Start by marking “The Colonel's Daughter (Military Investigations, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Colonel's Daughter (Military Investigations, #3)

The Colonel's Daughter (Military Investigations #3)

A ruthless killer is targeting the families of soldiers in a U.S. Army colonel's brigade. Special agent Jamison Steele, of the Criminal Investigation Division, vows to stop him—because this time, Jamison's heart is involved. The colonel's daughter, the woman who loved and left Jamison without a word, came face-to-face with the murderer. Protecting Michele Logan means ...more
Published August 7th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Colonel's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Colonel's Daughter

Cathy
Aug 12, 2012 Cathy rated it it was ok
A ruthless killer is on base. Special agent Jamison Steele (Bond, James Bond) has been given the job of keeping Michele Logan - his former love - and her mother, safe while they prepare for the return of Michele's father (the Colonel) and his brigade from Afghanistan. Every person who steps on base is a suspect, except one person who is given information freely and never brought in for questioning. Duh, I pegged him immediately as the killer. Guess what?! Yep, he was the killer. But first, you ...more
Michelle
Mar 16, 2016 Michelle rated it liked it
This is the third book in the Military Investigations series. It was pretty good and I'm happy to report that I didn't know "whodoneit" until it was revealed, and I was a bit sad since I kinda liked the person...

The romance was okay, though Michele did get on my nerves a bit with all her "I can't love you" and then "I do love you" stuff...

Still, the story was interesting.

I found something interesting with this series thus far: They are independent of each other, The character of the next book is
Shelley
Jan 24, 2016 Shelley rated it did not like it
I picked this book up in a second hand store last week because I'd never seen a "Military Investigation" series before, not that any of my family is military. It was a pegged as a suspense book, so that was another thing that drew me to it.

It was pretty bad. The writing was weak. It was boring, especially having to read and read again of the on going same issues of why Michelle ran away, and why Jamison and Michele's relationship could never work out by the both of them. Then it was pretty easy
Sherida Stewart
Aug 25, 2014 Sherida Stewart rated it it was amazing
This book is so vibrant as the tension mounts between Jamison and Michele as they test their past love for each other. A criminal is threatening families living at Fort Rickman, and you can feel the ticking toward disaster as the end looms. As is his duty, Jamison tries to protect Michele, a colonel’s daughter, and others at the Army post.
I enjoyed experiencing the close-knit community of the families stationed at Fort Rickman, as they cared for each other. This story gives an extra appreciatio
Judine
Jul 27, 2012 Judine rated it really liked it
I liked this book much better than the other two in the Military Investigations series because I appreciated how Giusti brought a separated couple back together. While I like both Michele and Jamison, they feel a bit too angsty throughout the book. The build up to the climax was quite good, but I almost laughed out loud at Jamison's use of his latent high school discus skills, which I don't think was the intended response.
Jan 17, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Debbie Giusti just keeps getting better with The Colonel's Daughter! I was up reading until 2AM because I couldn't put it down! So much action with CID agent Jamison who is determind to find out who is targeting the soldier's wives and protect Michele who stumbled upon the murderer and the killer will stop at nothing to end her life. Can Jamison catch the killer in time? Read The Colonel's Daughter to find out!
Sally Kilpatrick
I really enjoyed this book, and the line for early voting was SO long that I read the entire book while in line. As usual, Giusti handles questions of faith with a delicate but firm hand. The conflict within the heroine was so deep, however, that I think she easily could have spent another hundred pages trying to straighten that crazy woman out. Great pacing and suspense, but I did peg the killer pretty early on in the book. Excellent series, but I liked The Officer's Secret even better.
John Hanscom
Maybe a little less. Rarely has the "perp" in a mystery ben so blatantly obvious. The author has forgotten the mystery solver's dictum that, if a person keeps showing up, but has no real relationship to the development of the story, that person should be suspected immediately.
Nancy Badger
Jul 06, 2013 Nancy Badger rated it it was amazing
A very nice inspirationsl romance with a solid mystery surrounded by the military family theme. Death, attempted murder, and shades of sexual tension add to the heart-warming story. It keep me up late reading it!
Dee
Jun 22, 2013 Dee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: winner
I enjoyed the story, but couldn't connect well to the characters. I have no military people in my life at all, which I think is part of the reason.
I was flipping to get to the end more to be done with the book, not because I loved it.
It was suspenseful though. :)
June
Nov 13, 2012 June rated it really liked it
i have enjoyed the Military Investigations series. Debby Giusti does a fine job of keeping you in suspense about what is going on. I thought I knew who the bad guy was pretty quickly into the story but then I kept having doubts because her twists and turns in the plot were so good.
Cindy Marschall
Cindy Marschall rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2012
Kerry
Kerry rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Eleanor H
Eleanor H rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Vince Mooney
Vince Mooney rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Military Investigations
Category: Inspirational Romance
Amanda Clark
Amanda Clark rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
Jennifer Rich
Jennifer Rich rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Beth - ;)
Beth - ;) rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Stephanie Williams
Stephanie Williams rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2015
Mj Islas
Mj Islas rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Olive Breece
Olive Breece rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Shanta Gibson
Shanta Gibson rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Nina
Nina rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013
Sarah rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Debby Giusti is a medical technologist who loves working with test tubes and petri dishes almost as much as she loves to write. Growing up as an Army Brat, Debby met and married her husband – then a Captain in the Army – at Fort Knox, Kentucky. Together they traveled the world, raised three wonderful Army Brats of their own and have now settled in Atlanta, Georgia, where Debby spins tales of ...more
More about Debby Giusti...

Military Investigations (9 books)
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • The Captain's Mission (Military Investigations, #2)
  • The General's Secretary (Military Investigations #4)
  • The Soldier's Sister (Military Investigations #5)
  • The Agent's Secret Past (Military Investigations #6)
  • Stranded (Military Investigations #7)
  • Person of Interest (Military Investigations #8)
  • Plain Danger (Military Investigations #9)