Start by marking “The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)” as Want to Read:
The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)

The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  7,177 Ratings  ·  462 Reviews
Summer, Winter, Iron.
Together at last.

Dangerous faeries. Heartbreaking romance. Thrilling action and limitless adventure. The world of the fey has never been so powerful. This collection includes three novellas set in the world of The Iron Fey plus the expanded Guide to the Nevernever and exclusive information about Julie Kagawa's unforgettable world of Faery.

Winter's Pass
Published August 28th 2012 by Harlequin Teen

shady
I absolutely adore this cover. But, I have to say one thing.

There's no fiery red hair, there's no sly smirk. There's absolutely no Puck-ness about the model portraying Puck. D: It sucks.

Ooh, that rhymed.

Anyways, I've already read Winter's Passage & Summer's Crossing, so I kind of re-read those but to be honest I skimmed through them due to my overwhelming excitement to read Iron's Prophecy. But it felt so good to hang out with the main trio again after the lack of them in The Lost Prince.

Spe
Haleema
Dear God. The Puck on the cover is atrocious. That is not how I pictured him. First of all, WHERE IS HIS RED HAIR? And his expression. It screams, "What the hell is going on." Not, "I'm-so-sexy-I-make-Haleema-uncomfortable."

You know who I think is an excellent Puck?

description

That's Xavier Samuel Puck.

He has Puck written all over his face. All he needs is pointy ears, red hair, and green eyes.

You know? Like this:

Thank you, Anna!
Elena
Sep 04, 2012 Elena marked it as to-read
Is it just me, or does this look vaguely familiar?

descriptiondescription

Anyway.

Julie.
You've got to be kidding me.
THAT IS NOT, IN ANY WAY, PUCK.

THAT'S JUST A CASUAL PASSENGER WHO HAPPENED TO WALK BY WHILE YOU WERE TAKING A PICTURE OF ASH AND MEGHAN. THAT'S IT, ISN'T IT? I MUST BE RIGHT.
This casual passenger's expression screams "what the fuck is happening", while my Puck's would be like, "hey there, what's up? I know I'm hot, stop drooling."
SO I THINK I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. PUCK WAS ON HIS WAY BUT SINCE HE'S, WELL
Kristalia
Final rating: 3.5/5 stars

FIRST OF ALL: I would really suggest that you read these specials in their right order. And to read them too, without skipping because these short stories impact the main plot and it will make you understand some things later on.
There were some interesting information about the world building and customs and characters and it was fun to read about. I love Julie Kagawa and her talent for writing :D
____________________________________________

Mitch
Aug 28, 2012 Mitch rated it really liked it
If this is the way Julie Kagawa's gonna scoop money out of my pockets, I'm all for it. Besides recycling the two previous Iron Fey short stories, The Iron Legends is packed with awesome brand new material, short story Iron's Prophecy (an excellent tie in with the upcoming Iron Fey spinoff book The Lost Prince), a hilarious guide to the Nevernever, an interview with Julie herself, and a never before seen excerpt from The Lost Prince. Oh, and also an excerpt from The Immortal Rules ... eh.

First of
Emily (Book Jems)
Uhm... Julie Kagawa hugged me and gave me a copy of this, which she personalized for me.
asldnf;algknsd;fgsn;dfgn;sdfg;skn
Marie
Sep 02, 2012 Marie rated it it was amazing
*UPDATE*
09/01/2012

*gapes at the book cover*

UNBELIEVABLE.
HOW COULD YOU DO THIS, MS. JULIE??
THIS IS A FREAKIN' CLIFFHANGER!

How could you end a novella like THAT? Especially of ASH's and MEGHAN's...ummm..story??

Un-freaking-believable.
I think I just died there a little, Julie.
And this isn't funny.
I'm going crazy. With capital K.

*sighs*
I need to wait for Ethan's book!
How much longer????

