Start by marking “Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1)” as Want to Read:
Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1)

Run the Risk (Love Undercover #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  5,643 ratings  ·  446 reviews
When Detective Logan Riske goes undercover to find Pepper Yates, a potential link to his best friend’s unsolved murder, he vows to gain her cooperation by any means necessary. But the elusive beauty is more suspicious—and in far more danger—than he expected. And the last thing Logan needs is to start caring for her…

Pepper has spent years dodging the corrupt club owner who
Published September 25th 2012 by Harlequin HQN (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Run the Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Run the Risk

Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Having very much enjoyed Lori Foster’s Edge of Honor series, I embarked on this one full of expectations. She’s always written great romantic suspense novels with incredibly alpha heroes to die for and I was expecting more of the same here.

I have to say I was decidedly underwhelmed by the first half of the book to the point of almost giving up. EVERYONE is lying and hiding something and no one is who they seem and they’re not an easy bunch to like.

Basic synopsis – Pepper and Rowdy Yates are hidi
Dee
I loved Lori's last series (Men Who Walk The Edge of Honor)and was sad when it came to an end but she promised us a fantastic series that we would love just as much...so was she wrong?....NO she wasn't!! Although this is a seperate series it carries on with the same theme of drug smuggling and trafficking of young women.

Normally with a big build up of a book we are often left disappointed but I sure wasn't! Within the first few chapters I was gripped and loving the story and instantly loved the
Shawna
2 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

I’m a fan of LF’s Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series and had high hopes for her new series, but this first installment was sadly disappointing. I didn’t feel any connection between the H/h other than lust, and their HEA was whiplash fast and trite. The suspense part of the story was rather dull and definitely didn’t make up for the inadequate romance. Overall, this was a lackluster read that I’m really glad I got free from the library. Despite
KatLynne
Detective Logan Riske is working undercover searching for the man whom he believes was an eye witness to the murder of his best friend. In order to find the elusive Rowdy Yates, he sets himself up as a construction worker and neighbor to Rowdy’s sister, Pepper. Believing she will be the link to lead him to her brother, he is ruthless in his pursuit and will go to any lengths necessary to obtain the information.

Pepper Yates is hiding secrets. For years she’s been dodging the corrupt club owner wh
Lisa Kay

★★★★✩ (This is a review of the audiobook.) I haven’t been a big fan of Jim Frangione's narration in the past; I think it is his cadence. Nevertheless, I love this author, so I gave him another try. He does a nice enough job here; not a lot of differentiation, and with his deep voice, it is hard for him to do the women. I will probably go on with the series on audio, so he wasn't awful.

I have always called Lori Foster my “Iron Woman.” She doesn't receive many five stars from me; but then she rar
-C-
Great book! I really enjoyed the story! It had a little bit of everything.

“Let me leave you my number. Anything comes up, or if anyone bothers you-"

"You're bothering me.”
MsRomanticReads

How do you catch a killer when the only witness is on the run and can't be found? Answer: you go undercover and try to get close to the witness' sister.
Two years ago, Detective Logan Riske's best friend was murdered. With no evidence and no witnesses, the culprit is still roaming free, but Logan wants justice and revenge. When he learns that the witness Rowdy Yates has a sister safely tucked away away, posing as an apartment building manager, he decides to go undercover as a construction worker
Elizabeth (Liz)
Believing that Pepper Yates possibly has information regarding the murder of his best friend, Detective Logan Riske goes undercover in order to get close to her. He is determined to do whatever is necessary to learn whatever she may know. However, he soon learns that she may be in real danger, and that he is beginning to care for her much more than he should.

After spending several years in hiding from the criminal club owner whose main goal is to keep Pepper from telling what she knows, Pepper r
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
I am a HUGE fan of Lori Foster. Men Who Walk The Edge Of Honor series, The Buckhorn Brothers series, and The Fighter series are some of my favorites. I was so excited to read that Lori was releasing the Love Undercover series. I couldn't wait to read. Lori writes some of the best Alpha heroes along with heroines that are their perfect fit.

I struggled through the first half of Run The Risk. Not because of the writing or the story, because I was definitely pulled into it from the beginning, but f
Fani

A well written but otherwise pretty run-of-the-mill romantic suspense that would have earned at least one extra star from me, had the heroine been more likable or dropped her pointless charade at trying to hide her apparently Pamela Anderson-like 'assets', sooner. Her speech about taking out Morton's men, was laughable to say the least, and shows her for the silly, ninja-wanna-be chick she trully is, rather than the strong, fearless woman she thinks herself as:
"She settled her purse in
Holly
Lori Foster has hit another home run with this first in her up coming new series Love Undercover!!

