Goodnight Bro

Goodnight Bro

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A Simon & Schuster eBook
Published October 2nd 2012 by Touchstone (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Goodnight Bro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodnight Bro

Rdee
Another incredibly witty and hilarious novel from the Barney Stinson series. I love the twisted but well meaning advice on how to take care and raise a baby Barney-style (providing a stereotypical view of someone with a very general knowledge on babies). As an added bonus, the funny anecdotes ("Goldieslut and the Three Bros") and nursery rhymes ("The Boobs on the Bus") provide extra "laugh-out-loud" moments.

A very fun and light read, this is highly recommended for those moments when you just wa...more
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Nous y sommes! Voici le dernier tome du célèbre Bro-code, le guide aussi pourrave de la planète. Malgré cela, je l’adore !

Cette fois, nous parlons de la maternité et paternité. Oui vous avez bien lu maternité et pour cause, Barney s’adresse aux deux partis dans ce tome. Ce qui est marrant c’est qu’il vous apprends du début à la fin à concevoir, gérer et largué votre rejeton.

Dès les premières pages, il explique comment draguer au préalable (donc trouver le bon parti), et bien entendu l’histoire d...more
Keri Payton
So, you want to be parent/are going to be a parent/are a new parent? Congratulations! Your life is over. The good news is there is still hope for your offspring. Indefinite bachelor Barney Stinson gives you all the advice you’ll need to make sure that your baby grows up to be legen- wait for it…

Being a fan of Stinson's previous works - 'The Bro Code' and 'The Playbook' - it was a no-brainer that I would purchase this volume when I happened upon itsexistence.Sure, I am not a parent, nor do I have...more
Richard Kelly
The fourth book in the Bro Code series takes a refreshing step away from picking up women. This is not to say it isn't still crude and overly sexual. It is in fact more graphic and vulgar than the other books in the series.

This one made me laugh more. A lot of the jokes are downright offensive, but very funny. It could very easily offend many parents. But, at the same time it has a lot to say that is truthful. The book has a good balance of idiotic comments that could only be made by a egotistic...more
Tedi31
Mar 02, 2014 Tedi31 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-shelf, humor
Bought: March 2, 2014
Location: Booksale (MCS)
Price: P140
Clacie
Are you a parent or considering becoming a parent? Are you a fan of HIMYM and the often hilarious, always awesome character Barney Stinson? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then this is the book for you! The audio version is narrated by Barney himself and is an awesome narration. Way to go NPH! This book/audio made me LOL. I did get tired of it after a while, which is why I'm only giving it a 3. If you're a fan of the show, definitely check it out.
Michelle
Book was totally written from what Barney would say or do. I enjoyed the images and stories, along with the advice. Had some classic tales like "Goldieslut and the three Bros". Best parody stories were "Goonight Bro" and "Alexander and the Awesome, Legendary, Epic, Very Kickass Day". My favorite nursery rhyme was "Jack and jill" :

Jack and Jill went all the way
To end their first blind date.
Jack snuck home and failed to phone
Till Jill found out she's late.
Chelle
I thought this would be funnier, but quickly into it, I remembered that the Barney Stinson character is my least favorite on HIMYM. Big fans of the character will like it, though. I did have at least one lol.
Jules
Read by Neil Patrick Harris, the comedy of HIMYM comes through with every word. Better than read it yourself, I guess (I read the original Bro Code), but it's still good fun.
Crystal
Funny but not as funny as the others. A little short though since I finished it in less than 30 minutes.
Melinda
Hmm... Not as funny as the first books. Nonetheless, still managed to get some chuckles out of me.
Chloe Shayler
A really funny book spiralling from a TV show I've loved for a long time.
Sara
I was hoping for more. This one was not as good as the previous books.
Traci
"Barney" is hilarious!
Sofia Lima
Sofia Lima marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Honza
Honza marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Princess
Princess marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Yunus Emre
Yunus Emre marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Michael Lebel
Michael Lebel marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Yarden
Yarden marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
  • This Year's Model
  • Shootin' the Shit with Kevin Smith: The Best of the SModcast
  • Tall, Thin and Blonde
  • Poems 1913-1956
  • Click Here (to Find Out How I Survived Seventh Grade)
  • A Christmas Story
  • Gorgeous Carat, Volume 03
  • The Boy Problem: Notes and Observations of Tabitha Reddy
  • Ludwig Revolution, Vol. 3
  • We've Got Issues: Children and Parents in the Age of Medication
The Bro Code The Playbook: Suit up. Score chicks. Be awesome. Bro on the Go Best of The Bro Code and The Playbook