Start by marking “Plain Secrets (Willow Trace, #1)” as Want to Read:
Plain Secrets (Willow Trace, #1)

Plain Secrets (Willow Trace, #1)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  14 reviews
After years on the Philadelphia Police Force, Elijah Miller thought he'd left his Amish past behind. But when the murder of a young Amish girl starts to raise suspicions, Eli has no choice but to investigate. He'll do his duty, even if it means facing the father who won't speak to him—and the woman who rejected him. Hannah Nolt is just as beautiful as Eli remembers, and th ...more
Published July 3rd 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Plain Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plain Secrets

Megan Kelly
Having left the People without joining the church to become a cop, Elijah is neither Plain nor Englischer. He's brought home from Philadelphia by request of the governor to look into the murder of his former girlfriend's stepdaughter.
Now widowed, Hannah is devastated by the loss of the girl she's mothered for so long. With Eli back among the People, her ol
Amanda
I love this book. It is such a great book full of detail that the author spent a lot of time researching about the Amish. To bring a story from the Amish life and mix it with the outside life, it was put together so well.

It is hard for any parent to let their child experience things on their own, but with the Amish and their Rumspringa, I could imagine the feelings and emotions that go thru them. Hannah was a great mother to Jessica and it hurt that Jessica wouldn't open up about the things hap
LadyCalico
This mediocre book could have been a really good one with a little bit of proofreading, editing, and helpful hints from friends or a good police consultant. It was better than your average generic re-cycled bonnet romance plot with a little more danger and mystery, but it succeeded much better in the romance part than the suspense part--which was chock full of holes and hokey. It really bothered me how people would mysteriously show up at places they couldn't have known about, at homes of people ...more
Shari Larsen
Elijah Miller, a detective with the Philadelphia police force, thought he left his Amish past behind. But he is sent back to the community where his family still lives to investigate the murder of an Amish teenager, and her step mother, Hannah, just happens to be his former girlfriend who rejected him. He also has to face his father, who quit speaking to him when he left the community. Hannah is just as beautiful as he remembers, but this time, he cannot run away from his feelings, because she i ...more
Carolyn E
This one gets 5-plus stars; I loved it!!

I have never read anything by Kit Wilkinson before. I really enjoyed this one. I hope we will be seeing more from this author, perhaps a sequel to Plain Secrets. I hated to see this one end.

I highly recommend it to everyone, especially to all lovers of Amish fiction.
Northern
I love Amish stories but I'm not into romance at all. At least with this series (Love Inspired Suspense) there's suspense and a plot to hold onto. Would love to find straight suspense in an Amish setting. Nice story, though.
John Hanscom
A very sweet book with an interesting mystery to be solved, though what was going to happen with the couple was pretty obvious.
Janet
Aug 18, 2012 Janet marked it as to-read
I live in Amish Country and have an Amish babysitter. Would love to win this book!
Marcie
Started it late this morning and finished about a half hour ago. Held my attention. just the right amount of romance and suspense
Katie
Mar 05, 2013 Katie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: amish
I truly liked it.A thoroughly enjoyable read. Set in Amish country, this mystery mixes the Plain ways with the outside world when an Amish teen is found dead.
Having left the People without joining the church to become a cop, Elijah is neither Plain nor Englischer. The inner struggles of all the charters are touched on and it makes the story very interesting.
Janie  R.

Liked the suspense in the plot, but could have done without the romance, it mostly repeated over and over how much she(Hannah) still had feelings for this other character,it got boring. I didn't care for her character.
Christy
Despite the English influence in this read which is not a favorite of mine in Amish genre; I found this book quite suspenseful and page turning. Maybe not what I would call Amish Fiction but still quite good.
Shirley Hester
Very good book. Couldn't put it down. Very suspenseful.
PWRL
Apr 18, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Charis Zdrojewski
Charis Zdrojewski marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Kathy Smith
Kathy Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Eileen Connolly
Eileen Connolly marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Patricia Mccammon
Patricia Mccammon marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Christmas Stalking (Guardians, Inc., #4)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Zero Visibility
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Rebecca's Christmas Gift
  • A Heart Made New (The Bliss Creek Amish #2)
  • Agent Undercover
  • A Little Bit of Charm (The New Beginnings, #3)
  • A Baby for Hannah (Hannah's Heart, #3)
  • Danger in Amish Country: Fall from Grace\Dangerous Homecoming\Return to Willow Trace
  • Dangerous Melody
  • Threat of Darkness
  • Dark Crossings: The Covered Bridge \ Fallen in Plain Sight \ Outside the Circle
  • Assignment: Bodyguard (Secret Agent Series, #4)
  • A Perfect Square (Shipshewana Amish Mystery #2)
  • The Deputy's Duty (Fitzgerald Bay, #6)
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma #3)
  • Double Exposure
Kit Wilkinson is a former Ph.D. student who once wrote discussions on the medieval feminine voice. She now prefers weaving stories of romance and redemption. Her first inspirational manuscript won the prestigious RWA Golden Heart and sold to Love Inspired.

Kit is a full time teacher of French Language and English Literature. Besides work, she loves hanging out with friends and family, cooking for l
More about Kit Wilkinson...
Sabotage (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #202) Lancaster County Target Protector's Honor (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #166) Mom in the Making (Steeple Hill Love Inspired (Large Print)) Danger in Amish Country: Fall from Grace\Dangerous Homecoming\Return to Willow Trace