Start by marking “My Year in Meals” as Want to Read:
My Year in Meals

My Year in Meals

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  29 reviews
For the first time, #1 New York Times bestselling author Rachael Ray offers fans a glimpse into her own kitchen diary. From everyday meals to complicated culinary feats, Rachael reveals what she herself cooks for her family and friends for one whole year.

Ever wonder what Rachael Ray cooks when the cameras aren’t rolling? Here she gives you an inside look into her
Published November 13th 2012 by Atria Books (first published November 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about My Year in Meals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Year in Meals

Jenny
These recipes just seem way too involved for everyday cooking... I like some of her stuff, but I want simple recipes that don't require a lot of specialized ingredients. Not one of my faves.
Lisa
One of my strategies for keeping my weight down is looking at recipe books like this one by Rachael Ray. The recipes are far too complicated and involved, and require too many obscure ingredients to actually make. Frankly it is hard to even get inspired to modify the recipe. However, it is nice to page through, look at the pictures, and mentally scan the recipes. That's the calorie free way to do it!
Check out the name of this dish on p. 253: Pissaladiere. Really? Not in my house!
Justine
Well, it was fun to read, but the recipes are not really geared toward real life in terms of cost of ingredients and complicated recipes. I mean its obvious she does not have the need to stick to any type of food budget, but I cringe to think about her monthly food spending. Probably more than my mortgage, car, and school loans combined. And lots of hard to find ingredients. My local grocery store does not have ramps or zucchini flowers, which were prominent in several recipes. But the book isn' ...more
Ashley Gibson
I recently bought this book! I mainly bought it because of the recipes featuring ramps. I can't wait for ramp season so I can try some of these recipes. They sound delicious! I live in an area where you can go and pick your own ramps so it's not so costly. Unfortunately the season on ramps is extremely short but it's good while it lasts. A lot of the ingredients are stuff that I can get here so I am so excited to try out the recipes!

I love looking through this book and planning out the meals I w
Minna
I really enjoyed the format of this book as a BOOK - I'm not sure I'd like it so much as a cookbook. Nonetheless, I marked at least twenty recipes I'd like to come back to and try out. Many of them looked a little ambitious, but I figured they were mostly all weekend recipes (for your AVERAGE cook, anyways).

One thing that I would have edited about this book: there was a lot of repetition: three or four versions of coq au vin, pasta with one or two ingredients changed. Just tell us in one recipe
Kayla Tornello
I have made quite a few recipes from this book and they have all tasted amazing! I really appreciate that she features seasonal ingredients, which helps me use up the vegetables I receive from a farm share. Last night, I even got my three-year-old to eat macaroni and cheese that had mushrooms and hot peppers in it. I haven't tried any of the cocktails yet, but they look good, too. This cookbook is one of the select few that get to live on my kitchen counter.
Monique
I think Rachael Ray is a great home chef. I became a fan of her 30-minute meals. This is more of a book then a cookbook and certainly not her regular thing. The stories, pictures and recipes are a treasure for her family and friends as the memories jump from the pages. I absolutely loved the cocktails offered by her husband, John Cusimano.
Sherri
I appreciatd the photography of this book ij that they were all photos taken by them, no photo shoots of plates of food.

Most tecipes were doable however I have to wonder where all the leftovers are since there was a meal for almost EVERY day.

