Start by marking “The Missing Monarch (Reclaiming the Crown #4)” as Want to Read:
The Missing Monarch (Reclaiming the Crown #4)

The Missing Monarch (Reclaiming the Crown #4)

Six years ago Crown Prince Thaddeus abandoned his new bride and went into hiding. His motive was to protect his country and his family from a ruthless tyrant. But when his estranged wife tracks him down, Thaddeus knows it's time to make a stand. Restore the royal line. And reclaim the crown. Yet just as he learns about the family's new addition—his and Monica's son—little ...more
Published September 4th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Missing Monarch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Missing Monarch

Hannah
Actually, it's probably my least favorite of the series because initially Thaddeus is really hard to like. He's run away to save the crown, but left his wife high and dry and his siblings in a fix, and he's the one complaining about how God hasn't taken care of him enough. Thankfully, he does get over his tantrum and man up, but it may be just too late to save Lydia or his marriage...he may have to pick between them. Suddenly neither of them looked sweeter to an exile like him...

I loved
Jessica
Dec 16, 2012 Jessica rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
Things I wish I had realized when I was reading the synopsis of this book:

1. It's not a fantasy, but a romance novel.
2. It's not just a romance, it's a Christian romance.
3. It's the fourth book in a series.

Even without these three hits against it (to be fair, I probably could have figured out the first one by looking at the cover a little more closely), I still would not have cared for this book at all.

It's been a long time since I've read a romance novel, but do all of them have such a transpar
Judy
Sep 04, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
The Missing Monarch by Rachelle McCalla
Reclaiming the Crown Series Book 4
Prince Thaddeus of Lydia, Heir to the crown, has been in hiding for over six years. His father made a deal with a madman and the only way to escape it was for Thad to leave. Only it didn’t work. Octavian, known as 8, has been terrorizing the small Christian Kingdom of Lydia in other ways. Using whoever he could as his pawns. So far his family have been overcoming whatever the madman threw at them. Only now he found a way to
Melanie
Jul 02, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3VAD4MP...
Review on my blog (to be posted 9/21): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

It's official - I loved the entire Reclaiming the Crown series! While Prince Incognito is still my favorite, The Missing Monarch is a close second! I loved this book from the beginning pages on - it was great to be back in Lydia!