Logan Riske and Pepper Yates live in a world where things are not always as they appear. Logan is an undercover cop heading the task force to bring down a notoriously bad guy, who incidentally murdered his best friend and he thinks that Pepper is his link to do just that. Logan, posing as a construction worker attempts to charm his neighbor Sue Meeks, who is actually Pepper in a rather amazing disgu
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5
Favorite Line - "Although, the way she'd just looked at him, sort of eye-raping him" & “Let me leave you my number. Anything comes up, or if anyone bothers you-" "You're bothering me.”
Favorite Character - Pepper

I was surprised by how much i enjoyed this book! It had a good amount of suspense & a sprinkle of humor too. I don't think i have read anything else by this author but if all her books are like this i will certainly check them out :)
I liked Pepper a l
Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
3 1/2 - 4 Stars

I have been a huge Lori Foster fan for many years and several of her books are on my all time favorites shelf....she has so many great books just thinking of them makes me want to reread several right now!!!!!

This was good but not a favorite but I have extremely high hopes for Bare It All and Getting Rowdy.

♥Rachel♥
This was entertaining but the narrator's cadence was a little stilted. His male voices were good but I wasn't thrilled with his performance of the female characters.

The story was fun and hot but a little too much is spent on secondary characters as setup for coming books.
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Dear Ms.Foster,

I have been a big fan of your writing for quite a while. Jude's Law is one of my favorite romance novels. A funny thing has happened though. After your first book in the Men of Honor series I've DNF'd three or four of your books so far.

Why? Well, I can tell you why this one has been sitting unfinished like a sad puppy on my dresser since its release day.

1.) Pepper Yates. For some reason I could not stand Pepper. I understood why she was waffling and that she had a secret that ha
Trish
4.5 Stars
ARC copy provided by Net Galley

I have been in love with Lori's stories since picking up Simon Says (Fighter Series, Book Two) and she is an auto-buy for me. She writes how I wish I could-with passion, emotion, flavor, pizazz, and humor. LOVE LOVE LOVE HER...

So when I saw that she was starting another series, I cried for joy. After finishing her latest series, Men Who Walk The Edge of Honor, I have been pacing restlessly for more of her books. Honestly, I haven't come across a Foster n
Kat (idangerous)
Nov 19, 2012 Kat (idangerous) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lori Foster Fans and people who like Contemporary romance novels
6/3/12- *drools* o.o look at the man candy on the cover! makes me think of Erik in True Blood. *drools some more*

*Updated* 11/12/12

OMG!! LORI I LOVE YOU!! I really loved Logan in this! Then the surprise twist of his love interest! Dang! I didn't see that coming! I figured it was a jealous ex or something but nope! Then Reese, Logan and him work together, totally genius luv! I'd recommend this book to any Lori Foster fan, and people who want a book that is greatly written and leaves you wanting t
Lisa
This is book 1 in Lori Foster's brand new heavily anticipated series Love Undercover! I was really excited to get the chance to read and review it. I loved her Men who Walk the Edge of Honor series so i was hoping that this series would be just as good. Logan Risk is trying to worm his way into Pepper Yates life in the hopes of finding her brother who he thinks is the key to finding out who murdered his friend 2 years ago. He won't take no for a answer in his many attempts to get her to let him ...more
Loved this book! Obviously, we will get books for Reese and Rowdy, but I'm kind of hoping for a couple more HEAs from characters that we meet along the way.

Detective Logan Fiske is on the case. He's undercover looking to solve a the mystery of who killed his best friend. The lone eyewitness, Rowdy Yates, has disappeared with his sister. In an effort to draw Rowdy out and get to the bottom of what really happened, Logan finds Rowdy's sister while she's in hiding. He makes it his mission to do wha
Darcy
I am torn with this book. I didn’t really like the Pepper/Sue at the start of the book. You knew she was hiding something, her whole attraction/sex with Logan with clothes on drove me nuts. I also didn’t care for the Logan at the start of the book. I know that when working under cover the police act in ways out of their character. For me, Logan crossed a line when he had sex with Pepper, which is why I had a hard time liking him.

After the truth started coming out I was surprised by the change i
Anna's Herding Cats!
Originally posted at Herding Cats & Burning Soup

Ooooo fantastic start to a new series by one of my favorite authors!! Run the Risk was a excellent read and a great way to spend an afternoon. The couple was...interesting, the light suspense kept me turning the pages and damn if Foster's secondary characters weren't just to die for.

