Start by marking “OLIVIA Acts Out: With Audio Recording” as Want to Read:
OLIVIA Acts Out: With Audio Recording

OLIVIA Acts Out: With Audio Recording (Nickelodeon Olivia)

Olivia is so excited when she finds out that her class is putting on a special play. Olivia is sure she'll land the leading role. But instead of getting the lead role, she is assigned the role of "Cow Number 2" and has only one line in the whole play: "Moo!" With her penchant for turning lemons into lemonade, and the determination and humor that's unique to Olivia, she man ...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by Simon Spotlight (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about OLIVIA Acts Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about OLIVIA Acts Out

Mary
Olivia is not excited to be cast as Cow Number 2 in the school play, but she manages to make the most of the experience. Olivia fans will appreciate her sense of drama and her desire for a bigger part; however, her upstaging her fellow cast members detracts from the message that there are no small parts.
Sarah Sammis
Apparently Olivia the Pig now has her own television series. There are books now based on that series, or tied to it as part of a marketing campaign (depending on how you look at it) and Jodie Shepherd (who also writes a number of Backyardigan books) has been brought on board to write these books. There's also a new illustrator, Patrick Spaziante. Olivia Acts Out is one of their collaborations.

In this book, Olivia and her class are putting on a play. She wants to be the star but she ends up bein
Gail Cooke
Jan 14, 2010 Gail Cooke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How can you not love Olivia? This perky, playful little porker is always up to some sort of smile provoking mischief. And often her doings also hold a lesson for young readers.

It's that time of year again at Olivia's school - time for the annual school play. Never one to under estimate her abilities Olivia is quite certain she will be given the leading role in The Fairy Queen. However, much to Olivia's distress Francine is given the role of the Fairy Queen and, oh, dear, Olivia is to be Cow Num
Bernadette
I think this book was quite enjoyable. Who doesn’t know a child that wants to be the center of attention? Olivia is excited to find out that there will be a play but also wants to have the leading role or one that's equally important. She learns an important lesson from her parents....."It's not what you say; it's how you say it."

Lesson: This would be in the domain of social/emotional. The teacher could form small groups to discuss how children should feel valued no matter what role or part they
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
What is there not to like about Olivia. Olivia despite being given a minor role in a school play manages to find a way to become the star of the show. The book is printed on storyboard type pages with raised and textured details to the pictures which feel two dimensional at times. A great addition to the Olivia series.
Tricia
Disappointing. No real flow to the story. I love Olivia but I'm a purist and prefer the Falconer books...this is written using the TV show characters and I have to agree with my colleague Zack's prior review...creepy.
Mrs Royle
Sep 05, 2010 Mrs Royle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 40-books
I just picked this up for my daughter because she was so good this weekend! I love Olivia because it teaches children to use their imagination and dream. The illustrations are good and the book has some pictures that are pretty cute.
c: 2009 genre: fantasy
K
Dec 25, 2009 K rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I prefer the original Olivia books.
Heidi
Oct 14, 2010 Heidi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture, fiction
How can you not love Olivia. She has quite the imagination. The story could have been better, but the illustrations and imagination make it worthy of 4 stars in my opinion.
Sam
cute book- if your little ones like olivia, this is a good one! olivia is always into a bit of trouble.
Michelle
I like the size and shape of the book and the slightly raised illustrations better than I like the story.
Zack
Nov 19, 2009 Zack rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I couldn't get past the creepiness of the illustrations.
Mary
I prefer Ian Falconer's version of Olivia, but this book was entertaining nonetheless.
Brandi Streeval
Jun 06, 2012 Brandi Streeval rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
read this to my daughter she loves Olivia very cute book
Mckinley
Nov 23, 2010 Mckinley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Olivia at her best!
Amber Nicole
Amber Nicole rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2011
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was ok
May 10, 2010
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2012
Mandy
Mandy rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Mary Librarian
Mary Librarian rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2010
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2011
Shauna
Shauna rated it it was ok
Nov 15, 2014
Nux
Nux rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2011
Sarah Hauge
Sarah Hauge rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2017
Brian
Brian rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
May 17, 2015
Tamra Crabtree
Tamra Crabtree rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2010
Lisa Konen Park
Lisa Konen Park rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Elke Erickson
Elke Erickson rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2012
Dean
Dean rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Nickelodeon Olivia (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Brava OLIVIA