******************************************
OHMYGOD! I just opened my Twitter account and saw Ms. Kagawa's latest twee
Stephanie
Mar 18, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I'm so sad that this series is over :( I'm gonna miss it so much. It's so amazing and it's one of my favorite series now.
I gave Winter's Passage 5/5 Lily Pads because it was amazing and Meghan and Ash are my OTP.
I also gave Summer's Crossing 5/5 Lily Pads because it was awesome and I loved reading in Puck's POV. The only thing I hated was how short it was. After I read the last sentence I was like "That's It?"
And then finally of course I gave Iron's Prophecy 5/5 Lily Pads because it was an amaz
Indah
Apr 18, 2015 Indah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Winter's Passage : 3,5 stars
Summer's crossing : 4,5 stars
Iron's Prophecy: 4,5 stars

So glad to have read this: great novellas and it's so good to read Julie Kagawa's work again. Adore her books!
Robin (Bridge Four)
Dec 06, 2013 Robin (Bridge Four) rated it really liked it
Winters Passage:

Set right after The Iron King. Ash has come to take Meghan back to Mag and the Winter court to fulfill the terms of their deal. Meghan is determined to keep the promise she made she only asks to go and see Puck before setting out to be held captive by Queen Mab for who know how long. But Oberon wants his daughter back in the Summer court and has sent something to bring her home.

This is a good look into the struggle that Ash faces as he knows the rules of Faery and while he cares
Chester Carstairs
Sep 01, 2012 Chester Carstairs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-extras
Brilliant.

Seriously, you'd think it's a waste to buy a book that only contains extra short stories but this one's really, really worth it. Kagawa can write 5million more adventures of the trio, and Grimalkin, of course, and I'll buy and read it all.

There'll be The Iron Fey Series spoilers so beware!

Puck *sighs dreamily* Puck is still the greatest prankster of all time. I was a bit scared thinking about how he'll react when he saw Meghan again. That, and the news she carried. I should've known he
Goddess
Jan 05, 2013 Goddess marked it as maybe  ·  review of another edition
OH MEIN GOTT! Ich fangirle hier gerade ziemlich peinlich herum :D Das cover finde ich mega und der Name!! ... ja, jaaa :D
Soumi
Aug 30, 2013 Soumi rated it it was amazing
Screw Ash..my Puck on the cover...*faints*
Monica MPBL
Apr 01, 2015 Monica MPBL rated it really liked it
Steffi
Jan 17, 2017 Steffi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Know that I'm with you always, even if you can't see me.

The Iron Legacy contains of the three short-stories

1.5: Winter's Passage, 3 stars
This one showed us how the journey of Meghan and Ash arriving at the Winter Court. Well, as Meghan had been again the naiv, slightly foolish little girl, I did not like this one so much. However, I was surprised by the appearance of someone ....

3.5: Summer's Crossing, 4 stars
This one was written in Puck's pov and my only thought was "YES". Finally we got see i
Tanja Voosen
Buchgestaltung

Dass das deutsche Cover so wunderbar zu ganzen Reihe passt, finde ich echt super und auch, dass es trotz der etwas „gestreckten“ Länge als HC erschienen ist, denn so sieht die Reihe komplett im Regal einfach toll aus! Mir persönlich gefällt dieses Cover hier von allen auch am Besten, weil ich das Motiv sehr gelungen finde. Die englische Ausgabe finde ich auch nicht schlecht, obwohl die Charaktere darauf, nicht meiner Vorstellung entsprechen, so ist die Idee mal alle die abzubilden
Jan (lost pages)
Nov 19, 2012 Jan (lost pages) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meinung
Mein Name ist Meghan Chase, ich bin sechzehn Jahre alt, und seit gestern bin ich....HALT! Wie, was, wo?
Nochmal von vorne.
Mein Name ist Jan, ich bin 25 Jahre alt, und seit diesem Jahr liebe ich "Plötzlich Fee"...

