Start by marking “Capturing Angels” as Want to Read:
Capturing Angels

Capturing Angels

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  313 ratings  ·  33 reviews
V.C. Andrews, queen of Gothic fiction for twenty-five years, explores a new genre in her women’s fiction debut—available exclusively as an eBook. A young mother struggles to keep her marriage together in the wake of her daughter’s kidnapping…and to keep hope of her return alive.

Grace is the doting mother of Mary, an angelic five-year-old who charms everyone around her. Bu
Published August 7th 2012 by Pocket Star (first published August 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Capturing Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Capturing Angels

Delicious Strawberry
"V.C. Andrews, queen of Gothic fiction for twenty-five years, explores a new genre in her women's fiction debut--available exclusively as an eBook. A young mother struggles to keep her marriage together in the wake of her daughter's kidnapping...and to keep hope of her return alive."

The above comes with the description of Capturing Angels. But there is one HUGE thing wrong with this. V.C. Andrews has been dead since 1986, and most of the books released under her name are not even hers (and no wo
Paula  Phillips
Are you a fan of V.C Andrews books ? I have been a fan ever since I first read the "real" Virginia Andrews book "Flowers in the Attic" and then I went on a reading binge and read everything of her's that I could get my hands on and then from there went post her death and started reading the V.C Andrews books. So when I saw this one, I knew I just had to read it . When I saw the cover , I had no idea what I was in for but as I read the first chapter I was thrown headfirst into a tale of child abd ...more
Kelly Hager
I loved VC Andrews novels when I was younger. Even recently, rereading the Flowers in the Attic series (except for Garden of Shadows, which I do hope to re-read sometime soon...ish) was a total guilty pleasure. Yes, the books were pretty awful, but they were also incredibly fun.

This book wasn't fun. I don't mean because it was wrenching (although obviously reading about a family with a kidnapped daughter isn't exactly light reading) but because it wasn't at all the VC Andrews I was used to.

It is a sad day when you can sum up a book by one of your favourite authors with one word and that word should happen to be boring. Unfortunately, this is exactly how I would describe Capturing Angels by V.C. Andrews. Gone is the gothic romance and fractured fairytales that made the name V.C. Andrews a worldwide phenomenon and in its place is a short, mediocre and poorly researched tale of a little girl who is abducted by a religious fanatic who believes that she has special qualities.

Told from
Oct 29, 2012 J.N. marked it as to-read
Welp, I wasn't going to read this because it was going to be e-book only, but apparently the longtime VCA fans have rebelled so hard that the publishers changed their minds. I'll wait for this one on BookMooch. God help me, I keep hoping to find one of the new VCA redeeming...but I will probably be disappointed!
"Capturing angels" starts with a mother and daughter in a shopping mall. Mother, Grace lets go of 5 year old Mary's hand for a matter of seconds. Mary disappears.

What follows is a mothers worst nightmare. The detectives decide she had been kidnapped and Grace and husband, John are devastated. Two months pass and still no sign of Mary. After befriending a particular detective on the case, grace finds out some extraordinary things about her daughter and the investigation starts changing direction
As a mother, I kept thinking what if thoughout the whole book. As I got closer to the end I couldn't put it down. For example, I just finished reading it and my clock reads 3:41am. I just would not have been able to sleep without know what happened!
Unlike many books that are associated with V.C. Andrews, "Capturing Angels" has the essence to stand alone without a series. This book was wrote more with the style of a book written by Danielle Steel with that the first real climax of the book was found over half way through. Usually, books that are associated with V.C. Andrews seem to have many small climaxes and even some that are almost immediately stated in the book. As far as the tone of this book, it was more similar to one that you would ...more
very good book. Not a typical VC Andrews book by any means, but a good suspense read.
Julie Peel-doick
Enjoyed this book from start to finish
Heather Wood
This book was a lot different than I was expecting, but definitely in a good way. When I think of VC Andrews books I think of incest, child abuse and sexual awakening. The only aspect that was typical of the author's previous works was religious fanaticism. This book was more of a contemporary adult mystery that dealt with the despair of a mother who lost her daughter.

