Start by marking “Sworn to Love (Hot Cops, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sworn to Love (Hot Cops, #5)

Sworn to Love (Hot Cops #5)

From national bestselling author Karin Tabke comes the fifth installment in her sizzling Hot Cops series, featuring a mind-blowingly sexy cop who meets his match.

Sometimes going after the bad guy you find the good girl…

When DEA agent Mateo Juarez is given the mission to infiltrate the Dumas drug cartel’s compound and erase the entire organization, he doesn’t count on falli
Published March 3rd 2015 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Sworn to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sworn to Love

Dec 13, 2015 Cristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit I'm a sucker for the hole bad boy undercover cop and mob princes love story. I know it's been done and redone but I love the hole forbidden love stuff.

Mateo is an undercover DEA agent with a bad ass reputation, set out to revenge his brothers death and get off the streets a dangerous new drug called O that makes men act crazy and commit vicious sexual assaults. What he doesn't plan for is actually liking the daughter of the man that's behind it all and having to marry her in a ve
A good, easy to read story, with some interesting plot elements and solid background, but something didn't quite work for me, mostly from the character aspect.

The truth is the book is ok, the plotline is very compelling and suspenseful, but i couldn't warm up to any of the main characters at all, they seemed so one dimensional and unlikeable. I ended up liking Javier more than Sophia, or Mat and that's kind of sad.

Mat although initially comes off assholish and weirdly entitled later on he beco
****Full Review****

Sophia lives a very sheltered life as she comes from a very old world “we are descendants from royalty" father. As the last surviving heir, her father has become very controlling and demanding she marry the man of his choice. Sophia knows her father is a very powerful man but has no idea he is the head of a drug cartel that is produci
Dark Faerie Tales
Jun 06, 2015 Dark Faerie Tales rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: One hot dark and dangerous DEA Agent and a cartel princess!

Opening Sentence: “After two years building his rep as the “Widow Maker,” an independent contractor who killed not only for the government but for the everyday working stiff when justice failed to deliver, undercover DEA Agent Matthew Kane, known on the street as Mateo Juraez, had his next target in sight.”

The Review:

Let me start off by saying that I have not read any of the other bo
April Symes
Apr 12, 2015 April Symes rated it really liked it
***A gifted copy was provided by NetGalley for an honest review***
DEA agent Mateo Juarez infiltrated the Dumas drug cartel’s compound and his whole mission is to erase the entire organization. What he didn’t count on is falling for Sophia, who is head of the family’s daughter. Sophia will be his ticket to getting into the vicious cartel and shutting down the drug O that has been flooding the streets. Mateo doesn’t want to use her but he will to shut down the drugs that are in the streets killing
Feb 13, 2015 Kiltsandswords rated it liked it
Matthew Kane is an undercover agent who will do whatever it takes to infiltrate the Dumas cartel. The head of the family, Dumas, has a lovely daughter Sophia. She will be his ticket to getting into the vicious cartel and shutting down the drug O that has been flooding the streets.
Sophia has been extremely sheltered her whole life. She is the only remaining child of the Dumas legacy and is expected to agree to an arranged marriage and bear children immediately. She does have some measure of norm
P.e. lolo
May 26, 2015 P.e. lolo rated it really liked it
In this story undercover DEA agent Matthew Kane is after the biggest drug cartel especially after his brother is killed by them. He now uses his alias and goes in undercover but does not expect to fall for the boss’s daughter. In order for the whole plan to work they get married. She cannot stand him but slowly she is beginning to warm to him. He is in love with her and wants to protect her but does not know how to tell her that her father is not the man she thinks he is. As this love hate relat ...more
Mar 24, 2015 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mateo is a DEA agent who is assigned to infiltrate the Dumas drug cartel. He'll do whatever it takes to get his foot in the door, even if it means marrying the drug lord's daughter, Sophia, whom he had only just met. While they feel insta-lust and can't keep their hands off of one other, they have a hard time trusting each other's motive. When the organization starts to crumble, Sophia is forced to choose between the life she's always known and the new reality that she faces.

