Start by marking “New York's Finest Rebel” as Want to Read:
New York's Finest Rebel

New York's Finest Rebel (Brannigan Siblings #2)

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  137 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Isn't it every girl's fantasy to have one of NYPD's finest living next door? I love a man in uniform!Unless, of course, he's Daniel Brannigan—older brother of my best friend, with an ego the size of Texas and a reckless streak a mile wide. To say we bring out the worst in each other is an understatement! Especially now that we know each other's secrets….

So this is one fant
Published August 7th 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about New York's Finest Rebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New York's Finest Rebel

Saly
What an awesome book, loved the breezy style in which it was written & the fun fashionable heroine. The hero and the heroine had such awesome chemistry.

She's been in his life six years since she's his sister's best friend and is part of his big interfering family. She was also homeless once we learn. Like him she's good at making people keep their distance and for some reason both of them rub each other the wrong way since they met, so she is not happy when he moves in next door to her apart
Jacquie
Mar 04, 2012 Jacquie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reads
AMAZING!! Loved this book, it made me laugh, it made me cry, it made my heart hurt and it made it gladden. Everything a truly great romance should be!
Susan
Good book. Daniel moved in next door to Jo, not knowing that she was there. Jo didn't expect Daniel to be moving in there either. They have struck sparks off each other from the beginning, with snarky comments the norm whenever they are together. There's something different this time - the sparks are accompanied by some heat. Daniel is back home after his time in the Marines, and is happy to be back doing what he loves. However, he brought nightmares back with him and he doesn't intend to share ...more
Robyn
Aug 25, 2012 Robyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book here on goodreads through the first-reads giveaways.

New Yorks Finest Rebel was a fun, fast and flirty novel that I had a hard time putting down. Jo is a quirky journalist/blogger with a stubborn streak. She is a strong independent woman with dark secrets in her past. Daniel Brannigan moves in across the hall, a marine and a police officer for the NYPD, and Jo's best friends brother! The same brother who she cannot stand, and has argued with and tried hard to avoid for the past 5
Desere
Aug 23, 2012 Desere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Desere

Trish Wylie is one of the most fabulous authors I have ever had the honor of reading. And in New York's Finest Rebel she surpassed each and every one of my expectations.

I was mesmerized,entranced, and completely blown away. The scorching hot passionate electricity between the hero and heroine was fabulous and kept me glued to my seat for the best read of the year !

I loved how the hero was a damaged marine and needed so much needed TLC to bring him to the woman that would be his
Colleen
This was so much different that what I was expecting. It didn't read like the typical Harlequin. Jo and Daniel have known each other for six years. Jo is friends with Daniel's sister and as a result an unofficial member of his family. When the book begins sparks and barbs are flying when Daniel moves in across the hall from Jo. But there is an undeniable attraction. The walls they both have built over the years begin to crack.

I really enjoyed this book. I think I need to check out the book abou
Louisa George
Jun 21, 2012 Louisa George rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Trish Wylie book I've read and it won't be the last. Sparks fly when a damaged Marine/cop battling his demons tries hard not to fall for a feisty uber-independent fashion blogger. I LOVED this book, fast paced and brilliantly written, funny, emotional- made me laugh and cry. Looking out for more in the Brannigan series.
Brenna
Jul 24, 2012 Brenna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. This is a great beach read. It is fun and sassy, not to mention has a hot policeman in it as well. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to read this book.
Amafle
Feb 04, 2013 Amafle rated it liked it
Es fresco, no es tan rosa como otros títulos de Harlequin. Es un libro entretenido, para pasar el rato.
Tracey
Feb 03, 2013 Tracey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great enemies to lovers story. Lots of sexual tension, humour and emotion throughout.
Rebeca Olaciregui
Wow just wow I really like this book. It was funny, sad, sexy... Really recommended!
Michaela
Jan 29, 2014 Michaela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was terrible. Jo was barely a character as she changed almost constantly to suit what Danny wanted, which was the worse thing, Danny didn't tell Jo anything and yet practically demanded that she tell him everything and do everything he told her. She was also referred to as His woman. in the end (literally) he did tell her about his nightmares, which were all down to his massive hero-complex anyway.
June
Jul 14, 2013 June rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had quite a bit of humor which I enjoyed, but it also had some very serious issues that had to be resolved before Jo and Daniel were able to trust each other and at the same time help each other through their pasts. Very easy read with likable characters. Look forward to reading more from this author.
Tia
Sep 18, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found it kind of boring and the conclusion of the novel was sweet but it didn't really feel like a resolved novel. It did have some funny parts in it though, I enjoyed the laugh.
Andrea Moreno
2.5 ...more
Itzi
Itzi rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Carou ބ
Carou ބ rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Magali Merlos
Magali Merlos rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Liliana Martins
Liliana Martins rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Alba Molinas
Alba Molinas rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Corrie
Corrie rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Penny
Penny rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Joanne Quick
Joanne Quick rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Dolores
Dolores marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Lanie
Lanie rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Stephanie Brush
Stephanie Brush marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Alejandra
Alejandra rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
  • The Devil and the Deep
  • Contract with Consequences
  • The Navy SEAL's Bride
  • Rumor Has It (Texas Cattleman’s Club: A Missing Mogul #2)
  • I Want Candy (Bigler, North Carolina #2)
  • Molly Cooper's Dream Date
  • A Baby For Christmas
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • Faking It to Making It
  • Grayson (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #1)
  • The Maverick
  • The Last Woman He'd Ever Date
  • Forbidden
  • Beauty and the Brooding Boss
  • Oh-So-Sensible Secretary
  • Her Sister's Baby
  • Bedded And Wedded For Revenge (Modern Romance)
  • Girl in a Vintage Dress
Writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon, Irish author Trish Wylie is a three times Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award winner and has finalled in the Holt, Booksellers Best, Golden Quill and EPPIE Awards. Though madly in love with New York she still resides in Ireland with numerous four-legged friends who ignore her when she bemoans the lack of a local Starbucks.
More about Trish Wylie...

Brannigan Siblings (3 books)
  • The Inconvenient Laws of Attraction
  • Her Man in Manhattan (Brannigan, #3)