Lady Outlaw

Lady Outlaw

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  38 reviews
No one would ever imagine a fresh-faced young woman could be robbing stage bandits of their ill-gotten fortunes. But Jennie Jones is desperate to save her family's ranch from foreclosure. And the risks seem worth it, until her upright new ranch hand offers a glimpse of how much is really at stake.Former bounty hunter Caleb Johnson is ready for a new, clean start. With a wo...more
Published September 4th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Outlaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Outlaw

Elana
Lady Outlaw is a fabulous book! It is a brilliantly plotted story of how love can be found, even in the wild west. Of how love can overcome the biggest odds.

I loved Jennie as a spunky stage-coach-robbing heroine who is desperate to save her farm. But I felll in love with Caleb--the reformed bounty hunter looking for a fresh start--too.

The development of Jennie and Caleb's relationship is really well done, something I think is a mark of an awesome romance. The writing is beautiful in every way,...more
Jenn
Stacy is an excellent writer and I feel confident giving this book 5 stars even though I haven't read the final version yet. Jennie is such a fun character, and I love Caleb as well. Great storyline, loved the ending, beautiful writing, and a fun plot that's not just another version of the same thing you've already read a hundred times. What more could you possibly want? :-) I can't wait to hold the actual book in my hands and read it again, though. :-D
Katie
I really enjoyed Stacy Henrie's writing style, character development, and story plot. Will keep an eye out for more books by her! :-)

Review to come.
Danyelle Ferguson
Lady Outlaw is a wonderful Love Inspired Historical novel. I enjoyed the old Midwest era and especially loved such a spunky main character! It was a fun twist that she's the one robbing stage bandits after they robbed stages. I could just imagine the surprise of a woman outsmarting the guys, just as if I were watching it on TV. Loved it! Of course, after meeting the handsome Caleb, Jennie starts to mend her ways. It was so nice to read a novel that focused on a friendship developing between the...more
Lisa
Very sweet - full review coming soon.
Renee
Rarely do I find the time to read all of the books that I want to read so unfortunately I don't get the chance to read the Love Inspired Historicals that Harlequin releases every month. Lady Outlaw, one of the 4 available this month is one of the few I was lucky enough to read. Those who enjoy these sweet romances are sure to find a new favorite author in Stacy Henrie and Lady Outlaw.

Lady Outlaw is the story of Jennie Jones an independent woman of the west who's struggling to keep the family ran...more
Julia Muldoon
I started reading this book because I won it on an online giveaway, and it was signed by the author, and I wanted to pay it forward and give this book an awesome review. It had a good premise, a woman starts stealing from bandits to save her farm, falls in love with a Cowboy. I LOVE romance. I have read a few cowboy romance novels and was entertained. I thought that this might work out well for both me and the book. It hasn't.

The problem - the religious overtones. I am not religious. This book...more
Melanie
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1KUNXUS...
Review to be posted (with a giveaway) on my blog 9/26: http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

4.5 stars.

Lady Outlaw is Stacy Henrie's debut novel and a book that I found to be a great read! I really liked the characters (especially Caleb) and it was great to see how some of the characters changed/grew.

I found the plot to Lady Outlaw very interesting - how a lady steals from thieves the money they had just stolen, all in order to try and...more
Rosalyn
Pretty, red-headed Jennie Jones owns a ranch in Southern Utah--it's the only thing she inherited from her father, and she'll do just about anything to keep it. After the bank threatens to foreclose on her ranch if she doesn't pay her remaining debt, Jennie discovers just what her limits are: after a chance encounter with some stage robbers, Jennie comes up with a daring plan to save her ranch--by stealing money from thieves. After all, she reasons, it's for a good cause, and the thieves would on...more
Heidi
I received this book from the author for an honest review

Go Girl Power! I love it when a woman is not always portrayed as the damsel in distress and can handle her own! This is what we find in Lady Outlaw when Jennie takes matters into her own hands to save her family ranch by walking a bit on the wild side! Maybe it isn't right to take from those who have taken, but in desperation you can see where someone in her position would act the way she did. This is a high adventure journey from shoot ou...more
Heather
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Waar

Lady Outlaw is an Inspirational historical romance that features a feisty redhead, Jennie Jones, as it’s heroine. I really liked the character of Jennie – she’s daring, bold, and outspoken. Jennie is doing dishonest work in the guise of doing it for the right reasons. Caleb is a man with his own troubled past who helps Jennie see the errs of her ways and helps her to see how God has not forsaken her if she would only just...more
Englishrose
This was a fun and exciting story. Nicely set is a quiet, old west town (though Utah isn't really part of the "Old West"), you are pulled into the minds, lives and personalities of all involved in this story. The characters were strong and each had their own well-developed growth and arcs. The romance was sweet and slow and realistic. Nicely rounded side characters filled the story in and pulled the reader onto the ranch itself. There was a slight tinge of the Christian slant, but it wasn't too...more
Kelly_Instalove
Grade: B-

“Is that what this is about? Making sacrifices?” He leaned forward. “A sacrifice is only worth something if it’s right. Sacrificing your integrity, your happiness, your freedom — that won’t bring you anything but misery. I know, because I tried.”

A strong-but-vulnerable heroine, an honorable beta hero with a believe tragic past, and a great set-up for the spot-on faith messages. But compared to my last read (The Reluctant Earl), Henrie’s storytelling and voice sagged. This was her debut...more
Gayle
Fun twist on the western romance where the heroine is actually stealing from the bandits. There is a religious aspect to the story too, but I didn't feel like it was too preachy.
Ali Cross
Sometimes there's just nothing better than settling in with a sweet love story and this one's got all the bells and whistles.

