The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)

The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  3,865 ratings  ·  349 reviews
Enter the world of the internationally bestselling Iron Fey series. Dangerous faeries. Heartbreaking romance. Thrilling action and limitless adventure. The world of the fey has never been so powerful. This collection includes three novellas set in the world of the Iron Fey plus the Guide to the Iron Fey with exclusive information about Julie Kagawa's unforgettable...more
Published August 28th 2012 by Harlequin Teen

fяσzєη, kupo~
I absolutely adore this cover. But, I have to say one thing.

There's no fiery red hair, there's no sly smirk. There's absolutely no Puck-ness about the model portraying Puck. D: It sucks.

Ooh, that rhymed.

Anyways, I've already read Winter's Passage & Summer's Crossing, so I kind of re-read those but to be honest I skimmed through them due to my overwhelming excitement to read Iron's Prophecy. But it felt so good to hang out with the main trio again after the lack of them in The Lost Prince.

Spe...more
Haleema
Dear God. The Puck on the cover is atrocious. That is not how I pictured him. First of all, WHERE IS HIS RED HAIR? And his expression. It screams, "What the hell is going on." Not, "I'm-so-sexy-I-make-Haleema-uncomfortable."

You know who I think is an excellent Puck?

description

That's Xavier Samuel Puck.

He has Puck written all over his face. All he needs is pointy ears, red hair, and green eyes.

You know? Like this:

Thank you, Anna!
Elena
Sep 04, 2012 Elena marked it as to-read
Is it just me, or does this look vaguely familiar?

descriptiondescription

Anyway.

Julie.
You've got to be kidding me.
THAT IS NOT, IN ANY WAY, PUCK.

THAT'S JUST A CASUAL PASSENGER WHO HAPPENED TO WALK BY WHILE YOU WERE TAKING A PICTURE OF ASH AND MEGHAN. THAT'S IT, ISN'T IT? I MUST BE RIGHT.
This casual passenger's expression screams "what the fuck is happening", while my Puck's would be like, "hey there, what's up? I know I'm hot, stop drooling."
SO I THINK I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. PUCK WAS ON HIS WAY BUT SINCE HE'S, WELL...more
Mitch
If this is the way Julie Kagawa's gonna scoop money out of my pockets, I'm all for it. Besides recycling the two previous Iron Fey short stories, The Iron Legends is packed with awesome brand new material, short story Iron's Prophecy (an excellent tie in with the upcoming Iron Fey spinoff book The Lost Prince), a hilarious guide to the Nevernever, an interview with Julie herself, and a never before seen excerpt from The Lost Prince. Oh, and also an excerpt from The Immortal Rules ... eh.

First of...more
Kristalia
FINAL RATING: ★★★☆/★★★★★

FIRST OF ALL: I would really suggest that you read these specials in their right order. And to read them too, without skipping because these short stories impact the main plot and it will make you understand some things later on.
There were some interesting information about the world building and customs and characters and it was fun to read about. I love Julie Kagawa and her talent for writing :D

my review for The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
my review for Winter's...more
Emily (Book Jems)
Uhm... Julie Kagawa hugged me and gave me a copy of this, which she personalized for me.
asldnf;algknsd;fgsn;dfgn;sdfg;skn
Virag
Aug 01, 2012 Virag marked it as to-read
I'm not actually reading this.
I just wanted to say the cover is so gay *snorts*. Seriously? The best character in this entire series is not even on it (Grimalkin) and the second-best character, Puck, does not even look like Puck. Where is the red hair, green eyes, smirk, pointy ears, ect? Ash doesn't appear to be a faery either, and Meghan just looks like a model that doesn't know her right from her left. The pose these characters are in are ridiculous as well.

I honestly can't belive that Kagawa...more
marie
*UPDATE*
09/01/2012

*gapes at the book cover*

UNBELIEVABLE.
HOW COULD YOU DO THIS, MS. JULIE??
THIS IS A FREAKIN' CLIFFHANGER!

How could you end a novella like THAT? Especially of ASH's and MEGHAN's...ummm..story??

Un-freaking-believable.
I think I just died there a little, Julie.
And this isn't funny.
I'm going crazy. With capital K.

*sighs*
I need to wait for Ethan's book!
How much longer????

******************************************
OHMYGOD! I just opened my Twitter account and saw Ms. Kagawa's latest twee...more
Chester Carstairs
Brilliant.

Seriously, you'd think it's a waste to buy a book that only contains extra short stories but this one's really, really worth it. Kagawa can write 5million more adventures of the trio, and Grimalkin, of course, and I'll buy and read it all.

There'll be The Iron Fey Series spoilers so beware!

Puck *sighs dreamily* Puck is still the greatest prankster of all time. I was a bit scared thinking about how he'll react when he saw Meghan again. That, and the news she carried. I should've known he...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
Winters Passage:

Set right after The Iron King. Ash has come to take Meghan back to Mag and the Winter court to fulfill the terms of their deal. Meghan is determined to keep the promise she made she only asks to go and see Puck before setting out to be held captive by Queen Mab for who know how long. But Oberon wants his daughter back in the Summer court and has sent something to bring her home.

