Freakangels Complete Box Set

Freakangels Complete Box Set

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The complete six-volume box set of Warren Ellis’ enormously popular web comic, a tale of twelve psychic Londoners whose combined powers flooded the world!

Twenty-three years ago, twelve strange children were born in England at exactly the same moment. Six years ago, they used their psychic powers in unison and accidentally flooded the world. Today, they live in an...more
Published November 6th 2012 by Avatar Press

To ask other readers questions about Freakangels Complete Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freakangels Complete Box Set

Meg
I read the entire series online over the course of a day (available free and legally at http://www.freakangels.com/?p=23), and will be buying the graphic novels when I've got the funds. This is a fantastic comic, excellently written by Warren Ellis and amazingly drawn and colored by Paul Duffield et al. More than anything it's a story about people growing up, taking responsibility for their actions, and trying to make good. And having super powers. And living after the end of the world.

It's a bi...more
Anthony Cheng
I first read this back when it was coming out in weekly webcomic installments. The experience of reading it all in one go is quite different. I don't know what the pantsing-to-plotting ratio was, but seeing it all laid out in one volume shows how structurally sound this story was, despite coming out 6 pages at a time in its original format. Highly recommended. Incidentally, the entire series remains available for free at www.freakangels.com.
Evan Dossey
Thirteen principle characters seems unwieldy, but Ellis manages to give them all unique voices and important roles in the story.

His depiction of life in post-apocalyptic flooded London is fun and steampunky.

The pacing is optimal for Webcomics. There were moments where I paused and imagined not having the next issue for a week. It was excruciating. I loved it.
Rachel
I read this online, and couldn't, um, put it down. The storyline is gripping, the characters engaging, and the art is magnificent. Excellent!
Greg
Read the entire series online and loved it.
Diego Mcnulty
Diego Mcnulty marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Sanja
Sanja added it
Apr 20, 2014
Jeremy Chill
Jeremy Chill marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Unearthly Child
Unearthly Child marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Adam Marks
Adam Marks marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Benjamin Russell
Benjamin Russell marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Has written comics & graphic novels, books, journalism, animation, tv, film, videogames and anything else that looks like it might pay a bill or buy whisky.

Second novel, GUN MACHINE, due from Mulholland Books in autumn of 2012.

First non-fiction book due from FSG in 2014.

Currently a weekly columnist for VICE UK.

Hello. WHERE AM I

More about Warren Ellis...
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street (Transmetropolitan, #1) Transmetropolitan, Vol. 3: Year of the Bastard (Transmetropolitan, #3) Transmetropolitan, Vol. 2: Lust for Life (Transmetropolitan, #2) Transmetropolitan, Vol. 5: Lonely City (Transmetropolitan, #5) Planetary, Vol. 1: All Over the World and Other Stories