Start by marking “Leveraging the Universe: 7 Steps to Engaging Life's Magic (Abridged)” as Want to Read:
Leveraging the Universe: 7 Steps to Engaging Life's Magic (Abridged)

Leveraging the Universe: 7 Steps to Engaging Life's Magic (Abridged)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  199 ratings  ·  25 reviews
You can’t know where or when the Universe will enter your affairs— only that it will. So just pitch your pitches, take your baby steps, enjoy the journey, and prepare to be astounded.

Building on the principles shared in Infinite Possibilities and Manifesting Change, New York Times bestselling author Mike Dooley offers his first “how-to”
Paperback, Abridged, 224 pages
Published November 6th 2012 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published October 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Leveraging the Universe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leveraging the Universe

You have the Power for Incredible Success. Manifesting Success. by Tessy RawlinsThink and Grow Rich by Napoleon HillThe Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. WattlesE-Squared by Pam GroutInfinite Possibilities by Mike Dooley
My Law of Attraction Books List
11th out of 14 books — 9 voters
Agenda by Virginia AirdIn the Skin of a Lion by Michael OndaatjeAn Enchanting Time by Virginia AirdAway by Jane UrquhartThe Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Best of My Bookshelf
17th out of 62 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa
I was overjoyed when I won a copy of Mike Dooley's book, Leveraging the Universe.

Irregardless of how I came by it, the review is the same.

Stellar.

Humor, common sense, plain speaking are all hallmarks of Mike Dooley, this book is all three and more.

A long time follower of Totally Unique Thoughts, it was a joy to see one of my not so guilty pleasures in a longer format.

Would I recommend it to others? Yes.

Did I buy copies to share for the holiday? Yes.

Would I read/recommend him again? Without a dou
Brittany
ONE Sentence summary:
Author and speaker Mike Dooley presents inspirational step-by-step instructions on how to transform your life into the life you really want, using visualization techniques combined with taking action in the form of little baby steps every single day.

TWO Things I would have done differently:
This book reads like a speech which can be a little distracting when it comes to tone and being colloquial.
It also comes off a little repetitive at times which drives the point home.

THREE
LemontreeLime
I had to bully myself into finishing this, and i can't say i liked it. It was okay, more of the recent new age hubbub about positive thinking being the cure for what ails ya. Didn't really speak to me but i gave it an old college try.
Anthony Sanchez
I enjoyed this look, although I consider myself a bit too rational to embrace all his opinions. But what I did like is his optimism and belief that happiness is already in our hands, that we must learn to be happy now, depending on ourselves and not on externals.
Dave
I really enjoyed this book and the lessons which are the secrets to an abundant life to which we are all entitled.

In a nutshell - "TRUE HAPPINESS in NOT contingent upon things happening in your life. Happiness is a state of mind. Happiness is an appreciation for life itself, for yourself, for where you are, no matter where you are."

"You will be blessed with desires, and therefore challenges, forevermore. (Haven't you noticed? They're quite inseparable!) Know this and learn to enjoy the journey
Zemirah
Basic thoughts on manifestation. Some of the writing did not flow smoothly for me. I sometimes found myself having to re-read things to really get what he meant. However, it has some great ideas on how to get started on manifesting the life you want. Take the positive, leave the choppy parts.
Christopher Provan
This was a quick fun read. The author believes that we are all part of God and God is all things. With the belief, that all of us (and everything else) are part of God, then we are able to create our reality. We do this wittingly or unwittingly because our thoughts become reality. These laws of attraction are the focus of this book. The author is one of the teachers from the book "The Secret". The author believes that if you remove the dogma from religion you are left with these thoughts he disc ...more
Trey Nowell
A good positive motivational book that could probably help a lot of people out. I could do without all the corny messages from "The Universe", but otherwise I enjoyed it for the most part.
Heather
I skimmed through it and I learned I am happy with what I believe.. What I stand for..
Amy
What a helpful tool this has already become. A conversation piece with my partner & siblings, a reference with pages bookmarked to guide me back and an overall joy to read. The positivity and reinforcement is contagious & hard to ignore. So many place I found myself saying " I can do that!" I really enjoyed Mike Dooley's writing. A bit redundant at parts but I think it drives his message home and is a necessary function of the book. I loved it and will read sections many times over. ** P ...more
Cj Sime
definitely some new ideas.
Sharon R.
I thought I was done with the self help genre, but I found this book really inspiring. The basic premise that "thoughts become things" sounds sort of woo woo,but it's really just a new take on positive thinking. If you think you're a looser, you probably are... Add in a little "fake it 'til you make it" and you get the idea. A twist that resonated with me was the approach of spirituality without religion. And I love my Notes from the Universe. Hokey yes, but a great way to start the day. Subscri ...more
Susie Brooks
I have received Mike Dooley's Notes from the Universe emails for a few years now. I always appreciate the positive inspiration in my inbox. Leveraging the Universe tells Mike's story from unhappy accountant to happy speaker and imparts his 7 steps on how he got there and how to leverage these steps so you can get there too.

