Start by marking “The Curse (Belador #3)” as Want to Read:
The Curse (Belador #3)

The Curse (Belador #3)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,199 Ratings  ·  129 Reviews
Evalle Kincaid will fight to the death for her supernatural friends.

But when Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love’s tough-as-nails heroine reveals her darkest secret, who among those she had trusted will be left standing?

With the freedom of an entire race hanging in the balance, Evalle has two days to make good on a promise that she suddenly has no hope of fulfilli
Published September 18th 2012 by Pocket Books (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Curse

Carey Sabala
Nov 02, 2012 Carey Sabala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So when the Belador series started, I wasn't a huge fan of it even though I love Sherrilyn Kenyon and Diana Love as a writing team. They have another series called BAD and I totally loved that series but when they started this one.....let's just say the first book in the Belador series was a bit shaky. They were world building and it's very difficult for a first book to establish a good story, a believable world and let alone be written by two very different authors. I remember 2011 Comic Con wh ...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
I really enjoy the Belador series. I think it's because the heroine, Evalle, is just so damn easy to root for. She has been kicked down, abused, and maligned her entire life. She is considered a monster, even by those she lives to protect. But she never wavers. She never acts dishonorably. She simply accepts those things about herself that she can not change and she soldiers on, always fighting the good fight.

As this third installment of her story begins, she is on the hunt for others of her kin
Stephanie  G
If Evalle Kincaid wants to keep the freedom she nearly lost, she must convince a stubborn Alterant to swear loyalty and reveal their kinds origins to a goddess he doesn't trust. As if that wasn't enough on her plate, black-ops like military Trolls are in Atlanta and capturing Alterants for the Medb. Dealing with trolls will take some smart maneuvering but when she learns of the Medb's real plan, she'll have to call forth her deadly beast, an act that can condemn her, in order to stop them.

Evalle
Stacy
Nov 10, 2012 Stacy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whenever I read a book that is coauthored by a writer I'm familiar with, I can't stop the internal analysis that tries to pick apart the individual contributions. Now four books into the Belador series, and especially having read this immediately after the latest Dark-Hunter volume, I can only conclude that Love is doing the heavy lifting on this series and it's all to the good. The restraint shown has been one of the things I've most admired about the series, and really it shouldn't even be she ...more
Ivy Rasmussen
Sep 27, 2015 Ivy Rasmussen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Evalle Kincaid is a strong, stubborn, kick ass female warrior she has vowed to fight along side the beladors on which she is half of that bloodline. Her other half is alterant a beast that if unleashed is known to cause chaos and kill anything (nonhuman) or (human) in their path. My main interest in this book how both Sherrilyn and Dianna made the focus on this book all about the relationships with all 3 original characters from the book BLOOD TRINITY, Evalle, Quinn and Tzader. Evalle with her l ...more
Nereid
Oct 05, 2012 Nereid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I literally consumed this book in a day, action packed from start to finish you barely have time to catch your breath before Evalle is thrust into some life threatening situation whether it be killing evil trolls or the goddess Macha demanding impossible results. Evalle is so easy to like, honorable, loyal, she even offers second chances to those she cares about. A kick ass alterant who despite having had a troubled life is still trying to defend those who would imprison her if she changes into ...more
Mare9548
Oct 20, 2014 Mare9548 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: belador
Bryonna Nobles
Sep 05, 2012 Bryonna Nobles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was very, very, very fortunate enough to be sent an advanced copy of The Curse, the third book of Sherrilyn Kenyon & Dianna Love's Belador series which comes out September 18, 2012. I really love this series and if you haven't looked into it yet, you really need to. Each book is better than the last.

I just finished reading The Curse. I would have done so sooner but I got it the week of Dragon*con which slowed me up.

However, the last couple of days I just flew through this story.

The Belador
Michelle Randall
The Curse in the third book in the Belador series written by Sherilyn Kenyon. Let me just put this out there at the start, if you have read anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon, then you are probably hooked! She is a fabulous writer and just draws you into the story so easily that you feel part of it! I have cried, laughed, screamed and everything else under the sun along with the characters in the books.

