Covet (The Clann, #2)

Covet (The Clann #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  2,476 ratings  ·  278 reviews
Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart.

Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a sea of hostile Clann faces, Sav tries to come to terms with what she's becoming and what that means for her future. And that some...more
Published September 25th 2012 by HarlequinTeen

YA Novels of 2012
317th out of 1,226 books — 9,740 voters
Pandemonium by Lauren OliverHallowed by Cynthia HandFever by Lauren DeStefanoA Million Suns by Beth RevisThe Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
2012 YA/MG Sequels
77th out of 142 books — 839 voters

More lists with this book...

Oceana Fern
Sep 23, 2012 Oceana Fern marked it as non-merci
I've been laughing for two hundred years at the old US cover:

Whoops, I mean:

Photobucket
Sam
Covet commences where Crave left off, following our romantic duo, Savannah and Tristan, as they spend their last few hours together on a plane. Following promises made to the Vampire Council and hostility received from the Witches’ Clann, Savannah and Tristan find themselves back where they started - caught in forbidden love, forced apart, but desperate to be together.

“How could two people seem so perfect together, be so happy together, and yet be so wrong in so many others’ eyes?”

Admittedly, C...more
Luce
Mar 31, 2012 Luce marked it as to-read
I'm excited for the book but that cover is drop dead UGLY. Good thing i'm getting on my kindle so i don't have to look at it while i'm reading
Anastasia & Demitra
OMG that is not the cover! I feel like some hidden cameramen should appear, and yell out, "You've been pranked!"

The Release Date ? = DEATH

Not mine though, let me get GMAIL started up. I'm considering asking the publishers if they'd like to be held responsible for my INSANITY.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
David Anderson
so if svannah is half witch and half vampire this cover makes it look like she now is a fucking serial killer. this is hideous

Nelly
Jun 13, 2012 Nelly marked it as to-read
Change the cover it's weird and ugly.
Tegan
May 12, 2012 Tegan marked it as to-read
Ok, well I found the first book quite confusing. The girl is half witch half vampire, and when she goes to school after she's told it just gets weirder from there. But I found it sweet when they had them both captured and she doesn't hurt him. However this new cover with no offence intended, is DISGUSTING! Please change it! The only reason I actually read the first book was because the cover attracted me and I'm one of those people who when you start a series you have to finish it.
Andrea Lin
Ok, not to be mean or anything... but i LOVED the first book. The cover was amazing too. But when I look at this cover, I'm like 'What?' Cuz you know what this reminds me of? the red queen in Alice in Wonderland. Seriously. I mean, I'm still going to read it... but... the cover is just really wierd.

Review update 9/10/12

Ok, so I finished reading covet and i gotta say... it was a-ma-zing!!! The only thing i don't get is how Emily has a child now.... And like seriously? Tristan is a vampire?? Ohh...more
Suzanne
Savannah makes a promise to the vampire council that she'll stopping dating Tristan. And back in Jacksonville, she makes the same promise to the clann, against the wishes and pleas of Tristan. She knows it's the right thing to do. She could kill him with a kiss, or the bloodlust could take over. It's harder for vampires to resist the descendants magic blood than it is a regular human, even for older vampires.

Savannah's vampire side is taking over and becoming stronger than the witch in her. Her...more
Taneika (Flipping Through The Pages...)
This cover scares me
*lower lip trembles*

But the Australian cover will be different (and hopefully beautiful). HAHAHAAAAAAAAA

Photobucket"
Nikki (Fiction Freak)
May 17, 2013 Nikki (Fiction Freak) marked it as to-read-old
Uuummm....loved Cover #1, but Cover #2 seems....uhhh....there's no way to say this nicely--drop dead UGLY. Hopefully the book is WAY better than the cover!
Jena
eagerly waiting for this! la la laaa! *wants*
Ashley  McElyea
Originally posted on my blog.

Cover Talk: I’m not going to lie…I don’t like it. The model’s expression is just….creepy. And again, I don’t understand why the model does not have epic red hair since Savannah is supposed to have red hair. It really bothers me.

