A Better Man

A Better Man

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Roth Sterling is a straight shooter, a guy you want on your side. As a soldier, he defended his country. As a cop, he upholds the law. For a kid who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, he's done well for himself. Now he's back in his hometown, only this time, he's the new police chief.

He's in for a few surprises, however. Piper Hamilton—the girl he loved—still has the...more
Published August 7th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Better Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Better Man

Tia
Hero and heroine got together when they were teens. When the heroine turned up pregnant, the hero handed her money and told her to deal with the problem, then he left town for twelve years. The heroine decided against abortion and had her baby, now the hero is back and he's about to find out a BIG truth!

The book was entertaining enough and decently written. However the ending was so abrupt, it was like I drove my car off a cliff. I expected a lot more. What happened to all these juicy epilogues?
Brie C.
Sep 04, 2012 Brie C. marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why I keep reading secret baby stories. This one was bad, the heroine was a jerk and whiny. I think the reader is supposed to understand her but I found her annoying. The hero broke up with her and told her to get an abortion, so I kind of get the secret baby that's not really secret. But nothing about the book worked for me.
Susan
Very good book. Roth has returned to Quincey, a town he swore he would never come back to. He grew up with a physically abusive father who ended up in prison. Now he's getting out and planning to move back with Roth's mother (who swears his dad has changed). Roth has taken over as police chief (Piper's dad's job before his stroke) so that he can be there to protect his mother. Roth had been in love with Piper when they were in high school. Piper's dad forced Roth to leave town, but not before Ro...more
Barb

He's in for a few surprises, however. Piper Hamilton--the girl he loved--still has the power to move him. And they are tied together thanks to the son he didn't know he had. Roth is determined to do right by P...more
E_bookpushers
Oh man I really enjoyed this one. Their back story. The hero's motivations. How he went after the heroine. How he fought back from his previous reputation. The character growth included all sorts of people not just the hero and heroine. I also liked the side romance between the heroine's parents.
Sonja
Great story! Loved the sweet reunion romance between the two main characters-- reunion stories are my favorite anyway, and this one was definitely right up my alley. Well-written, expertly characterized, and great, satisfying ending!
Jacqueline
Extra 1/2 star.

Piper kinda bugged me but otherwise, good story.
Tawnya
Loved it, her books keep getting better and better.
Harlequin Books
Renee
Aug 13, 2012 Renee added it
Boring!!
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Mokona
Mokona added it
Mar 28, 2014
shms
shms marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Tina Kalafatis
Tina Kalafatis marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
chasey
chasey marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Reem Taha
Reem Taha marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Bestselling Silhouette Desire author and Rita finalist Emilie Rose has sold 27 projects to Harlequin/Silhouette since her first sale in 2001, and her books have been released in over 20 countries around the globe.

Emilie lives in her native North Carolina with her four sons and two adopted mutts. Writing is her third (and hopefully her last) career. She’s managed a medical office and run a home day...more
More about Emilie Rose...
The Ties that Bind Executive's Pregnancy Ultimatum (Kings of the Boardroom #2) Secrets of the Tycoon's Bride Bargained Into Her Boss's Bed  (The Hudsons of Beverly Hills, #4) Pregnant on the Upper East Side? (Park Avenue Scandals #5)