Evalle has little time to find Tristian and the origins of the Alterants. Of course Sen refuses to g
Ann Gimpel
I still adore Evalle and Storm and I really, really wanted to like this book more than I did. The chemistry between Evalle and Storm is great. Um, so's the chemistry between Isak and Evalle. It's clear she'll have to make a choice at some point, but I won't say more about that. I like both Isak and Storm, but I found myself rooting for Storm because of my weakness for shifters. And Storm is much better fleshed out as a character than Isak. Adding Isak's mother to the equation, as an uber strong ...more
María José
May 01, 2016 María José rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Es genial, me encanta esta historia perfecta de mezcla de amor y ciencia ficción, la unica pega es que como siempre tendré que leer los siguientes en ingles...
Breanna
Apr 27, 2013 Breanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazazing!
April
Evalle Kincaid is one badass woman, and also a Belador warrior. The Beladors are a line of warriors of Celtic descent who answer to the goddess Macha. But things aren't easy for Evalle, who isn't full blood Belador; she's an Alterant, half blood Belador mixed with an unknown species. The result is glowing green eyes and the ability to shift into a monster. Evalle is the only free Alterant and is working for VIPER.

The third installment in the series picks up about three weeks after the second boo
Yodamom
This series, is so addicting to me. Evalle is one kicked, beaten, hunted, misunderstood, mistrusted, character. With all her battered history she still fights for others, still puts others first. She is strong, inside and out. She lives with what has been dished out to her and makes the best of it.
Storm-I love Storm, and Evalle. Storm with his lusty black panther strolling around makes me curl at the toes. He had been gone, missing and is now back. Evalle, is his'want' but what are her feelings
Rhonda
Oct 06, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

The Curse is book 3 in the Belador series. This is a complex story and is hard to follow if you have not read the other books. You could read it but would be confusing.
This is a clean read to enjoy. I hated to have put it down like I did.
Most of the story takes place in Atlanta. Some in different world.
A group of Belador warriors are fighting for Viper to protect humans. The Belador also have to protect thier warrior queen.
The Alterant shift into a beast but thier are a lot of secrets abo
Jenny Delandro
TBR 545...

Evalle never sees herself as a woman...
She seems bemused by the fact that men react to her at all.
She sees herself as a warrior... but as an Alterant, she has a beast within and it seems that she feels unworthy of their regard.

But Storm comes back (almost from the dead) to see her and suddenly she feels emotions she cannot describe...

There are nasty trolls in the city and a witch queen's daughter who wants to escape her fate... and the Beladors need a weapon from the NightStalkers...
Alasandra Alawine
Loved it.

Evalle is miffed that Storm was nursed back to health by Adrianna, but Storm is equally miffed when he sees Evalle kissing Isak. Isak now knows that Evalle is an Alterant, luckily for Evalle his Mother Kit stopped him from killing her and appears to be indulging in some heavy duty match making. To Isak's credit even after finding out that Evalle is an Alterant he loans her the weapon she needs to kill the Svelt Trolls.

Quinn is having a really hard time. He feels guilty over accidental
Kathy Davie
Third in the Belador paranormal romance series revolving around Evalle Kincaid, a woman desperately trying to prove her value to her peers. Based in Atlanta, Georgia.

My Take
There's certainly no lack of action in this story even if it is only a bridge novel. Nothing major gets settled and Kenyon/Love simply continue to tease us along. You should really read the first two in the series before you read this one. So much that occurs in The Curse refers back to Blood Trinity and Alterant .

Kenyon
Kimberly
Oct 25, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blue Ribbon Rating: 4 out of 5
Original Review Link

With the fate of her race resting on her shoulders, the last thing Belador warrior Evalle Kincaid needs to deal with is the troll gang violence that will distract her from her mission to provide protection for all Alterants. But the demonic Svart Trolls invading Atlanta are only the beginning of Evalle’s problems. The Beladors’ enemies are more determined than ever to take out all those Evalle holds dear. And they want to use Evalle to do it. The
Lisa
Oct 10, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When we left off with Evalle in Alterant, she had escaped a lifetime of being locked up and death only by the grace of God. Or I should say A goddess. Evalle was whisked away to VIPER headquarters, after failing to turn over any other Alterants, right before she saw the wonderfully handsome and allusive Storm being badly beaten and left for dead.

Now Evalle has been granted a reprieve. A goddess has stepped up and claims that she will take responsibility and acknowledge Alterants (beings with Bel
Paris        (kerbytejas)
First I will say I love the basic story lines and there are many. I was most disappointed by how this book ended, I though i was turning the page for the next chapter and it went to the pronunciation guide for character names..like uh... there are way too many open ends and i need info, how could this be the end?

