Start by marking “Pasiones Y Traicion” as Want to Read:
Pasiones Y Traicion

Pasiones Y Traicion (Pregnancy & Passion #2)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,830 Ratings  ·  267 Reviews
¿Por qué ella no había cobrado el cheque que le había dado?

A pesar de la traición que había sufrido por parte de su prometida, el constructor Ryan Beardsley se encargó de ayudar económicamente a Kelly Christian cuando la echó de su lado. Por eso se quedó perplejo al encontrarla trabajando en un sucio restaurante de Houston.

Kelly parecía desesperada y estaba embarazada. Aun
Published July 24th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Pasiones Y Traicion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pasiones Y Traicion

Booklover
KNOCKED OUT! i am Speeceless,this story covers each and every emotion so perfectly may it be love,pain,anger,confusion,fear,heartache,humiliation.I cried for Kelly so much pain and hurt especially at the moment where Ryan says "I forgive you",she went through so much but did'nt break,Way she analised her relationship with Ryan,what n how went wrong and her loneliness really made me cry

even Ryan he was deceived by his own brother whom he raised like a son and mother whom he respects and loves,the
Saly
I've been wanting to read this book ever since we saw Ryan in the previous one searching for his ex-fiancee Kelly for some reason even if he believes she cheated on him with his brother.

He finds her pregnant and pissed at him and he doesn't understand why. Of course the reason is obvious, Kelly was setup by his family who hated her and instead of trust and support from a man who professed to love her, she got kicked out and a cheque.

What ensues is drama galore. They try to get along since the pr
MelissaB
Nov 03, 2011 MelissaB rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good Harly! Though this should have been a Harlequin Presents with all the emotion in it. I really enjoyed the story and was glad when the hero finally figured things out and ditched his family, though I am sorry the heroine went through so much while pregnant. Wish we would have seen an epilogue with the baby so we could see if it was a girl!
Splage
I picked this up because I liked the first book in the series and the whole pregnancy story line. This one was just not believable, as well as, most of the characters were jerks. The conflict was just too big for me and unforgivable. I wouldn't have ever talked to the hero again if I was the heroine. I would have taken every penny I could squeeze out of him and said later sucker.
Roksana
WHOA...I never expected such a punch of emotions!

photo tumblr_m67tqlq1751qcjw9qo1_500_zps3dorw4ah.gif
That's how I feel right now! My emotions are all over the place and many questions still plague me...WHAT WOULD I DO? Would I forgive the Hero like heroine ultimately did? If the book makes me question my integrity it means something! It means that the book provoke emotions in me and question my own decisions! To sum up, this is a very powerful read! I raged, I cried and I suffered with both characters, especially heroine...I felt her pain deep i
Dee
I love Ms Banks and once again she has delivered a well written piece of work.

I will admit and say that I read Harlequins Presents & Desire collections because I like the angst that they provide - the more angst the better. This book didn't disappoint as there was plenty of it and did exactly what it was meant to do and made me very emotional. I felt sadness & anger and it even had me crying at one point! Ryan was very lucky that Kelly forgave him in the end and yes although it was inevi
Wendy Ciliacus
I love a book were the hero fucks up real bad and spends a long long time groveling to make things right. That's not what happend here though....

The heroine went back to him even before he admitted that he was wrong and the groveling didn't start until the very end...

She went back to him, thinking she would just put the past behind them and eventhough she was still upset, she didn't do or say a fucking thing until the end and when his groveling began...she forgave him way too fast.

