Start by marking “En La Torre De Marfil: (In the Ivory Tower)” as Want to Read:
En La Torre De Marfil: (In the Ivory Tower)

En La Torre De Marfil: (In the Ivory Tower)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Cuando la pureza converge con la pasiónLa niñera Maisy Edmonds montó en cólera cuando un desconocido intentó llevarse al pequeño huérfano que tenía a su cargo, además de robarle unos besos demasiado escandalosos y explícitos. ¿Podía el famoso magnate de los negocios Alexei Ranaevksy ser de verdad el padrino del niño? Cuando se vio obligada a instalarse en la mansión que Ra ...more
Published September 4th 2012 by Harlequin (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about En La Torre De Marfil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about En La Torre De Marfil

Generally well-written, but there were many sentences and phrases that just dint make sense to me. Perhaps there was an attempt to be dramatically profound, but I found a lot of it opaque and inaccessible. Their reactions just didn't follow from the previous words or actions, so I felt confused. It reminded me of how I felt while watching the movie Eyes Wide Shut. Trying too hard?

She was a scholarship kid who never earned a penny so how did she afford so much shopping? How did she wind up in bed
This may be a first: I've read any number of Harlequin Presents with classically abusive heroes... but an abusive heroine? The further I went in this book, the more uncomfortable I became with Maisy. Along with being thoroughly self-absorbed, she's physically violent towards Alexei twice, refuses to respect his direct requests for privacy numerous times, and constantly nags. Alexei is obviously miserable; I kept envisioning him with a hangdog expression, and I wound up feeling sorry for him, jus ...more
this definitely is one of LG's favourite tropes and i actually thought i was reading one of her books! lol. i enjoyed seeing alexei going marshmallow over maisy. it was obvious he really cared for her; for she was so good and generous, and she was gold where kostya was concerned! i enjoyed seeing alexei so possessive of her and even jealous of her undying loyalty to the baby. i mean, the baby came first for her! alexei had his issues but this did not make him cruel towards maisy. he tried but he ...more
The hero Alexei and the heroine Maisy meet when Alexei rushes in to claim to his godson after the death of the little boy's parents. Maisy has been looking after him since he was born after his mother, Maisy's best friend, struggled to cope. She begs Alexei to let her stay with the baby. Alexei agrees both for the baby's benefit and his own, as for reasons that baffle him he is entranced by Maisy. Maisy is also drawn to Alexei and this disturbs her, she doesn't have that much experience with men ...more
I started out feeling kind of lukewarm to the characters, but in the end, I like them and wanted them to be together.

I felt like I shouldn't like the hero. He's pretty close to the typical HP alpha male -- he's a rags-to-riches billionaire with a traumatic childhood and a string of high-profile mistresses. He broods; he acts aggressively and possessively; he likes to shower his bed partners with clothes and jewelry and fails to understand why his current lover is opposed to this. But, I couldn't
Glynda Roy
I love Harlequin romances and have been reading them since I was 17. I am now 65. Long time. So, when I rate them, I compare them to each other. I believe you have to compare like to like.
I was EXTREMELY bothered by this book. I'm all for a brooding, closed off hero & an extremely patient heroine trying to "break through walls", but I personally felt that these two were hardly redeemable in my eyes. The author tries to sell me on the idea that he doesn't know how to at least treat a woman because he's so used to keeping that a distance but this guy I such an ASS!! He constantly does things that make it seem like she's a "mistress" (that's the nicest term I can think of). He d ...more
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
You can read my full review on my Blog HarlequinJunkie

‘Innocent in the Ivory’ was great fast paced read by Harlequin Presents debut author Lucy Ellis’s this book was engaging from get go. Alexei Ranaevsky and Maisy Edmonds meet when Alexei’s godson Kostya is orphaned following the death of his parents and being cared for by his nanny Maisy.

Alexei Ranaevsky the infamous Russian billionaire playboy unlike true to form Presents hero’s, was larger than life, an endearing Alpha hero you will fall
Kat at Book Thingo
Apr 06, 2012 Kat at Book Thingo rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Category romance tragics
Recommended to Kat at Book Thingo by: Readers who expect a realistic plot
You can read my full review at Book Thingo.

Skim through the beginning, because when this book gets good, it’s, oh, so very good. Alexei and Maisy may reflect the traditional alpha male and ingénue pairing in category romance, but they don’t always behave as expected. And that’s a good thing.

Once you get past the outrageous beginning, you won’t be sorry, because the story is actually quite lovely, and Alexei generally comes across as someone who understands Maisy and wants the best for her.

Yes, t
Writer Ellis didn't mess around... no sooner had I read the first chapter and superhunk Alexei was swearing in Russian and ripping clothes from the nanny's body!

There was supposed to be a loose story in there somewhere about protecting a 2 year old orphan boy, but that was actually lost in the whirlwind of jetset locations, where Alexei and Maisy spent more time engaging in different sexual positions than spending any time with the child, meaning that I was actually getting quite angry.

Tonya Warner
A very enjoyable story.

Maisy is much more than the nanny for orphaned little Kostya. Maisy has been with him since he was born, caring for him, loving him, and raising him. Her friend from school, Anais and her husband, Leo were the high-flying, rich types with rare chances to stay home and raise their son. After their unexpected deaths, Alexei came and took her by storm.

Alexei knew his godson belonged with him. Terrified of a real relationship, he tries to place Maisy in to his life at a distan
For a first published novel for this author, it was good. Although there was some complains, in few parts I didn’t really understand what was going on, and most of the time I didn't know from which prospective the story was being told.
There was some unexplainable actions from the heroine and the hero, and really I didn’t love either of them in one part or other in the novel.
All in all a good read even though it have the potential to be so much better.
Alannah Harte
Really enjoyed Ms. Ellis first modern romance. Great characterisation and the story had a lovely pace and readability. The hero was smoulderingly gorgeous which is always good and the heroine was likeable. I felt slightly cheated at the end though. I would have liked a more climactic finish and an epilogue but overall I was impressed. I look forward to reading more from Ms. Ellis.
Shallowreader VaVeros
I love this book. It is classic alpha gazillionaire Russian meets contemporary female and loves her. Not a "feisty" woman but a lovely character very much in tune with what she wants to do in life. I love that she says " I'm not your mistress, I'm your girlfriend'. LOVE! Oh! And there's a great vomit scene!
Bridie Coleman
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent

Great debut novel - runner up in M&B's New Voices competition 2010. Steamy, emotional, conflict, stunning Russian male and divine female and a great setting - what more could you ask for.

Looking forward to Lucy's next book!

Highly recommended
The writing is flawless, the characters are well rounded but I really hate the kept mistress theme that is why I didn't enjoy this book as I expected.
R marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Breanne marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
R~wka added it
Nov 13, 2015
shms marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015 marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Arabella marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
J marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Alicia added it
May 10, 2015
Martha marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015