidable Highlander Tavis MacLerie all her life. She watched, brokenhearted, while he married and lost another. Now, finally of marriageable age, Ciara throws her heart at his feet....

Tavis knows that innocent Ciara thinks she's in love with him - but she deserves better. Painful experience has proved that he's a far better warrior than husband,

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Historical #1106, 288 pages
Published August 21st 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Highlander's Stolen Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highlander's Stolen Touch

Outlander by Diana GabaldonKiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Dark Highlander by Karen Marie MoningBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie MoningThe Bride by Julie Garwood
Best Highland/Scotland Romance Novels
267th out of 460 books — 1,651 voters
Never Love a Highlander by Maya BanksHighlander Most Wanted by Maya BanksIn Bed with a Highlander by Maya BanksA Kiss for a Highlander by Jane GodmanIf You Deceive by Kresley Cole
Men In Kilts
126th out of 134 books — 71 voters

More lists with this book...

Kari
Sep 11, 2013 Kari rated it liked it
This was a sweet story, where we get lots of updates on the characters in the previous books in the series. It may be read as a stand-alone.

It tells the story of Ciara, who was adopted by the MacLerie clan when she was 5, and Tavis MacLerie, a highlander warrior and beloved member of the clan.

Ciara has always been in love with Tavis, and they were good friends even though Tavis was much older. Tavis marries another woman when Ciara is still a child. When he becomes a widower and Ciara reaches
Barbee
Feb 26, 2014 Barbee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
This review is from: The Highlander's Stolen Touch (Kindle Edition)
I have been reading Terri Brisbin books for years and she never ceases to amaze me. I love The MacLerie books the first time around with Taming, Surrender and Possesses by a Highland and was so excited to hear she was doing another generation this time with the children of the original book. As I loved the original series, I see this will go in the same direction as I just loved The Highlander's Stolen Touch.

This book's heroine i
Isabel  Almeida (Os Livros Nossos)
uma história deliciosamente romântica, com uma heroína que desafia os estereótipos da condição feminina na Escócia Medieval, e um herói forte, que tenta combater culpas do passado.

Em breve, crítica completa no blog Os Livros Nossos
Al'abordage Delaculture
L’avis de Chica :
Deuxième livre de cette collection que je dévore ce mois-ci et c’est de nouveau un coup de cœur ! De la magie à l’état pur, saupoudrée de sensualité, d’humour, de tendresse et d’amour.
Retour dans nos Highlands adorées pour ce premier tome de L’honneur du clan mais qui est en fait une suite d’une autre série de Terri Brisbin et plus particulièrement du tome 3 : Noces Scandaleuses. Je ne le savais pas du tout et je l’ai réalisé en débutant ma lecture puisque Ciara dont il est ques
Melinda
Mar 28, 2015 Melinda rated it really liked it

I’m glad the series went back to the 1300s. The last book was set in the 1800s so I didn’t get to see all the characters that I’ve grown to love. Now it is back in the 1300s but the children of the leading characters from book one, two and three are grown up or growing up.

This book is about Ciara, daughter of Duncan and Marion from the third book in the series. Ciara was five in that book. Now she is an adult. She is well educated and has been training with Duncan, her step-father to negotiate
Deanne
Dec 30, 2012 Deanne rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book!!!! The best one so far I have read from Ms.Brisbin.

This is Ciara's story.
Ciara is the step daughter of Duncan Mclerie and daughter to Marian Robertson .
who is madly inlove with her childhood hero Tavis ...

So far this the most well written by Terri Brissbin!!!
Lily Herondale
Nov 06, 2013 Lily Herondale rated it liked it
Muy lento el desarrollo de la trama, me desespero mucho, lo termine porque no me gusta dejar inconclusos los libros. YA para finalizar mejoro un poco, se me hizo todo muy repetitivo, diálogos aburridos, estresantes.
El final fue lo que lo salvo.
Chris
Sep 30, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this Highland historical, found it very moving and didn't want to put it down. I found the planning of the arranged marriages storyline quite refreshing and look forward to reading more from Terri Brisbin.
Kim
Feb 20, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kim by: tammy skaggs
was really good
Susan
Good book. Ciara had known Tavis since she was a child and had loved him the whole time. When she was a child he had been kind to her and as she got older they became friends. Tavis fell in love and married another woman who later died. He swore then that he would never marry again. Ciara went to him and told him of her feelings but he told her they weren't possible between them. She needed to marry so she accepted another man. Tavis was assigned to lead the men taking her and a friend to visit ...more
Cris
Eu ja havia lido alguns livros dessa serie MacLerie algum tempo atrás, e esse livro é uma continuação do Possuída por desejo (http://www.skoob.com.br/livro/64648) com a filhinha da Marian, Ciara e o Tavis, que na época que se passava essa historia era ainda um garoto. Demorei um pouquinho para engatar e lembrar de tudo, e se não tivesse lido o outro antes eu tinha ficado um pouco perdida, pois muitos fatos que acontecem neste livro remontam ao anterior.