I know all his steps from Notes, but it was nice to have them in a concise and easily read format. IF you need a boost, Mike's outlook on life will lift you up.
Alicia
I'm not sure what was more helpful, the great insight or the humor used by the author to open the reader up to his insight. Both tactics helped to lighten up the topic of an otherwise depressing affliction - the mind. We are much too hard on ourselves and it strangles our creativity. This is an excellent starting point for those who wish to understand mind over matter and the way our thoughts become our reality. As a note from the Universe: Thoughts Become Things...Choose Good Ones!
Martha
I love Mike Dooley's "teacher style" writing. He makes all key points several times so it is easy to go back and find them and he gives summations of all points. This is a wonderful book. I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in bringing more to their lives.
Francesca
Aug 20, 2012 Francesca marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self
I subscribe to "Notes from the Universe" through Mike Dooley's website -- HIGHLY recommend, they regularly put a smile on my face and in my heart and brain too! But I haven't read any of his books, so I'm looking forward to the chance to check them out!
J. Silvermist
Another amazing read! Although I haven't finished the book yet I am on the last chapter and it's a real page turner. This book really opened my eyes to what I have been doing and help me to understand how to go about manifesting my dreams.
Pamela
Yup, I just love this author and just about everything he writes. Each book evolves from his previous books in a wonderful, insightful way.
Brad Meyers
Same stuff I've read time and time again.. problem is breaking the 30 years of pre-existing thinking. Working on that. lol
Vernon
Awesome book,,, Mike has a unique way with words and with presenting concepts. I will be reading this one again
Robert
I guess I have to re-read it. I didn't get it the first time.
Robin
Staying active. Staying inspired.
Tiffanie
It was a pretty good read.
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Narmeen Kapadia
Narmeen Kapadia is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2015
Jordan Coon
Jordan Coon marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
  • How to Read the Akashic Records: Accessing the Archive of the Soul and Its Journey
  • Advanced Energy Anatomy
  • You 2: A High Velocity Formula for Multiplying Your Personal Effectiveness in Quantum Leaps
  • Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose: A Channeled Guide to Why You Are Here
  • The Bookseller
  • Be the Monkey: A Conversation About the New World of Publishing Between Authors Barry Eisler and Joe Konrath
  • Super Rich : A Guide to having it all
  • Radical Forgiveness: Making Room for the Miracle
  • ADD MORE ing TO YOUR LIFE: A Hip Guide to Happiness
  • Fight Less, Love More: 5-Minute Conversations to Change Your Relationship without Blowing Up or Giving In
  • The Shift: Taking Your Life from Ambition to Meaning
  • The Wizard of Us: Transformational Lessons from Oz
  • Make More, Worry Less: Secrets from 18 Extraordinary People Who Created a Bigger Income and a Better Life
  • Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self
  • Finding God Through Sex: Awakening the One of Spirit Through the Two of Flesh
  • Manifest Your Desires: 365 Ways to Make Your Dreams a Reality
  • The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place In The World Using Synchronicity, Intuition, And Uncommon Sense
  • The Shaman's Body: A New Shamanism for Transforming Health, Relationships, and the Community
Mike Dooley is a former PriceWaterhouseCoopers international tax consultant, turned entrepreneur, who's founded a philosophical Adventurers Club on the Internet that's now home to over 350,000 members from over 189 countries. His inspirational books have been published in 23 languages and he was one of the featured teachers in the international phenomenon, The Secret. Today Mike is perhaps best kn ...more
More about Mike Dooley...
Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams Notes from the Universe: New Perspectives from an Old Friend Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier Choose Them Wisely: Thoughts Become Things! More Notes From the Universe

“Everything works out in the end. If it looks like things aren’t working out, it’s not the end.” 0 likes