Our First Dance

Our First Dance (Kimani Hotties)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Bad-boy impresario Damien Johnson lives to capture the spotlight and play the field. Dancing too close to the flame got him burned once before, so a relationship definitely isn't in his master plan. But the beautiful newcomer to his ballet company has all the right moves—and is proving to be a challenge he's not sure he can resist.…Natasha Carter is committed to becoming a...more
Published June 19th 2012 by Harlequin Kimani

Shawnette
LOVED it...the deeply INTENSE passion between Natasha and Damien keeps me turning the pages...so enjoyed their STRUGGLE to control their INSTANT attraction...and LOVED the tight bond they share w/their families...and I'm so looking forward to reading about the possible love connection between Marcy and Nathan...Ms. Hubbard is FAST becoming one of my favorite authors.
Jackie Roberts

Judy Hubbard's "Our First Dance" is an amazing book. You could see the instant connection between Natasha and Damien. I really enjoyed every minute of this book. Looking forward to the reading Marcy and Nathan's story and more from this awesome author. I highly recommend this book.
Rhonda
4 STARS Our First Dance is an enjoyable story. Good see the dance in my mind. Thier were a lot of love scenes in the book that I skimmed over. Natasha Carter has been asked to audition for Johnson Ballet Company for the role of Juliet. She has audition for so many leads and never got them yet. She was not prepared to sleep for the parts. Or else because she is a African-American and her family is wealthy. Damien Johnson was in a wreck 10 years ago that stopped him from dancing. So he switched to...more
Urbandivaz
Judy Lynn Hubbard does a phenomenal job on Our First Dance. The chemistry between Natasha and Damien was explosive. Natasha Carter was a prima ballerina and Damien Johnson was producing his own ballet. Damien sought Natasha out for an audition in his upcoming production after seeing her perform a year or two prior. While they try to fight their attraction to each other they quickly learn that you cannot fight what is in your heart. I like that Damien thought he was in control but in reality Nata...more
Toni
Life for a Black ballerina can be a difficult one. You have to constantly fight the perception of what a "ballerina's body" is and work twice as hard as others to prove your ability to do the job. After years of this, Natasha Carter finally has the opportunity for a lead role with the Johnson Ballet Company's production of Romeo and Juliet.

Damien Johnson has started his ballet company as a way to stay involved in the industry after an accident has ended his own dance career. Damien has been burn...more
Dafort
Damien Johnson and Natasha Carter meet and sparks fly. He owns the ballet show Natasha is performing for and each does not want to jeopardize the business relationship, but you can't fight attraction. Damien has his own person demons to fight and Natasha is determine to make a name for herself without her parent's influence. Together these two must find their way to love and trust. Will they succeed.

Our First Dance was a good read. This was my second book by this author and I enjoyed Damien and...more
Hsiau Wei
This book tells the story of Natasha who accepted the main role as the prima donna for Damien's play " Romeo and Juliet". From the time that Damien saw here, he has been attracted to her. However, his policy of no romance between casts in his play has become a hindrance for both of them when they cannot seems to let go of the attraction for each other. What started off as an affair, its become very complicated later part of the story where both families try their best to match them up.

Overall, t...more
Reshemah
Our First Dance is a wonderful love story about a ballerina named Natasha and her boss Damien. They both know that being together is not a good idea because Damien is Natasha's boss but the chemistry is so strong between the two they are fighting a loosing battle. Ms. Judy Hubbard told a great story about love and romance. I think this is going to be a start to a series because of the other characters introduced in this story deserve a book of their own. This is the second book from this very ta...more
Malika
Quick vacation read. :)
Tiffany
This is the second novel by Ms. Hubbard and I really enjoyed it. Natasha is a ballerina that tries out for Juliet in Damien’s production and the moment that they meet you can see the attraction and chemistry between the both of them. Even though Damien is against mixing business and pleasure is he cannot fight the attraction but things from his past are obstacles in their relationship. I thought this was a great love story and looking forward to seeing what will happen with their siblings.
Kim
This is my first read from this author, and it was a good introduction to her work. I really enjoyed the ballet back drop. It is not one that is written about often, so it was nice to read a different type of story line for a change. Natasha and Damien has a sweet romance. They were clearly attracted to each other from the start, and had a nice courtship. I look forward to reading more of this authors work.
Shone
Aug 02, 2012 Shone rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: avid romance readers.
Lies, jealousy, and an accident give Damien Johnson a new look on life. Ballerina Natasha Carter crosses his path and the lines between right and wrong, happiness and unhappiness, fear and apprehension all begin to come together. Is there a way out; read Our First Dance to see what you think.
Mayas
I was so in love with this book from beginning to end. I so thought like Natasha when she was faced in telling him about the pregnancy. I am si happy everything turned out but wonder if the other ls in the troupe would respond to the marriage and baby.
Trina Patterson
I loved this book. It was a great exploration of the art of ballet and the love story was top notch! You are totally engrossed in the lives of Damian and Natasha.
Tamika Smith
This was a great book!! Natasha and Damien was made for each other. Now bring on Marcy and Nathan!!
Talia
so far so good and the instant attraction between natasha and damien is excellent
Marilyn Diamond
I loved the intimacy and romance building up to love. Great Book
Kelly Murphy
OMG I didn't want this story to end. Simply beautiful.
Nikita Isaac
Judy loved it. Waiting on your next one!!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Kimani Hotties
Heather Flaigg
Heather Flaigg marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Mayuri
Mayuri marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Judy L. Hubbard is a Texas native. She acquired her love of romance novels at the age of 14 when her sister gave her a Harlequin Romance book to read and from that point on, she has been an avid romance reader.

Her first Harlequin Romance, THESE ARMS OF MINE, was published January 24, 2012. Her second novel, OUR FIRST DANCE, was released on June 19, 2012.

Judy is a member of Romance Writers of Ame...more
More about Judy Lynn Hubbard...
These Arms of Mine Our First Kiss Our First Embrace Take Me in  Your Arms How I Met My Husband