Start by marking “Risk Intelligence: How to Live with Uncertainty” as Want to Read:
Risk Intelligence: How to Live with Uncertainty

Risk Intelligence: How to Live with Uncertainty

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Published April 17th 2012 by Free Press (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Risk Intelligence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risk Intelligence

Anna Maconochie
Evans' thorough investigation into how we make decisions is an eye-opener. Whether you are a parent, a gambler, a politician or a security guard or just want to improve your risk intelligence, this is a must-read. Stylishly written with fascinating examples, this is a highly enjoyable, rigorously academic book that will seep into your everyday thoughts.
Mahé
This book is a great balance of academic knowledge, original and authentic thinking supported by research and pertinent surveys. The concept of 'Risk Intelligence' is brought to the reader in a smooth flowing manner with lots of information, references and surprising anecdotes that makes a very useful, interesting and fun read. A must read.
Julia
A fascinating topic, but I couldn't even finish the book because it rambled and was utterly annoying.
Cem
Lightweight.
Anne Borrowdale
Risk intelligence is the ability to deal with risk and uncertainty and estimate probabilities accurately - whether about the likelihood of events happening, or judging whether a piece of information is true. It’s about being able to gauge the limits of your own knowledge, knowing when you don’t know much, and being confident when you do.

It gets technical in parts, but is a reasonably easy read. However, having read other books on a similar topic, I didn’t find much new in this. One area I was i
Scott
Had an impact on my view of daily reality. Little do we realize the extent to which we rely on statistics and probability all the time -- innately and via culture.
Raj Rajkumar
I couldn't finish this book. While I understand and appreciate the author's retelling of established research findings on the frailty of experts and the human inability to gauge probabilities, I felt that the RQ metric and techniques for improving Risk Intelligence were just commercial drivel--marketing collateral to sell consulting services.
Nils
Though provoking popular psychology of the decision-making process. Not as clear as it ought to be about the cognitive and emotional difference between assessing uncertainty and assessing ambiguity.
Briana
Strong explanations of our willingness to take risks/not.
Adriano
Interesting, instructive, unputdownable. Well writing...
Obadah
Obadah marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Yasser Khan
Yasser Khan is currently reading it
Nov 21, 2014
Yingwenshuqun
Yingwenshuqun marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Andrian J
Andrian J marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Perry
Perry marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Liam
Liam marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Hour Between Dog and Wolf: Risk Taking, Gut Feelings and the Biology of Boom and Bust
  • Calculated Risks: How to Know When Numbers Deceive You
  • The Cambridge Handbook of Expertise and Expert Performance
  • Hedge Fund Market Wizards
  • Every Hand Revealed
  • Pit Bull: Lessons from Wall Street's Champion Day Trader
  • Flash Foresight: How to See the Invisible and Do the Impossible: Seven Radical Principles That Will Transform Your Business
  • Mothers and Others: The Evolutionary Origins of Mutual Understanding
  • Your Child's Strengths: Discover Them, Develop Them, Use Them
  • The Ravenous Brain: How the New Science of Consciousness Explains Our Insatiable Search for Meaning
  • The Elliott Wave Principle: 20th Anniversary Edition: Key to Market Behavior (Wiley Trading Advantage)
  • The Hidden Brain: How Our Unconscious Minds Elect Presidents, Control Markets, Wage Wars, and Save Our Lives
  • The Folly of Fools: The Logic of Deceit and Self-Deception in Human Life
  • The Penguin and the Leviathan: How Cooperation Triumphs over Self-Interest
  • The Failure of Risk Management: Why It's Broken and How to Fix It
  • The Perfect Swarm: The Science of Complexity in Everyday Life
  • Sleep Paralysis: Night-mares, Nocebos, and the Mind-Body Connection (Studies in Medical Anthropology)
  • Going to Extremes: How Like Minds Unite and Divide
Dylan Evans is the founder of Projection Point, the global leader in risk intelligence solutions. He has written several popular science books, including Risk Intelligence: How to Live with Uncertainty (2012), Emotion: The Science of Sentiment (2001) and Placebo: The Belief Effect (2003), and in 2001 he was voted one of the twenty best young writers in Britain by the Independent on Sunday. He rece ...more
More about Dylan Evans...
Introducing Evolutionary Psychology Emotion: The Science of Sentiment An Introductory Dictionary of Lacanian Psychoanalysis Introducing Evolution, New Edition (Introducing (Icon)) Placebo: Mind over Matter in Modern Medicine