Start by marking “Defying the Prince” as Want to Read:
Defying the Prince

Defying the Prince (The Santina Crown #5)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  32 reviews
It was a night filled with scandal, but pop princess Izzy Jackson really took the crown! Royal and VIP guests were reportedly horrified at the singer and reality-TV star's impromptu performance at her sister's royal engagement party.It was left to Prince Matteo, second in line to the throne, to whisk tipsy starlet Izzy offstage, into his limo and straight to his luxury pal ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 256 pages
Published August 21st 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Defying the Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defying the Prince

Dalia
What a fun read !! Talk about opposites attract & personalities clash : An uptight prince, an outgoing, outspoken wanna be pop singer, witty dialogue and a scalding attraction they tried their best to resist. Matteo didnt know what hit him. At first, I was worried about not connecting with Izzy's character, but as she revealed her true self, Matteo - and me - couldn't help falling in love with her. Izzy's song was very evocative & beautifuly waved in the story.
RLA

I don't know what she does but Sarah Morgan's books always have an added something special about them that makes them shine, and this one is no exception.

I could not get enough of the heroine Izzy she's quirky , a little silly even, but also soft and determined. I loved her! And as for the hero, well, he's judgemental, a bit of a snob but oh-so-sexy! What a pair these two characters make, and they bounce off each other perfectly. The banter between them is phenomenal - not many romance
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
As always with Sarah Morgan's stories, I feel uplifted and happy after reading one. This was no exception.
The story moves well and is easy to read. I had to learn to love Izzy, the heroine, as I found her annoying to begin with. Little did I know that was what everyone else was doing and all she wanted was to be seen for who she really is. Izzy is also the only one who can bring down the defences of the prince.
Sarah Morgan reeled me in once more. Both hero and heroine were great ! A really fee
Nas Dean
DEFYING THE PRINCE by author Sarah Morgan is a September 2012 release for Harlequin Presents. It is book 5 from ‘The Santina Crown’ miniseries.

The Royal Saga continues…..

Pop Princess Izzy Jackson’s scandalous behavior at the engagement of her step sister and the Crown Prince brings her to the eye of Prince Matteo. After which he whisks her away in his limo to his palazzo. Would he understand this misunderstood pop diva?

Then they start working on a charity concert. After the success of the conce
Sara  HarlequinJunkie

Reviewd by: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

OMG what a truly fun read Defying the Prince was, I so totally enjoyed this book.

I was a bit apprehensive about Izzy at the start of the book, but I totally fell in love with her character by chapter three. I think Izzy totally rocked this book from start to end.

I like the underlining thread to this story about not judging people on sight and I think Izzy Song Says it best:
Look at me, I’m not who you see,
Deep inside there’s someone else, longing to brea
Vashti
Sarah Morgan is truly versatile.Her books can range from angsty, emotional reads to one that is flirty and comical.This latest in the Santina Crown falls into the later .Loved the banter between Izzy and Matteo ,there conversations had me cracking up a few times.Solid read.
Angela James
I loved this book. I thought it was so much fun. At first, I wasn't sure if I'd like Izzy, but I ended up really finding her fun and adorable. This book is lighthearted, with great dialogue and an ending that's fairy tale perfect but makes you smile because the whole story is so fun.
Jessica
hik hik hik, it's sooooo niceeeeeeeee. oh my godddd, my heart went all the way doki doki and i almost cried because of how romantic they are! i even didn't sleep and spent my whole night to read this till the end although i have exam tomorrow XDD

I like the heroine's character, Izzy. she's so brave, witty, cheerful, full of confidence and also fragile. she knows how to sweep away those negative comments and prejudice about her. i love her character and she's my inspiration now. she's strong and i
Julie Bonello
A disgraced pop princess finds herself falling in love with a brooding prince in Sarah Morgan’s contribution to The Santina Crown continuity: Defying the Prince.

When wild child Izzy Jackson had taken part in a TV talent show, she thought that her future as a singing sensation was assured. After years of dreaming of becoming a chart-topping pop star, Izzy’s dream finally looked like it was within reach; but unfortunately her record flopped and her fledgling career was over before it even started.
Fanny Roswita Ria
Digambarkan sang heroine, Isabel "Izzy" Jackson adalah pembuat onar akut yang melakukan sabotase dalam pertunangan sang kakak tiri, Allegra Jackson dan pangeran Allesandro Santina, untuk merebut perhatian dari Pangeran Matteo Santina yang tidak lain adalah sang hero. Target hariannya sudah jelas, mendongkrak dan menyukseskan dirinya di dunia musik melalui campur tangan sang hero.

Dimata semua orang, termasuk sang hero, Izzy adalah kupu-kupu pesta ditambah dengan reputasi "buruk" keluarga Jackson
Aisha
In a few words, this is, in my opinion, the best book of the series, along with Playing the royal game.

Izzy was a great heroine an Matteo, oh, Matteo...