The suspense starts immediately as we witness Grace's frantic search for her daughter at a local shopping mall. You can feel her
I haven't read a "new" V.C. Andrews book in a few years. As far as I can tell, V.C. Andrews ghost writer has decided to try out some new genres. I noticed a couple of years ago, there was a Vampire series! I actually bought the first book in the series but never got around to reading it and honestly, I have no huge interest in reading it now(mostly because I find Vampire books boring).

Capturing Angels is a bit of a mystery but also deals with loss and grief. This is the first time I've read a V.
I love that this book was not a typical V.C.Andrews book. I have always been a fan of the author, but after reading this book, I was happy that it didn't have all the twist and turns of other books she has written. the story of faith and family is strong as they find out that someone they trusted had abducted their daughter. As Grace and John question their relationship strength, they cope in their own ways with dealing with the loss of their daughter. Of course, it all works out in the end.
The first half of the book delved into the mindset of the mom; her reaction to her daughter's disappearance and her opinion of her husband's reaction. The second half of the book was the real mystery -- the who, what, why and how but still in the mindset of the mom. In this regard, it was much different from the typical mysteries I read and one hand, it was nice to get that depth from the mom but on the hand, it made the book move slowly.
I read this last year and where Im a massive fan of her and her ghost writer this wasn't the best.

I found parts really slow and it was written in a way to make you try and figure out who took the child and there being lots of red herons and lies their kept from each other I knew what was going to happen and who and kidnapped her just not the right reason.
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Nikki Marie
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
I enjoyed this VC Andrews more than many of the last ones I have read it was a little faster paced and not as predictable. A pleasant treat from the teenager angst and sexuality that so many of the VC Andrew books center around.
David J. Belliveau

I thought it was a good book, but not like anything else that I have read by whomever took over for the original author.
Bloody awful ... do anything other than read this complete & utter tripe masquerading as a novel!!
Kari Beh
This was ok. It had twists and turns but I knew who kidnapped their daughter right from the start.
Good book. interesting story and great twist to it..
I have always been a VC Andrew fan. I was unsure about the ghost writer at first, but then I read he Delia series and it had so many similarities to the Dollanger series that I figured I would give the newer works a shot. I enjoyed the book, but did not think it was in the same manner of true Andrew's works. There were several twists and turns to the point that I really did not see the ending coming. I thought in the end we would find Grace was nuts and Mary never existed. Overall, it was a pret ...more

I really liked this book. It was not like a "typical" book by V.C Andrews ghost writer, and didn't really feel like one of her books but I liked it nonetheless. I couldn't figure outwhatmade it so different until the very end- the point of view was that of an adult while most of the other books are from the point of view from a young adult. I hope the ghostwriter goes more in this direction than the way they had been going!
This novel was great! Much better than recent VC novels. The publishers were definitely listening to the readers. The story was not the same formula normally used for VC novels and there was no incest,crazy sex, or horrible family secret. I would recommend this book to any VC fan.
I've read all of her books, so needless to say i'm a fan of hers or her ghost writer. This book though was out of the normal writing style, it was about the parents more so than the child which is usually the style. I enjoyed the book but was slightly disappointed also.
Danielle Siel-butler
struggled to read it
Robyn Wold
I'm a sucker for anything VC Andrews. She doesn't disappoint with another heartbreaking tale of a mothers love, and to what lengths we will go have things the way they should be.
Lisa Harkins
This book just didn't feel like the V.C. Andrews I've loved over the years. It felt like even the writer was bored with it and kinda just put something together to it done.
  • The Crimes of Jack The Ripper
  • Laura's Ma (Little House Chapter Books: Laura, #11)
  • The Silence of Lir (Saga of the Spheres #1)
  • Millie's Rose
  • Always On Sunday:  An Inside View of Ed Sullivan, the Beatles, Elvis, Sinatra & Ed's Other Guests
  • Deadly Vows  (Protecting the Witnesses, #4 )
  • Enchanted Ever After (Mystic Circle, #3)
  • The Raven Woman (Fear Street Sagas, #17)
  • Cracks in the Sidewalk
  • Double Date
  • Zombie Bits (Murdermouth)
  • Fangtabulous (Vamped, #4)
  • Scarecrow
  • Out of the Frying Pan (Poppy Markham: Culinary Cop, #3)
  • The Vampire's Heart (The Legion Legacy, #1)
  • The Ghosts of Now
  • Ritual
  • The Book of Nonsense (Forbidden Books, Volume I)
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man
More about V.C. Andrews...