Als absoluter Fan der Reihe (Sommer, Winter, Herbst und Frühling) konnte ich mir natürlich "Plötzlich Fee - Das Geheimnis von Nimmernie" nicht entgehen lassen.
Aber warum dieses Buch? Die Jahreszeiten wurden ja abgearbeitet und die Geschichte hat doch ein Ende gefunden. Außerdem ha
Ferdy
Oct 20, 2012 Ferdy rated it it was ok
Spoilers

Winter's Passage

This was really boring. Meghan has to travel to the Winter Court with Ash for some reason or other, naturally they have to fight bad guys on their journey and angst about their oh so fragile feelings for each other.
Meghan was so blah — all she did was think about how much she wuved Ash even when he was treating her like shit. Of course, he claims to only treat her like dirt to protect her… puhleaze… He was a bastard because he loved being a dick to a sixteen year old gir
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

The Iron Legends, I think, is an anthology that many TIF fans have long been waiting for and it was so worth the wait! Not only do we finally get printed copies of Julie Kagawa's two fabulous novellas previously released in ebook format, Winter's Passage and Summer's Crossing, but new stuff too!! A new novella, Iron's Prophecy, which serves as a bridge from the original Iron Fey books to Julie's new trilogy The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, featuring Ethan (Meghan's younger brother all grown
Maria
Oct 24, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, e-book, fantasy
Ash. *beams* it's always been you...! Ahem.

*****

Well, I've read Winter's Passage and Summer's Crossing on separate occasions. Winter's was intriguing while Summer's was hilarious. As for the Iron Prophecy, it was a perfect short story to follow The Iron Knight. If you read Ash's story, then you know how much you still want to know about Ash and Meghan after Ash's incredible journey to the End of the World.

The Iron Legends answered some of the lingering questions I had. Add to that the newly impr
Amy
Nov 11, 2015 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to read this because I didn't wanted to leave Nevernever yet but this turned out quite as a disappointment :( I didn't really liked the first story, and I skipped most of Puck's story too (because I still can't really connect with him and I think his story was boring). Only the last story was okay, and it makes me curious for The Lost Prince (which I won't be reading soon since I do not have the second and last book from COTF) but that's about it. 2 stars.
Taschima
Apr 26, 2012 Taschima marked it as to-read
I always wanted the novelas to be in print so I could add them to my collection, so hurray for this book!

As always I like the title, I like the details of the cover... I just don't like the models. That is not my Ash, or Puck, or Meghan really. I don't know, it's a weird photo. I think the one that looks the best and in character is Puck. He looks very Fae. Overall not my favorite cover, my least favorite I would have to say, but again it isn't horrible.
Say
Apr 26, 2012 Say marked it as to-read
I JUST MENTIONED A FEW HOURS AGO HOW FREAKING SWEEEEETTTT THE COVER OF THE LOST PRINCE....AND THEN I OPENED MY FACEBOOK AND SAW THIS, AND I GOTTA FIND IT HERE IN GOODREADS, AND I'VE GOTTA SAY.............THIS IS OVER THE TOP FREAKING SWEEEETTTTT..........THE EPIC THREE (I CALL IT!)...........OMG!!! JUST FREAKING SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Edrillan (vampire junkie)
Ooooohhhhh im so excited about this but only because of the IRON PROPHECY novella 'cause it takes place after the IRON KNIGHT novel and I really want to know more about what happened after that ...especially in PUCK, ASH and MEGHAN so yeah I can't for this... no seriously I'm dying here waiting.... Is tomorrow August already?????
Rowan
Dec 13, 2015 Rowan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Het was leuk om weer in NimmerNimmer te zijn, al heb ik alleen de eerste twee verhalen gelezen en de survivalgids, want ik moet de IJzerprins nog lezen.
Riv
Sep 23, 2012 Riv rated it it was amazing
This. Book. Was. Amazing. It has snarky Grim inserted everywhere, and PWETTY PUCK PICTURES. (Try saying THAT five times fast.)
Stefanie Hasse hisandherbooks.de
Zitat:
"So lautet mein Angebot, das ich mit einem Schwur zu besiegeln bereit bin. Also, Meghan Chase [...] Das Schicksal deiner Welt hängt von deiner Antwort ab. Wie lautet sie? Haben wir eine Abmachung?"
(S. 247)