A headstrong and loyal main heroine who's more (misguided) villain than hero.

A faithful and kind hero who's busy trying not to fall in love.

Put these two together against a backdrop of ranching during hard times and you've got yourself a story rich with emotion, action and mystery.

I thought all the characters, even the walk-ons, were so well done that the whole town, thei...more
Leah
The story was fun but the development of the relationship wasn't as entrancing as it could have been.
Lauren Miller
Solid character arc showing growth of male and female leads. The book could perhaps have been enhanced by a different cover. I get that it's Jennie riding off but I really don't see the determination there, her stubborn nature, etc. Stacy Henrie provides a nice resolution for Jennie and Caleb's relationship while still emphasizing that sin has consequences and she highlights the importance of forgiveness. Inspirational fiction genre and a 'western' if you like that sort of thing. Thanks to the a...more
Andrea
I was a little skeptical about Lady Outlaw when I saw that it is a Harlequin novel, but apparently this is an "inspirational, love inspired historical" line that I didn't know existed amongst the Harlequin titles. It is a clean book, and captured my attention right away with its unlikely criminal and the somewhat familiar setting.

I enjoyed the characters, and my curiosity about Jennie being able to leave her life of crime kept me reading even when my attention waned around the middle of the book...more
Michele
When I saw the back cover, "Harlequin"-love inspired historical. I really wondered if I had it in me to read this book. I've never been that type. But, I know someone who knows the author, so I thought I would give it a try.
It takes place in Utah which makes it fun and Jennie is a good girl, just desperate to save her ranch. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It was very clean and fun to read about Beaver and places you drive through several times a year.
Melissa Tagg
There's so much to love about Stacy Henrie's debut novel. The western setting...the uniqueness of her heroine's, ahem, profession...and especially the spunkyness of her main character. I appreciated the quick pace of the author's writing and the attention to historical detail. And I wondered all the way through the book how in the world the heroine would untangle herself from the outlaw life she's gotten herself into. A wonderful debut from Stacy Henrie!
Alisa
Historical fiction has always been my favorite genre. And I especially love ones set in the Old American West. This YA novel is a very fun, clean read that I would happily recommend to my daughter, who will soon be a teenager. The themes of forgiveness, redemption, faith, family, and love run throughout the story, making it an uplifting read with great moral lessons. It is also exciting and fun to read, with a very nice romance.
Pauline Hansen
I've been waiting since 2008 for a book by this author to come out. I met her at a writer's conference, read an excerpt of her work, and loved her writing style immediately. Lady Outlaw is a wonderful original, a story line of which I've never read the likes of. The originality combined with attention to detail and a gripping plot kept me turning the pages until I reached the satisfying ending. Great read!
Laurie Franco
Loved this book. The way Jennie began robbing stage bandits was so cool. Loved that a woman was tough enough to do that! Also liked the love story between Jennie and Caleb, and thought the way Nathan responded to Caleb once he found out about Jennie's robberies was awesome. Really enjoyed this book, and would love to read more by this author.
Jill
I thought this was a fun story to get caught up in and it's awesome that I can say it is a good story written by a good friend. I think it would be so hard to write a book and so for a first story I didn't expect a book I wouldn't want to put down. It was though and I found it unique and refreshing as well as fun.
June

Page turner. This was a fun story to read. An outlaw robbing from outlaws but not seeing anything wrong with it because it had already been stolen. And In at least one case, she only took what was needed and turned the rest in with the original thieves. Well written story.
Houa
An inspirational romance, the storyline is great. Delivers a good message to readers. I personally liked this novel, because the main character was tough person & she can take on thieves & bandits, but in the end she learns that she doesn't have to do everything by herself.
Karlene Browning
When a historical romance can actually garner 5 stars from me, you know it's got to be good. I'd actually give it 4.5 because there were a few little places where I had to roll my eyes... but overall, it was excellent and a very fun read.
Emma Wilson
I've read a lot of romantic fiction lately, and this was a cute story with a nice plot, but nothing extraordinary. Enjoyable but not page-turning. Good for young imaginations (I would even say middle grade).
Angie
Its been a while since I read a book in this time setting (Old West)and that was really fun. The characters were awesome and believable. My only wish was for more info in a few spots.
Julie
Well, it was a cute story and had a great premise, but there were a few places that dragged for me. Overall, though, strong writing and characters I cared about.
  • The Reluctant Outlaw (Smoky Mountain Matches, #1)
  • The Runaway Bride
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, # 3)
  • The Aristocrat's Lady
  • Love on the Range
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
  • The Husband Campaign (The Master Matchmakers, #3)
  • The Baron's Governess Bride (Glass Slipper Brides, #2)
  • The Protector
  • Engaging the Earl
  • Family Lessons (Orphan Train, #1)
  • Mistaken Bride (Irish Brides, #2)
  • A Royal Marriage (Protecting the Crown, #1)
  • The Baby Bequest (Wilderness Brides, #2)
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart (Wyoming Legacy #1)
Stacy Henrie has always had an avid appetite for history, fiction and chocolate. While she had a goal to write and publish a book one day, she turned her attentions first to graduating with a bachelor's degree in public relations. Not long after, she switched from writing press releases and newsletters to writing inspirational historical romances as a stay-at-home mom. Stacy loves reading, interio...more
More about Stacy Henrie...
Hope at Dawn (Of Love and War, #1) Hope Rising (Of Love and War, #2) A Hope Remembered (Of Love and War, #3) A Christmas Hope (Of Love and War, Novella #1.5)