Start by marking “Always the Best Man” as Want to Read:
Always the Best Man

Always the Best Man

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Standing at the altar, Damien is breathless as the woman he loves walks toward him—to marry another man. Knowing bridesmaid Zoe's watching him makes it harder still. The opposite of the bride, Zoe's too loud, too vibrant, too …everything! Zoe can't resist provoking him—just once, she'd like to see "Mr. Perfect" lose his cool. She can tell there are fireworks smoldering beh ...more
Published August 7th 2012 by Harlequin (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Always the Best Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always the Best Man

Susan
Very good book. The book opens with Damien watching his best friend marry the woman he is in love with. He has been very careful not to let even a hint of his feelings show to anyone, but he is understandably very tense at the wedding. Also at the wedding is the maid of honor, a woman that irritates Damien to no end. She is far too extreme a personality for him to be comfortable around. He is calm and always has a plan, and Zoe is impulsive and outspoken. When she starts pushing his buttons, he ...more
Darlene
OK, I'll admit it. I'm a snobby reader. I assume that anything with 'Harlequin Romance' written on the cover is going to be drivel.

I WAS WRONG!

I was so thrilled that this book was smart, funny and heartwrenchingly sweet. I could have done with some (or ANY) sex scenes, but the story stood on it's own without using sex as a crutch.

Both characters were so well defined that I felt I would recognize them on the street. I hope this author has other titles!
Heidi Rice
I picked this up for free at the recent RoNA awards ceremony in London as it was one of the nominated books for the RoNa Rose award (as well as one of mine!). I read it practically in one sitting and absolutely adored it. It's full of Harper's fabulous wit especially in the opening sequence when we first meet Damien Stone – the habitual best man of the title – who is having to support his best friend Luke while he marries Sara, the woman of Damien's dreams. But as with all of Harper's books the ...more
Julie Bonello
Opposites attract in the latest mesmerizing charmer by award-winning Harlequin Romance author Fiona Harper!

Damien Stone has lost count of the number of times he’s been the best man at his friends’ weddings. Upstanding, fiercely intelligent and a thoroughly decent guy, Damien embodies all the honourable qualities which qualify him as the perfect candidate for the job. However, when his best friend Luke asked him to be the best man at his wedding, Damien was less than thrilled. Damien and Luke mig
•Anna•
C'è una sola parola, sulla copertina di un libro, che riesce a spaventarmi più di qualsiasi altra cosa. Vi starete chiedendo di cosa stia blaterando, e beh... eccovi accontentati: "harmony". Faccio di tutto per evitarla come la peste, ma stavolta una vocina nella mia testa mi diceva che questo libro poteva rivelarsi una sorpresa. Sentivo odore di Higgins, e cullata dalla possibilità che potesse somigliare ad uno dei suoi libri... TOH. Mi ci sono buttata!

Damien Stone (impossibile scordare questo
Jo
Sep 10, 2012 Jo rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Lovely. Fiona Harper consistently writes entertaining romances and this is no different.

Damien Stone is in love with Sara, the woman marrying his best friend. She's elegant, graceful, perfect. Not like her best friend, Zoe. Yet when the original honeymoon sailing holiday is donated, Damien and Zoe find themselves at odds on a small yacht sailing the Devon and Cornish coasts.

Believable, likeable characters that each have something to teach the other, charm you through the book. It's a wonderful,
Lenore Kosinski
Gah! I wrote a review and Goodreads didn't save it! Meanies...

OK, sooooo.... This book had so many elements that equal a winner for me....insecure but sassy heroine...not-so-perfect hero....huge sigh worthy moments....lots of laughs....and even some eye pressure and chest tightness without actual tear production (sometimes it's nice to feel something, but not "epic bawl-fest" amount). So yeah, loved it...
April Hollingworth
Damien's in love with his best friends girl. So being his best man at his wedding is exceptionally hard, a fact not helped by Zoe the woman he loves best friend and highly annoying too loud to everything pain.
Zoe is fed up with the aloof manner of Mr Perfect and totally gorgeous Damien. She is determined to set the fireworks hidden behind his icy demeaner free. What she didn't take into consideration was their budding attraction.

Wonderfully fun. A heart warming novel of misguided hearts and side
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Zoe l’aveva definita una magia. Lui aveva trovato una spiegazione molto più razionale, ma gli piaceva pensare che Zoe avesse ragione. Era pura magia."

Copertina colorata e deliziosa (nella versione italiana XD) tanto quanto la breve storia di Damien e Zoe. Solitamente abbiamo l'eterna damigella d'onore zitella...in questo caso invece è Damien l'eterno testimone, il testimone perfetto e impeccabile. Perfino mentre guarda avanzare verso l'altare la donna dei suoi sogni, verso il suo migliore amico
Anna
The thing I like most aout this book is that the heroine is not physically perfect. I know that seems like such a silly thing, but in so many romance novels, the female lead is absolutely perfect and just has low self-esteem because some man broke her heart in the past. Zoe, though, is apparently actually overweight and her hair is out of control. So, okay, she's not a leper and her face isn't disfigured or anything. It's still refreshing as a woman to read a book about a real woman who isn't a ...more
Esra
Zoe'nin sürekli kendiyle dalga geçmesi Damien'ın içten içe buna sinir olması ve bunu yapma diye yalvarması.. Damien'ın planlarına bağlı kalma takıntısı ve bunun nedeni... Zoe'nin de tam tersi davranması ve bunun nedeni... Ve tabi ki Sara ve Luke... Ehh işte keyifle okudum diyebilirim :D Aradaki bazı atışmaları ve özellikle de şu restorandaki yemek muhabbetini zevkle okudum... Ama son okuduğum kitaptan sonra bu gitmedi pekk cıksss...
Viivika
Damien ja Zoe kohtuvad oma sõprade pulmas, kus mõlemad kogevad kohest ebasümpaatiat. Rikas ja üleolev Damien meenutab Zoele liiga tema endist kihlatut ning elav ja vormikas Zoe esindab kõike, mida Damien oma tulevikus näha ei taha. Üks suudlus ja lõbusõidujahi topeltbroneerimine hiljem leiavad nad end aga purjejahil puhkust veetmas just teineteise seltsis.
Filomena
Forse sono stata troppo cattiva ma l'ho trovato di una noia mortale... Davvero non vedevo l'ora di finirlo e fortunatamente è composto di poche pagine. I dialoghi tra i protagonisti sono inesistenti, i luogi comuni sono infiniti e il tutto condito da scenette ai limiti del ridicolo. Per fortuna è almeno scritto decentemente.
Tia
I actually didn't mind this novel too much, at parts it was a bit too slow for my liking but at other times it was almost perfect. I loved the ending though. I still feel somehow that the hero and heroine were lost.
Kelly
Slightly better than your average mills and boon. There was a lack of power play/imbalance between the two characters which is typical for this type of book so I didn't feel like slapping anyone.
Annette Bower
I'm reviewing some books by tears. This was a 4 tear book. I read it beside a pool on holiday and scrubbed at tears because Fiona Harper had me engaged with her characters.
Tracie
Very sweet story about opposites attracting. I loved how Damien and Zoe complemented each other.
Ana
A beautiful, easy read.
I've liked very much h/H: great characters.
Cynthia
Well worth the short read.
Lorry
Lorry marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Nov 23, 2014
Jfams
Jfams marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Ereika Clements
Ereika Clements marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Make My Wish Come True The Guy to Be Seen With Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe The Rebound Guy Snowbound in the Earl's Castle