Ciara, desde criança é apaixonada pelo Tavi
Kat Evans
May 30, 2014 Kat Evans rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Kat by: no one
While I really liked this book there was just too much yo-yoing going on for my liking. Is she over him? Is she not? Can she move on? Can she not? Does he want her? Does he not? Then out of the blue her intended runs off with her best friend? Um...nah. I will not be reading this again.
Ingrid Hahn
Nov 19, 2015 Ingrid Hahn rated it really liked it
Very sweet. I'm new to the series, so I didn't know some of the characters as well as those who've read more of Terri Brisbin. Enjoyable (if a tiny bit slow in places) and definitely makes me want to read more of her books.
Mymyworm
Bonne histoire mais pas exceptionnelle non plus. Un héros un peu fade à mon goût comparé à la demoiselle et son tempérament!

Ma chronique ici : http://songedunenuitdete.com/2014/09/...
Apr 07, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Book 5 in Terri Brisbin's MacLerie series, The Higlander's Stolen Touch, was as engaging and well developed as it's predecessors. The two main characters, Ciara and Tavis were introduced in earlier works and their struggle to accept their love was a highly enjoyable reading experience. Full of honor and struggling passions this series continues on with another successful story to capture the readers imagination.
Pang Lor
Jan 21, 2015 Pang Lor rated it it was ok
like the rating shows... it was an OK read to pass time
Gail
Jul 10, 2014 Gail rated it it was amazing
I'm generally stingy with five-star reviews, but I loved this romance novel! Both main characters are truly appealing, and the story moves along at a nice clip. Brisbin generally writes intelligently, and I found the book difficult to put down. The book is as formulaic as any romance novel and I'm not quite sure why it stood out to me as an excellent one, but I couldn't put it down!
Karen
Probably more like 3.5 stars. I really like author Terri Brisbin and am always excited when she has a new book out. I also find the Harlequin Historicals a nice, easy and always enjoyable read. I didn't realise that The Highlander's Stolen Touch had a connection to some of Terri's previous books, the MacLerie series which I had read some of quite some time ago.
Angela Smith
Jun 16, 2014 Angela Smith rated it liked it
Certain things about this book drove me nuts, especially the overuse of the word "Mayhap" & "Twas" It reminded me of Robin Hood Men in Tights and how Maid Marion spoke in that movie. The story was okay, but nothing memorable.
Oct 12, 2012 Jennifer rated it liked it
Good book but not great. Rather dull compared to the other books in the series. I did like the characters, just not an exciting story.
Sonya
Feb 19, 2013 Sonya rated it liked it
Enjoy it.... It was like stepping in film the way play out :)
Jessie
Mar 06, 2015 Jessie rated it it was ok
Not as good as the rest of the rest of the series.
Harlequin Historical
Paola
May 14, 2013 Paola rated it liked it
Amy
Oct 29, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
good
M.S
M.S marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Noemi Bowers
Noemi Bowers rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Noella
Noella rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Carol
Carol added it
Feb 04, 2016
  • Falling For The Highland Rogue (Gilvrys Of Dunross, #3)
  • To Wed a Wicked Highlander (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #3)
  • The Trouble With Highlanders (The Sutherlands #2)
  • How to Ruin a Reputation
  • A Rose In The Storm (Scottish Medieval, #2)
  • Forbidden Jewel of India (Herriard, #1)
  • The Shy Duchess
  • The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • Defiant in the Viking's Bed (Victorious Vikings #3)
  • Rumors that Ruined a Lady (Armstrong Sisters #4)
  • Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret
  • Lady with the Devil's Scar
  • To Dream of a Highlander (Highland Fae Chronicles #2)
  • Tempting the Highlander (The McTiernays, #4)
Terri Brisbin is a USA TODAY Bestselling author and three-time RWA RITA finalist, and has had her historical and paranormal romances published in more than 20 languages and 25 countries around the world since 1998. She’s written more than 33 novels, novellas and short stories for Berkley/Jove, Harlequin and Kensington Books. Now working on more romances for NAL/Signet and Harlequin, Terri has also ...more
More about Terri Brisbin...

The MacLerie Clan (8 books)
  • Taming the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #1)
  • Surrender to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #2)
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • The Earl's Secret (The MacLerie Clan #4)
  • At the Highlander's Mercy (The MacLerie Clan, #6)
  • The Highlander's Dangerous Temptation (The MacLerie Clan #7)
  • Yield to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #8)