Start by marking “A Home for Hannah (Brides of Amish Country, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Home for Hannah (Brides of Amish Country, #6)

A Home for Hannah (Brides of Amish Country #6)

Yearning to find a meaningful life in the outside world, nurse Miriam Kaufman strayed far from her Amish community. She also needed distance from Nick Bradley, the cop who had caused her so much pain. Back in Hope Springs to care for her ailing mother, Miriam needs Nick, now sheriff, to find the mother of Hannah, the baby abandoned on her porch. Nick is as wary of Miriam's ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 288 pages
Published July 24th 2012 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about A Home for Hannah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Home for Hannah

Christina
An enjoyable read with a bit of suspense surrounding the mystery of Hannah's arrival. I had no idea what the outcome would be but was not disappointed.

I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
Anna Marie
Jan 23, 2014 Anna Marie rated it liked it
Well... I have to begin by saying that typically I give Amish books a WIDE berth. Mostly because I lived in Amish country for ten years, and they treated me like I had a plague if I so much as looked their way. That's not even getting into the 'they can hold their clothes together with metal, storebought safety pins, but wooden buttons are taboo', or the wagons hitched at McDonalds, or how about the 'we don't use electricity' but we do bury the cables under the ground and run power tools in the ...more
Sep 02, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: A HOME FOR HANNAH
Author: Patricia Davids
Publisher: Love Inspired
August 2012
ISBN: 978-0-373-87757-7
Genre: Inspirational/romance

Miriam Kaufman has gone home to her Amish community to care for her ailing Mom. Her mom had two heart attacks within a short time. Miriam left the Amish to become a nurse and she has a side-job helping Amish youth run away. But this time it isn’t a youth waking her in the middle of the night. It’s a newborn baby.

Police officer Nick Bradley used to be Miriam’s boyf
Courage Knight
Oct 11, 2015 Courage Knight rated it it was amazing
I love all of Patricia Davids' books! She writes with so much feeling and compassion, but without melodrama. Her characters feel so real! I'm a bit envious - wishing I could write like that. I will read everything she publishes, and so far I have always given her five stars. I've never met a "Patricia Davids' Novel" that I didn't like.

This one will not disappoint, either. There is an abandoned baby girl, a grieving woman, an aging mother, a young sheriff with a heavy conscience, and so much more
Brenda
Nov 08, 2014 Brenda rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish
I really liked this story, if you were to put the earlier story in this series between Faith and Adrian and then add in the story between Rebecca and Gideon, you'd have the perfect setting for this book, because its like Patricia Davids blended the two stories to make a new one, but added just enough to make it unique. If I hadn't been reading this series in order, back-to-back, I probably would not have noticed the similarities between the three stories.
June
Jul 19, 2012 June rated it really liked it
A baby found on the door step and trying to solve the mystery of it all. Miriam comes back into contact with Nick after many years and we get to watch them forgive each other for things that weren't their fault and things that never really happened. There are many things in life that we let affect us negatively that affect relationships with others. I liked the addition of the little foil stars and what they meant. Was an enjoyable story.
Gaylee
Jun 12, 2012 Gaylee rated it it was amazing
I really like this book. I do enjoy stories about the Amish because they live basic lifestyles. Baby Hannah seemed like she could have belonged to a couple different people to me. Nice how Miriam took her in.
Lorna Peden
Oct 11, 2012 Lorna Peden rated it really liked it
Sweet story of baby left from a disappearing Amish buggy...note says mother will come back in awhile. People go through a lot with happy ending. I like all her books. Light reading. Inspirational (faith) romances.
Karen
Jun 18, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
Miriam left the Amish community and became a critical care nurse after her twin brother Mark died in a car crash. Nick had worked on Miriam & Mark's family farm summers when this all happened. A baby named Hannah is delivered to Miriam's mother's door step for care. What to do?
Anne
Nov 28, 2013 Anne rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a book by Patricia Davids that I haven't liked. This one was so sweet with the start of a baby left on the porch. The characters were so entwined with love and faith throughout the whole book.
Ruth F. Creamer
Nov 01, 2015 Ruth F. Creamer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A home for hannah

A very good read. I am enjoying this entire series. Willie looking forward to textbook in this series. I have learned a lot about t the Amish people throughthesebooks
Gineke
Feb 24, 2015 Gineke rated it really liked it
A good book with a neat little plot twist at the end. Don't get me wrong, it's a romance novel, you know it will have a happy ending from the first chapter and you can pretty much guess what that will be, but there are a few surprising details that take this book a step up from similar titles.
PWRL
May 28, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
A
John Hanscom
Jul 13, 2012 John Hanscom rated it liked it
Sweet, but not substantial.
Janie  R. Freeman
Jul 12, 2012 Janie R. Freeman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish
This is another wonderful story, I really enjoyed reading it!
Patricia Marvin Hilfiker
Jan 08, 2017 Patricia Marvin Hilfiker rated it really liked it
This book took a little while to get into unlike other books by Patricia Davids that I have read. Once I got in a few chapters I wasn't disappointed. Loved the way it ended.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Brides of Amish Country
Category: Inspirational Romance
Mindy Bollinger
Jan 03, 2014 Mindy Bollinger rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read
This was a great book about a baby being left on a door step of two amish women. A mother and daughter. They fall in love with the baby but must face health issues and past romance. Very easy read
Louise E.
Jun 24, 2016 Louise E. rated it really liked it
Good story. But, I was disappointed by the way the book ended.
Carolyn E
Dec 09, 2012 Carolyn E rated it it was amazing
I loved this story.
Cassie S
Cassie S rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2016
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2014
AnnaLaura
AnnaLaura rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2015
Elizabeth Engelhardt
Elizabeth Engelhardt rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2016
Christine Szymaszek
Christine Szymaszek rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Janah
Janah rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2015
Christy Newton
Christy Newton rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • A Simple Spring (Seasons of Lancaster #2)
  • The Prodigal's Christmas Reunion (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #6)
  • Abby Finds Her Calling (Home at Cedar Creek, #1)
  • A Promise for Miriam (The Pebble Creek Amish, #1)
  • Family Blessings (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #2)
  • A Heart Made New (The Bliss Creek Amish #2)
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time #2)
  • A Season of Love (Kauffman Amish Bakery #5)
  • The Way to a Man's Heart (Miller Family, #3)
  • Faithful to Laura (Middlefield Family, #2)
  • The Rancher's Secret Wife (Cooper Creek, #3)
  • Sarah's Gift (Pleasant Valley, #4)
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from
More about Patricia Davids...

Brides of Amish Country (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1)
  • The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2)
  • An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3)
  • The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4)
  • The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Plain Admirer (Brides of Amish Country, #8)
  • Amish Christmas Joy (Brides of Amish Country, #9)
  • The Shepherd's Bride (Brides of Amish Country, #10)
  • The Amish Nanny (Brides of Amish Country, #11)