Los conejitos aprenden Los Colores

Los conejitos aprenden Los Colores

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  245 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Learn about primary colors and discover how they mix with best-selling White Rabbit in this enchanting and educational Spanish language paperback.
Published April 25th 2003 by Kingfisher (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Los conejitos aprenden Los Colores, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Los conejitos aprenden Los Colores

Annette Taylor-james
This book is great for teaching about mixing colors put this book in your science center after reading to the children allow them to mix their colors following rabbit along his journey from white to guess what color? You will have to read it to find that out! The colors are vivid.
Clementine Lagarde
I love this book! This is a book for young children, it teaches them about colours that mix and become other colours.

One day white rabbit finds 3 pots of paint, red yellow and blue. She takes a fancy to sunshine yellow and jumps in the pot of paint! She then thinks the red paint looks interesting and jumps in that.... thus causing her to become orange! She quickly takes a shower to wash herself off. Then jumps back into the red paint followed by the blue paint turning herself purple. Princess pu...more
Jason Slayton
I always tell kids that I can't see colors very well. Why do I tell them this lie? Because Mr. Rogers was colorblind, and if he could not see colors well, then I shouldn't, either.

Plus, I'm just looking for a way to introduce the idea to kids that we are all different.

Plus, I'm not really sure if I do see colors correctly, if you want to know the truth.

Anyway, a white rabbit keeps hopping into different colored buckets of paint and follows up on its absurd task by taking a shower. By the end of...more
Katrina
Jun 12, 2009 Katrina rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 4-8 Year Olds Learning about Colors
Shelves: picture-books
This book teaches the secondary colors by illustrating a curiuos rabbit jumping into paint bowls of primary colors. This is one of of the only books like that I have found that teaches the three colors that make brown. Mouse Paint by Ellen Stolle Walsh has a better storyline in my book but the rabbit is cute too.
Tara Kollman
This book is an adorable way to teach young children about colors. Firstly, if the child did not know what the title of the color corresponded to the specific shade, a student can learn through this book. Also, this book teaches to students what happens when you mix colors. I would use this book in a classroom in grades K-1. I think the students would enjoy and laugh at the book when the bunny changes to funny colors. The book first starts off with mixing red and yellow makes orange. Then the b...more
Crystal
This book is a darling way to teach children about colors and mixing colors. This book is written as more of a story than a textbook. Writing this way caught my attention and I think will catch children's attention well! It is fun book and there are many good activities that could go along with this book.
Sydney
I remember reading this when I was in elementary school. I think that it is a great book to teach children about mixing colors and what colors mixed with other colors make other colors. It is an easy read for children also. I thought the pictures did a great job illustrating the book to.
Fiona
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...more
Rachel Dalton
This is a fun way to help your students learn how to make secondary colors. It also is a great prediction book! I would definitely use this book with some kind of discovery art activity. I have the Spanish version of the book and want to get the English edition.
Kathryn
A wonderful picture book option for children around the ages of three to four, this story is more of a lesson on primary and secondary colors than a story itself, but is put in a fun, easy to understand, and enlightening way. As a young rabbit hops into different tubs of paint to observe what color he will becomes, and washes clean to begin again, children are able to learn about the combination and formation of colors. I did a small lesson using this book for a curriculum class I am currently t...more
Bunnyjadwiga
It's really a pity that Alan Baker's Rabbit books are no longer in print. In this charming volume, a family favorite, White Rabbit (messily) hops into one and then another of 3 primary color paints, showering off between color combos. But when she tries the last combination (green) she discovers she's out of water-- and finishes up by coloring herself brown by hopping into the red! The short text on each page makes it a quick read, and the rabbit is drawn doing un-rabbity things in a rabbity way...more
Cryztal
Read it when I was small and read it to my little bros :)
Mary
This is a great book about colors and how they mix together to make new ones. A rabbit finds three different tubs of paint: one yellow, one red, and one blue. He experiments with all of the colors and finds which ones mix together and make new colors. At the end, he can wash no more and he mixes all three to make brown. He began the story as a white rabbit and ended as a brown one. A great story for young ones learning about colors!
Alicia
Okay, it's nice to teach kids what color mix together to make what color, but none of these books seem to teach that to make orange it takes far more yellow than it does red, and to make green it takes far more yellow than blue, and to make purple it takes more blue than red. All these books seem to imply and equal mixture of the colors. I find this frustrating and misleading.
Lindsay
A color mixing book with simple text and plenty of white space on each page. A nice concept book for preschoolers.
Samantha
A white rabbit experiments with color by playing in buckets of paint. Colors are also associated with qualities and characteristics in text and in between colors the rabbit showers, returning to its white fur, so that further color combinations are possible.

