Start by marking “Navy SEAL Rescuer (Heroes for Hire, #7)” as Want to Read:
Navy SEAL Rescuer (Heroes for Hire, #7)

Navy SEAL Rescuer (Heroes for Hire #7)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  23 reviews
After four years in prison for crimes she didn't commit, Catherine Miller just wants to lie low at her isolated farmhouse. But someone still thinks she's guilty—and should pay the ultimate price. Someone angry enough to spray-paint murderer on her home and attack her in broad daylight. Her neighbor, former navy SEAL Darius Osborne, vows to hunt down her predator. The hands ...more
Published September 4th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

Rhonda
Navy Seal Rescuer by Shirlee McCoy
4 STARS Catherine Miller spent four years in prison for murders she did not commit. Now she was home in her family home with the grandma who raised her. She only wants to be left alone. Her house keeps getting vandalized and now someone tried to kill her. She tried to run to the house that was down the road and she fought her attacker enough that he had to stop choking her to get her hands off him and was able to scream loud. Darius Osborne was outside his hous
Judine
Catherine's anger, as well as her desire for freedom and an independent life are understandable, but with a backstory as interesting as hers, I wish we had been given more details, instead of the glossing over that she does when she meets Darius. I like both of these characters, but think some of the physical language could have been toned down a bit.
Jill
Like all the Love Inspired books you know what will happen. You just have to read the book to know how it will happen! Faith plays a part in each story, lost then found. When I got to the end of this one, I had to read a little late into the night to finish it! Catherine and Darius.
Judy
Navy SEAL Rescuer by Shirlee McCoy
Heroes for Hire Series Book 7
Catherine Miller had been in prison for four years and free only a few months now. She just wants to keep to herself and be with her grandmother, Eileen, who is quite ill. Even though she was innocent of the crimes that put her away….people won’t leave it be. Someone has been vandalizing their home and vehicle. And now it’s getting up close and physical. Why can’t she just be left alone? To finally have freedom only to lose it to the
Ashley Dawn
Loved this book. Catherine has returned home after being wrongfully imprisoned for 4 years. Now she is home and it seems there are some in town that don't believe in her innocence and plan to make her pay. She meets Darius, her new neighbor, when he saves her from a potentially deadly attack. He becomes a bodyguard, protector and friend. Now Darius has to keep the woman that intrigues him alive and find who is trying to kill her before they manage to succeed.
The characters were perfectly written
Heidi
Catherine Miller, the heroine of the story is a tough cookie and interesting character. Instantly, the story starts off with a bang as Catherine is thrust into danger from the onset. A vandal accuses her of being a murderer, and later, Catherine is attacked.

Though as any good romantic suspense story would have it, handsome neighbor Darius Osborne shows up to lend a friendly hand. And like Catherine, Darius carries some baggage of his own. Still with someone out to harm poor Catherine, who just w
Stephanie Collins
This is going to be a short, sweet review. I liked this book and enjoyed the main characters but would have liked a bit more time to get to know everyone before it was just wrapped up.

Darius is a former Navy Seal now security expert that just so happens to live next door to a woman who was falsely accused of murder. He's sexy and very protective once his instincts are triggered. He quickly falls for our heroine but has a few things of his own to work thru. I liked him and loved his ability to pl
Christy
I joined the LoveInspired club a while back, so I was fortunate enough to read this before it Amazon (or at least I didn't see it there). After four years in prison for crimes she did not commit, Catherine is freed, exoranted of all charges and granted her freedom. However, freedom is not as enjoyable or "free" as she had hoped. Someone is out to get her for the mercy killings they feel she did commit, despite evidence proving otherwise.

I understand Catherine's anger, her desire for freedom and
I loved Darius and Catherine because life dealt them a cruel blow but they never lost sight of God! Catherine spent four years in prison for a crime she didn't commit and after she's released threats on her life begin. The killer does't count on former navy Seal Darius Osbourne coming to Catherine's rescue and being her personal bodyguard. Time is running out for Cat and Darius needs to figure out who wants her dead.
Susan
Kind of a rushed ending that didn't really wrap things up very well.
Krista
I really enjoyed one of Shirlee McCoy's other novels, so I thought I'd give this one a try. Honestly, it's not a Bad book; it's just not as good as the story I'd read previously. I really love mystery and suspense, and though this had elements of those two things, it had a few too many cliche things - things about destiny and eternity and love from the moment they met kinds of sentiments - for my taste. I almost hate to say it like that, because it was an enjoyable read. Just not as good (for me ...more
Heather
A fun, action filled read.
Barbara
Catherine is released after spending four years in prison for a crime she didn't commit. However, she's attacked at her home and it's clear that someone is trying to silence her for good. A former Navy SEAL, Darius Osborne, lives next door to her and offers his protection while she cares for her grandmother, Eileen. There's a deep dark secret that involves Catherine in the story, which provides a nice twist at the end.
June

Have enjoyed all of Shirlee McCoy's LI Suspense books including this one. Didn't know who the bad guy was until the very end.
Christine
Eh. Nice and clean. Hero could have been anything. Labeled SEAL but nothing stood him out to be authentic.
Lisa (Fic Talk)

Well-written, engaging characters, a little unbelievable but not a bad read overall.
Carissa

Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Heroes for Hire
Category: Inspirational Romance
Rita
To me the story wasn't quite finished ,I wanted more...
John Hanscom
Maybe 3 1/2. Slightly better than average.
Jen
Great book recommended read.
Scharlotte
Quick easy read.
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Sommer
Sommer marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Sharon Green
Sharon Green marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
  • Standing Guard
  • The Black Sheep's Redemption (Fitzgerald Bay #5)
  • The Deputy's Duty (Fitzgerald Bay, #6)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma #2)
  • The Missing Monarch (Reclaiming the Crown #4)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Zero Visibility
  • Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #241) (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Ricochet
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)

Heroes for Hire (9 books)
  • Running for Cover (Heroes for Hire, #1)
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3)
  • Lone Defender (Heroes for Hire, #4)
  • Private Eye Protector (Heroes for Hire, #5)
  • Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)
  • Fugitive (Heroes for Hire, #8)
  • Defender for Hire (Heroes for Hire, #9)
Safe by the Marshal's Side (Witness Protection) Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3) Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1) Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6) Fugitive (Heroes for Hire, #8)

“You're something special, Darius, and I'm just...me. Hurt and hard and not ready for anything but a little peace."

"I'm not asking anything of you."

"That's the problem. If you were, it would be easy to deny you, but you never ask anything. You're just...there, and I need you to be, and that scares me.”
0 likes