This is a good look into the struggle that Ash faces as he knows the rules of Faery and while he cares...more
Eileen
Okay, so I have a story to go with The Iron Legends. So after I bought it, I did some happy dancing, a little drooling, and a LOT of fangirling.

In case you didn't know, I absolutely VIOLATED my copy of The Iron Legends. See:

By the end of the day there were a lot more Post-It flags. A LOT. But anyways, when I was in the process of violating my copy of The Iron Legends (color coded with kissing scenes, pictures, pretty scenes, and new characters) my couch ate my Post-It flags! One minute it was...more
Beatriz  Lins
Review of "The Iron Prophecy":

I wasn't sure what to expect from this novella. Sure, the summary does give plenty of the plot away, but I'm still glad to say that Julie Kagawa surprised me. I missed these characters so much - especially Ash - and it was wondeful to dive into Nevernever and Meghan's life yet again. So much has changed since we last saw her, and it was different to see her as The Iron Queen. Meghan was powerful and regal, but she had the same heart. She still loved Ash, and would d...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

Winter's Passage

This was really boring. Meghan has to travel to the Winter Court with Ash for some reason or other, naturally they have to fight bad guys on their journey and angst about their oh so fragile feelings for each other.
Meghan was so blah — all she did was think about how much she wuved Ash even when he was treating her like shit. Of course, he claims to only treat her like dirt to protect her… puhleaze… He was a bastard because he loved being a dick to a sixteen year old gir...more
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

The Iron Legends, I think, is an anthology that many TIF fans have long been waiting for and it was so worth the wait! Not only do we finally get printed copies of Julie Kagawa's two fabulous novellas previously released in ebook format, Winter's Passage and Summer's Crossing, but new stuff too!! A new novella, Iron's Prophecy, which serves as a bridge from the original Iron Fey books to Julie's new trilogy The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, featuring Ethan (Meghan's younger brother all grown...more
Maria
Ash. *beams* it's always been you...! Ahem.

*****

Well, I've read Winter's Passage and Summer's Crossing on separate occasions. Winter's was intriguing while Summer's was hilarious. As for the Iron Prophecy, it was a perfect short story to follow The Iron Knight. If you read Ash's story, then you know how much you still want to know about Ash and Meghan after Ash's incredible journey to the End of the World.

The Iron Legends answered some of the lingering questions I had. Add to that the newly impr...more
LadyJane
Wow...ok...
Something decided to reveal itself to me from behind the bushes in the Wyldwood....
The 28th of September is coming up very soon and it's not that expensive....Maybe Mum can get it for me.....hmmmm
YAY! I can't wait to read it and to have it sitting on my bookshelf!! Yay!!! Soon Julie will write so many Iron Fey books that they will have their very own personal shelf!!!
This looks very Iron-Feyish:

Or there is THIS:
Ta§chima Cullen
Apr 26, 2012 Ta§chima Cullen marked it as to-read
I always wanted the novelas to be in print so I could add them to my collection, so hurray for this book!

As always I like the title, I like the details of the cover... I just don't like the models. That is not my Ash, or Puck, or Meghan really. I don't know, it's a weird photo. I think the one that looks the best and in character is Puck. He looks very Fae. Overall not my favorite cover, my least favorite I would have to say, but again it isn't horrible.
Say
Apr 26, 2012 Say marked it as to-read
I JUST MENTIONED A FEW HOURS AGO HOW FREAKING SWEEEEETTTT THE COVER OF THE LOST PRINCE....AND THEN I OPENED MY FACEBOOK AND SAW THIS, AND I GOTTA FIND IT HERE IN GOODREADS, AND I'VE GOTTA SAY.............THIS IS OVER THE TOP FREAKING SWEEEETTTTT..........THE EPIC THREE (I CALL IT!)...........OMG!!! JUST FREAKING SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Edrillan (vampire junkie)
Ooooohhhhh im so excited about this but only because of the IRON PROPHECY novella 'cause it takes place after the IRON KNIGHT novel and I really want to know more about what happened after that ...especially in PUCK, ASH and MEGHAN so yeah I can't for this... no seriously I'm dying here waiting.... Is tomorrow August already?????
Riv
This. Book. Was. Amazing. It has snarky Grim inserted everywhere, and PWETTY PUCK PICTURES. (Try saying THAT five times fast.)
Rachel
Jan 05, 2013 Rachel marked it as maybe  ·  review of another edition
OH MEIN GOTT! Ich fangirle hier gerade ziemlich peinlich herum :D Das cover finde ich mega und der Name!! ... ja, jaaa :D
~Tina~
A must have gem for fans of The Iron Fey series!!
My collection is complete:)
Soumi
Screw Ash..my Puck on the cover...*faints*
Victoria
“Nothing is certain. The future is constantly changing, and no one can predict what happens next. We have the power to change our destiny, because fate is not set in stone, and we are always free to make a choice.”