Inhalt:
Die Reise zum Winterhof:
(Geschichte zwischen Sommernacht und Winternacht, erzählt von Meghan)
Wer mit Feen handelt, muss zu dem Handel stehen. Und so löst Meghan ihren Teil des Deals ein, Ash zum Winterhof zu begleiten. Vorher will Meghan aber noch nach Puck sehen...
Meghan und Ash m
Rhiannon Ryder
Sep 16, 2012 Rhiannon Ryder rated it it was amazing
"So, it's the ever so popular Firstborn Child of Doom prophecy, huh, ice-boy? How very cliché. Why can't it ever be the third nephew twice removed who's fated to destroy the world?"
I'm not even sure anything else needs to be said about this book, Puck has summed it up rather succinctly.

Harlequin Teen has heard my pleas for Summer's Crossing and Winter's Passage to be compiled into a paperback. Iron Legends contains both of these short stories, as well as Iron's Prophecy, a short story prequeling
Diana - FantasySeiten
Die Kurzgeschichten spielen alle im Feenreich „Nimmernie“ und handeln zeitlich gesehen, immer zwischen den einzelnen „Plötzlich Fee“-Bänden. So könnte man folgende Reihenfolge beim Lesen empfehlen:
1: Sommernacht
1.5: Kurzgeschichte: Die Reise zum Winterhof
2: Winternacht
3: Herbstnacht
3.5: Kurzgeschichte: Sommernachtstraum
4: Frühlingsnacht
4.5: Kurzgeschichte: Das Eiserne Land

Die Kurzgeschichten fassen im Grunde nochmal die Bände einzeln zusammen. Schade ist, dass eigentlich recht wenig Neues erzähl
Erika
Feb 22, 2015 Erika rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Iron Fey and people planning of reading The Lost Prince
So I think I need to get something out of my system first...
That Puck on the cover is not Puck! He's a Puck wannabe! Where is Puck's read hair and while I was looking at the cover I thought his eyes were blue (I'm not sure if they are just extremely light green or actually blue). He also looks like he's glaring at Meghan or he's in pain. No! That is not Puck. I...I'm disappointed. There was a better Puck on the back of my copy of The Iron Knight!

Ok I'm done.

So I already read Winter's Passage and
Anyone else feel Ash and Puck should be I dunno...hotter? 11 69 Mar 19, 2015 03:08AM
I Love Puck! 4 12 Oct 31, 2014 10:51PM
International Gir...: Win a SIGNED copy of The Iron Legends!! 3 145 Jun 07, 2013 02:35AM
Which was your favorite story? 3 18 Dec 28, 2012 11:34PM
~!The Young Adult...: The Iron Legends (short stories) 1 10 Jun 29, 2012 01:50AM
  • The Torn Wing (The Faerie Ring, #2)
  • The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5)
  • Every Never After (Never, #2)
  • Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)
  • Remedial Magic (Faeriewalker, #0.5)
  • The Darkening (The Divided Realms, #2)
  • Destined (Wings, #4)
  • Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely, #2.5)
  • Shadow Days (Nightshade #0.5; Nightshade World #3.5)
  • The Unfailing Light (Katerina, #2)
  • Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2)
  • Ferragost (Lumatere Chronicles, #2.5)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Midnight Frost (Frost, #5)
  • So Silver Bright (Théâtre Illuminata, #3)

The Iron Fey (7 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)

“Everyone says the Summer Queen is stunning,
beautiful, absolutely captivating. Yeah, I guess she is,
but so is a volcanic eruption”
56 likes
“How are you doing this?" I continued, frowning at him. "And if you say 'I am a cat.' I swear I will throw you off this balcony.” 33 likes