This was an ok
Naksed
Paint-by-the-numbers Harlequin romance that has the Evil In-Laws and The Great, Terrible, Misunderstanding drive the lovers apart. H is so damn TSTL that even his epic grovel failed to bring satisfaction. h is the typical doormat-martyr Mary Sue. Nothing new here.
Srishti Ahirwar
Finally a Maya Banks book I did not like. The female protagonist was so stupid and naive I wanted to slap her so bad..The hero was an ignorant dick. If he was my boyfriend I would have punched him till he had a broken jaw, bloodied lip and a black eye! The emotional scenes were quite nice at first,but then there was so much drama that I did not feel bad for either of them..I just wanted to bodily harm both of them! Inspite of being of 21st century,the heroine lacked common sense.I mean who LEAVE ...more
Leona
Nov 08, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
Maya Banks definitely wins most riveting read of the year with this book!!! Ryan and Kelly make a wonderful couple. Kelly was strong, even though she was betrayed by the one person she should have been able to trust. In spite of the bitterness and challenges she moved forward to make a life for herself. I respected the hero Ryan for his ability to look past all the pain, hurt and betrayal. I was gripped from the first page to the very last page...hoping that these two would gain back what they h ...more
Chantal
It took me a while to find my copy of this ebook. It was amazing!!! Omg the grovel was just right for all that he put her through. He was so loving even thinking what he thought about the heroine. That mother and his brother what a piece of work they both are. I would have liked the brother to have been up on charges however so that she would be vindicated of all wrong doings. I enjoyed this book way more then I thought I would. A keeper and I will reread this one many times I am sure.
Note safe
RLA
Mar 07, 2012 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero Ryan finds the heroine Kelly working at a run down diner, after searching for her for a while, and is surprised to see she is heavily pregnant. His initial anger towards her is replaced with concern when he sees that she is obviously not well. Kelly doesn't know what to think about Ryan turning up and pretending to be concerned about her, she has never forgotten her hurt and heartbreak when he refused to believe her against his brother's lies. But she knows that she has reached the end ...more
MBR
My first paperback read after AGES turned out to be a great one. Wanted by Her Lost Love by Maya Banks is a great romance to lose yourself in if you have got about 2 hours to spare. In the midst of the intense and lengthy reads that I have been indulging in, not to mention the stress of the last couple of days, Wanted by Her Lost Love delivered exactly what I wanted right from the very minute I turned the first page.

Ryan Beardsley is looking for Kelly Christian, his ex-fiance, whom he believes b
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Kelly is 6-7 months pregnant and working in a crappy diner when her ex-fiance, Ryan, finds her. She left New York after he threw her out when he thought she cheated on him with his brother. He knows the baby must be his, and convinces Kelly to come home with him so he can take care of her and fix their relationship. Kelly is still in love with him, but finds it hard to put her hurt aside from when he showed her no trust. Ryan learns the truth, takes action, and moves his new family to a special ...more
CC
Another angst ridden book in this older series by Maya Banks. Even with all the angst, I really enjoyed this book. Enjoyed may not be the right word. It sounds a little too...happy. I appreciated this book. There are no lovable Heros in this series, but Ryan gets the closest. Stupid - yes. Blind, obtuse, dense, idiotic, I can go on and on. But he tried so hard to forgive her and move on. I felt for him. And I really was able to identify with Kelly. She was believable. Not a martyr.

My issues - t
 B.E.Love
Oct 10, 2012 B.E.Love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first.
This is the second book in the Pregnancy and Passion's series and I have to say it's is much better than book one. This book is filled with hurt, angst, passion, twists, and turns, and betrayal. Ryan and Kelly were engaged to be married till Ryan's brother told him that he slept with Kelly. When Ryan finds out he immediately broke off their engagement and wrote a check to Kelly and told her to leave. Months later Ryan has hired a investigator to find Kelly and see why she h
P.A. Lupton
Mar 07, 2012 P.A. Lupton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book thinking it would be a fast, fluffy read. I was a little taken aback by how emotional it was. Sad to say, but I didn't really expect the quality of writing that I got. I love that. I love when you don't expect much but the book delivers, regardless of your expectations.

I was fighting back tears from page 3 to the finish. I don't know, maybe it was just pregnancy hormones--apparently they can turn you into a weepy mess. Can pregnancy hormones rub off from the heroine? It's
Jacqueline
Quite the angst fest. Both the hero and the heroine were well written. The story held together but I felt that it really needed to be a bit longer to really do justice to the story. There was a lot there and there was a lot of betrayal and bad decisions etc., that really just needed to be filled out more. High level of emotion all around. The hero did feel horrible about how he treated the heroine and we were in his head for that but I still think that he needed to actually grovel more before th ...more
☂ ℬrandi
2.75 (not as good as book #1, but not awful. Perhaps if I weren't comparing it to book #1 it would rate higher. Alas, I am comparing.)

This started out as a great story. Ryan ends his engagement and throws his fiancée, Kelly, out of his home after his brother, Jarrod, reveals that he and Kelly had an affair. Ryan writes Kelly a big check because he knows she has nowhere to go, no one to turn to, and even though she betrayed him, he can't let her go without making sure she'll be okay. It's 6 month
Noelle
--- 3 1/2** --- This is the first Harlequin that I have actually enjoyed. I had alway thought that they were just too short for the author to get all of the emotions and actions packed into it to make it worth reading. Maya Banks pulls this off well,imo.

Kelly (h) has met the love of her life. It's kind of a Cinderella story, she's a waitress working her way through college and he's a customer....a rich one. When they meet sparks fly and they speed their way through the stages of realationships r
Dalia
Jan 18, 2013 Dalia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is full of all sort of emotions, love, hate, pain, anger, bitterness, betrayal, tension you name it. It is gut-wrenchingly sad to see how much pain Ryan and Kelly are going through. Rayan thinks kelly betrayed him with his brother, Kelly hurts because of his mistrust and the easiness with which he kicked her out of his life believing the worst of her.
Kelly is a wonderful heroine, she has been through a lot but she is strong and proud and willing to start a new life for herself
Paula Legate
The story line was good. I just wish I felt more of a connection to the main characters. I have always love the books Maya banks writes so I was a little disappointed that this book didn’t pull me right in.

Ryan had wrote Kelly a check and kicked her out of his life 6 months ago. Ryan thought Kelly had cheated on him with his brother. He loved her, and didn’t understand why she would do that. Kelly left and never looked back. She never cashed his check.
Ryan didn’t know why she never cashed his ch
Vintage
I read this a long time ago, but I have read it many times (hang my head), but it's such a trooper, angsty book.

I am not going to rehash the plot, but if you like an angsty read then all three books in this particular series are pretty good. My personal two favorites are this one as well Tempted.

What Kelly goes through is pretty terrible, accused by her lover. It just gets better and leads up to a pretty good grovel by the hero. I am all about the grovel!
Lynsey A
Very emotional read. I felt Kelly's pain. For example: There is a point in the beginning when Ryan finds Kelly and asks her to go with him and she tells Ryan he is insane, why would she go with him? Ryan says "Because you need me." Kelly's reply:

"Pain speared through her chest, robbing her of breath. 'I needed you before.'"

Quite heartbreaking and that was just the beginning.

I enjoyed this one immensely and am looking forward to the next book in the series.
Marielle
Jul 16, 2013 Marielle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This woman couldn't have been less liberated if she'd tried. She stopped going to school to concentrate on being the perfect girlfriend? Really? And like two more semesters of school would really have made a big difference in her career. And unless I misunderstand something about American health care, wouldn't she have used up all her savings just having the baby in a hospital? Blah.
Melanie♥
Update: Audiobook version (Jan 2016): I enjoyed this one when I read it back in 2011. I picked up the audio version and think it is still a solid 4 star read/listen.

Linda Sims
Mar 14, 2016 Linda Sims rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Vanessa
Apr 10, 2012 Vanessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mskychick
Apr 16, 2014 Mskychick rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: henrico-ebook
Gah. This was awful! She was an idiot for even thinking of getting back with him!
No way would I have forgiven him, he is an utter turd
The World of Maya...: * 2.Wanted by Her Lost Love 6 27 Apr 08, 2014 04:44PM
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • The Italian's Revenge
  • Expectant Bride
  • The Fourth Child (Family Matters #3)
  • Her Little Secret, His Hidden Heir (Billionaires and Babies, #16)
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • Sweet Surrender, Baby Surprise (Duke Brothers #2)
  • Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara, #1)
  • His Unknown Heir
  • Shattered Trust
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Response
  • A Baby Between Friends (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #2)
  • An Inconvenient Affair (The Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

Pregnancy & Passion (4 books)
  • Enticed by His Forgotten Lover (Pregnancy & Passion, #1)
  • Tempted (Pregnancy & Passion, #3)
  • Undone (Pregnancy & Passion, #4)