Start by marking “Kansas City Cowboy (The Precinct: Task Force #2; The Precinct #18)” as Want to Read:
Kansas City Cowboy (The Precinct: Task Force #2; The Precinct #18)

Kansas City Cowboy (The Precinct: Task Force #2)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  165 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
From His Hat To His Boots, This Cop Was All Cowboy

For small-town sheriff Boone Harrison, the investigation into a serial rapist turned killer is painfully personal. Boone's priority is to find the coward who murdered his sister. But to accomplish that, he'll have to work with Dr. Kate Kilpatrick, a secretive woman whose striking beauty and kind heart just may be the lawman

Mass Market Paperback, Intrigue #1367, A Cowboy for Every Mood, 224 pages
Published August 7th 2012 by Harlequin (first published August 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Kansas City Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kansas City Cowboy

Susan
Very good book. The KCPD is still trying to find the Rose Red Rapist. The latest victim has also been murdered. That victim's brother has come to town, looking for answers. When his search starts to interfere with the official investigation, Kate gets put in charge of working with him - or keeping him from causing problems. She is the profiler, and also the media rep. This puts her in the public eye and when things start happening to her, Boone is there for her. There is also an attraction betwe ...more
Rhonda
Jul 24, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it
Kanas City Cowboy by Julie Miller
4 STARS Sheriff Boone Harrison gets told that his little sister was raped and murdered in the big city. He is still in his hometown the only one of the 5 children and as the oldest he feels he let down his sister. He plans to make sure her killer is found. Forensic psychologist Kate Kilpatrick is on the red rose rape task force, she is also the police media rep. She gets to talk to the reporters and help calm the city. Now this rapist has now upped his violence
Emily
Small town sheriff Boone Harrison;s life comes to a halt when he finds out his sister was murdered by a serial rapist, known as the Rose Red Rapist. Wanting the man caught before he can do it again, while trying to grieve he finds himself working alongside Dr. Kate Kilpatrick who is a Forensic psychologist and working with the task force set up to stop the maniac before he attacks again. Although they try not to cross the invisible line, they cannot resist the chemistry between them, but both ha ...more
Debbie Heaton
Aug 01, 2012 Debbie Heaton rated it it was amazing
In Miller’s romantic suspense novel, Sheriff Boone Harrison finds the on-going investigation into a serial rapist turned killer strikes too close to home. His sister was raped and murdered and Boone’s new priority in life is to find justice for Jane. Teaming with forensic psychologist Dr. Kate Kilpatrick, they fight the blossoming passion flaring between them while they focus on capturing the Rose Red Rapist who now has his sights set on her.

An action-packed, surprised filled edition to The Prec
Paula Legate
This book reads as a standalone, but is the second book in - The Precinct: Task Force series. This series is one of my favorites. I've read all the books more than once.

In this book KCPD is trying to find the Rose Red Rapist. The last victim was also murdered. The victim's brother is a sheriff for a small city. He is also the oldest brother. His parents died years ago, and he has taking on the responsibility of taking care, and looking after his brothers, and sister. Boone takes his sister's de
Merle
Second novel in the Task Force subseries of the Precinct about Kansas City Police Department. Sheriff Boone Harrison has traveled from Grangeport into Kansas City to meet with (confront) the police and detectives who have been assigned the case of his sister, who has been raped and murdered by the Red Rose rapist. He meets the team, who are not happy about his investigating the case independently. He can't just stand by since he feels that he has failed his sister.

Dr. Kate Kilpatrick, Task Force
Carole
Jul 28, 2012 Carole rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book alot-I like her books alot! Boone and Kate at first bumped heads but then the chemisty between them started to sizzle. He's a true cowboy, loyal and want to protect the person he loves...the story kept me on my toes on who is the Red Rose Rapist..I don't want to say too much for the other readings to find out on their own on who killed Boone's sister Jane-I was quite surprized!another good book for Julie Miller...can't wait for her next book!
Asma Mighri
Sep 19, 2014 Asma Mighri rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Let me start by saying I'm loving this series so much, it's captivating and the mystery is so addicting, and don't get me started on the romance, it's so real and sweet and it does not have a frustrating heroine nor a stupid as f*ck hero, we get the attracting, the building romance then the love... It doesn't get more real than that....

What I loved about this book was without a doupt Boone, I got hoocked on him from the beginning, he was the perfect combination of sweet and badass....
Pam
Aug 30, 2012 Pam rated it really liked it
Boone Harrison is a small town sheriff who just found out his sister was raped and murdered in the big town of Kansas City. He comes to the town to find out what happened and to help – in his own way that may get him in some trouble with local law enforcement.

Kate Kilpatrick is a forensic psychologist who works for the police department both as their PR person for the media and as a counselor for employee problems they may have.

