Start by marking “Waking Up in the Wrong Bed” as Want to Read:
Waking Up in the Wrong Bed

Waking Up in the Wrong Bed (The Wrong Bed #59)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  190 ratings  ·  27 reviews
When film location scout Ellie Summers sneaks into a colleague's hotel room with seduction in mind, she's thrilled by her own daring!

But the smug morning-after glow morphs into red-faced mortification when she wakes in the arms of a total stranger! Ruben Theroux might be fine with the situation, but a flustered Ellie most definitely is not.

Ellie's only defence against this
Published August 7th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Waking Up in the Wrong Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waking Up in the Wrong Bed

Niina
Waking Up In The Wrong Bed was a contemporary romance with the twist of sex in the beginning, and then takes a good amount of the book of denial, snarky comments and seduction before it's given ago again. But I loved the concept! Ellie's oopsie of seducing the wrong man in dark hotel room instead of her flirty co-worker turns into a great story of sexual tension, few chosen words, lust and seduction!

Ellie's recent turn to confident woman is fun to read, she's determined not to repeat past weakne
Kerry-Ann McDade
Waking up in the Wrong Bed is a hot, romantic, modern Natalie Anderson classic! The author is by far a favourite of mine as she brings an emotional connection from her character to the reader and gives anyone the reading experience they deserve to get!

I couldn't get enough of it! The situation of the novel pulls the readers in wanting to discover more.

Ellie Summers takes the bull by the horns one night thinking (or rather not thinking) she's sneaking into her colleagues hotel room to seduce him
Mitch
My marathon of Harlequin romances continues with Natalie Anderson's "Waking Up in the Wrong Bed". Now I've been on a roll with surprisingly awesome and addicting Harlequin reads, but now I finally read one that is just good, not anything more.

It starts out as a yummy and tantalizing scene: a woman feels brave and wants to surprise her co-worker by waking him up in the middle of the night with hot sex, only to realize in the morning that it was a complete stranger! She is embarrased, but this hot
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
My Blog: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

Walking Up In the Wrong bed is fun, flirty, sensual, and wickedly HOT!!!

Ruben Theroux is a sexy incorrigible flirt and Ellie is one lucky girl to be on the receiving end of all that sexy hotness…just saying!

Natalie Anderson has outdone herself, I totally digg this book! There’s one scene in this book in front of the window at the cabin.... I’m not gonna give it away, suffice to say it’s stick your head in the freezer HOT!!!

Walking Up In the Wrong bed is a
John
Loved this one so much. Clearly, I need to read more Presents Extras. Great heroine with a career that she loves and doesn't give up (and a tour guide of movie locations, to boot) and a hero that is rich and clearly discusses and shows the hard work he's done to get there. The author actually manages to include a ton of sexual tension and courtship, so you never feel like they are rushing into things. Not to mention there is major lack of babies or giving up of strengths for the couple to be sho ...more
Chanpreet
This book started off with a bang and then went downhill from there. It's difficult to start a book out a couple having sex and then developing a relationship later. I was also expecting the high tempo to carry on through out the book.

The characters were rather young, but well written, and the locations were beautiful, but the story itself needed to be better shored up. The ending was enjoyable, but it still lacked the power of the beginning.
Shen
Soo I really liked the H/h in this book. They were just two people with difficult childhoods that lead them to mistrust and shun commitment as adults.

Ruben for all his faults is a great guy. Granted his smiles and easy going personality hides a lot of his fears, but he is still warm and approachable and absolutely adorable.

Ellie is a sweetheart. A self proclaimed "people pleaser" she has spent her life trying to change to fit into other people's life so she could be accepted. That has left her
Roub
this did not sound like a presents book ! i did not feel the love and der was no angst. what ruben and ellie shared was more like a mild flirtation and they were both sex-starved :-S
Cocktails and Books
This was a cute story with the premise of mistakeningly entering a room thinking you'd be spending the night with one person and finding out it was someone else.

Ellie, out scouting a location for a movie shoot, decides to give into temptation and spend the night with a co-worker who has been shamelessly flirting with her. She enters a room she thinks is her co-worker and has the most spectacular night of her life. Unfortunately, when daylight comes so does the realization that she took advantage
Julie Bonello
Natalie Anderson is sure to charm and enchant her readers with her sexy, sassy and simply irresistible romance for Harlequin Presents Extra: Waking Up In the Wrong Bed!

Film location scout Ellie Summers has got seduction on her mind! Having spent the last couple of months flirting with a colleague who doesn’t seem to realize that she fancies him rotten, Ellie decides to take charge and seduce him herself! Wearing her most flirtatious smile and some sexy lingerie, Ellie creeps into her crush’s hot
Mem
HPX212 Aug2012 Ellie Summers goes to the room, she thinks is her co-worker's, he's been flirting with her. When wakes up in the morning she discovers she has been with a stranger, not the man she knows. She can't get away from Ruben Theroux quickly enough. He can't forget her, but commitment is not in his vocabulary. She quits her job and goes to work as a tour guide, movies have been a big part of her life.
Bungluna
Instant lust is often present in romance stories, but this is the first lovers to friends (ok, more hook-ups to friends) one I've read. Great job by a talented author!
Cindy
So, that is a different start. Great way to start a book.
Of course it goes bad after that. And of course the ending is predictable, but who cares?
It is a fun and easy read.
Tracey
Amazing. More superb writing and creative magic from the wonderful Natalie Anderson. It made me smile from page one right through to the end. With a heat level set to sizzling it's like When Harry Met Sally but without the faking.

