Start by marking “The Case of the Mystery Meat Loaf (Club CSI #1)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Mystery Meat Loaf (Club CSI #1)

The Case of the Mystery Meat Loaf (Club CSI #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  21 reviews
How do you dust for fingerprints on a meat loaf? Club CSI: is on the case in this new middle-grade series about forensic science!

Calling all kid crime-solvers: Forensic science isn’t just for grown-ups anymore! Thanks to the popularity of shows like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, forensic science has made its way into the classroom. This new middle-grade series
Published April 24th 2012 by Simon Spotlight

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Mystery Meat Loaf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Mystery Meat Loaf

Angie
I'm glad I read this book because it's useful for a CSI for kids program I'm doing this summer. I don't know why these books didn't come out 10 years ago, when CSI first aired. The characters are stereotypical middle school kids: bully, jock, nerd, ballerina. Three students are learning about forensics in their science class, so when the school is sick from the lunch they form a club to find out what happened.
The science teacher, Miss Hodges, says her cousin is a CSI in Las Vegas. That's the on
Reetta Saine
CSI <3. Hiukan hienopeppuisen suomennoksen latistamanakin toimii ihan mukavasti, sopii vinkkauksiin ja saa omatkin pinsettimuovipussimikroskooppiajatukset hyrräämään. Jotenkin nimi on ihan ehdoton :D.
Ms. Yingling
When they get a new science teacher who is interested in forensics, Hannah, Ben and Corey are thrilled with Miss Hodges' class, since the curriculum is changed to accommodate her speciality. They learn about different techniques of investigating, but have no mystery to use them on until the meatloaf incident that sickens people in their school cafeteria. Miss Hodges is concerned that the food that Mrs. Collins prepares isn't healthy enough, and offers some suggestions, as well as a recipe for ve ...more
Beth
This book was chosen in my continuing search for books to recommend to boys. Three friends (Hannah, Ben, and Corey) are back in middle school after spring break, beginning a new class. They are happily surprised to discover that the instructor for earth science (an old, stern male teacher) has retired. His replacement is young, hip Miss Hodges who will teach her specialty, forensic science, instead. If you can get past this set up (New classes beginning in April? Forensic science replacing earth ...more
Caitlyn Roads

This is a fun mystery book that every one of all ages will enjoy called The Case of the Mystery Meatloaf by David Lewman. Its starts of with three best friends who all took a science class together but the teacher canceled and they were placed in the Forensics science class and they were doing their detective unit. Then one day a teacher complained that there were some vegetarian teachers who had to pack lunch every day and gave him a recipe for tofu meatloaf. So the principal talked to the lunc
Anu
Ihan kiva lisä vinkkauskassiin tämäkin. Vaihteeksi perinpohjaista rikospaikkatutkimusta uuden alaa opiskelleen nuoren naisopettajan innoittamana. Kolme nuorta etsivää, epäilyttäviä tapahtumia, kumihanskoja, muovipusseja todisteille, mikroskooppi, suurennuslaseja, rikospaikkavalokuvausta, epäiltyjen jallittamista ja nokkelaa päättelyä. Mukavan ohut kirja ja nopeasti etenevä tarina sopivat hyvin niillekin, jotka lukevat vähemmän.
Arja
Hyvä fontti ja lyhyt kirja. Vähän kökkö suomennos, mutta voiko suuria odottakaan. Zac Power -kamaa hienoisin lisämaustein eli heille, jotka eivät lue mitään, mutta jotain pakko lukea. Jännitystä, tekniikkaa eikä turhia murehdita. Näitä kirjoja on aina hyvä olla olemassa.
M.
A good mystery for about 3rd grade and up, boys or girls.

Something gave some of the junior high kids food poisoning. It was probably the meatloaf, but is this just a guess or did the meatloaf really have something wrong with it. Three kids decide to find out.

There are a few jumps in logic in this book (but probably nothing a 3rd or 4th grader would notice)and all in all, this is a highly satisfactory book. The kids plan out their investigation, work out who should do what based on their individu
Pheonix Fanfiction
Jun 17, 2015 Pheonix Fanfiction marked it as series-next-up  ·  review of another edition
I know this is a childrens book but Im studying Forensic Science at uni and this series has just caught my attention - Im really curious now :)
Markku Kesti
Vähän köpöinen, mutta sopii tarjota zac powerin faneille. Kaksi ja puoli michelin tähteä, thai jotain.
Beth White
This book was written very well that I was able to actually picture the story in my head
Monica Albright
Here is a new juvenile fiction series to start reading...that adults will enjoy reading with their child. It even uses the name Hodges from the television series to connect the two. My family read this together this summer to review it for our library. It's great to find a quick easy read that we could all discuss and share together. Teachers: this would make a great read aloud to integrate language arts and science.
Ratforcekids
Another brand new series, this is a fun read. Part mystery, part detective story...you'll find yourself trying to figure out what happened before the characters do!

You said you liked mystery books, so this new series will be right up your alley! Part mystery, part detective story and loads of fun.
Ilib4kids
#4 The case of the disappearing dogs J CLUBCSI
#5 The case of the digital deception J CLUBCSI
#6 The case of the plagued play J CLUBCSI
Robin
This book was reminiscent of a Disney TV show episode. Any child that loves Scooby-Doo, would love the mystery in this novel. The characters were partially developed but relatable. Overall, it was enjoyable.
Arlene
My daughter read this and begged me to read it so we could discuss it. I really enjoyed it...kind of like an updated, better-written Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys.
Laurie
Interesting school-setting science-based mystery.
interest 4 gr to 8
reading level 3rd & up
Abby
I loved it!
I am definitely going to read the rest of the series too!
PWRL
Mar 27, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
A
kaylee murphy
kaylee murphy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Kerrie Cutting
Kerrie Cutting marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Elena Maynard
Elena Maynard marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Club CSI (7 books)
  • The Case of the Missing Moola (Club CSI #2)
  • The Case of the Disappearing Dogs (Club CSI #3)
  • The Case of the Ruined Ram (Club CSI #4)
  • The Case of the Digital Deception (Club CSI #5)
  • The Case of the Plagued Play (Club CSI #6)
  • Club CSI #7
Spongebob Jokepants Hands Off! (SpongeBob SquarePants, #2) Spongebob Squarepants Survival Guide SpongeBob SquarePants Find It! Scared Silly!: SpongeBob's Book of Spooky Jokes