The Colonel's Daughter (Military Investigations, #3)

The Colonel's Daughter (Military Investigations #3)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A ruthless killer is targeting the families of soldiers in a U.S. Army colonel's brigade. Special agent Jamison Steele, of the Criminal Investigation Division, vows to stop him—because this time, Jamison's heart is involved. The colonel's daughter, the woman who loved and left Jamison without a word, came face-to-face with the murderer. Protecting Michele Logan means const...more
Published August 7th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

Cathy
A ruthless killer is on base. Special agent Jamison Steele (Bond, James Bond) has been given the job of keeping Michele Logan - his former love - and her mother, safe while they prepare for the return of Michele's father (the Colonel) and his brigade from Afghanistan. Every person who steps on base is a suspect, except one person who is given information freely and never brought in for questioning. Duh, I pegged him immediately as the killer. Guess what?! Yep, he was the killer. But first, you h...more
Sally Kilpatrick
I really enjoyed this book, and the line for early voting was SO long that I read the entire book while in line. As usual, Giusti handles questions of faith with a delicate but firm hand. The conflict within the heroine was so deep, however, that I think she easily could have spent another hundred pages trying to straighten that crazy woman out. Great pacing and suspense, but I did peg the killer pretty early on in the book. Excellent series, but I liked The Officer's Secret even better.
Judine
I liked this book much better than the other two in the Military Investigations series because I appreciated how Giusti brought a separated couple back together. While I like both Michele and Jamison, they feel a bit too angsty throughout the book. The build up to the climax was quite good, but I almost laughed out loud at Jamison's use of his latent high school discus skills, which I don't think was the intended response.
Debbie Giusti just keeps getting better with The Colonel's Daughter! I was up reading until 2AM because I couldn't put it down! So much action with CID agent Jamison who is determind to find out who is targeting the soldier's wives and protect Michele who stumbled upon the murderer and the killer will stop at nothing to end her life. Can Jamison catch the killer in time? Read The Colonel's Daughter to find out!
June
i have enjoyed the Military Investigations series. Debby Giusti does a fine job of keeping you in suspense about what is going on. I thought I knew who the bad guy was pretty quickly into the story but then I kept having doubts because her twists and turns in the plot were so good.
John Hanscom
Maybe a little less. Rarely has the "perp" in a mystery ben so blatantly obvious. The author has forgotten the mystery solver's dictum that, if a person keeps showing up, but has no real relationship to the development of the story, that person should be suspected immediately.
Dee Boss
I enjoyed the story, but couldn't connect well to the characters. I have no military people in my life at all, which I think is part of the reason.
I was flipping to get to the end more to be done with the book, not because I loved it.
It was suspenseful though. :)
Nancy Lee Badger
A very nice inspirationsl romance with a solid mystery surrounded by the military family theme. Death, attempted murder, and shades of sexual tension add to the heart-warming story. It keep me up late reading it!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Military Investigations
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Military Investigations
Category: Inspirational Romance
Doris Pearson
suspense, scary, romantic... I liked this and want to read more.
Jill
I figured out who did it, but not why or how.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Jun 28, 2014
Megan 'ross' charlton
Megan 'ross' charlton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Alegnab
Alegnab marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Elaine Applebury
Elaine Applebury marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Stephanie Morgan
Stephanie Morgan marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Debby Giusti is a medical technologist who loves working with test tubes and petri dishes almost as much as she loves to write. Growing up as an Army Brat, Debby met and married her husband – then a Captain in the Army – at Fort Knox, Kentucky. Together they traveled the world, raised three wonderful Army Brats of their own and have now settled in Atlanta, Georgia, where Debby spins tales of suspe...more
More about Debby Giusti...
Killer Headline  (Protecting the Witnesses, #2) The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1) The Captain's Mission (Military Investigations, #2) The General's Secretary MIA: Missing in Atlanta