When Ellie Summers sneaks into bed looking for a night of passion she gets more than she bargains for when her unforgettable night turns out to have been with a man she can't remember! Sexy stranger Ruben Theroux is more than willing to offer a repeat performance and us
Sweety
I really enjoy this story. It's fascinating to imagine what Eli feel when she realized that she have sex with stranger. I quite like both of Eli and Ruben, both of them not want to loss each other, so they try to be just friend and not friend with benefit, but sometimes they attraction is more strong than they will so they have phone sex and one more night steamy night,but after that they try again to be friends, and in the end they realize what they feel each other more than friend or lover.

Lov
Diah Didi
I really liked it.
Always love the kind of one-steamy-night-only-but-turned-I-couldn't-get-enough romance.
But unlike some other books where the hero did truly play dirty, Ruben turned to be play nicely tricky. :D I liked the fact they did their best to be friends and loved the ending where they argued and fought not as couples but as friends.
Look very forward to read other books in the series: For One Night Only?

*why did everytime Ruben said "Ellie", all of the sudden Eli the elephant from Poccoy
Ginabm
Rápido de leer
LoudVal
Sure it had an odd "come on, really?!" gimmick to the beginning, but there's no makeover scenes (she actually makes fun of that possibility at one point!), no macho machismo overbearing male bullshit. No (idle) threats, no falsity, no weak female bull. Just good story, passion, flair. Such a breath of fresh air in rando romance. And the epilogue did not disappoint -- no stupid perfect babies or quickie perfect wedding scenarios... just a lovely, plausible ending for this healthy (hot!) couple re ...more
Emily Stone
Well!! What can I say? A little out of the ordinary start but everything you can expect from a mills and boon novel and it was an enjoyable read, loved the relationship between the characters, the story was good and I liked the fact that she played a little hard to get and treasured her independence.
Joanne
I just love Natalie Anderson's books, they're fun, sexy reads and this one is no exception :)

Ellie is such a like able heroine and Ruben is just drool worthy. There are lots of sexy scenes but there's also great banter between the hero and heroine.

Thanks Natalie for another fab read :)
Lenore Kosinski
Fun, steamy, with heart... Started off uber steamy -- which I should have expected from the intro, but it still surprised me. And then it slowed down and was cute, and quirky, and interesting. I enjoyed Ellie and Ruben together...they both had flaws, but they overcame them.
Marina Andreou
What a storie!!!!!It was so gorgeous and so special and i like the beginning so much.Thank u Natalie ..and it has a very nice cover ;)
Andy
If you get over the 'how on earth can you make that mistake!' set up then the rest of the book has a surprising emotional depth.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: For One Night Only?
Category: Classic Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: For One Night Only?
Category: Classic Romance
Ana Paula
Ana Paula marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
  • A Night of Living Dangerously (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)
  • His Marriage to Remember
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • What Lies Beneath
  • Never Stay Past Midnight
  • Return of the Moralis Wife (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • In Bed with a Stranger (The Fitzroy Legacy #2)
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • How to Ruin a Reputation
  • A Shameful Consequence
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • The Man Behind the Scars
  • Playing the Greek's Game (What His Money Can't Buy #2)
  • Trouble in a Pinstripe Suit
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester #2)
  • Married to a Mistress (The Husband Hunters, #1)

USA TODAY bestseller Natalie Anderson writes fun, frisky, feels-good contemporary romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon, Entangled Publishing and independently. With over thirty books published, she's also been a Romantic Times Award nominee & a finalist for the R*BY (
More about Natalie Anderson...

The Wrong Bed (1 - 10 of 59 books)
  • Bedded Bliss
  • Honeymoon With A Stranger (The Wrong Bed, #2)
  • Twin Beds (The Wrong Bed, #3)
  • Love Me, Love My Bed (The Wrong Bed, #4)
  • Midnight Train From Georgia (The Wrong Bed, #5)
  • The Wrong Wife (The Wrong Bed, #6)
  • His Double, Her Trouble (Harlequin Temptation, #655)
  • In The Dark  (Harlequin Temptation, #723)
  • Tangled Sheets (Harlequin Temptation, #727)
  • Not in My Bed! (Harlequin Temptation, #731)
Breathe for Me (Be for Me, #1) Bargain in Bronze (Flirting To Win, #1) Taming His Tutor (Entangled Brazen) Blame It on the Bikini First Time Lucky?