Start by marking “In His Eyes” as Want to Read:
In His Eyes

In His Eyes

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  22 reviews
What if everything he thinks about her is wrong?

Hugh Lawson and Zoe Waters have a tangled history. But she left ten years ago and he's put her behind him. Except she's here again-just when Hugh's ready to make an offer for her family's legendary vineyard. And her version of those long ago events is enough to make him question everything he thought he knew.

Hugh can't let th
Published August 7th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about In His Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In His Eyes

Ridley
Fans of angst and second chances would like this book. The heroine returns to her hometown after leaving ten years ago as a troubled teenager. Intending only to stay long enough to bury her grandfather, bottle his wine and sell his estate off, her plans hit a snag of sorts in the shape of the estate's neighbor. The hero wants to add her grandfather's vineyard to his estate's holdings, but with their messy shared history, secrets come out and what once seemed so straightforward turns out to be an ...more
rameau
This review can also be found on Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell-blog.

This is a well written Harlequin romance, but it just didn’t enthral me as I expected it would.

Zoe Waters returns to Tangawarra to bury her grandfather and sell the family vineyard after a decade’s absence. She’s basically been on the run from rumours and her past ever since she left and it’s a high time she reconciled with things she couldn’t change. Part of that is facing an old neighbour and lover, Hugh Lawson, who wants to exp
Emmie Dark, in her second book, gives us the story of a small town girl from a small winery who left the small, stifling town of Tangawarra, in a small nook of Australia, under a HUGE cloud of suspicion. Zoe was the 'bad girl' who seemingly made her mark everywhere she went in that small town and, while they seemingly hated her for it, every small town needs something to gossip about.

Hugh Lawson, the boy next door who also lived on a rival winery, Lawson Estate, was left with nary a clue as to w
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Reviewd: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

Before reading this one I was told that I was in for a true romance filled with lots of emotion and that I would surly find myself crying. And that I very soon discovered was very true.

During and after reading In his eyes by the very,very talented Emmie Dark I was completely overwhelmed with emotions and totally blown away. The emotional depth that the author created with her characters and scenes had me at a loss for words.

And just as addictive as wine ca
Susan
Very good book. Zoe returned for the first time in ten years to settle her grandfather's estate. She was planning to bottle the last of his wine, sell the place and leave just as fast as she could. The last person she wanted to see was Hugh. When her grandfather sent her away, she had tried to reach him, but never got a response. So she moved on with her life and tried to forget him. Now she has discovered that the winery is in worse shape than she thought, and that there's only one person willi ...more
Brie C.
Originally posted at: Romance Around the Corner

This book caught my attention because it promised an agnsty, lovers-reunited story. It delivered that and more.

When Zoe was little, her less-than-stellar mother died in an accident and she was left in the care of a grandfather that was emotionally distant and too engrossed in his work as a winemaker to pay much attention to her. As consequence, she became the town’s bad-girl, known for her disregard of authority and her shoplifting tendencies. Hugh,
Lynda
Teenage lovers Zoe Waters and Hugh Lawson were torn apart when Zoe moved away from the Waterford Estate ten years earlier. With her grandfather’s death, Zoe returned to fulfill her promise and decide the outcome of the family winery. The harsh reality of long overdue neglected bills, shortage of money and the strong desire of the neighbouring winery to buy Waterford Estate weighed heavily on Zoe. With only one way out of this dilemma, Zoe received help from Hugh in the winery with Hugh’s agreeme ...more
E_bookpushers
Holy messed up family backstories. Got me tearing up a few times. I loved how the hero pursued the heroine when she went back to California. Talk about seriously touching. It also made me miss visiting my favorite winery.
Guilty Pleasures
KcLu's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

In His Eyes is quite the emotional roller coaster by Emmie Dark. This is my first book by her and I will be looking for more. I love finding new authors that pull your heart strings with their words.

The last place on Earth Zoe Waters wanted to be was back in Australia, but when she found outher grandfather was gravely ill she came as fast as possible. She arrived just in time to say goodbye, and now she has to stay in the home town she hates to se
Kobie
had all the elements for a good book for me, but just didn't work for me.
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
SweetSweeede
4,5.
This was such a delight to read, and heartbreaking at times. I realize some people might find Zoe a bit difficult, but to me, she was fierce, fragile and flawed in a perfect blend, just like her wine. I loved Hugh as the steadfast hero and it all just made my heart warm. Exactly what I hope to find in a superromance.
Joyce Hertzoff
Another wonderful romance set in Australia. This time, it's the winemaking industry that's the background. Zoe has a lifetime of building walls to protect herself and it takes Hugh a while to break through, even though he was her first love long ago.
Dora Bramden
Another moving romance from Emmie Dark. Characters were well drawn and their story touching. Hint, keep a tissue box handy. Emmie really knows how to deliver an emotional experience that make the happy ending promise of this genre so much sweeter.
Julia Broadbooks
I really connected with Zoe. I loved how all the characters were so troubled, but there really wasn't any villain. Like in real life, there were a bunch of flawed people making bad choices and struggling to get over past mistakes.
Philip Taffs

This is the only "romance book" I have ever read.

The wine context is novel and interesting and it is extremely well written and cleverly plotted.

Would make a great movie or mini-series.

Greta Turnbull
Zoe left Austraila when she was 18 and was never coming back. Ten years later she had to come back and face her first true love and the rest of the town. She has alot of her past she has to face.
Tasha
The book I read before this one didn't and couldn't hold a candle to this one the excitement, the wonder, and maybe even a little bit of love
Glennie
I couldn't put this book down. I read it in one day!
Harlequin Books
Category: Heart & Home
Trewen
flat flat flat
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
D.B. Tait
D.B. Tait marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Mindin
Mindin added it
Nov 28, 2014
Tina Vincent
Tina Vincent marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
After years of writing press releases, employee newsletters and speeches for CEOs and politicians – none of which included any kind of kissing – Emmie Dark finally took to her laptop to write what she wanted to write. She was both amazed and delighted to discover that what came out was sexy, noble heroes who found themselves crossing paths with strong, determined heroines. And plenty of kissing.

Em
More about Emmie Dark...
Cassie's Grand Plan Spellbound Just for Today... Charmed (Destiny Romance, #2) Dance With Me