The Missing Monarch was different from the first three books in the fact that it didn't start with a retelling of the motorcade ambush
Beth
May 20, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-inspired
"Sometimes what looks like the end is really just the beginning." Best quote of the book. I love this series and this final book, when the missing Lydian sibling Thaddeus returns to take his rightful place as king is the best one IMO. I've often felt the way Thad did - that I've made too many mistakes to even want to try again for a hopeful future, and that hiding away from my mistakes will at least keep me from hurting more than I do already. I've always been so afraid of failing the ones I lov ...more
Glenda Parker
Sep 24, 2012 Glenda Parker rated it it was amazing
The final book in this series and it is so exciting. I love how she brings it all together. I would encourage you to read it I know you will like it.
Coral
Feb 22, 2017 Coral rated it liked it
Plot: 3/5
Characterisation: 2/5
Prose: 3/5
How much I enjoyed it: 2/5
Christy
Jul 24, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it
"Sometimes what looks like the end is really the beginning," author Rachelle McCalla says. I think that's an excellent way to describe this book. Six years ago Crown Prince Thaddeus (Thadd) abandoned his new bride (Monica) & went into hiding. In doing so, his intention was to protect his family & country. When Monica shows up, Thadd learns the two share a son Peter. Thadd wants Monica to return to thr saftey of her home, but she refuses. The two face a lot of challenges & dangerous t ...more
June
Jul 28, 2012 June rated it it was amazing
So we finally get to learn about the Monarch and what lead him to disappearing years ago. And to learn that he had a wife and son was almost as shocking to me as having a son was shocking to him :) I love Rachelle McCalla's books. The characters are so real to life and the situations are always so real too. Anxious to see what she does with this new beginning since the end isn't always as it appears. Loved all the characters in this series.
Jenny
Aug 21, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
I haven't read a LoveInspired book in about a decade. I enjoyed this one even more than the ones I've read in the past. Had the same faith aspects combined with enough suspense to keep you quite involved. I'm glad it's the first one I decided to read since then. I might have to read all the other Lydia books.
Judine
Jul 15, 2013 Judine rated it it was amazing
Aside from the awkwardness of introducing characters from earlier books in the series, this is my favorite of the four. Thad and Monica's conflicts are genuine (especially when arguing over what to do when their son is kidnapped) and their previous relationship makes the time frame believable.
Jen
May 08, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
A great conclusion to the royal crown of Lydia. Just like the previous books, I couldn't put it down till I got to the end. I have really enjoyed this authors book and would gladly recommend it as a good read. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!
Melody
Oct 15, 2013 Melody rated it it was amazing
Great ending to the four part Reclaiming the Crown series! I was sad to actually see the stories end, even though I wanted to figure out how all the pieces fit together for the sweet Lydian kingdom. :)
Nina
Sep 02, 2012 Nina rated it it was amazing
This is the last in ther series "Reclaiming the Crown". Love them. Great read. Lots of action.
Doris Pearson
Aug 16, 2012 Doris Pearson rated it it was amazing
A little different wherein dealing with a husband who is a prince with a kingdom to worry about. Fast, exciting pace with a really bad villain.
Oct 31, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
These books are just what I needed while I was sick. I wish I could visit Lydia.
Jill
Aug 07, 2012 Jill rated it really liked it
Loose ends are tied up in this book. Happy ending as always. Another book should be out the end of the year and is a history (fictional) of the beginnings of the Christian country of Lydia.
Mistyblue
Jun 06, 2013 Mistyblue rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Ms. McCalla continues to delight me with her Lydia books. I can't wait to read the next ones!
John Hanscom
Sep 09, 2012 John Hanscom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somewhere between 3 1/2 and four. This series should not work, but does.
Kim
Mar 15, 2017 Kim added it
I enjoyed reading this book series it was interesting.
Cathy Daniel
Mar 10, 2017 Cathy Daniel rated it really liked it
I liked how this is a different type of plot from the usual LIS. I thought the hero was a dummy at first and running away was such a cowardly thing to do but he redeemed himself
Kara
Dec 30, 2013 Kara rated it really liked it
*loved this series*

My Comments
I was eager to get to this story and see how everything works out for this royal family I have come to love. At first, I wasn’t happy with Thad’s character at all. When Monica is forced to find him and explain to him what Octavian’s demanding, all Thad can think of is how this will affect him and his kingdom. Yes, his brother and sisters have taken risks and made sacrifices, but so has his wife and unexpected son. However, Thaddeus slowly comes to understand what th
Jolyn
Sep 28, 2016 Jolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice wrap-up to the series although I had forgotten some of the details from the previous stories (been a long time since I read them). The mystery/suspense aspect of this story was pretty intense which kept me turning to pages to see how it all turned out.
Amanda
May 04, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
This book had a little of everything and it was full of surprises and twists. Overall, it was a fun read.
Debra
Jul 10, 2014 Debra added it
okay
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Reclaiming the Crown
Category: Inspirational Romance
Paula Shreckhise
Jun 10, 2016 Paula Shreckhise rated it really liked it
Wonderful ending for a great series. There is another series by the same author, going back in time in Lydia. A fictional kingdom, the second series sets up the first one.
Charline Bonham
Jan 17, 2015 Charline Bonham rated it really liked it
Shelves: romanic-suspense
Now I have to find the other books in the series. Good read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Reclaiming the Crown
Category: Inspirational Romance
MistStorm
MistStorm rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Free Books, .99 &...: The Missing Monarch by Rachelle McCalla 2 71 Sep 25, 2012 01:25AM
Free Book Giveaway: The Missing Monarch by Rachelle McCalla 1 4 Sep 24, 2012 10:10PM
  • The Doctor's Defender (Protection Specialists, #3)
  • Navy SEAL Rescuer (Heroes for Hire, #7)
  • Flashpoint (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #204) (Emerald Coast 911, #4)
  • Standing Guard
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Ricochet
  • Dangerous Melody (Treasure Seekers #2)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)

Reclaiming the Crown (4 books)
  • Princess in Peril (Reclaiming The Crown, #1)
  • Protecting the Princess (Reclaiming The Crown, #2)
  • Prince Incognito (Reclaiming The Crown, #3)