First and foremost,
Mar 24, 2015 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sworn to Love by Karin Tabke is book 5 in her Hot Cops series and a new author discovery to me. I hadn't read any previous titles so I did feel slightly out of the loop at first but Karin's writing style soon had me fully engrossed in the story line.

This book follows DEA agent Mathew Kane an undercover assassin called the 'Widow Maker' with a street name of Mateo Juarez who is on the hunt for the Dumas drug cartel leader Alexander Dumas, who sells the new drug O, among other things, that induce
Bibliophile Wonderland Reviews
*ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Sophia is the daughter of a head of a drug cartel. She is to be married to a man of her fathers choosing. She is kept in the dark for most of her life of what her dads business is really about. Her father is behind a very powerful new drug called O.

Wanting to do something crazy the night before she marries she goes to the club. Where she meets Mateo Juarez undercover DEA Agent that goes by Mat. When he is undercover he is known by Wido
ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

When DEA agent Mathew Kane goes undercover as the widowmaker Mateo Juarez, the absolute last thing that he expects is to fall in love with Sophia, the boss's daughter. He is willing to do anything to put a stop to the drug O that is hitting the streets with massive consequences. If he has to seduce and sleep or even marry one naive boss's daughter than so be it. At this point he has nothing to lose.

What he wasn't counting on was that Soph
Mar 06, 2015 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found Sworn to Love to be a return to Karin Tabke’s earlier Hot Cop books. There seems to be less on the drama and more of a focus on the suspense. Don’t misunderstand, the mission is a personal one. When the main character is invested in the outcome of the job it makes for the best kind of stories. The opening of the story is just riveting with the action in the alley. When the story stays with the action elements of the story, it is an amazing 5 stars story.

DEA agent Mateo/ Mathew Kane is s
Pages: 180
Heat Level: 3 out of 4 flames
Overall Star Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Reviewed by Naughty Book Snitch

Mateo Juarez is a man on a mission in more ways than one. He wants to avenge his brother's death and he needs to infiltrate the Dumas crime family. He has become his cover, a skilled deadly assassin. After capturing the right hand man of Dumas, he has his in finally.

Sophia Dumas is the Dumas princ
Zarith dol
Feb 22, 2015 Zarith dol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DEA agent Mateo, is undercover as assassin the 'Widow Maker' is on the hunt for the drug cartel leader that sold a drug inducing the user to raped. His lead is the drug lord daughter Sophia, a teacher bend on pleasing her father the only alive relative. One night of freedom before doom with an psychopathic future husband her father had selected, the passionate encounter with the dark handsome stranger in the club eluded her dreams. Little that she know, her encounter is not a coincidence but lea ...more
Feb 02, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Copy provided by Netgalley and publisher in return for an honest review.

Wow. Just. Wow. I can't believe I have never read any of Karin Tabke's books before. I love romantic suspense, alpha males in uniform (or out), and strong female leads who can stand on their own without a boatload of snark. This book has all that. Plus some. On top of all that, it provides mile a minute, white knuckle suspense that kept me glued to my reader. The cherry on top is the price. As a voracious reader, that is al
Mignon Mykel
Oct 21, 2015 Mignon Mykel rated it really liked it
Received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review.

The overall idea for this story was great and the character development spot on. I enjoyed reading about Sophia and how she dealt with the life she lived. Parts of her characterization were wishy-washy, but altogether, she was an enjoyable character. I enjoyed Mat/Mateo's character, though. The pacing of the story was fast and it was easy to get drawn into the storyline. I would have liked more depth/a fuller end, however.
Caged Paradise
Feb 03, 2015 Caged Paradise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, romance, arc
Who doesn't love a man in uniform? Scratch that. A hot, deadly, dirty talking, takes whahe wants man in uniform! Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

Mateo Juárez is an undercover DEA agent. He is infiltrating the deadliest cartel in North and central America. What he didn't expect was the hot, vivacious daughter of the cartel leader.