Why don't I trust Macha?
What is going on between Storm and Evalle?
Is Tristan going to change back into a human form or will he stay as his new form?
What about Tzader and Brina?
Can Kizira
Jenni Ebba
Sep 21, 2012 Jenni Ebba rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this series. The third book in an ongoing series by two wonderful authors, The Curse is now added to one of my favorite books of 2012!!! Honestly after The League, this series is my favorite by this author. Evalle and Storm are a dominating duo in this one. Though to be honest there isn't much plot development carried over from the previous novels, we do find out a bit more about Alterants. And no I won't spoil the surprise. ;P
Evalle is showing major growth as a person in this on
Kathy
Randy Daugherty
Nov 13, 2012 Randy Daugherty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When last we saw Evalle as had escaped a life time of imprisonment but promised to bring Macha a Alterant that would pledge to her.
This sounded like it could be done, Tristan would jump at the possibility to save their kind she thought..and then things got progressively worse.
Thoughts and accusations of Quinn being a traitor, Izak trying to kill any non human, a rash of Troll attacks across the city and then to top it off Storm.
Storm Evalle had to admit her feelings for the track/shaman.What pow
Dan Dobler
Jan 03, 2015 Dan Dobler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unbelievable! A 10!

I've never read a series of books that has so captivated me! I was emotional at the end of this one because of the dynamic talent of these authors. The plot lines, characters and their fantastic development, superb action sequences, and the mysteries that are hinted at combine to make this a series of the very best writing ever! Do yourself a favor and read these Belador Books from the start. I'm on to Book 4 right now!
Karin
Aug 03, 2015 Karin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: street-teams
Beladors Book Four.

Evalle is on a mission for Macha - to prove that Alterants are a true race, not mutations. When Tristan finally responds and promises her answers, she follows him into a trap. Meanwhile, Svart trolls are invading Atlanta and they seem to be looking for Evalle. Storm has returned and is helping her, but when Isak enters the picture the men will clash.

If you're looking for a story with action and paranormal intrigue, this is the series for you!
Kristy
The Curse by Sherrilyn Kenyon is book 3 in The Beladors series. It is a great addition to the series. Picking up shortly after it left off in the previous book. In this book you meet a few new characters and a new kinds of "non humans". We also get a little more info on the Beladors. The book takes you on a crazy roller coaster of emotions. The emotions I felt when Evalle was thinking about Sen and the Tribunal made my anger fly right off the charts. In other parts I felt like Evalle had lived a ...more
BiblioJen
Nov 23, 2012 BiblioJen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Good read ... I am enjoying this series, and I thought this book made good forward motion on the bigger storyline, which quite frankly needed to happen. I was also most glad for the reduced role of (view spoiler)

I am starting to wonder how many books are
Yvonne
May 04, 2016 Yvonne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is Awesome!! This is the third book in the Beladore series. Each one is packed with action and suspense.
I listened to the audio version of this book and it was great!!
I can't wait for the next book. Evalle is a Very Strong women that dearly loves Storm.
I don't want to give any spoilers. I will be starting the next book asap!!
Reeannun
This was a great installment in the Belador series. I am glad to finally see some progress and or growth in Evalle. The story was interesting and I enjoyed catching up with the characters in this world. My only complaint is there is so much time in between book releases that I find it takes me several chapters to get my brain back on track of who is who and what is what. I think in the future I might need to read the previous books again before I start the new release. Funny, I don't seem to hav ...more
Kenyons Minions: Belador: The Curse BOTM 7 30 Nov 10, 2013 05:13PM
Kenyons Minions: The Curse- Belador Book #3 2 16 Dec 02, 2012 07:48PM
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • The Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword #7/MacAllister Series, #4)
  • Tales of the Red Moon Clan
  • Dream Warrior  (Dark Warrior Alliance #1)
  • Dark Waters (Elemental #1)
  • Love on the Run (Nola O'Grady, #4)
  • Silver Moon (The Deja Vu Chronicles #2)
  • Wicked Edge (Castle of Dark Dreams, #5)
  • The Lost Remnant (Pieces of Eden, #1)
  • The Cursed (League of the Black Swan, #1)
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Call of the Raven (The Union Series #1)
  • Second Skin (Skinned, #2)
  • Eternal Hunger (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #3)
  • Inhuman Resources (OSI, #3)
  • Zombie Bake-Off
  • Legacy (The Niteclif Evolutions, #1)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Belador (7 books)
  • Blood Trinity (Belador, #1)
  • Alterant (Belador, #2)
  • Rise of the Gryphon (Belador, #4)
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Witchlock (Belador, #6)
  • Rogue Belador (Belador #7)