First Impressions: I have only read two reviews of this book so far and both people loved it. I had very high expectations and I was looking forward to seeing Savannah grow and evolve into her vampiness.

First Few Chapters: This book had me alm...more
Kathryn
I could not put this book down... WOW!!! So much, *shakes head* way to much happens in here...
LOVED IT!!! Great sequel to book 1...

Full Review...also found at www.tsktskwhattoread2.blogspot.com

ARC from Netgalley
I was so excited to get Covet on Netgalley because book 1, Crave, was FANTASTIC!! I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen with Savannah and Tristan and when I opened up Covet, we picked up right where Crave ended...that dooming decision made by Savannah.
I was so sure that this d...more
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
**3 1/2 stars...rounding up because of the laughs the book solicited from me**

This cover had me worried. The cover for the first book wasn't great, but at least it didn't scare me away from reading the book. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I know that. But other than the forest in the background, I couldn't see what this cover had to do with the story. Plus, Savannah has red hair. I know the girl is in black and white and so her hair color is ambiguous, but it would have been more...more
Kt
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

To avoid a war between the Vampires and the Clann, Savannah broke things off with Tristan. Being separated from is the worst kind of torture, especially as she cannot seem to escape his constant presence and reminder of what she cannot have. Things are any easier outside of her romantic life either as she struggles with the complications of her vampiric side taking over, and the Clann's determination to ruin her life. Meanwhile, Tristan is b...more
The BookWhisperer
Savannah and Tristian’s story was left on a cliff hanger in Crave. With what appears to be a dead end we begin this still with on a sliver of hope that our beloved characters can find a way out of the this mess. With the Vampire Council and The Clann both aware of the recent developments between Savannah and Tristian it seems almost impossible that a future can exist. With their love on the line they are tested to the limits in this second installment, and I was anxious to get started. Unlike bo...more
Robin   Hartloff
The 1st book had to be one of the best books I have ever read! Can't wait to read this. I think the cover is beautiful btw. Everyone should just get over it.

For a long while, this book just went through and described the jealousy and hurt feelings of Tristan and Savannah because they can't be together. But, of course the book in the end turned up a lot of action and reveals mischeivious traitors.

Both Tristan and Savannah lose people they love. Heart ache shared on both sides, the vamps and the...more
Joyce
I just can't picture out Savannah looking like this girl in the cover. Pls don't disillusion me... I'm so looking forward to reading this book.
Emilee the Hipster Kitty Kat
To read, or not to read; That is the question
Marielle
This and other reviews on Book Thoughts by Marielle!

Covet, the second book in The Clann series was even better than the first one. And I liked the first one a lot, so that’s saying something.

I’m going to use the Goodreads summary for this one because I think that it does a really good job of describing it:

“Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart. Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilit...more
Aparajitabasu
The cover isn't really that amazing (sorry I really don't like it) but don't let it fool you, this next installment in the series is as intense if not much more than the first one. Presenting The Clann #2 Covet by Melissa Darnell.

Here is the summary of the book:

Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart.Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a...more
Katy
The first few chapters sucked me in and really broke my heart. After that, I alternated between annoyed and pissed. I loved Savannah and Tristan in Book 1, but here, they were so pathetically whiny. This book felt long, and it just got more depressing and irritating the further I went. The only exciting part was the last two chapters, but even then, that was predictable.

I guess I use to be a nicer person. Because the whole I-love-you-and-I-want-to-be-with-you-but-I-can't-so-I'm-going-to-sacrific...more
Andrea Heltsley
Argh....I can't wait for the third book in this series!!!!! I really enjoyed Crave but it was nowhere near as good as Covet. This book was awesome sauce.

The Romeo and Juliet thing that Tristan and Savannah have is so heart wrenching. I spent the whole book trying to figure out along with them how they could possibly be together. There love is so deep and the feelings are full of tension. Sparks fly whenever they are around each other. It is so romantic.

