Why Worry?: Stop Coping and Start Living

Why Worry?: Stop Coping and Start Living

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  9 reviews
  Knock fear out of the driver’s seat and take control of your own life through simple, proven strategies.

There always seems to be plenty to worry about, and worry we do—from nagging concerns to full-blown anxiety. It’s time to stop worrying and instead create a more peaceful, powerful, and purposeful life.

Kathryn Tristan’s...more
Published December 4th 2012 by Atria Books/Beyond Words

Kristy
I thought this book was well written, and easy for me to understand. I have successfully used some of the tips in my personal, and work life. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that find themselves struggling with worry and negative thinking.
Diana
A combination of cognitive behavior therapy, relaxation exercises and diet Why Worry provides techniques to overcome everyday angst.
Gretchen
i have an autoimmune condition that affects my thinking and memory terribly.
at one point not being able to care for myself, the anxiety that comes along with that is very severe.
this book was SO helpful to me and i started a journal of some of the tips so I could flip back and remember them when i have a hard time. i usually sell my read books on amazon, but i wanted to keep this one for future reference or to lend to someone in need one day. im so glad i found this book.
Nicole Brown
Awesome book that helps people understand their worry and anxiety. Teaches you how to identify, and deal and treat the symptoms.
This book helped me alot!
Linlowe51
I found this book to be a clear and easy to understand aid to help me recognize when worry is becoming destructive. I found various strategies to control and tame the worry monster. I can now recognize when my imagination and "trash talking" are magnifying or creating a situation that doesn't exist or is in reality not as bad as I have convinced myself it was. I think it was a worthwhile read...even if a person only walks away with one or two aids. It is a positive step to take to come out from...more
Kat
just found out i won this, thanks goodreads. i hope it helps, no one worries more than i do!

while the book described my worries very well i was not able to find anything i could use to stop the worrying. it was worth a try and my time to see if it would help. i'll try not to worry about it and the poor review im giving. i will donate it to the battered womens shelter and hope someone else can get more use out of it

thanks for trying
Stacie
Pretty good strategies and advice are included in this book. I am a chronic worrier, so I can completely relate to the problems described in this book. However, I would've liked a more how-to in the chapters, but I thought it was a pretty good read.
Jdawg37
This was an excellent book I am a constant worrier kids, work, etc. This book helped me thru some of my challenges and gave me some steps and solutions that are working. I am very thankful to a friend that suggested I read this. Thx again.
Michaela
Sound advice but reduced to sound bite proportions. I can't imagine making this work without doing some meditation as groundwork.
Megan
This is definitely a helpful and interesting book - would not be a bad thing to read and reread throughout life
Kathleen Marie Smith
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Tom Baker
Tom Baker marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Deepak Bisth
Deepak Bisth marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Celeste Dodge
Celeste Dodge marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Helyn
Helyn marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Omar Zaki
Omar Zaki marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Luis
Luis marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Megan Gery
Megan Gery marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Mark Tan
Mark Tan marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Abby
Abby is currently reading it
Jan 26, 2014
David Brody
David Brody marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
M.R.
M.R. marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
  • The Turning Point: Conquering Stress with Courage, Clarity and Confidence
  • Mind Over Mind: The Surprising Power of Expectations
  • Changing Zip Codes: Finding Community Wherever You're Transplanted
  • Dog-Ma, the Zen of Slobber
  • Relaxing the Writer: Guidebook to the Writer's High
  • Backing Into Forward
  • Intimations of Austen
  • Because I Said So! : The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids
  • One More Theory about Happiness: A Memoir
  • Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness
  • The Books They Gave Me: True Stories of Life, Love, and Lit
  • 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food
  • The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time
  • Dead Is . . . in a Box Boxed Set
  • Read My Hips: How I Learned to Love My Body, Ditch Dieting, and Live Large
  • A Kiss Before You Go: An Illustrated Memoir of Love and Loss
  • The Reenactments
  • Organize The Nancy Way
Kathryn Tristan has written and coauthored more than 120 articles in leading health publications under her professional name, Liszewski, as well as published articles in mainstream publications, such asParade and Psychology Today. She is a member of the Anxiety Disorders Association of America and the American Association of Immunologists. She lives in St. Louis, Missouri, where she is a research...more
More about Kathryn Tristan...
Anxiety Rescue: Simple Strategies to Stop Fear from Ruling Your World Anxiety Rescue: Simple Strategies to Stop Fear from Ruling Your Life