I read the whole series in both english and spanish languages, and I have to say that the story touched me deeply. Izzy is so underestimated and she demonstrates a lot of strenght when she doesn't gives up on her dream. She is, without a doubt, the heart and soul of this story.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

What happens when a person has labeled, categorized, pigeon-holed and dismissed another person without getting to know them? What kind of sparks can fly when they’re faced with the reality that what they thought they knew of the other person was all wrong? That pretty much sums up the conflict of this story but doesn’t even begin to touch the emotions that make this tale so amazing. Nor does it hint at the depth of feeling these chara
Miss Echa
Look at me...
I'm not what you see...
Deep inside there's a part of me, longing to break free....

itu lirik lagu ciptaan Izzy Jackson... Cewek yg bertalenta buat jadi Pop Star tp gak prnh dipedulikan sm keluarganya malah dianggap jadi disaster bg keluarganya... Bahkan hanya utk dgr dy nyanyi... Saking desperate-nya pengen jd penyanyi Izzy pengen nunjukin bakatnya itu di dpn Prince Matteo yg terkenal dgn charity even-nya... Dan sekali lagi gak ada satupun yg mw dengar dy nyanyi... Dan dgn kejam dit
Daybelisbaez
aaaw ,Me encanto! Al principio tenia mucha reticencia con el personaje de Izzy y estaba predispuesta a que no me gustara por lo que se habia dejado entrever en los demas libros y BUM!! la veo en este ,la veo realmente sus capas su verdadero ser y me enamoro. Me encanto de principio a fin ,los dialogos estuvieron super bien estructurados ,las situaciones ,el plot ,lo sarcastico y divertido de los personajes y Matteo wao ,un personaje oscuro ,que facilmente puedes odiar ,pero cuando lo conoces wao ...more
Marina Andreou
Ena apo ta pio wraia kai pio as to poume xioumoristika aisthimatika arlekin pu diavasa.To diaskedas afanatasta,gelasa kai sygkinithika.I irwwida einai enas thisayros me tis apisteytes skines otan sthn arxi prospathei na tragoydisei kai ena komis-pringipas na trexei na thn fygadeysei gia na mhn xalasei to party arravwnwn toy adelfou toy.einai ti na pw me enthousiase!!!Den to perimena etsi.Bravo Sarah because u write such a wonderful storie.I enjoy it so much!!!
Hilly
2 stars.

Meh. The writing was fine, but the hero was inconsistently cruel, the heroine was pluckily saccharine, and there were no other characters to speak of. Cinderella meets (Beauty's) the Beast? The H/h's siblings were hinted at only enough to imply that their story is published in a separate book.

So, a quick read, but not a substantive one.

Krystean
Started out wanting to smack the heroine which is pretty much the premise of the book...wrong first impressions, forming snap judgments about people. Liked it by the end.
Janice
Matteo and Izzy are dynamite together. Once again a book in the Santina Crown series doesn't disappoint. Amazing series. Do yourself a favor and read it.
Mandi Schreiner
Really cute book with an uptight prince, and a wanna be singer. Adorable - their personality clashes were fun to read.

Full review to come.
Shh I'm reading!
She seemed like such a child,m and really woe is me. I couldn't get into it.
Tawnya
Excellent!!! Love the plot of teaching the Prince not to form judgment's.
Kerry Connor
One of my very favorites of all the Presents I've been reading lately.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Santina Crown
Category: Classic Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Santina Crown
Category: Classic Romance
Ann Murphy
Brilliant, witty dialogue throughout.
Tanya Mayes
Love conquers all!!! Good read
Jennifer Mcpherson
Best in the seriesso far...good
Radhika
it was a real fun read.....
  • The Man Behind the Scars
  • Princess From The Shadows (The Santina Crown, #6)
  • Santina's Scandalous Princess
  • Playing the Greek's Game (What His Money Can't Buy #2)
  • His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • The Girl Nobody Wanted
  • A Night of Living Dangerously (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • The Legend of de Marco (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • Undone by His Touch
  • Contract with Consequences
  • The Ice Prince (Orisini Brides, #1)
  • Playing The Royal Game (#8 The Santina Crown)
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • Bride for Real
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes hot, happy contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She has been nominated four years in succession for the prestigious RITA© Award from the Romance Writers of America and has won the award twice, in 2012 and 2013. She also won the RT Reviewers' Choice Award in 2012 and has made n
More about Sarah Morgan...
Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1) Doukakis's Apprentice Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara #1) Ripped (Miller Sisters, #1) A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1)

“I want to introduce the world to my princess.’
In a state of disbelief, Izzy took his hand and they walked back towards the stage.
Happiness bubbled up inside her as it slowly dawned on her that this was real. She lifted her
face to look at him. ‘I think I’m going to look cute in a tiara. I’ve never worn anything sparkly on
my head before.’
He laughed and tightened his grip on her hand. ‘First thing tomorrow I’m going to buy you one.’
‘Slow down.’ She winced and stooped to fiddle with her feet. ‘My shoes are hurting.’
‘This is not news. Your shoes are always hurting, tesoro.’
‘Do princesses absolutely have to wear shoes at all times?’
A slow smile spread across his face and he scooped her into his arms and carried her the last
few steps onto the stage. ‘Of course not. Didn’t you read Cinderella?”
5 likes