I loved the plot. There was so many plot l...more
Chelesbells
Covet, the second book in Melissa Darnell’s Clann Series, picks up exactly where we were left in Crave. Tristan, Savannah, and her father are on an uncomfortable return trip home, when one phone call changes their unpleasant homecoming to a terror-filled race against the clock. An intense few chapters later, I was in tears. There is so much heartbreak so early on in this novel. I truly felt Sav’s pain, and my heart ached for her and those closest to her.

Savannah is still dealing with all the ch...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Alright so here we go! Ms. Darnell certainly delivers an awesome story to the reader. Chapter after chapter, I dove myself deeper into the story never wanting to step out.

What I loved most about this book is the characters. Much has happen since and Savannah is learning thing the hard way. She is stronger and much wiser in this book. She knows what she needs to do despite how is affects her feelings. Plus, with her growing vampire side, Savannah is also growing her culture. She is learning more...more
Kelly Sierra
Just received this from the publisher and author, through NetGalley.com. Thank You, review to come shortly!

UPDATE

Let us talk about the sophomore slump most book series get into. Usually most people anticipate the second, third, fourth, etc. book of a series, but then are completely disappointed because nothing useful happened and it was more like filler. Well, that was not an issue for Darnell's series The Clann.

In the second book of this series, Covet, Savannah and Tristan are right were we le...more
(Source: Purchased on kindle from Amazon.co.uk.)
This is the second book in the ‘The Clann’ series, and kicks off where book 1 ‘Crave’ left off.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for book 1 ‘Crave’.**
Savanna has just promised the vampires that she will stop seeing Tristan, and is now travelling back home with him and her father, when she learns that her grandmother has been kidnapped by the Clann.
Can Savanna rescue her grandmother? Can she stay away from Tristan? And does anything actually hap...more
Celine
Review originally posted in: http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com.au/...

Cover:
I like how the cover still has the same theme as the first one, although the background is red compared to the cover of the first book. I definitely prefer the Aussie cover over the US cover because the US cover actually looks creepy.

Story:

Would you let your love go, even if it hurts so badly for their sake?

Savannah's answer to this question would be yes. Covet picks up directly from Crave's ending. Sav and Tristan are on...more
Berna
This was a great book. There was lots of adventure and changes and truth telling moments! A lot of drama and struggling as well.

I loved it! The only thing that bothered me was not seeing Savannah and Tristan as a couple. Him "dating" Brittany? Seriously, dude, it was obviously you were leading her on!

Love Ron and Anne! Such great friends! She's reckless and stubborn and he's sweet and caring. Lovables! I was shocked by Ron's secret. Didn't see that one coming.

I felt so bad about her Nana and...more
Ron Abernathy? 3 17 Nov 17, 2012 12:22AM
Tristan 1 11 Oct 17, 2012 02:39PM
Who loved covet? 4 12 Oct 01, 2012 09:26PM
Covet Review 1 12 Sep 29, 2012 07:52PM
  • Blood-Kissed Sky (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #2)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • Blood and Snow: The Complete Set
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Foretold (Daughters Of Saraqael, #3)
  • Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Blood Solstice (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #3)
  • Graced (Dream Realms Trilogy, #3 Part 1)
  • Allegiance (Legacy, #2)
  • The Wicked Within (Gods & Monsters, #3)
  • Vanquished (Crusade, #3)
  • Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
Melissa Darnell is the author of a growing list of adult, New Adult and Young Ault fiction and nonfiction books. Born in California, she grew up in Texas and has also called the following states home since then: Utah, West Virginia, Louisiana, Alabama, Kentucky, Iowa and South Dakota. She currently lives in Nebraska with her husband Tim and two sons, Hunter and Alexander, where she enjoys watching...more
More about Melissa Darnell...
Crave (The Clann, #1) Consume (The Clann, #3) Dance with Darkness (The Clann Series, Adult) The Source Midnight Girls Series #2: Scent of Revenge

“I’m not perfect. And I don’t have to be. I can figure it out as I go, and as long as I do the best I can, it’s okay if I still screw up.” 23 likes