The back is a listing of cocktail recipes that John has made (which I didnt realize) so its like a two for one.
Meghan
I've always been a fan of Rachael since her debut on food network. I've been waiting a really long time for this book of her best recipes throughout the year plus bonus cocktail recipes from her husband. She also includes photos of her dishes which is always a plus.
Erin H
Very much a departure from her typical cookbooks. The story telling in the book is like going on the journey with the cute couple. More of a book with recipes than a traditional cookbook. Quite an enjoyable read either way.
Nancy
Too many ingredients and steps.
Dodie
A fun to read and nicely laid out cookbook - and though none of the recipes are particularly groundbreaking, I found many great suggestions for simple and easy to put together fare. A couple of examples: Green Pastitsio (with swiss chard, dill, mint and parsley) and a version of caponata featuring cubanelle peppers, golden raisins and pistachios. And then there's the flip book part - John Cuimano, Ray's husband, does cocktails in the back of the book (or is it the front? cocktails should go firs ...more
Anne-marie
Dec 19, 2013 Anne-marie added it
Shelves: cookbooks
This was a great cookbook as it is more personal than Rachael has ever been. I loved the recipes even if they did not always use common ingredients. I loved that I could get this from the library as I wanted to buy it, yet after reading it, there were not enough recipes that I would use, and since I don't drink alcohol as a change, the cocktails looked good yet I could not make them. If you love Racheal and want to know more about her than from her show, this is the cookbook for you.
Michele J
I have most of Rachael Ray's other cookbooks and I love them all. I think ever since she married John her recipes have gotten more complicated. I miss the simple comfort food she used to make. Since when does she cook with ramps? Since now, I guess. If there are one or two recipes I would actually make out of this book that would be a lot. I'm glad I borrowed it from the library instead of buying it.
Suzanne
it was enjoyable to read the recipes and look through the pictures. most of the recipes were too involved or required ingredients that would be hard to get in regular supermarkets. The cocktail recipes had too many obscure ingredients. it would have been expensive to buy so many different liquors. The book also didn't include details about the story behind recipes and cooking every day.
Brandi
It's a fun cookbook...Love the Italy vacation section. I also love the fact that she and her husband John took all the photos for the book. I can't wait to try some of the recipes, but it's the Cocktails section that looks the most fun. I love that they put it in the back of the book and have it so you FLIP it! So fun Rachel Ray. Thank you.
Gina
Jan 04, 2013 Gina rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Instead of being organized in catergories, it is organzied by days of the week of the month, meaning it is hard to find a recipe when you want it. I checked this out of the library and did not actualy find anything that I wanted to photocopy and make later....probably because I found it so disorganized
Barbara
I can't believe she makes these kind of meals everyday. These are not that kind of recipes. Who is she kidding? And the drinks--you would need to own a liquor store to stock all the odd types of liquor. Although some of them looked tasty.
Erika
I love you Rachael Ray, but I don't understand how you live the life you lead and then go home and cook these meals every single day.

There were some really good recipes in here but I don't know if I have the stamina to make them.

TWSS.

Dppeedin
This book is interesting to read, especially for each month as to what she eats. But as far as cooking the recipes, I would need to look up some of the ingredients and then go to a specialty store to buy them. But it is fun to read.
Madeline
Loved the Behind the Scenes idea here. I might not be able to find lots of the stuff in the recipes, but they were still fun for me to read as a RR fan and fun to take a little food adventure I otherwise might not have taken.
Gretchen
ok, so this is another picture book, for me...I am not the greatest cook so I love to look through cookbooks for ideas...found a few, many others were well above my skills!! and tastes!
Maria
I liked the looks of this one so I put it on my Wish List on Amazon. While not recipes I can manage to whip together after work, there are some good weekend meals in here.
Boring and repetitive, this should have been just a 'book' with a few recipes and variations and not a recipe book.
Natalie
Rachael can't possibly cook like this everyday. Some good recipes nevertheless!
Beka
An interesting concept, but less interesting (for me) to read.
Derise Rehm
I've read this one and I'm still undecided on it!!!
Oceandreamer001
Some nice recipes I definitely want to try.
Lauren
Love this book! I want to own it!
ms
ms added it
Aug 02, 2015
  • Ten Dollar Dinners: 140 Recipes and Tips for Delicious, Budget-Friendly Meals the Whole Family Can Enjoy
  • Everyday Food: Light: The Quickest and Easiest Recipes, All Under 500 Calories
  • Michael Symon's 5 in 5: 5 Fresh Ingredients + 5 Minutes = 120 Fantastic Dinners
  • The Chinese Takeout Cookbook: Quick and Easy Dishes to Prepare at Home
  • The Tucci Cookbook
  • Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook: 200 New MUFA Recipes
  • True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure
  • Bobby Flay's Bar Americain Cookbook
  • Now Eat This! Italian: Favorite Dishes from the Real Mamas of Italy--All Under 350 Calories
  • Trophy Cupcakes and Parties!: Deliciously Fun Party Ideas and Recipes from Seattle's Prize-Winning Cupcake Bakery
  • The Chopped Cookbook: Use What You've Got to Cook Something Great
  • The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle
  • The Mexican Slow Cooker: Recipes for Mole, Enchiladas, Carnitas, Chile Verde Pork, and More Favorites
  • My Pizza: The Easy No-Knead Way to Make Spectacular Pizza at Home
  • Dinner: The Playbook: A 30-Day Plan for Mastering the Art of the Family Meal
  • Cookoff: Recipe Fever in America
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • Paula Deen's Kitchen Classics: The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook and The Lady & Sons, Too!
Rachael Domenica Ray is a two-time Emmy-nominated television personality and author. She hosts the syndicated talk/lifestyle program Rachael Ray and two Food Network series, 30 Minute Meals and Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels. Ray has also written a series of cookbooks based on the 30 Minute Meals concept, and launched a magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, in 2006.

Prior to the launch of her talk sho
More about Rachael Ray...
Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats: A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners 30-Minute Meals 30-Minute Meals 2 Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals: What to Keep on Hand, What to Buy Fresh for the Easiest-Ever 30-Minute Meals Get Togethers: Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals