Start by marking “Secret of the Spa” as Want to Read:
Secret of the Spa

Secret of the Spa (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective #9)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  435 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
When I scored tickets to the grand opening of a new spa in town, I knew I had to take Bess. George came along, too, but she's been acting so weird. I knew this wouldn't be her idea of a total blast, but she's just been no fun at all. It's unlike her to be such a grouch!
But then, this new spa isn't turning out to be much fun, either. Deirdre's here, for starters. And some
Published May 1st 2012 by Aladdin (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Secret of the Spa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret of the Spa

♥Van'Nesia Scott Aka♥ J.K.`s Bitch♥
THIS BOOK IS ABOUT A DETECTIVE SHE IS SOLVING DIFFERENT THINGS
Annanya Pandey
Mar 30, 2012 Annanya Pandey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This book is about yet another adventure that has found Nancy Drew. When Carson Drew get's free passes to the new spa the three friends, Nancy, Bess and George thought that it was going to be a relaxing day and a day of totally being vegetarian as the spa also had a pure vegetarian food court. But an unknown person put cockroaches in the mud bath, turned up the heater of the steam room and added fish in the food. Who is behind all this?
Eric Wood
Apr 28, 2015 Eric Wood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was very pleased with this book. It was suspenseful and kept me on edge and i just couldn't stop reading it! The only thing i don't like is that the mystery with George was pretty lame, but it was nice to see Deirdre Shannon get what she deserves at the end! So overall, i really enjoyed this book, and i give it 4 stars!
Reese
Mar 15, 2016 Reese rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was a great book and I really enjoyed reading it. It was interesting and I wanted to keep reading to find out if any more clues or evidence found :) I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery stories or short stories. The good thing about Nancy Drew books is you don't have to read them in order because they're all about a different plot/mystery.
Renee
Jan 12, 2016 Renee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nancy Drew is a great read for any young girl. This book was fun and brought me back to my childhood. This wasn't the best of the bunch but enough to earn the three stars. Defiantly a good series for a young reader to enjoy.
D R
Mar 05, 2016 D R rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I dislike George in this book, she needs to control her jealousy and spending habits.
Sydney
May 18, 2015 Sydney rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
it was boring
Ganesh Rajasekaran
Great!!
Julie_ian_curtis
Ivana
Feb 03, 2013 Ivana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read the book called "Nancy Drew and the Sevret of the Spa" and it was fantastic.
The book had a lot of adventurous suspense in it and a lot of details that can make the book really interesting. The book was full of wonder and creativity. Carolyn Keene had created a great book. I can't wait to read more of Nancy Drew's series of books and feel like I am in her adventures. I hope you get the book at the bookstores and love it as much as I did.
Megan
Jan 04, 2008 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 9-13
Shelves: nancy-drews
I liked this book a lot. Although it wasn't the best Nancy Drew I've read, it was thoroughly enjoyable. The mystery didn't have such a solid base but they made it clear that something was going on by adding suspicious people and events. I would recommend this book for anyone who would be interested in a fabulous mystery.
Rachel
Apr 08, 2008 Rachel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why the formula for these books was changed into such a modern format. So much of the goodness of the REAL Nancy Drew books was lost! Carolyn Keene, what's wrong with you? :)
Morgan Lemke
Dec 24, 2012 Morgan Lemke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really good book! it is very unpredictable! I am kinda scared to go to a spa now though.. :)
Poster48
Its a great book but then again CAROLYN KEENE does write good books......................
Jazzlyn
Oct 20, 2013 Jazzlyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nancy Drew is such a cool character. I love Nancy Drew and the Nancy Drew books.
Laura Petto
Jan 12, 2008 Laura Petto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really think these new ND books have the old nostalgic tone of the originals.
Andd Becker
Oct 25, 2013 Andd Becker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent fast-moving story for girls ages 8 to 12. A winner!
Alecia
Dec 30, 2012 Alecia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Nancy drew but the culprit was a bit to obvious..
Aria
pretty good i hated the suspense
Saru (Queen of Bookland)
First Nancy Drew book I ever read!
Danielle
May 04, 2012 Danielle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Only have it because it is Nancy Drew.
Aine
Nov 21, 2010 Aine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really good.
Ashlyn
Sep 08, 2010 Ashlyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!
Elise Heppler
Feb 27, 2008 Elise Heppler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book and funny
Prashansa
Dec 16, 2010 Prashansa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: worst-books
Boring...
Jenny Fuglestrand
Jenny Fuglestrand rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Komal Patel
Komal Patel rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
FaithEN
FaithEN marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Julia Basri
Julia Basri rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
  • Boardwalk Bust (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #3)
  • Vampire Slayer (Nancy Drew: The New Case Files, #1)
  • The Official Nancy Drew Handbook
  • Whistler in the Dark (American Girl History Mysteries, #16)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew: Girl Detective (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Without a Trace (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #1)
  • A Race Against Time (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #2)
  • False Notes (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #3)
  • High Risk (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #4)
  • Lights, Camera... (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #5)
  • Action! (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #6)
  • The Stolen Relic (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #7)
  • The Scarlet Macaw Scandal (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #8)
  • Uncivil Acts (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #10)
  • Riverboat Ruse (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #11)