A great read aloud, like Mouse Paint, for a color storytime.
Ashley
This book teaches the secondary colors by illustrating a curiuos rabbit jumping into paint bowls of primary colors. This is one of of the only books like that I have found that teaches the three colors that make brown. This would be a great book to teach primary and secondary colors. Thsi would be good for K-2
Lindsey
When White Rabbit finds three tubs of yellow, blue, and red paint, she has all kinds of fun learning about colors. She finds out that when you mix two colors, it makes a new color. This was very easy to read book. It would be appropriate for teaching younger children about primary and secondary colors.
Kristine Pratt
I read this years ago to my children who loved it. They enjoyed learning their colors and it was so much fun to guess what color the bunny would turn next as the colors got mixed. Funny and adorable - a great combination that was still fun to read even after all these years.
Bonnie Gayle
I also used this book for my final storytelling set. It was really cute, and introduced the concept of mixing colors really well.

White rabbit finds three buckets of paint, and jumps in them all, and turns all sorts of colors.
Esther
Awesome book to read when teaching your children about primary colors! Using red, yellow, and blue Rabbit makes several different new colors and tells us which colors make what.
Dearborn Public Library Youth Services
Great for PreK-Kindergarten Even a good for almost 2 year olds. The rabbit is adorable and kids like to call out the colors. Older kids can predict what the color mixes will be.
Olson Family Matters
Excellent for teaching colors (consider others in series: Brown Rabbit's Shape Book; Gray Rabbit's Odd One Out; Gray Rabbit's 1,2,3; Black & White Rabbit's ABC; Brown Rabbit's Day)
Chelsea
This book is a great way for children to learn how yellow, blue, and red mixed together with each other can make other colors. Makes it fun too!
This is one of my favorite books growing up!
Meg McGregor
Fantastic book to introduce and reinforce colors. White Rabbit helps littles learn their colors in a very fun way that begs for repeat readings.

Read again on May 17, 2014.
Liz B
An adorable book to use with students to illustrate about color mixing. The rabbit in this book changes colors and it hops into the different buckets.
Maria
I love the illustrations and it does a nice job of reviewing colors and how the primary colors make the secondary colors.
Mckinley
Strand alone but also part of a series about color (this one), shape, numbers, abcs etc. Not as good as the Color Kittens.
Julie
I was pleasantly surprised that the children knew all the colors & most of the results of mixing red, blue & yellow!
Cheryl in CC NV
I recall enjoying this, but not as much as some others with a similar concept. Awfully cute though, of course!
  • Blue Goose
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting
  • Lemons Are Not Red
  • What Does Bunny See?: A Book of Colors and Flowers
  • Butterfly Butterfly: A Book of Colors
  • Cat's Colors
  • Bearshadow (Moonbear)
  • My Five Senses Big Book (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • Wow! Said the Owl
  • The Crayon Box that Talked
  • Dino Bites!

illustrator
More about Alan Baker...
Gray Rabbit's Odd One Out Brown Rabbit's Shape Book Black and white Rabbit's ABC Gray Rabbit's 1,2,3 Little Rabbits' First Time Book (Little Rabbit Books)