Start by marking “The Case of the Sneaky Snowman” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Sneaky Snowman

The Case of the Sneaky Snowman (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew #5)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Can Nancy solve this chilling mystery?

Who wears a blue scarf and old rubber boots, and has broccoli for a nose? It's Sherlock -- Nancy, Bess, and George's snowman! The girls are thrilled to be on winter vacation and take part in all of the season's activities! Nancy's friend Deirdre has even transformed herself into Madame Chocolata, a fortune-teller who predicts the fut
Published March 6th 2012 by Aladdin (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Sneaky Snowman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Sneaky Snowman

Mar 02, 2013 Sarah rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 3-5 graders
Recommended to Sarah by: friends in 3-5 grade
This series is full of mysteries, in this book the clue crew try to answer the mystery of The Sownman. When they go to get hot chocolate, the mashmellow reading fortune teller,Madame Chocolata, tells them that there snowman will walk away and they will fall down infront of hundreds of people at the ice show. Later they go to see there snowman and realize it's gone, they thought mabey Madame chocolata's a real forturne teller, so they got worried and tried to solve the mystery before the ice show ...more
Kaetlyn
HEY! Were is the SHERLOCK! I like that Deirdre thinks she can read marshmallows. I also like that they didn't give up. I wouldn't do it or I could get in trouble.
trinity
Good

this is a really good book and all, but I think it's for the easy reader kids not for advanced readers
Lori
This was a good beginners mystery that I read with the 8 year old in my life.
Jan
Nancy and her friends build a snowman, only to have it disappear! Deirdre, one of their friends, dresses up as Madame Chocolata and reads fortunes in the marshmallows floating in hot chocolate -- and some of her predictions come true! And was that Bigfoot they saw running across the street? Nancy and her friends have their hands full with these and few more puzzles to solve in this creative winter chapter book for ages 7-9.
Maymuna
It was AWESOME. Deidre is a fortune teller. Toby Leo had been listening to Deidre's fortunes and was making them come true. Like pizza and bracelets and stuff. And Bess fell on the ice. She was going to skate with famous ice skaters and she didn't even fall in the ice show. And then Nancy and George had parts too.
Erica
Another innocent fun read. My five-year-old daughter solved some aspects of the mystery, which made her feel like one of Nancy's Clue Crew. I love that the characters - main and supporting - good and bad - are cool without being cruel. We will continue to make our way through the series.
Dolly
Sep 21, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We are really enjoying this Nancy Drew series for younger children. The stories are fun and the age group is perfect for our girls. This is a silly mystery, but it makes us want to play in the snow and have hot chocolate...with marshmallows!
Sam
It's probably as good an introduction to the mystery genre for early-grade kids as most things being published nowadays. It's not interesting at all for an adult, though, and it only vaguely resembles the world of the "classic" Nancy Drew books.
Lisa
This was one of my students's favorite books from the series. We are moving on to a new series but many of them are still reading Nancy Drew on their own. :)
Malcolm says, "I think it was a good book. I LOVE Nancy Drew books. I want to be Madame Pepperona and Madame Chocolata."
Natalie
This book is very short!

i like it because there are just short little mysteries!

EASY READER!
Mel Raschke
Excellent book for the beginning readers who are interested in Nancy Drew.
Lilly Fife
I liked this series.
Although I'm 10 it's a litle too easy for me.
Ayesha Nathani
I HAVE WASTED MY HALF AN HOUR READING THIS NOTEBOOK.
Gray
it was the best one yet!
Jacquelyn Suegay
I love Sherlock the snowman !
Kaylee
Kaylee marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Melina Helgeson
Melina Helgeson marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Sarah added it
Jan 22, 2015
Susan Swanson
Susan Swanson marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Alicia
Alicia added it
Jan 18, 2015
  • The Charmed Bracelet (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #7)
  • Nancy Drew: A Novelization of the Hit Movie
  • The Catnapping Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #18)
  • The Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes
  • Little Critter: This Is My Town
  • Stella Batts Needs a New Name
  • Purple Princess Wins the Prize (Perfectly Princess)
  • Amelia Bedelia's First Valentine
  • Heidi Heckelbeck Goes to Camp!
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Brave Emily (American Girls: Molly)
  • Summer Party (Cobble Street Cousins #5)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • A Bundle of Trouble: A Rebecca Mystery
  • The Pumpkin Elf Mystery (Ready, Freddy!, #11)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • Sleepover Sleuths (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #1)
  • Scream for Ice Cream (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #2)
  • Pony Problems (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #3)
  • The Cinderella Ballet Mystery (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #4)
  • The Fashion Disaster (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #6)
  • The Circus Scare (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #7)
  • Lights, Camera . . . Cats! (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #8)
  • The Halloween Hoax (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #9)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • Ski School Sneak (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #11)
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)