The Red Rose Rapist has been terrorizing the Kansas City area for se
Scooper Speaks
Sep 06, 2012 Scooper Speaks rated it it was ok
Favorite Lines: “He knew he’d surprised her, knew he was taking liberties with a woman he barely knew. But he needed human contact right now. He needed the reassurance of a beating heart. he needed something strong to hold on to, something soft to absorb the pain and the rage and the grief rolling inside him that threatened to drag him down to his knees and bring him to tears.” (p. 31, e-galley)

Does it get much sexier than a smart cowboy? Well, I figured I find out by reading Julie Miller’s Kans
Crystal
Dec 15, 2012 Crystal rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, keeper
Hmmm... Well now. I don't know about most people but when I think of a police psychologist, I tend to think of Riggs' nemesis in the Lethal Weapon series. Yeah. The H - a cop - is informed that his sister was the latest victim of a serial rapist, and she was killed.

So our H seems to have this...difficulty... I guess... in recognizing that he's well, pushing his luck. The poor h is tired and he wants to ask her more questions, pick her brain, etc. I dunno. I have a family and am surrounded. I sti
Stephanie Collins
Aug 09, 2012 Stephanie Collins rated it liked it
Not a bad read and has me wanting to read more in this mini-series. I want to know who the Red Rose Rapist is and if we actually met him in this book. I'm thinking we did and maybe just maybe I know who it is...

Both leads in this book have a common experience in infidelity and it plays a major role in some of the problems they encounter as they start to act on their amazing chemistry.

Kate is the Kansas City Police Department Forensic Psychologist and also acts as the public face for a task force
Diana
Oct 21, 2012 Diana rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read of Julie Miller's The Precent Task Force series. I will admit that the reason I picke it up is because I relate with KC as I am a Chief's fan and live in Ks.
When small town Sheriff Boone Harrison find out his only sister had been raped and murdered in KC,Mo he had to go find out for himself what happened. The scenes that are depicted of the Sheriff coming to grips with his sister's death and being frustrated because he can't be part of the investigation, are te
Tracy
Aug 31, 2012 Tracy rated it liked it
This was a good read, and I was surprised by the ending. I definitely want to read the next book in this series to see who the real serial killer is.

Both Kate and Boone are good lead characters, both have a past with partners that were not completely honest and faithful to them. So while their romance is blossoming this does cause both of them to be careful. Which in life is a good thing anyway. Its nice to see that they think about the feuture and how to make it work for them together.

The myst
Rjsmommy
Jan 05, 2013 Rjsmommy rated it it was ok
OK, typically I enjoy Julie Miller's Harlequin suspense books. I thoroughly enjoyed book 1 in the task force series, "The Marine Next Door" but I have to say this one just didn't do it for me. It really was way too cliched and predicable even for a Harlequin. Add in I was just a little bit... I don't know...disgusted...outraged with Boone that he could show up to his "beloved" little sister's murder investiagtion and almost immediately start hitting on Kate. I know people under stress react diff ...more
Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated"
I'm not really big on cowboy romances. But I do really like Julie Miller's series on the Kansas City precinct. (Which Kansas City is it, by the way?)

This one is a lot of fun. It's different. The two main characters are mature, they're professionals. They have also had really tragic pasts. And, all through this, is the continuing storyline of the Rose Red Rapist which began in the previous book and continues after this one.

I think that's a great plot device to connect these books. Usually in ro
Jen_C
Aug 14, 2012 Jen_C rated it liked it
I love Julie Miller's books & was excited to read this one but was disappointed. This one had some rally jumpy writing. There were pages of dialogue where you weren't sure who was talking, where the characters just kept saying each others names & where it switched POV so much I almost felt my head spin. If I wanted a tennis match , I'd watch one.
Robin
Aug 29, 2012 Robin rated it it was amazing
Leigh Anne
Aug 28, 2012 Leigh Anne rated it it was amazing
This was my first Julie Miller book and it was great! Boone was a great character. I hope she writes more books with him!
Ajolley
Nov 26, 2012 Ajolley rated it liked it
Ending leaves you confused and needing more! Don't expect a complete resolve!
Harlequin Books
Hannah  Ruth
Apr 06, 2015 Hannah Ruth rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Joanne Blondina
Joanne Blondina rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Dorothy Matthews
Dorothy Matthews rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Colby Law (Colby Agency, #48)
  • Finding Her Son
  • Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)
  • Secret Identity  (Cooper, #8)  (Cooper Security, #1)
  • Last Spy Standing (SDDU, #11)
  • Detective Daddy (Situation: Christmas, #1)
  • Wrangled (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #6)
  • The Missing Twin
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • For the Baby's Sake
  • Wanted: Bodyguard

USA TODAY bestselling author Julie Miller writes breathtaking romantic suspense. She has earned a National Readers Choice Award and two Daphne du Maurier Awards among many other prizes for both her series and single title books. She was also honored to receive the RT BookR
More about Julie Miller...

The Precinct: Task Force (6 books)
  • The Marine Next Door (The Precinct: Task Force #1; The Precinct #17)
  • Tactical Advantage (The Precinct: Task Force #3; The Precinct #19)
  • Assumed Identity (The Precinct: Task Force #4; The Precinct #20)
  • Task Force Bride (The Precinct: Task Force, #5; The Precinct #21)
  • Yuletide Protector (The Precinct Task Force, #6; The Precinct #22)