I loved the set up for Run the Risk. It's got a good gritty storyline of sleazy criminals and police corruption but at the same time never feels too heavy or dark.
Alisia
Written for : Beyond Reading

(Most unfortunately, my italics were lost in transit)

Run the Risk was a thrilling read with that oh-so loved edge of mystery. The characters were all written almost precisely. Pepper was exactly what I expected and everything I didn't - I won't spoil that one. Even with her initial plain-Jane, mousy looks, she and Logan could barely keep their hands off of each other - talk about chemistry. Logan, I also loved, right from the beginning. Even despite the less-than-ide
Naomi
Pepper Yates is living in an apartment alone & using the alias Sue Meeks. Her hot new neighbour Logan (undercover cop) strikes up a friendship with her as a way to get to her brother Rowdy for questioning about his best friend's murder. Pepper & Logan soon become friends with benefits & they both start developing feelings which go beyond friendship. As the story progresses there is betrayal, murder etc which makes for an exciting read with a fantastic ending.

I really enjoyed Run the
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Neither of them are what they seem, yet despite pretending to be someone their not, they still find love...

All-star author, Lori Foster, puts an intriguing spin on romantic suspense in the debut book for her new series, Love Undercover.

Logan Riske is undercover; looking for answers to the murder of his best friend. Answers that he knows Pepper Yates and her cagey brother can provide. But Pepper has been hiding for a long time and her and her brother are masters at pretending to be someone their
Susan
Good book. It started out a bit slow for me, as the previous series books seemed to jump right into the action. Pepper is hiding out as manager of an apartment building, trying to stay safe from the man who wants her dead. She has disguised her looks and mannerisms and is pretty darn dull. When Logan moves in and starts trying to hit on her, she is really confused but definitely attracted. Logan is undercover trying to get close to her so that he can catch her brother. He is determined to do wha ...more
Lexi
I received this as an ARC from NetGalley.

Run the Risk is a book full of romance, intrigue and action. Detective Logan Riske goes undercover to bring down the slimy, but well-connected Morton Andrews the man who is responsible for the murder of Jack Carmin, a friend of his. Morton owned a local club called Checkers and had plenty of cops on the take and looking the other way as he conducted his illegal activities. After Jack’s murder, a man named Rowdy Yates who worked as a bouncer at Checkers ga
Simone
Yes I liked it, but didn't love it.
From major angst in the beginning to the uncertainty of who to trust drove me nuts.
And hello - I couldn't believe the unveiling of Sue Meeks aka Mrs Dull-Grey who is actually, Pepper Yates
Not only did she not have burn scars, or disfigurement but I did not expect the brazen sex pot either:
'Yo Riske, make sure you get the rubbers from the store'
(Well not like that exactly, but you get my drift)
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Another new romance series from Lori Foster...I am SOOOO excited!! If the first book of the series is any indication of what is to come..well, let me just say...BRING THEM ON!!

You will be completely enraptured in the story from page one and will be begging for more. I couldn't get enough of the sizzling attraction between Logan and Pepper...can you say "Cold Shower Needed". The plot is original, the characters are spunky, tough and very sexy and Lori keeps you in suspense until the very end, who
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I think I did a status update around the 35% mark, I think I was pretty bored, nothing was happening, nothing was making sense and I thought I didn’t care. Well then, once it moved, it moved. I ended up really enjoying the story and the suspense. The undercover aspect was everywhere in the book, threaded through and I loved it. This book was really hot, perfect really. I have been looking for a romantic suspense with more than fade to black love scenes and this was nicely done. I am definitely r ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Run The Risk is the first in the new romantic suspense series Love Undercover by Lori Foster. Detective Logan Riske goes undercover to find a key witness in the murder of a friend of his. That leads him next door to Pepper Yates, the witness' sister.

While no real surprises, I still enjoyed it. The focus was more on the romance of Logan and Pepper but we got glimpses into the lives of the other characters who will be having their stories told. Ms Foster has always been a favorite author and she
  • Killing Time (One Eyed Jacks, #1)
  • The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers, #1)
  • Hush (Lodestone Trilogy, #1)
  • If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
  • Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc., #4)
  • Against the Storm (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #4)
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • Free Fall (Elite Force, #4)
  • Red Heat (Men In Uniform, #1)
  • Whispers in the Dark (KGI, #4)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)

“Let me leave you my number. Anything comes up, or if anyone bothers you-"

"You're bothering me.”