Great, great quote right there. (I know that quote is always constantly used in books, but I still liked it.)

The Iron Legends has 3 novellas in one - Summer's Crossing, Winter's Passage, and The Iron Prophecy and also completed with the official Iron Guide in the end. The Iron fey ser...more
Steffi und Kay his-and-her-books
Zitat:
"So lautet mein Angebot, das ich mit einem Schwur zu besiegeln bereit bin. Also, Meghan Chase [...] Das Schicksal deiner Welt hängt von deiner Antwort ab. Wie lautet sie? Haben wir eine Abmachung?"
(S. 247)

Inhalt:
Die Reise zum Winterhof:
(Geschichte zwischen Sommernacht und Winternacht, erzählt von Meghan)
Wer mit Feen handelt, muss zu dem Handel stehen. Und so löst Meghan ihren Teil des Deals ein, Ash zum Winterhof zu begleiten. Vorher will Meghan aber noch nach Puck sehen...
Meghan und Ash m...more
Navdha
I skipped right to Iron Prophecy (after obviously checking out how Puck and Ash look).

The last novella is about Meghan settling into her role as the Iron Queen with Ash as her husband (finally!) and covers prophesies made by the creepy old Oracle Anna which tease us about what to expect in The Lost Prince. If not for Puck and Grimalkin, I definitely would have choked up on Meghan and Ash's romance. Jeez you guys! You have your happy ending (and a baby on the way!) now, please do keep in mind tha...more
Erika
Sep 02, 2012 Erika rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Fans of Iron Fey and people planning of reading The Lost Prince
So I think I need to get something out of my system first...
That Puck on the cover is not Puck! He's a Puck wannabe! Where is Puck's read hair and while I was looking at the cover I thought his eyes were blue (I'm not sure if they are just extremely light green or actually blue). He also looks like he's glaring at Meghan or he's in pain. No! That is not Puck. I...I'm disappointed. There was a better Puck on the back of my copy of The Iron Knight!

Ok I'm done.

So I already read Winter's Passage and...more
Rhiannon Ryder
"So, it's the ever so popular Firstborn Child of Doom prophecy, huh, ice-boy? How very cliché. Why can't it ever be the third nephew twice removed who's fated to destroy the world?"
I'm not even sure anything else needs to be said about this book, Puck has summed it up rather succinctly.

Harlequin Teen has heard my pleas for Summer's Crossing and Winter's Passage to be compiled into a paperback. Iron Legends contains both of these short stories, as well as Iron's Prophecy, a short story prequeling...more
lost pages
Meinung
Mein Name ist Meghan Chase, ich bin sechzehn Jahre alt, und seit gestern bin ich....HALT! Wie, was, wo?
Nochmal von vorne.
Mein Name ist Jan, ich bin 25 Jahre alt, und seit diesem Jahr liebe ich "Plötzlich Fee"...

Als absoluter Fan der Reihe (Sommer, Winter, Herbst und Frühling) konnte ich mir natürlich "Plötzlich Fee - Das Geheimnis von Nimmernie" nicht entgehen lassen.
Aber warum dieses Buch? Die Jahreszeiten wurden ja abgearbeitet und die Geschichte hat doch ein Ende gefunden. Außerdem ha...more
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
I was so glad that Julie Kagawa did this in a paper book. I had read the two novellas online, Winter's Passage and Summer's Crossing but had wished they were in a book. And here they are. In addition we got an introduction to her new The Iron Fey series featuring Ethan Chase, brother to the Iron Queen in the previous series. It was great and a must read before starting The Lost Prince. Everything that I loved about the Winter Prince, Ash, and Meghan was once again brought to life as well as of c...more
International Gir...: Win a SIGNED copy of The Iron Legends!! 3 144 Jun 07, 2013 08:35AM
Which was your favorite story? 3 17 Dec 29, 2012 06:34AM
Anyone else feel Ash and Puck should be I dunno...hotter? 10 61 Nov 25, 2012 03:02PM
~!The Young Adult...: The Iron Legends (short stories) 1 9 Jun 29, 2012 07:50AM
  • Soul Screamers Volume Two (Soul Screamers #3, 3.5, 4)
  • Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)
  • The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Rivals and Retribution (13 to Life, #5)
  • Sweet Evil Extra #2 (The Sweet Trilogy, #1.2)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)
  • The Torn Wing (The Faerie Ring, #2)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • The Invitation: Gathering Bonus Short
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Rift (Nightshade Prequel, #1)
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)

“Everyone says the Summer Queen is stunning,
beautiful, absolutely captivating. Yeah, I guess she is,
but so is a volcanic eruption”
45 likes
“How are you doing this?" I continued, frowning at him. "And if you say 'I am a cat.' I swear I will throw you off this balcony.” 27 likes