Start by marking “OLIVIA Acts Out: with audio recording” as Want to Read:
OLIVIA Acts Out: with audio recording

OLIVIA Acts Out: with audio recording (Nickelodeon Olivia)

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Olivia is so excited when she finds out that her class is putting on a special play. Olivia is sure she'll land the leading role. But instead of getting the lead role, she is assigned the role of "Cow Number 2" and has only one line in the whole play: "Moo!" With her penchant for turning lemons into lemonade, and the determination and humor that's unique to Olivia, she man ...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by Simon Spotlight (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about OLIVIA Acts Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about OLIVIA Acts Out

Gail Cooke
How can you not love Olivia? This perky, playful little porker is always up to some sort of smile provoking mischief. And often her doings also hold a lesson for young readers.

It's that time of year again at Olivia's school - time for the annual school play. Never one to under estimate her abilities Olivia is quite certain she will be given the leading role in The Fairy Queen. However, much to Olivia's distress Francine is given the role of the Fairy Queen and, oh, dear, Olivia is to be Cow Num
Sarah Sammis
Apparently Olivia the Pig now has her own television series. There are books now based on that series, or tied to it as part of a marketing campaign (depending on how you look at it) and Jodie Shepherd (who also writes a number of Backyardigan books) has been brought on board to write these books. There's also a new illustrator, Patrick Spaziante. Olivia Acts Out is one of their collaborations.

In this book, Olivia and her class are putting on a play. She wants to be the star but she ends up bein
I think this book was quite enjoyable. Who doesn’t know a child that wants to be the center of attention? Olivia is excited to find out that there will be a play but also wants to have the leading role or one that's equally important. She learns an important lesson from her parents....."It's not what you say; it's how you say it."

Lesson: This would be in the domain of social/emotional. The teacher could form small groups to discuss how children should feel valued no matter what role or part they
When Olivia gets a small role in the school play, she wonders how she can become the star onstage.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
What is there not to like about Olivia. Olivia despite being given a minor role in a school play manages to find a way to become the star of the show. The book is printed on storyboard type pages with raised and textured details to the pictures which feel two dimensional at times. A great addition to the Olivia series.
Mrs Royle
I just picked this up for my daughter because she was so good this weekend! I love Olivia because it teaches children to use their imagination and dream. The illustrations are good and the book has some pictures that are pretty cute.
c: 2009 genre: fantasy
Disappointing. No real flow to the story. I love Olivia but I'm a purist and prefer the Falconer books...this is written using the TV show characters and I have to agree with my colleague Zack's prior review...creepy.
How can you not love Olivia. She has quite the imagination. The story could have been better, but the illustrations and imagination make it worthy of 4 stars in my opinion.
cute book- if your little ones like olivia, this is a good one! olivia is always into a bit of trouble.
I like the size and shape of the book and the slightly raised illustrations better than I like the story.
I prefer Ian Falconer's version of Olivia, but this book was entertaining nonetheless.
Brandi Streeval
read this to my daughter she loves Olivia very cute book
I couldn't get past the creepiness of the illustrations.
I prefer the original Olivia books.
Corey marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
C added it
Aug 26, 2015
Lily McGlone
Lily McGlone marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Lori Reed
Lori Reed marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Evelyn added it
Jun 03, 2015
Leah marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Nickelodeon Olivia (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Brava OLIVIA