Mateo and Sophia's chemistry is smoking hot. A lot of times, our couples lack that chemistry that makes the romance sizzle. But these two have it in spades. Your k
The writing was a little disconnected to me. The transitions felt choppy. I liked the plot though, a little more development would have made the difference. Mateo does the hot cop routine pretty well and Sophia is ok at the mob princess, family duty gal. She needed some depth, something to stand out. It has potential, but it's not quite there as I read it.
Stacey Mcphilomy
Aug 04, 2015 Stacey Mcphilomy rated it really liked it
What an intense romantic thriller. A very action packed ending. I have no idea how Sophia can live like she did. Her family is insane.
Varied Books
Sep 26, 2016 Varied Books marked it as on-kindle-to-read
On sale for .99
Feb 21, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
I really enjoyed this book. It was suspenseful, intriguing, and super-hot!

The novel is about a DEA agent, Mathew Kane, who has to go undercover to infiltrate a drug cartel. While undercover, he finds himself engaged/married to the mob boss' daughter, Sophia. Feelings develop and Mathew finds himself doing anything to protect Sophia.

If you like you romantic-suspense novels, then you will enjoy this one.

*ARC provided by Netgalley.
An enjoyable, hot read. With a little suspense thrown in.
Heather andrews
Feb 03, 2015 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Mateo I loved that man, "when it comes to you, Sophia, I'll dance with the devil to be inside you again." He's protect, possessive and just an all around sexy man, "his fingers curled around hers. "You mean something to me. I want to protect you and I can't keep my hands off you." I enjoyed this book with a man like Mateo in it there's nothing I didn't like well except for Sophia's father.
I normally really like this series, it's usually filled with lots of hot scenes. But this one turned me off from the start. Not sure if part of it is because of where it's set, with a Mexican cartel or the story itself. Either way, this one isn't for me.
Mar 08, 2015 SL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love KT but I had a hard time getting into and then finishing this one. Not sure why...
Feb 04, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Good story. Fast paced. Good erupting kept me into the story, but the ending felt rushed. Complete, but rushed.
Christi Magnia
Christi Magnia marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2016
Pops marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2016
Michaela marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2016
  • Enemy Mine (L.O.S.T., #2)
  • Hunted Warrior (Dragon Kings, #3)
  • Keep Me Closer (Dangerous Tides, #2)
  • Stormchaser (Cutter Cay #4)
  • Untouched (Florence, Arizona #1)
  • Touch of the Angel (Demons of Infernum, #3)
  • Edge of Temptation (The Edge, #2)
  • His Moment to Steal (In the Line of Duty, #4)
  • Obsession Wears Opals (Jaded Gentleman, #5)
  • Deeper Than Need (Secrets & Shadows, #1)
  • One Good Reason
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)
  • Awaken the Damned (League of Guardians, #3)
  • Jewel of the East
  • Crimson (Dead World, #3)
  • Ravenous (Clare Point, #4)
  • Darker Than Night (Shadow Guard, #3)
  • Beware of Me (Dark Obsession, #4)
For a long time, controlled chaos ruled Karin’s life. Busy mother of four, owner of her own successful business and wife to a street cop, she harbored thoughts of twisting plots and hot romantic scenes. Now, with only one child left at home and hubby retired from law enforcement, Karin happily pounds out those steamy scenes at her keyboard.

Still semi-distracted by her adult children (Yay! no more
More about Karin Tabke...

Hot Cops (5 books)
  • Good Girl Gone Bad (Hot Cops, #1)
  • Skin (Hot Cops, #2)
  • Jaded (Hot Cops, #3)
  • Have Yourself a Naughty Little Santa (Hot Cops, #4)